A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Some kind of biopsy - Ann H.

Posted: Jan 04, 2011

She also is status post sigmoid loop colostomy in 2007 with _____ biopsy.  Sounds like the doc is saying ped-rectal biopsy.  Can't find it anywhere.  Any ideas?

Perirectal? - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
Just a guess - could apply to either a perirectal lymph node or perirectal tissue, which might make more sense in your context.

Biopsy - Ann H.

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, that's it. Thanks so much. I listened to it extra carefully again and this time it sounds like "peerectal" biopsy, but at least now I know what it really is.

Similar Messages:

Leap Biopsy Or Leep Biopsy For HPV
May 18, 2010

I see that there is a LEEP procedure but unsure because I see the 2 terms unsed interchangeably when I googled.   Thanks ...

Biopsy Help
Dec 20, 2010

He had a ct-guided biopsy of the left iliac mass.  A left s/l kay-line node excisional biopsy was done on . . . . ...

Biopsy And ?
Aug 18, 2012

pancreas cystic and solid mass was suspicious for a PMN, biopsy and s/l "red pass"  positive.     Thanks! ...

Pituitary Biopsy.
Nov 18, 2009

...likely to be a microadenoma with *microassinine* formation.  Clear as a bell but I can't document this.  Any ideas at all?  Thanks! ...

Breast Biopsy
Feb 15, 2010

Sounds like he says underwent a left upper auto breast biopsy? ...

Liver Biopsy
May 13, 2010

The patient underwent transjugular liver biopsy.  Corrected s/l "sign-u-sorto" gradient was not significantly elevated and was less than 5. ...

Piravik Biopsy?
Dec 21, 2010

This patient is being seen for polyarthralgia, xerostomia, dysphagia, and gout.  Under the impression/plan, "Xerostomia, polyarthralgia – the patient could have autoimmune disease, including a possible Sjogren's disease.  The definitive diagnosis is a s/l piravic biopsy.  However, that is not typically done in a patient." She could possibly be saying "bite" in front of the word biopsy, but I can't tell if she's just stumbling over her words or if it's su ...

D&C Biopsy Forceps
Jun 30, 2011

Patient having D&C.  Sounds like doc is using rattlestone biopsy forceps.  Any ideas?  ...

Cone Biopsy
Dec 17, 2012

anyone ever heard the term --  On a cervical cone biopsy-- A second pass was made to  "Bevel and decry the cone" ?? sounds like decree? the cone...? ...

Is It Bouie Cup Biopsy?
Apr 20, 2013

I believe this is how it is spelled but I cannot verify it again. ...

Biopsy From A Sigmoidoscopy
Jul 08, 2013

There was a single granuloma seen on biopsy but it was thought by the pathologist to possibly be secondary to an adjacent ruptured "crept"?   Thanks for any help. ...

Excisional Biopsy
Apr 09, 2015

The small (s/l ranch) in the extensor mechanism was opened up. ...

Biopsy Forceps In Colonoscopy
Sep 20, 2011

Dictated:  there was a small polyp in the cecum which was removed using large s/l bodding biopsy forceps. bodding, body-and, biting, bodine... I hear the 'b' at the start, the 't' or 'd' in the middle, and 'ing' or 'ine' on the end.     Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

Isoconic Liver Biopsy?
Apr 14, 2012

Any help would be appreciated! ...

Solero Biopsy Device?
Dec 05, 2012

Cannot find spelling anywhere for Solero Biopsy Device. ...

*bite* Biopsy Technique
Apr 23, 2013

It sounds like *bite* biopsy technique. For polyp removal... Just checking this is a real thing and not just a stutter...Thanks for your help :) ...

Help With Breast Biopsy Report
Dec 29, 2014

This fast talker is saying something like:  "The first lesion was at the 9:00 position 7 cm from the nipple marked with an infinity clip, and the pathology from this revealed fragments of intraductal papilloma with involvement by (INAUDIBLE) change and slight epithelial atypia." The inaudible sounds like "clonisal".  She says it three times and speeds through it each time. Thanks! ...

Here's A Different Kind Of Job
Nov 17, 2012

write test questions http://www.geiswriters.com/ ...

Be Kind To Your TSM Day.
Dec 04, 2014

Seriously - they are being dragged through this with us. They need their jobs just like we do. I am sure they don't like it and their kool-laid pitchers are empty but they have to play the game. Let's just don't shoot the messenger - they are just trying to survive just like us. They don't like it anymore than we do but can't say it. :) ...

Sl Bromer Or Romer Aspiration Biopsy
Nov 29, 2009

The patient is being evaluated for anemia, and it is suggested that he may have myelodysplastic syndrome.  This "Bromer or Romer" aspiration biopsy is suggested to further delineate this patient's anemia.  Thanks. ...

May Consider Bronchoscopy And Biopsy With S/l Wonk. ESL Dictator.
Feb 26, 2010

Could it be wand possibly? ...

Central Lymph Node Biopsy
Aug 09, 2010

After some dissection, the single blue lymphatic was noted to entering a blue lymph node. This lymph node was then clipped and ligated and removed from the CL s/l pectoris. ...

S/l Galemie Core Biopsy Needle
Aug 11, 2010

Thanks! ...

Aviva Needle For Stereotactic Biopsy????
Jan 18, 2011

Anybody heard of an Aviva needle for a breast biopsy?  I can't find anything even close to it.  ...

S/l *travanal* Trocar Needle Biopsy - Sm
Feb 17, 2011

This doctor has a very heavy accent and slurs his words a little but this is what it sounds like he is saying.  Thanks. ...

Liver Biopsy Results....please See Message
Mar 28, 2011

Her liver biopsy showed cirrhosis of the liver with marked s/l rozating perinodular ballooning and Mallory bodies, and lymphocytic cholangitis, suggestive of autoimmune hepatitis and PBC overlap syndrome.   TIA ...

Bone Marrow Biopsy Results
Aug 09, 2011

This is a patient who has a history of pancytopenia secondary to uterine cancer.  The doctor is dictating the results of her bone marrow biopsy.  "...shows hypercellular for aged marrow with active trilineage hematopoiesis marked erythroid hyperplasia.  No morphologic evidence of malignancy or high-grade dysplasia.  S/L entry thiron stores.  Cytogenetics are still pending." ...

What Kind Of Clamp?
Jan 28, 2010

The uterus was clamped at the adnexa with a large _______ clamp. I really can't tell what it's saying...MAYBE "angled Z clamp", but I don't really know. It is a hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. What are my choices?  ...

What Kind Of Brainiac
Jun 01, 2010

puts a stutterer on ASR? ...

What Kind Of Imaging?
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to transcribe a radiology report and the Dr. said something that sounds like "flare imaging." Is there such a thing as flare imaging? This is the sentence: ..."increased signal on (flare) imaging, larger on the left than on the right."  Appreciate any insight! ~Lotte ...