A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Deleting a word from DocQscribe dictionary - kris

Posted: Nov 20, 2009

HELP!  Can anyone tell me how to delete words from the spellcheck dictionary?  I accidently added a misspelled word to the dictionary that i don't want in there and can't figure out how to get it out!  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Incorrect words in DQS dictionary - violetsky

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not 100 percent positive, but I did the same thing as you once and got around it by adding the misspelled word to my expander list and having the expander correct it automatically to the correct spelling. Worked for me. Hope this helps.

Actually this might work better - violetsky

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually try this instead... The next time you're in spellcheck, click on the 'Dictionaries' tab at the bottom of the dialog box that pops up, then find and select the word that's misspelled in your list of words, then click delete.

Similar Messages:

DocQScribe Dictionary
Aug 07, 2010

How do you guys edit your dictionary in DocQScribe?  I have a term that is not spelled correctly and I can't figure out how to get into the dictionary to delete it. Thanks for any info you'd like to share.         ...

Deleting Whole Sentence Short In MS Word 07
Nov 19, 2010

Hello there fellow MTs. I know that there is a short to delete a sentence to the next period in word, but I can't find it by googling it and I am wasting way too much time just pushing buttons.  If anyone knows this short and would like to share I would really really appreciate it. Since I am asking for a short, I will share the one I use the most.   Ctrl+bksp = Delete last word Ctrl+delete= Delete next word Thank you for any help! ...

Medical Dictionary For Word 7
Aug 15, 2011

Anybody have experience with adding a medical dictionary that works with Word 7 and doesen't require a home equity loan to download? ...

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

Word 2007 - Stedman's Spellchecker 2010 - Unable To Add Words To Dictionary
Mar 23, 2015

Using Word 2007.  Installed Stedmans Spellchecker 2010 . Test shows the speller is working.  Upon spell checking document it does not allow me to add words to the dictionary. That option is grayed out. I've followed instructions found online to correct this in Word but that does not solve the problem.  I had EditScript downloaded to my PC , but have not used it yet.  I wonder if EditScript disabled this feature in Word?   ...

DocQscribe And Third Party Word Expanders
Feb 18, 2011

Hi - our hospital is going from Chartscript to Medquist DocQscribe.  Was wondering what is the best word expander program to use with DocQscribe, i.e. Instant Text, Shorthand, or SpeedType?  Have any of these programs been useful with DocQscribe or do you find it just as fast to use DocQscribe expanders?  Thank you for your input! ...

Deleting Old Emails
Aug 17, 2010

The company I used to work for didn't want us to delete old emails in their system. I can't find anything in MQ saying if we are allowed to delete old emails or if we are supposed to keep them all. Anyone know?   ...

Deleting PTO In Schedulesource
May 12, 2011

Anyone know how to delete PTO in schedulesource that has already been approve?  I need to delete it but can't figure it out. ...

Deleting A Message
Sep 26, 2011

Please tell me how to delete my posted message.  When I go to the edit/delete message button, it will only let me edit, not delete the message.   Thank you. Lmac ...

Anyone Have A Tip They Can Share For Deleting
Nov 02, 2014

When doing VR, which of course is 98% of the time, I keep my hands at the bottom of the keyboard, left hand near Cntl, right hand hovering over the arrow keys.  Since there is a lot of deleting to do, you have to reach up to the top right corner of the laptop to press delete.  Of course I always have to look to make sure I don't accidentally hit insert.  It's so annoying.  Is there an easier way that I'm not thinking of?  Any suggestions would be SOOOO app ...

Does Deleting 1, 2 Or 3 Words Now Generate
Sep 05, 2010

xx ...

Deleting Express Scribe
Sep 15, 2010

Help!  I downloaded Express scribe as a trial because a company I was going to apply with uses it.  But it is not compatible with the company I am presently working for.  How do I get rid of Express Scribe?  Thanks! ...

Deleting Unused Expansions..
Nov 18, 2010

How does one delete the many unused expansions from old accounts when NOT working in DocQscribe??  Do you log in and check that little box that says something about no audio??  I have soooo many I don't use anymore just taking up space.... ...

Deleting A File From Adobe
Aug 23, 2014

Does anyone know how to delete a file from Adobe Reader 9? Five documents show up at the bottom of the screen. If I click on file and then open, it asks for the document name. I type it in, but then it says it can't find it. I accidentally opened something extremely personal on my work computer and want to get it off. Thank you for any help. ...

Custom Dictionary
Jun 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me in "simple terms" how to convert my custom medical dictionary from one computer to another?  Boy, I sure hope so!  Linda ...

Add To Dictionary In Editscript
Jul 07, 2012

I had to have a tech come in and fix some problems I was having with editscript, but now my "add to dictionary" is not working. I was hoping to avoid another support ticket, but when I search on line, it just says create my own custom dictionary. Doesn't work. Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Spellcheck/dictionary Help.
Aug 27, 2012

My computer crashed this weekend and I lost everything.   I need a spellchecker word list for MS Word 2007 and Shorthand version 9.  Please help me fellow MTs!  Thanks in advance. ...

Medical Dictionary
Sep 15, 2014

Can anyone recommend a medical dictionary to use with a web based platform?  ...

Which Medical Dictionary Is The Best To Get The Computer?
Apr 22, 2010

NM ...

Reasonably Priced Medical Dictionary
Aug 24, 2010

Purchased new computer with Word 2010.   Need to make an updated spellchecker purchases.  Thanks for your feedback! ...

HOW DO YOU DELETE ENTRY FROM DICTIONARY
Nov 02, 2010

Does anyone know how to delete entries from user dictionary?  Thanks in advance ...

I Accidentally Deleted Alt+A, Add To Dictionary.
May 16, 2011

I was working on some macros and needed a command for changing text to Arial 11.  I'm thinking "hmmmm, Arial, A." Let's make it Alt+A.  Does it tell me that's already assigned to something?  Nooooooo.  I totally forgot it's part of the spell checker commands.  So now, when I do spell checks, I don't have the option to add words to the dictionary.  How do I get Alt+A back to it's original state?  I deleted the macro I'd made, ...

What's The Best Electronic Medical Dictionary?
Nov 29, 2011

I'm looking to purchase a good medical dictionary to incorporate into my word program.  Anyone using one?  You can email me since we can't name names here.   Thanks ! ...

Best Medical Dictionary To Get For Your Computer?
Feb 17, 2012

What is the best medical dictionary to get for your copmuter? ...

Shorthand Dictionary Question
Feb 11, 2013

I have several Shorthand dictionaries and am loading a new PC.  How do I prioritize one of the dictionaries? More than 1 has the same short cut phrase.  Thanks!  ...

Emdat Inscribe - Need Dictionary Help Please
Aug 16, 2014

Upon spellcheck once I've F7'd to complete a report, I accidentally hit Add on a misspelled word and now the misspelled word has been added to the dictionary as correct.  Is there anyone who can tell me how do find and delete that entry? Thanks in advance :) ...

Free Online Medical Dictionary?
Jun 03, 2011

I was told I need to download a new medical spell checker for my computer.  Problem is, Stedman's cost $100, and I simply do not have that right now.  Are there any good, professional, reliable FREE online medical spell checkers out there to download?  Thanks! ...

Question About Stedman's Medical Dictionary V 7.0
Jun 28, 2011

Does anyone know what versions of Windows this is compatible with? Also, any comments on how you like/don't like it would be helpful!  Tx!  :) ...

Backup Dictionary And Auto Correct Entries
Dec 09, 2009

Can someone please tell me how to back up my custom dictionary and auto correct entries in Word 2000?  Thank you so much! ...

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...