A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

line counter - terri

Posted: Apr 14, 2014

Does anyone know of a good simple line counter software program that will count lines (even if only one or two words on the line), plus headers and footers.  I do not need all the invoicing stuff and all that. I had free Abacus version 2.0 for years.  I have a new computer with Windows 7 on it and can no longer download Abacus as they have apparently gone out of business.  Trying to find a replacement, either free or cheap ($20).

Abacus 1.1 - sadie

[ In Reply To ..]
I found this link, but it looks like it's an earlier version that what you'd been using.

http://www.download3000.com/download_33025.html

On that page, there appear to be links to other line counting software, too.

I have the execute file for SE its the free one - IMANMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
it has limitations but I really like Abacus. Sylcount might give you a little bit better line count but I am happy with Abacus.

Similar Messages:

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Line Counter For Me?
Dec 28, 2009

I'm not sure what to download   ...

Webmedx Line Counter
Oct 10, 2011

This might need to be on the tech board, but I have a question on the WBX line counts, I just started here.  I am assuming that the number up on the right hand upper corner in black that changes is your line count?  When I do a VR job, I get a negative line count? What the heck is that?  Maybe I am understanding wrong and hoped someone could help me out.  I have typed several jobs and done maybe 5 VR jobs this shift and I have a line count of 43??? WWWAAAHHHH. Also, does eve ...

Free Line Counter
Nov 29, 2011

I was told there is a free download thru MTSTARS for a line counter.  How do I locate it if it exists?  Thank you.  Jay ...

Line Counter Program?
Jul 14, 2013

I am in need of a line counting and invoicing software program that is compatible with both MSWord 2007 and Windows 8. I must be able to include spaces, designate a specific character line count, and exclude headers/footers. Any suggestions? Thank you. ...

Abacus Line Counter
Feb 09, 2015

I had a computer crash and lost my Abacus line counting program (among other things!).  They obviously are no longer in business as I have tried repeatedly to contact them. Does anyone have the Abacus30.zip file they would be willing to send me?  Any help is very much appreciated. Any recommendations on a different line counting program? ...

Line Counter Compatible With Vista
Oct 25, 2009

does anyone know of a line counter that is compatible with Vista?     ...

Anyone Know Of A FREE Downloadable Line Counter?
Feb 24, 2010

Thank you! ...

Word 2007 Line Counter
Dec 01, 2011

Is there a line counter that works with Windows 7 and Word 2007? What is everyone using now that Abacus is out of business? Thanks!  ...

Free Line Counter For Windows 7?
Nov 17, 2013

Is there a such thing as a free line counter that will work with Windows 7? Thanks. ...

Recommendations For Free Line Counter Software? Sm
Jan 11, 2013

I really wish I could use Sylvan but I have Word 2002 and it only utilizes Word 2003 and higher. I was suggested to try Abacus but I cannot find a legitimate download link. Any other suggestions? Thanks! ...

Page Counter
Jul 30, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is software that will count pages for reports that are one continuous file with multiple pages?   I have tried several, but they count the file as one page, rather than delineating each page separately. Thank you. ...

Over-the-counter Meds
Nov 23, 2010

Is it Extra Strength Excedrin or extra-strength Excedrin? ...

Keystroke Counter
Aug 05, 2012

Looking for a program that will only count keystrokes done within a document.  I have a bunch of templates but cannot count that part just the stuff we are typing.  Any suggestions. ...

Keystroke Counter? (sm)
Sep 08, 2013

VR drafts have BECOME so far off what was clearly dictated that it is taking LONGER to edit than it would to just transcribe it.  Not only do I have to re-transcribe it, but delete full sentences and phrase that sound nothing like what was clearly dictated!  As MTs we used to be paid for our keystrokes which was fair.  Today we probably put in twice the keystrokes we are paid for.  Anyone know of a cheap keystroke counter as I think this would be very useful in a suit again ...

Spelling Of Over The Counter Supplement
May 15, 2013

Good afternoon everyone, I am in need of help on an over the counter supplement the doctor is dictating. It sounds like she is dictating "Noclia"  (Know-clee-a) I have tried every combination I can think of on looking for the spelling.  According to the doctor, it is an over the counter supplement to fight inflammation.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

He Is Still Bothered By Tinnitus And Wonders If I Have An Over-the-counter Medication, Called S/l Qw
Jan 02, 2010

TIA :-) ...

Antibiotic To Decrease The *colony Counter* Ulcers In Her Foot ...sm
Apr 26, 2011

I would add an antibiotic to decrease the *colony counter* ulcers in her foot and try to speed up the healing with doxycycline. ...

Pt Takes Over The Counter "A Zof" For Pain With Urination.
Nov 14, 2013

? ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Okay, If You Were Making .04/line With VR But Offered 08/line With Transcription . . . Unlimited Amt
Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think? ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

MTSOs - Why Anyone Would Do VR For 0.03 Per Line Or Straight Transcription For 0.07 Per Line
Mar 13, 2012

It's beyond me why anyone would do VR for 0.03 per line or straight transcription for 0.07 per line, even 0.08 stinks.  Are we all that desperate to let these companies get away with not paying a living wage?  It's outrageous.  As long as MTs send their resumes to these companies and apply for these positions, the longer it will take to bring us back to the pay level we deserve.   At this point, i'd rather starve then sell my soul to the devil. ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...