A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Escription, using Vista, cannot minimize - Precious

Posted: Nov 23, 2012

Have a new system and for whatever reason cannot get things to minimize to the usual place, the bar at the bottom of the page (I give up, what do you call it?).  If I bring Google up and want to minimize that and keep, cannot do because if I go back to Google the same material still there.  Used to be with my other XP could minimize all the way across the page and this time not. Any ideas as to how to correct this? TIA

escription - is it

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you check to see if it was compatible with Vista? What are the requirements as far as what you computer needs are to run the escription platform? Should be available through your employer.

I have Escription, on the computer, want to know how to - Precious

[ In Reply To ..]
minimize something like I used to be able to do on the bar down at the bottom of my page. If I minimize anything at the top in the right hand corner it will go to the bottom under google but i am used to having several places open when I work in case I need to refer back to them, not just 1 place. I hope I make myself clear, maybe didn̢۪t in the first posting. TIA

Similar Messages:

Burn - Retained Hemostasis And Was Able To Minimize Blood Loss
Aug 09, 2010

s/l This fashion I retained hemostasis and was able to minimize blood loss after deflation of the tourniquet. my question is would i need a comma after what s/l this fashion? ...

Vista Conversion
Nov 01, 2009

Hello!  I have an Acer desktop that is a vista.  My old computer was an XP, and I still have the hard drive that I removed from it before I gave it away.  Is it possible that I can remove the Vista hard drive from my present computer and replace it with the XP hard drive from my previous computer?  (I don't remember the name of my previous computer).  Thanks! ...

ANY COMPANIES USE VISTA
Nov 09, 2009

Any companies use Vista.  Thank you ...

Vista And EMDAT...
Dec 09, 2009

For those that use Vista and EMDAT/Inscribe, have you had problems downloading and using the platform?  If so, what issues did you encounter?  Thanks!! ...

Can Vista And EMDAT Be Used Together? Are There Any
Dec 09, 2009

nm ...

Has Anyone Tried DQS With Vista Or Windows 7?
Jan 02, 2010

I need a new computer & would rather not have to buy a refurbished or special order from Dell just to get XP, so I'm wondering if anyone's been able to try the new Windows 7 or even Vista, though I'd prefer Windows 7 I think.  TIA!!! ...

Question About Vista
Jul 11, 2010

I just got a new computer with Vista and can't get DQscribe to download.  Is Vista compatable with DQscribe?  Thanks! ...

MModal's DQS 7.1 And Vista
Oct 05, 2012

Hey MModal MT's, Do any of you guys work on Vista in the new DQS 7.1?   I have a company-issued computer, but my laptop runs on Vista.  Just wondering is DQS 7.1 will run okay with Vista.   ...

Anyone Using VIsta For Fluency 7.4??
Oct 13, 2014

Need  to use my laptop for work this week - - Vista.   I know they say it's incompatible, but in the past I've been able to work when they said that as well.  Just wondering if anyone is currently working on Fluency 7.4 on Vista.  Thanks! ...

Loading DocQscribe On Vista
Oct 20, 2009

Can someone please instruct me on how to load DQS on Vista?  Thanks! ...

Is DocQScribe Compatible With Vista? Nm
Feb 20, 2010

xxx ...

Line Counter Compatible With Vista
Oct 25, 2009

does anyone know of a line counter that is compatible with Vista?     ...

How To Properly Install GearPlayer 4 On Vista?
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone know how to properly install GearPlayer 4 on Vista?  I cannot get it right.  I am also using the Emdat Inscribe.  Thanks ...

Windows Vista And Express Scribe
Jan 11, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get express scribe to work properly, with Vista. I have tried every compatible mode and downloaded an add-on, that was suggested to make it work. I think I need to find another alternative. However, thought I might check here first. ...

How To Disable Cookies On Vista Windows
Jul 15, 2010

can you tell me where to find the place in my computer to disable cookies?  a tech did it for me today on my desktop and i want to do it on my laptop but don't remember where to find it.  i've been floundering around here 30 min and now can't find it...thanks. ...

Has Anyone Successfully Installed 6.1 On Windows Vista?
Sep 07, 2010

I haven't tried to install it yet but I'm seeing so many people reporting trouble that I'm afraid to even try.  This is my own computer and it runs Windows Vista.  What are my chances of having the new version 6.1 install without it turning into a nightmare?   ...

Does MTStars FlashCount Work With Vista?
Dec 21, 2010

I have installed it and it works just fine until the point of creating invoice and it will not add up my words, lines, or anything.  I have selected different ways just playing around and cannot get it to calculate.  It produces the invoice just fine but with no actual calculations.  The only thing I am wondering is if it is a Vista compatibility issue.  I noticed the website did not list it under "Platform Supported".  Thanks in advance for any help provided! ...

S/l Vista Web Pathology Medical Record. Sm
Feb 01, 2011

Brushing biopsies were obtained with final pathology consistent with squamous cell carcinoma, according to the Vista web pathology medical record from the Montana VA.  ...

Window's Vista Speech Recognition
Aug 18, 2011

Will b starting to work from home soon and would like to use Vista's speech recognition. My ques is do I need to buy Stedman's spellchecker and the dictionary or just the dictionary? Thanks. ...

Vista Windows Mail Question
Jul 22, 2013

Hello all. I have Vista Windows Mail (it does not say Live Mail). I am wanting to alphabetize my contacts list in e-mail, but I see no place I can do that. There is an "organize" tab, but that is just for folders and things. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks so much! ...

Is Nuance Compatible With Windows 7/Vista 64 Bit Systems? Sm
Mar 21, 2011

I'm wondering because posting says now compatible with Windows 7/64 systems, but actual information on job info page for the application says 32 bit systems only but that is as of Feb. Anyone know for sure? I have 8 GB of memory and only Vista 64 and Windows 7 can utilize higher than 4 GB of memory.  The 32 bit systems can only utilize a max of 4 GB of memory.  Makes a huge difference.  TIA! ...

Vista And Full Local Admin Rights
Sep 14, 2011

Having problems with company trying to load Dictaphone platform onto my computer.  I have Vista and it is denying access to some applications, saying I don't have full adminstrator rights.  Has anyone had this problem? TIA! ...

Escription VR
Mar 23, 2010

Is this platform good/bad/indifferent.  I have used ExSpeech which was a horrible platform.  Just wondering what is an average line count/hour that you can get on this platform.  I know there are a lot of variables, but a "ball park" idea would be great!   Thanks, ...

Anyone Is Using EScription Out There
Jun 17, 2011

Hey, I am curious as to whether anyone is using eScription out there.  If so, for what company and do you like it?  Thanks for your help! ...

Does Anyone Else Use Escription?
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone else use escription? If so, how do you get the line count? ...

Is 3.7 Cpl Okay For EScription?
Aug 24, 2012

I have no choice but to accept because the rug has been pulled from under me and my fellow co-workers.  Hospital outsourced to a transcription company and 0.37 cpl is what they are offering us using eScription. ...

New To Escription.
Feb 16, 2013

I am new to escription and start with my new job on Tuesday.  Is there any advice beforehand?  I really need a job at home right now or I wouldn't even give VR a second look.  But because it is what it is I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers?  Thanks. ...

Escription ....
May 08, 2013

Hi there! I posted a while back b/c i was a bit nervous after 20 years going to voice rec. Its only been a week now and i really REALLY love it.  I enjoy it. Okay shoot me now I konw most of you hate it. Anyway, I remember when i started a regular transcriptiion job a few years ago and i had to get used to an entirely new system, i was going so incredibly slow i never thought id be able to make a living with all the little bits and details. But it worked out fine and i eventually got it down ...

Qa On Escription
Sep 06, 2014

Does anyone who does QA on escription/editscript know how to get their counts? I know MTs get their line count through the transcription metrics, is it the same for QA? Thank you, freesf   ...

TTS Escription
Jan 25, 2015

For a company with technology in its name, I find this platform sorely lacking. Constantly having to correct capitals I don't want when I take out a period, it not putting a macro over what I want to change and all this backing up and retyping to change stuff or get a macro to work where I want it is driving me crazy (I know, short trip) and wasting a lot of time.   Don't they have any engineers or programmers who can get around this?  Guess I just got spoiled at Precyse; mac ...