A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

? kind of groove - MV repair thru mini-thoracotomy - Jules

Posted: Apr 17, 2014

MD says this:  

A cross-clamp was applied to the ascending aorta and antegrade cardioplegia was given, followed by continuous retrograde cardioplegia.  __________ 5:20  groove was then opened. 

Thanks in advance! 

what does it sound like? sm. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
it could be Sondergaard's groove, but there are other possibilities as well. Can you provide a sounds like?

? kind of groove - MV repair thru mini-thoracotomy - Jules

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry. Sunderman's, sunnerman's, something like that. He's using a bad phone and has marble mouth :) I'll check into Sondergaard's. Thank you!

kind of groove sm. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
no need to apologize! It just helps to have a sounds like. In this case, there are various names of grooves that can apply here. I hear mostly Sondergaard, but sometimes the docs will say interatrial groove, etc. Hope you are able to figure it out. :)

Similar Messages:

Thoracotomy And Lobectomy
Jun 03, 2010

patient returns in preparation for right thoracotomy and lobectomy.  If labs are normal, proceed with s/l clavectomy and ruvectomy. ...

Thoracotomy Closure
Apr 24, 2012

Sounds like Brovina?? Braveena??? skin closure system.... Please help!! ...

Just A Mini-vent
Oct 15, 2010

I've got a dictator who speaks e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y slowly and clearly (the type who spells out the name "John" like the MT is some kind of moron)...until he gets to the labs.  He slurs so rapidly through the lab values that even slowing him down, half the time I don't understand what he's saying - was that albumin?  alk phos?  AST?  something or other acetate?  what?  WHAT? Could kill him.  Just kill him. Ok.  Vent over.  (I think some ...

Mini Rant
Feb 28, 2013

It so bugs me when people who should know better mispronounce words in dictation!  This NP who is dictating says "ejection fracture" instead of ejection fraction consistently, doesn't even seem to stop and wonder what it might mean or if it makes any sense!  She seems to basically understand what she is dictating, so how can she not know there is no such thing as an ejection fracture?   When I'm typing I need to understand what I'm typing to make sure that what I&# ...

Mini Staph Aureus
May 25, 2010

Has anyone ever hear of mini staph aureus and, if so, is that how it is transcribed?  TIA ...

Don't You Just Love It - Mini Rant
Feb 20, 2012

- when you are given templates with headers, and then the docs don't even try to use them?  Or jump back and forth between categories?  I have one for whom I just type everything out flat and then try and divide it up in to the categories on the template.  I'm just glad my supervisor understands! ...

Mini Rant About Dictators
Feb 07, 2014

One would think that if a dictator understands what she is dictating, she would be able to pronounce it right.  This lady says the patient is "prevasating" about not wanting to live where he does.  Unless she's reading that and dictating from notes, she must understand what perseverating means.  Then why can't she pronounce it?  She is an FNP.  She does this with so many words, like "cornea radit" for corona radiata.  Grrrrr! ...

Mini Mental Status Exam
Jan 19, 2010

Dr. clearly says "mini mental status exam" can the Mini Mental State Examination be referred to as status? and should it be caps? or is it okay mini-mental state exam? (or status) ...

Mini-Medical Insurance Policies
Apr 05, 2012

I've been doing a lot of research in the past few weeks and wonder if others have reached the same conclusions. My MTSO is offering a backup "mini-medical" (reduced benefits) plan for employees whose hours have been decreased due to lack of work.  When I resarched this kind of plan, this is what I learned. 1.  A typical major medical insurance plan:  Your insurance carrier recommends seeing in-network care providers.  The carrier has pre-negotiated rates with these pro ...

Aortic Root Vs. Aortic Groove
Mar 07, 2010

Doing a radiology report, and it s/l doc says... "normal left atrial, right atrial, and right ventricular, and aortic _____ s/l root or groove?"  Can anyone say if 1 is more likely? found both online?  Thanks. Also, mitral annular calcification and ____ thickening. s/l baselet? baseline? Thank you.. ...

How To Open "Mini Tool Bar" In Word 2007?
Mar 16, 2015

I lost my last Word 2007 CD and bought a new one.  All I want to do it change the point size.  I've searched help and Google and found no help in opening the "Mini Tool Bar"  When I select VIEW there is no drop down list.  I don't know if this is a problem with the program or why I can't locate this tool bar.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thank you! ...

"Storts" Mini Rigid Ureteroscope
Mar 28, 2012

Hi All, I am transcribing a Holmium laser pulverization of a ureteral stone and the doctor says he uses a "Stolts" mini rigid ureteroscope. Does anyone know what this is? s/l stole t s or stolts Thank you. ...

Here's A Different Kind Of Job
Nov 17, 2012

write test questions http://www.geiswriters.com/ ...

Be Kind To Your TSM Day.
Dec 04, 2014

Seriously - they are being dragged through this with us. They need their jobs just like we do. I am sure they don't like it and their kool-laid pitchers are empty but they have to play the game. Let's just don't shoot the messenger - they are just trying to survive just like us. They don't like it anymore than we do but can't say it. :) ...

ACL Repair
Mar 31, 2015

doc dictates "the knee was then held in 30 degrees of extension. A "night owl" wire was placed anterior to the graft..." What kind of wire? That doesn't sound right. I'm stumped. Not sure if it was a hiccup in dictation or not. ...

What Kind Of Clamp?
Jan 28, 2010

The uterus was clamped at the adnexa with a large _______ clamp. I really can't tell what it's saying...MAYBE "angled Z clamp", but I don't really know. It is a hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. What are my choices?  ...

S/l ASC Repair As An Infant.
May 14, 2010

PAST SURGICAL HISTORY: s/l ASC repair as an infant.   any ideas?? ...

What Kind Of Brainiac
Jun 01, 2010

puts a stutterer on ASR? ...

Hernia Repair
Jun 01, 2010

Dr. has dictated "go ahead and proceed with (s/l rainy-oh) hernia repair." help? TIA ...

C-phone Repair
Dec 23, 2010

I have an ongoing c-phone problem but don't have the time to be wihtout it to send it to the dealer.  Does anyone know who would best be able to fix it?  A computer repair place vs. TV repair, etc.  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks! ...

Some Kind Of Biopsy
Jan 04, 2011

She also is status post sigmoid loop colostomy in 2007 with _____ biopsy.  Sounds like the doc is saying ped-rectal biopsy.  Can't find it anywhere.  Any ideas? ...

What Kind Of Imaging?
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to transcribe a radiology report and the Dr. said something that sounds like "flare imaging." Is there such a thing as flare imaging? This is the sentence: ..."increased signal on (flare) imaging, larger on the left than on the right."  Appreciate any insight! ~Lotte ...

What Kind Of Computer Do You Like Best?
Aug 20, 2011

I am looking at computers (tiger direct) and dont know which kind to get for transcription.  Can you tell me any brands that you really like or to stay away from? ...

Endovascular Repair
Sep 02, 2011

Lander course wire or wonder course wire? ...

OP Note Help - ACL Repair
Dec 08, 2011

We confirmed the button had locked on the lateral femoral cortex and then used the pull sutures to pull the graft into the femoral tunnel.  All of this was confirmed using arthroscopic visualization.  The knee was taken through a full range of motion.  We confirmed "**s/l disometry** as well as the fact that there was no impingement on the femoral condylar roof nor on the PCL. I am not too familiar with op notes, so not sure what this word could be.  I came up with dissymmet ...

Not Funny, But It Kind Of Is.
Dec 09, 2011

Googled homeless shelters in my area to see if I could volunteer.  What do you think pops up beside the information?  "Become a medical transcriptionist at your own pace."  It should say "Become a medical transcriptionist and you may need a homeless shelter". ...

Need Help With Hernia Repair
Dec 12, 2011

The preperitoneum was taken down. The hernia was indeed medial to the epigastric vessels. The preperitoneal fat was further reduced. The hernia sac was completely reduced out of that area. A space was then created in the preperitoneum. A 4 x 6 inch Composix mesh was then introduced, secured to the ileopubic tract laterally and then also medially. The peritoneum was then closed over this with additional absorbable tacks. He tolerated this quite well. I'm not finding "preperitoneum" anywhere ...

Use A Laptop For MT? What Kind Do You Have?
Feb 03, 2012

I've been perusing laptops on Amazon.  Never had one before, so don't know that much about them.  If you were going to use one for one week out of each month to transcribe on, which one would you buy?  Or, if you already use one, what kind did you buy and why?  How many USB ports does it have?  How much memory?  Screen size?   Headphone jack?  Sound quality?   How long do you work on it per day?   Pros & cons?  ...

Try This,,,Now That Im Kind Of Comfy With ASR
Mar 21, 2012

Now that I am settled in on the ASR, not saying I like it or prefer it..I did turn the music back on...I used to do it all the time when I was on straight typing..If you can find the right music, like I play stuff that I really really know well, so I hear it but I dont hear it, know what I mean...but the rhythm seems to keep me moving well..Granted some of the dictators are impossible and it has to be turned off for them.. ...

TL's Get Some Kind Of Incentive ?
Jun 01, 2012

Does anybody at Nuance know if the TL's get some kind of incentive or something when they keep their accounts in TAT? ...