A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

how to properly install GearPlayer 4 on Vista? - anon

Posted: Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone know how to properly install GearPlayer 4 on Vista?  I cannot get it right.  I am also using the Emdat Inscribe.  Thanks

Call the technical help number, they are great and can - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
walk you through the process. I just had a problem with mine last week and in less then 10 minutes, I was good to go.

Gear Player - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much.

Similar Messages:

Express Scribe Vs GearPlayer
Dec 09, 2012

Hi... I work an account with voice files and my Windows Media doesn't support it. The contractor recommends GearPlayer but until this account pays off I'm not willing to spend the money to purchase. I found Express Scribe as a free download. Anyone use it? How's the quality? Thanks, Pat ...

GearPlayer/Start-Stop/ExpressScribe
Oct 04, 2014

Hi! I am setting up to work digitally from home (good-bye tapes!). I have to get software and am looking for recommendations/information on which would be the best.  Thank you so much in advance for your input. I already have setup an FTP site with MTFTP, and must say it costs a little more than some that I looked at but came highly recommended from a friend.  It was very easy to navigate and setup.  One quick call to tech went very well, very helpful.  At this point, woul ...

Can't Speak Properly
Aug 22, 2014

There are a couple of dictators whose grammar, pronunciation, and enunciation is so poor, you wonder if they actually need a translator in order to speak to their English-speaking patients. A translator that can translate poor English. That translator would be bilingual, that is, English-speaking and poor-English-speaking. Yes, it seems "poor English" is also a language of its own that only those who speak it can understand. ...

Is GearPlayer Compatible With The Infinity USB Foot Pedal?
May 12, 2013

Is Gear Player compatible with the Infinity USB foot pedal?  I am DONE with this Express Scribe mess. ...

How To Properly Type This Sentence?
Dec 10, 2009

I am going to ask for him to see Dr. __ for consideration of surgical decompression question fusion.     Not sure how to type this, when Dr says 'question' ...

How Is Carotid Doppler Properly Typed?
Nov 04, 2009

Is it capitalized?  carotid dopper, carotid Doppler, or Carotid Doppler? ...

Spell Check Not Working Properly
Oct 19, 2010

Be careful with the spell check.  It is not working properly.  I just let something go through that I thought spell check would catch and I would fix it when I came to the end of the document.  I just realized that I let it go through and it never picked up my error.  :(  Also, did anyone else notice that when the new version 6.1 was installed some of your expansions were lost? This happened to me.  I lost many of my expansions. ...

6.1 Install
Sep 07, 2010

I can't even get 6.1 installed correctly.  I attempted to download, got an error message to call support which I did.  Support called me back rather promptly.  The tech worked on my machine for 30 minutes cause he couldn't get it to download either.  He then pronounced it ready to go.  However, when I attempted to login I received another error message that said the program had to close and I can't login and have been waiting for support to call since 9:15 ...

Is There Any Way I Can Install Office 2003 On
Mar 04, 2010

heard that Office 7 is difficult to work with.  I have to learn BeyondTx at the same time, and I don't want to be overwhelmed with all of this.  I have never used any office programs for work.  Thanks for any help.       ...

Do I Have To Install Benchmark On My Computer?
Mar 28, 2010

I know we have to install and whatever, and there are all of these steps, and I really do not want anything else on this old MQ computer to slow it down more.  I am pretty content with the sites I go to and really don't want to learn another program.  Besides, I do think that they will start charging us after January and I certainly am not paying for something when I can get answers free.  This is just one more thing to do and we probably won't even make it through the y ...

VMWare Question. If You Install This On
Jun 07, 2011

your Win7, 64-bit computer to run DQS, if you enter your COA from your old computer's WinXP, will it cause you to not be able to use your old computer's WinXP anymore?  I'm assuming you're only supposed to use the Win XP COA on one computer, or does it not matter on the VMWare? ...

Question Regarding Install DocQScribe
Jan 16, 2012

Since starting work for Medquist last year, I've used the company computer which had DocQScribe already installed, but now I want to work from my own computer and send their equipment back.  Can anyone tell me how to install DocQScribe onto my computer?  Being from the old green file cabinet era, I'm not the most computer savvy.  ...

LANDESK Didn't Install It
Oct 08, 2014

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that this whole issue came around about a year ago, telling us we must install it, and upon looking into it, it was my impression that it would allow MM to track everywhere we go on our computers, so I didn't install it.  I asked for a company computer, and the matter was eventually dropped until now.  I don't know what to do.  ...

Any One Else Have Issues With IT Being Late For Install?
Oct 31, 2014

I was supposed to have an appointment with IT for an install at 5:30.  It is now about 10 of 6 and still no call.  Anyone else have a similar experience? ...

To Those That Had Install On This Past Friday...
Nov 03, 2014

Has training gotten in touch with you yet?  Thanks! ...

Install Foot Pedal For Ichart
Jun 02, 2011

Hi. I've just started working with ichart. I have a 9-pin foot pedal that works great with Express Scribe, but I just can't seem to connect it to TransNet. In the Options on Express Scribe, I enabled it easily, but TransNet doesn't seem to have any controller options on its menu. I've called Tech Support at the Nuance/TransNet/iChart company, and they do not know how to connect it. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance. ...

Major Snafu With DQS7 Install
May 18, 2012

Back from vacation.  Logged into the new 7 version - would not work.  Tried a few times.  Called Support.  1-1/2 hours - no luck - they will contact Advanced Support.  Will try again tomorrow.  They estimate it will take 2-3 hours to fix it. Meanwhile CCM instructed to do straight typing on version 6.  Like heaven - the old days. Anyone else have this experience ?  TIA !  TGIF !    ...

Emdat Platform Install Question...
Aug 30, 2014

Do you know if IE 10 is compatible to install Emdat?   Feedback please if I need to remove and downgrade IE to 9.  I have IE 10 and download would not complete.  Thanks. ...

Vista Conversion
Nov 01, 2009

Hello!  I have an Acer desktop that is a vista.  My old computer was an XP, and I still have the hard drive that I removed from it before I gave it away.  Is it possible that I can remove the Vista hard drive from my present computer and replace it with the XP hard drive from my previous computer?  (I don't remember the name of my previous computer).  Thanks! ...

ANY COMPANIES USE VISTA
Nov 09, 2009

Any companies use Vista.  Thank you ...

Vista And EMDAT...
Dec 09, 2009

For those that use Vista and EMDAT/Inscribe, have you had problems downloading and using the platform?  If so, what issues did you encounter?  Thanks!! ...

Can Vista And EMDAT Be Used Together? Are There Any
Dec 09, 2009

nm ...

Has Anyone Tried DQS With Vista Or Windows 7?
Jan 02, 2010

I need a new computer & would rather not have to buy a refurbished or special order from Dell just to get XP, so I'm wondering if anyone's been able to try the new Windows 7 or even Vista, though I'd prefer Windows 7 I think.  TIA!!! ...

Question About Vista
Jul 11, 2010

I just got a new computer with Vista and can't get DQscribe to download.  Is Vista compatable with DQscribe?  Thanks! ...

MModal's DQS 7.1 And Vista
Oct 05, 2012

Hey MModal MT's, Do any of you guys work on Vista in the new DQS 7.1?   I have a company-issued computer, but my laptop runs on Vista.  Just wondering is DQS 7.1 will run okay with Vista.   ...

Anyone Using VIsta For Fluency 7.4??
Oct 13, 2014

Need  to use my laptop for work this week - - Vista.   I know they say it's incompatible, but in the past I've been able to work when they said that as well.  Just wondering if anyone is currently working on Fluency 7.4 on Vista.  Thanks! ...

Loading DocQscribe On Vista
Oct 20, 2009

Can someone please instruct me on how to load DQS on Vista?  Thanks! ...

Is DocQScribe Compatible With Vista? Nm
Feb 20, 2010

xxx ...

Escription, Using Vista, Cannot Minimize
Nov 23, 2012

Have a new system and for whatever reason cannot get things to minimize to the usual place, the bar at the bottom of the page (I give up, what do you call it?).  If I bring Google up and want to minimize that and keep, cannot do because if I go back to Google the same material still there.  Used to be with my other XP could minimize all the way across the page and this time not. Any ideas as to how to correct this? TIA ...

Line Counter Compatible With Vista
Oct 25, 2009

does anyone know of a line counter that is compatible with Vista?     ...