A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Will Stedman's 2007 spellchecker work with Windows 7 and MS Word 2010? sm - wondering

Posted: Sep 14, 2012

I'm considering updating my computer and presently have a Dorland's Medical Spellchecker Version 3.0.  I'd actually like to use this if it will work but, if not, I'm wondering if the Stedman's 2007 will work with 2010. 

Spellchecker - Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
If you already have Stedman 2007 version, then just run the setup. It will then list all the versions of word that it can attach itself to. If you don't see Word 2010 listed, then I am afraid it won't work.

You can though try this free version posted on 4shared.

http://www.4shared.com/file/kkyoc_FA/Stedman_Spellchecker_Plus_2010.html

this is a dumb question but . . . what would happen if I tried to install it with Word 2010? sm - wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
will it just not work or will it corrupt the program/computer?

Yes - Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
Won't work at all.

Stedmans - Inquiring minds

[ In Reply To ..]
It wouldn't work and might cause some other programs to crash, you might get an error message when you try to install it. I have Word 2010 as well; a person needs to be careful when choosing software and make sure that it is going to be compatible.

Similar Messages:

Word 2007 - Stedman's Spellchecker 2010 - Unable To Add Words To Dictionary
Mar 23, 2015

Using Word 2007.  Installed Stedmans Spellchecker 2010 . Test shows the speller is working.  Upon spell checking document it does not allow me to add words to the dictionary. That option is grayed out. I've followed instructions found online to correct this in Word but that does not solve the problem.  I had EditScript downloaded to my PC , but have not used it yet.  I wonder if EditScript disabled this feature in Word?   ...

NEED MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Sep 13, 2013

Does anyone know where I can get MS Word 2007 or 2010 CHEAP?  The company I am hiring on with requires these versions.  Can't be the student or home versions either.  I have upgraded my computer to their requirements and that cost me an arm and a leg and now I need to get the correct MS Word program installed.  I simply can't afford much.  I've been without work too long in this rapidly declining profession I've been in for 30 years.  I'm ki ...

MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Apr 13, 2014

I need to purchase this online with an instant download but all the different sites are so confusing and I'm afraid to get scammed.  Has anyone ever had to download this and where did you get it from? Help please! ...

Microsft Word - How To Go From 2010 To 2007?
Mar 07, 2011

I have MS Word 2010, but all the jobs I have applied for require Word 2003 or 2007.  How can I change my version of Word (I am assuming I would have to buy MS Word 2003 or 2007)?  Or is it possible to have two versions on my computer? ...

Anyone Know Where To Get MS Word, 2003, 2007 Or 2010?
Feb 14, 2013

I have searched all over and can't find it.  I don't want the whole office package, just MS Word.  Thanks for your help! ...

Need Spellcheck For Word 2007/2010
Jul 01, 2014

Hi, I need to have a medical spellcheck with Word 2007/2010.  Has anyone used the eMedTools one?  I am afraid to download w/o some references.   I do not need an extensive one.   Link below is to the eMedTools I found. If not, do you know of any other ones, preferably free.  Rather not spend $100 right now. Thanks in adavnce!  :) ...

Word 2007 Or 2010 Update
Dec 05, 2014

Need to upgrade my microsoft word to 2007 or 2010 for a new position but I haven't worked since June so money is really really right.  Where can I buy it really cheap (I just need word not the whole office) or does anyone have an extra CD I could borrow. ...

Still Have Not Gotten My Stedman's Spellchecker To Work! What Is The File Name Of The Stedman&
Mar 02, 2010

I installed it and it acted like it installed successfully, but it is not working!  I've tried to search my entire hard drive for the dictionary file so that I can manually add it to Word, but I'm stumped!!!  I can find the folder on my C: drive that houses all the Stedman's Spellchecker files and such, but I do not know which one is the actual dictionary file. Somebody please help me! ...

Very Desperate For Word 2010 Or 2007 NOT Student/academic
Mar 20, 2012

Anybody Use Word 2007 Or 2010 Home & Student With EScription V10?
Aug 14, 2013

Thanks ...

I Am Still Working With Word 2003. How Do I Do An Upgrade To 2007 Or 2010?
Mar 02, 2015

nm ...

Is Escription Compatible With Word/windows 2007?
Jul 12, 2010

Hello!  My laptop just went kaput and I want to buy a new one but all of the computers these days come with windows 2007/word 7.  Does anyone know if escription is compatible with this operating system?  Does anyone know how to contact escription to find out? ...

Is There A Reason Why You Can Use Windows 7 And Word 2007 With EScription At Some Companies And Not
Jan 05, 2011

nm ...

Stedman's Spellchecker
Sep 05, 2012

I am thinking of buying/downloading Stedman's Spellchecker but had a question and wondered if anyone here can help me out. They have Spellchecker Plus for $99.95 and also Spellchecker Plus for $39.95. It looks as though the latter might be an update, but the descriptions are basically the same. Does anyone know if you need the $99.95 one first or will the $39.95 one do the job? I appreciate any feedback! ...

How Often Do You Upgrade Stedman's Spellchecker?
Mar 08, 2010

I was just wondering how often other MT's upgrade their references, particularly Stedman's Spellchecker? I have the 2007 edition, and am wondering if I should upgrade? What about other references, like Quick Look Drug Book? ...

Problem With Stedman's Spellchecker
Jan 20, 2013

I emailed Stedman's about this, but no reply yet. I have Spellchecker installed on my computer. Yes, it is shown in my Control Panel as being there. I lost my installation discs when we moved. Question: How do I use it now in Word 2007. I cannot figure it out. ...

Stedman's Medical Spellchecker Question
Nov 03, 2009

How many computers can you install the spellchecker on? ...

I Just Loaded My Stedman's Medical Spellchecker On My New PC
Feb 25, 2010

but it's not working in Word.  Is there something I need to check or uncheck in Word so that it is my default dictionary?  All I see when I open options, Spelling and Grammar, Custome Dictionaries, is custom.dic (default) checked, but it is not my medical dictionary.  Thanks! ...

Question About Selling Stedman's Spellchecker
Jun 07, 2013

How does it work with the new buyer and the registration code?  I installed it once.  I don't remember registering but that doesn't mean I did or didn't.  Anybody got any ideas??!!  It is the Stedman's Plus Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker 2013 CD-ROM. Thanks! ...

Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker Question
Mar 18, 2013

I have the 2006 version of Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker Plus and out of the blue it just stopped working.  Does anyone know what would cause this?  I can't even find it anywhere on my computer????  I tried to reload it from the disc but that would not load...can't live without it that's for sure.  I have sent an e-mail to them and hopefully they will get back to me soon!!!!!!! ...

Word 2010 - Change My Font And Spacing In Word 2010
May 09, 2015

I have to change my font and spacing in Word 2010. How do you change it so that it takes the settings for every document I create. I want it defaulted to Times New Roman and it keeps bringing up Calibri. Thanks for any help! ...

Stedman's 2007 Question
May 18, 2010

I am trying to install Stedman's Medical Spellchecker Plus 2007 on my computer. It gives you a choice of which word processor you want to use it with. Mine is Microsoft Word 2007. It does not give an option to choose Microsoft Word 2007.   Am I out of luck? Do I choose the closest word processor to what I have (Microsoft Word 2003?) ...

MS Office 2007 Or 2010. Anyone Have To Purchase This Lately?
Apr 08, 2014

Hi! I need to purchase this software to start a new MT job immediately. It cannot be the trial or the student version.  I am wondering if anyone else has had to purchase this recently?  I am hoping to find a discounted one somewhere, and I'm hoping someone might have a ligit link??  Thanks!! ...

Windows 2007
May 28, 2010

Was just wondering if anyone has gone from Windows XP to Windows 7 and if you have experienced any problems with clients work? I have several clients on main frames, etc and if I upgrade seems everything is Windows 7 now.....so just wanting to know if anyone is working their "normal" accounts and using this with ease?  thanx for any help. Wendy ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Word Expander/spellchecker
Jan 29, 2010

Any recommendations for a good spellchecker and word expander program that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...

Does Anyone Use Stedman's Medical Word Spellcheck
Feb 05, 2014

I always had this through work, and now I need to buy my own.  Are you allowed to borrow, or people share a license?   I don't know how this works, I've never done it. Is there another program similar to it, maybe a bit less in price?  I definitely do NOT want to spend $100 on it, let alone have to pay to renew any licensing or get upgrades every year.   I'd really like to buy it once and be done with it,  is that possible? What happens if you ...