A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker question - Carol

Posted: Mar 18, 2013

I have the 2006 version of Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker Plus and out of the blue it just stopped working.  Does anyone know what would cause this?  I can't even find it anywhere on my computer????  I tried to reload it from the disc but that would not load...can't live without it that's for sure.  I have sent an e-mail to them and hopefully they will get back to me soon!!!!!!!

Stedman's 2006 - forbear

[ In Reply To ..]
That happened to me. I used the same version for many years before I was forced to upgrade with the changing technology. It has something to do with your system compatibility, either WIN O/S or Microsoft Office version, I forget which. The company would prefer us to lease their program and upgrade very year, but I prefer to squeeze as much use out of my software as possible.

Similar Messages:

Stedman's Medical Spellchecker Question
Nov 03, 2009

How many computers can you install the spellchecker on? ...

I Just Loaded My Stedman's Medical Spellchecker On My New PC
Feb 25, 2010

but it's not working in Word.  Is there something I need to check or uncheck in Word so that it is my default dictionary?  All I see when I open options, Spelling and Grammar, Custome Dictionaries, is custom.dic (default) checked, but it is not my medical dictionary.  Thanks! ...

Still Have Not Gotten My Stedman's Spellchecker To Work! What Is The File Name Of The Stedman&
Mar 02, 2010

I installed it and it acted like it installed successfully, but it is not working!  I've tried to search my entire hard drive for the dictionary file so that I can manually add it to Word, but I'm stumped!!!  I can find the folder on my C: drive that houses all the Stedman's Spellchecker files and such, but I do not know which one is the actual dictionary file. Somebody please help me! ...

Stedman's Spellchecker
Sep 05, 2012

I am thinking of buying/downloading Stedman's Spellchecker but had a question and wondered if anyone here can help me out. They have Spellchecker Plus for $99.95 and also Spellchecker Plus for $39.95. It looks as though the latter might be an update, but the descriptions are basically the same. Does anyone know if you need the $99.95 one first or will the $39.95 one do the job? I appreciate any feedback! ...

How Often Do You Upgrade Stedman's Spellchecker?
Mar 08, 2010

I was just wondering how often other MT's upgrade their references, particularly Stedman's Spellchecker? I have the 2007 edition, and am wondering if I should upgrade? What about other references, like Quick Look Drug Book? ...

Problem With Stedman's Spellchecker
Jan 20, 2013

I emailed Stedman's about this, but no reply yet. I have Spellchecker installed on my computer. Yes, it is shown in my Control Panel as being there. I lost my installation discs when we moved. Question: How do I use it now in Word 2007. I cannot figure it out. ...

Question About Selling Stedman's Spellchecker
Jun 07, 2013

How does it work with the new buyer and the registration code?  I installed it once.  I don't remember registering but that doesn't mean I did or didn't.  Anybody got any ideas??!!  It is the Stedman's Plus Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker 2013 CD-ROM. Thanks! ...

Will Stedman's 2007 Spellchecker Work With Windows 7 And MS Word 2010? Sm
Sep 14, 2012

I'm considering updating my computer and presently have a Dorland's Medical Spellchecker Version 3.0.  I'd actually like to use this if it will work but, if not, I'm wondering if the Stedman's 2007 will work with 2010.  ...

Word 2007 - Stedman's Spellchecker 2010 - Unable To Add Words To Dictionary
Mar 23, 2015

Using Word 2007.  Installed Stedmans Spellchecker 2010 . Test shows the speller is working.  Upon spell checking document it does not allow me to add words to the dictionary. That option is grayed out. I've followed instructions found online to correct this in Word but that does not solve the problem.  I had EditScript downloaded to my PC , but have not used it yet.  I wonder if EditScript disabled this feature in Word?   ...

Medical Spellchecker And Expander
Jan 30, 2015

Can anyone tell me if the medical spellchecker programs and expanders in the transcription companies are good or would I be wise to invest in say Stedman's spellchecker and Shorthand 10? I am specifically thinking about applying to Inscribe. ...

Free Trial For Medical Spellchecker?
Apr 30, 2013

Does anyone know of a free online trial medical spellchecker I can try? What is the best medical spellchecker (without breaking bank)? I need one for work but have no idea what one to go with.  Input appreciated. ...

Does Nuance Provide A Medical Spellchecker
Nov 08, 2014

x ...

Question About Stedman's Medical Dictionary V 7.0
Jun 28, 2011

Does anyone know what versions of Windows this is compatible with? Also, any comments on how you like/don't like it would be helpful!  Tx!  :) ...

Does Anyone Use Stedman's Medical Word Spellcheck
Feb 05, 2014

I always had this through work, and now I need to buy my own.  Are you allowed to borrow, or people share a license?   I don't know how this works, I've never done it. Is there another program similar to it, maybe a bit less in price?  I definitely do NOT want to spend $100 on it, let alone have to pay to renew any licensing or get upgrades every year.   I'd really like to buy it once and be done with it,  is that possible? What happens if you ...

Pharmaceutical References
Nov 13, 2014

Does anyone recommend a good website to refer to when looking up generic/brand name drugs?  JMJ ...

Quicklook Versus Saunders Pharmaceutical
May 03, 2011

I am debating on purchasing one of the two drug reference books. Does anyone have any thoughts on Quick Look Drug Book 2011 versus Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book 2011?  They both look good to me. Just wondering if anyone has any advice.   Thanks ...

Re: Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book
Mar 19, 2013

What is the resource you will all use for generic/trademark drugs now that this book will no longer be published?  I will miss this reference. ...

Quick Look Drug Book Or Saunders Pharmaceutical?
Apr 20, 2010

I need to upgrade by drug book.  Which do you guys use if any? I used to use the Quick Look but over the last couple of years have been going with Saunders Pharmaceutical. Just wondering . . .   ...

Spellchecker Help
May 19, 2014

Hi, I recently transferred to a new computer, and had Stedman's medical spellchecker installed on my old computer. I just tried to put it on my new computer, and it said it needed an activation code, so I tried everything and couldn't find it. Anyways they said they stopped activating that program three weeks ago, REALLY!? UGH! Are there any good free medical spellcheckers that you know of that aren't going to kill my computer? (I can't afford to buy one) Any help would be so ...

DQS Spellchecker SUCKS Nm
May 01, 2010

. ...

Is Is Just Me? What's Up With The Spellchecker All Of A Sudden? ....
May 14, 2011

It's red underling CORRECTLY spelled words like "hemodynamic" and "hospitalization" and suggesting they be changed to "haemodynamic" and "hospitalisation"  ???  I do believe that is English way of spelling.  Anyone else having this issue?  Weird.  ...

MMMMMess Spellchecker
Feb 10, 2012

Quick question...   Anyone else having trouble with the spell checker on DocQscribe in that physicians already "added" to your accepted spelling list are now showing up as misspellings?   So very frustrating!!   Thanks in advance... ...

Electronic Spellchecker?
Mar 19, 2013

Would like info., pros and cons of spellcheckers? I am needing to purchase one and have no idea what I should get. I was told Stedman's was a good one. Thanks! ...

Need Free Spellchecker
Mar 20, 2015

Can anybody suggest an inexpensive medical spellchecker program? I have Stedmans 2008 on my "other computer" which quit working earlier this week, won't be fixed til next week. had to get an inexpensive replacement today so I can work -- can't afford to be not able to work for that long and it will do as a backup in the future. Apparently Stedmans does not "service" the 2008 edition anymore and I can't load it on this computer because they don't do the activation, etc., st ...

Spellchecker Advice
May 30, 2015

I'm thinking of getting the Stedman's Medical Dictionary CD for my own accounts.    Anyone had any problems with installing it or with compatibility with Windows 7?  It's quite expensive, so would appreciate your feedback before I go ahead and buy it.  Thanks! ...

Word Expander/spellchecker
Jan 29, 2010

Any recommendations for a good spellchecker and word expander program that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? ...

A New Company & Options For Spellchecker
Jun 29, 2010

I started with a new company and I did not have spellcheck, so I ordered it and it was quite expensive for the 2010 one. Now I found out that when I am in their program they are using their own. This has really ticked me off because I was TOLD that I needed to download a spellchecker and now I cannot send it back because I have downloaded it. Is there anyway that I can use this spellchecker instead of theirs? Any feedback will be appreciated. ;) ...

Need Help Finding Best Spellchecker To Download (cheap?)
Jul 11, 2011

I need to download a spellchecker today.  I have gotten recommendations for Stedmans, but it is $99.  Wondering if there is a source to download it less expensively and/or if there are recommendations for other spellcheckers available for download.  Thank you! ...

Stedman's Question
Mar 01, 2013

I'm looking to purchase Stedman's Electronic Medical Spellchecker and came across the 2011 version, new in shrinkwrap, for an unbelievable price on Amazon.  The description says: Stedman's Medical/pharmaceutical Spellchecker 2011 Starter KIT Version 2.0 on Cd-rom for Windows (CD-ROM) The phrase "Starter Kit" has me a bit confused though and even though I google'd and read the descriptions, I'm having trouble discerning if this some abbreviated version of Stedman&# ...

Stedman's Smartype
Apr 19, 2013

Hello.  I'm a Stedman's Smartype user (Version 5.1.2600.5512) on a Windows XP with Word 2002.  Wanting to get a new computer.  Will my version of Smartype (Copyright 2004) work with Windows 8/Office 365?  Thanks! ...