A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question about companies supplying the computer. - landroverlady

Posted: Mar 29, 2012

Please do not slam me if this is a dumb question but I am confused.  If a company supplies the computer and equipment and you still work part time with another company, how can I have 2 computer going/set up short of getting another desk to put it on?  I have never worked this way before.   

...A KVM switch... - double-duty here also.

[ In Reply To ..]
I use a Belkin switch. It is a button you use to share the monitor, keyboard and mouse - but have 2 separate computer towers/units. I have both computers under my desk but am able to use that button to toggle between the two, so I only have to use 1 monitor, 1 keyboard, 1 mouse.

Hope this helps - I think you can get these at Staples. I've had mine so long I cannot remember where I purchased it.

Ditto KVM - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't remember my brand, but they use hot keys. My husband's old one you actually had to turn each time LOL. I paid $40 for mine IIRC.

Thank you so much. - landroverlady

[ In Reply To ..]
I had no idea it was that simple. Thanks!
KVM SWITCH - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
I dont even remember what its called but I have a switch as well and "toggle" between computers. But the catch for me is I have all plug-ins, like the green and purple plug-ins because the usb wont work. If you have a usb keyboard you can't plug it into your KVM switch unless you have an adapter, they're cheap, usb/pc adapter.
so the original plugs go into the switch and the extensions for both computers from the kvm switch go into each computer.

Similar Messages:

Are There Companies Still Supplying Computers Anymore?
Jan 13, 2014

currently at Nuance but brely making a living.   ...

MT Companies That Provide Computer
May 17, 2010

hello: just wondering if anyone can tell me what companies provide computers?  i worked for medigrafix and medquist before.. have been thinking about getting back into transcription but now.. i have to use a company provided computer. thanks for the info. ...

Companies That Loan You Computer
Aug 16, 2010

Looking for a new gig, but my laptop is Vista and low on memory.  Want to find a company that will let you borrow/rent one from them besides MQ and Transcend.  Any ideas? ...

What Companies Provide Computer?
Aug 10, 2011

I am thinking about getting back into medical transcription and wondered if there are any companies that provide a computer. I am not interesting in MQ. I don't think there is much job security there anymore, especially since the CEO made that pretty clear in his recent article. ...

Do Most Companies Provide A Computer Or
Aug 18, 2013

do you have to have one already? Thanks in advance ...

Anyone Know Of National Companies That Provide Computer? Sm
Mar 04, 2012

I am facing layoff at the end of March and looking for at home work, but do not have and cannot afford a computer.... ...

Any MTSO Supplying PC Equipment?
Apr 14, 2015

Besides Precyse, is there any MTSO who will supply the initial PC setup to MT or VR at home?  I think Synernet might, but not sure. Thanks! ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Still Provide A Company Computer For Employees? Sm
Oct 07, 2012

I'm just talking about employees here, not ICs.  It amazes me that as a company employee, we would not be provided the most important tool we need to work with all set up to company specs, loaded with company s/w.  If we worked on site, would we be expected to bring in our own computers?  I don't think so. Thanks. ...

Are There Any Companies That Provide Computer Equipment? Tired Of Nuance
Jan 31, 2014

xx ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

Need New Computer
Dec 26, 2009

I need a new computer however I need to have XP for EXText.  Wondering which way I should go--- Dual boot or have 2 separate hard drives, one for XP and the other for Windows 7 Professional?  Any advice? ...

Mq Computer
May 10, 2010

I leave my computer up and running all the time.  In the past week every morning I am having to reboot because I get an error saying "insufficient system resources to perform this action."  As soon as it finally reboots, then everything is fine, I can log onto DQS and type all day with no problems.  Then it sits again all night, and the same thing happens the next morning. Does anyone know what the problem might be?  Tech support has already increased the virtual memory capa ...

How Many Of You Use Your MQ Computer...
May 17, 2010

for other things besides work such as another job, internet shopping, banking, facebook, etc.? ...

Help - New Computer
Aug 19, 2010

I got a new computer today and when my first job comes up the ADT info is at the top of the page.  Can you tell me how to get it off.  Also how to I make the print on my screen larger?  TIA ...

Computer Age VS 6.1
Sep 10, 2010

I was just wondering how old some computers are that are having problems with 6.1 and if there are people with newer computers that handles it better.  Mine is a MQ computer that is 4 years old now and it bogs down quite a bit.  Everything is sluggish now.  I do have 1 GB of ram and 1.84 GHz, so 6.1 shouldn't take a toll on it as bad as it is.  I'm just wondering if I should ask the Q for an upgrade, if that is the problem.  Knowing the RAM and proces ...

Help MQ Computer
Sep 16, 2010

Need help! I don't use an MQ computer, since they don't want you to put anything personal on it, and most of my life, including banking, is on my computer.   My 4-year-old computer crashed and is in the shop for a couple days, and I decided maybe it's time to get a new one.  The problem is, DQS requires a 32-bit system, and so far all the new computers I've found are all Windows 7, which is 64 bits.   I also want to get a slimline, since it kills my ...

Is It Just My Computer?
Sep 20, 2010

I turned off the "check as you go" spelling feature to get rid of that distracting wiggly red line.  When I upload a document, and a mis-spelling is picked up, what's with all the lame suggestions.  I mean either there just aren't any suggestions at all for a simple mis-spelled word with a single wrong letter, or just a simple word.  What happened to the old Q dictionary?  It seems every 5 years their dictionary gets worse.  When I started 10 years ag ...

Using MQ Computer
Dec 01, 2010

I am looking at quitting MQ, and I'm using their computer...do you think they'll let me buy the computer from them????  I can't imagine it's cheap to mail it back to them, and will need a computer for my new job. ...

Computer Needs
Jun 06, 2011

Does anyone use a Mac for medical transcription with Windows XP and MT software that requires nothing newer than XP?  Also any experience with Windows XP and Medrite XL on a newer computer using Windows 7 and virtual xp?  Needing advice before replacing my old computer, which I'm afraid might give out.   I would just load XP but supposedly will be transferring to software compatible with Windows 7 sometime in the future.   Any ideas appreciated.    ...

Lap Top Computer
Oct 03, 2011

Does anyone transcribe on a laptop computer and take your work with you when you travel? ...

New Computer From Q
Oct 20, 2011

came by FedEx today.  Had no idea they were sending this.  I quit or decided not to go with them from AT yesterday.  Would think they would let me know they were sending a new computer.  What a joke, glad I am not staying.  Think they got so big they have no idea what's going on. ...

Need A New Computer
Nov 12, 2011

is there any kind of computer i should NOT consider getting to work for medquist?  i think i heard they aren't compatible with MACs, but as far as PCs go....does Windows 7 work?  Vista?  XP?  all of the above?   just want to know what to avoid. thanks!       ...

Got New MQ Computer And
Nov 20, 2011

How do I change the color on DocQscribe from that blinding bright background to nice soft gray? I have no clue how on this machine and my eyes get too sore with the white. Also, how do I turn off all sounds, if anyone knows.   Thanks in advance. ...

New MQ Computer
Nov 21, 2011

Got my new computer. Got my flash drive. Want to transfer my favorites, my documents to the new computer.  I got the favorites transferred, but can't get the documents. Went to My Documents, Properties, Move to, but according to some instructions I read, it's supposed to ask you are you sure you want to move? or something like that. I never got that question and can't get them moved. Really technically challenged. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really need so ...

When I Buy A New Computer, Which Should I Be
Dec 05, 2011

Right now I'm working from a 32-bit.  Which do most transcription platforms support?  ...

Computer Help Please
Apr 13, 2012

Tech support says the Dpcqscribe program will only work with a 32 bit 4 gig computer...Im trying to not have to use their virtual desktop since it is lagging my computer something fierce..So I went to Best Buy today and all they have is 64 bit Windows 7 models..but they did say I could load windows 7 professional on there for another 99 dollars and it will run as a 32 bit...has anyone tried this and had it work??...Ill call tech support in the morning before I invest..I need to get off this craz ...