A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

LANDESK didn't install it - me too

Posted: Oct 08, 2014

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that this whole issue came around about a year ago, telling us we must install it, and upon looking into it, it was my impression that it would allow MM to track everywhere we go on our computers, so I didn't install it.  I asked for a company computer, and the matter was eventually dropped until now.  I don't know what to do. 

What - CONFUSED

[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldn't you like that job? Sitting around and watching where people are going on the computer?

That was my impression too about installing it. Big brother.

It has to be installed before end of business tomorrow.

or what happens? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this your personal computer??

that was my thought, they need to send me a - computer.

[ In Reply To ..]
this is my personal computer, has anyone else put it on Their computer?
Mine is a company computer - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am afraid that I have no alternative but to comply with their request. I don't like it but recourse do I have? All the more reason to keep looking at my options.
Who do I email about this? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Not putting it on my personal computer..
You TSM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
My e-mail came from my TSM stating I would be getting notification. Then, 10 minutes later got an e-mail from corporate, to be specific, stating it must be done before end of business tomorrow, Thursday. Hope this helps.
OOPS - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Meant to say your TSM.

What happens... - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
it is my personal computer. I don't want it on my computer. I wonder too what they'll do if I don't comply - fire me? They might.
Don't know but - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
it mentions incorporation of computer and mobile devices,,Im not putting it on there,,,if they send me a computer I will be more than happy to comply where my personal banking information will be nowhere near it
Ditto...I'm NOT putting it on my personal computer - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They can send me a computer with it loaded and I'll use that for work purposes. As long as I use MY computer, I'm NOT installing that.

I just put it on my personal computer - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Immediately it fired up my drives and started scanning them. I don't have anything to hide on here and have a separate user installed for work, but if they decide to use anything that I do on this computer on my own time, they can expect a lawsuit.

That is SO Scary!!! - chillywinter

[ In Reply To ..]
Hopefully, you do not have any credit card numbers saved, passwords, banking info on your computer. As a victim of identity theft, this totally freaks me out!

If it's simply for tech support, why can't we simply download it at the - point we ever need it. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Recently terminated from MM - There are ways

[ In Reply To ..]
to get around Landesk. They do collect
private info and track your browser. They then use this information against you, and also distribute to other companies. BEWARE!!!!!!

Can you say fraud?

Curoius - iamt

[ In Reply To ..]
How do you know they are tracking your private info? How do you know they are using information against you? What companies are they distributing your name/info to?

I dont know anything - but

[ In Reply To ..]
I know that if it is scanning our computers, its not going on my personal computer where my banking info and personal is. I have a big enough problem with medical records going outside the country. ID theft is on the rise, we continue to have IT and customer service departments run out of country..At what point, since they know EVERYTHING about almost everyone, do they say, gottcha and start using it against us...Paranoid, yup. Look at all the things happening in this country and around the world. Im not handing it over on a platter, they are going to have to work for it at least a little.

sounds very sinister nm - cherylsue

[ In Reply To ..]

I believe. - TGIG

[ In Reply To ..]
Landesk is a tracking you.

This is what the software does.

LANDESK extended device discovery is passive technology that detects network-connected devices in real-time, even if they̢۪re behind a firewall. LANDESK also uses active discovery technologies including SNMP management, ping sweeps, and more.

It allows tracking of devices in their network (your computer).

I wonder what if one were to download it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
on an old backup computer not being used very often... Would they show that it was downloaded & drop the matter?

Similar Messages:

I Didn't Get The Landesk Email...
Oct 09, 2014

I'm in the SE region, so I guess it's a regional matter?  ...

Has Anybody Refused To Use Landesk? I Don't Want To
May 24, 2013

The email I got said something about it being company policy to allow them maintain my computer but I've never seen that. I don't want them being able to access my computer whenever they want and install/remove stuff.  I used to have one computer just for work but it died so I've been having to use my personal one until I can save up enough (on these meager wages) to buy a new one. I just wondered if anybody refused to install it and if so, how well that went over. ...

E-mail Regarding LANDESK
Oct 08, 2014

Got e-mail stating that this will need to be downloaded on my computer.  Anybody familiar with this?  What is the purpose of it? ...

LANDESK Deadline
Oct 08, 2014

Just got e-mail from corporate.  Deadline is now Oct 16 and not tomorrow.  What's going on now? ...

LANDesk Installation
Oct 09, 2014

Did anyone besides myself have an issue with the ihnstallation? I was able to get into Inner Circle without a problem; however, the screen shot sent looks nothing like what I was looking at after logging in. All I had was a long list and upon clicking on any of them, not one thing happened. Hovering over Resources did not do a thing, clicking on any of the tabs did not do a thing.  What a pain. Why tell us to contact supervisor if any issues; they're not techs, they don't know wha ...

Landesk Is Tracking You
Oct 09, 2014

Landesk is a tracking you. This is what the software does. LANDESK extended device discovery is passive technology that detects network-connected devices in real-time, even if they’re behind a firewall. LANDESK also uses active discovery technologies including SNMP management, ping sweeps, and more. It allows tracking of devices in their network (your computer). ...

6.1 Install
Sep 07, 2010

I can't even get 6.1 installed correctly.  I attempted to download, got an error message to call support which I did.  Support called me back rather promptly.  The tech worked on my machine for 30 minutes cause he couldn't get it to download either.  He then pronounced it ready to go.  However, when I attempted to login I received another error message that said the program had to close and I can't login and have been waiting for support to call since 9:15 ...

Anyone Download That LANDesk That They Want Installed?
Jun 13, 2013

Anyone download that LANDesk that they want installed?  I installed it, but when I double click the icon a message pops up saying something about application control and it will not open.  How stupid is that?  Any ideas or help or should I forget about it, which is my preference.  ...

Has Anyone Refused To Put LANDesk On Their Personal PC & What
Oct 11, 2014

x ...

LANDesk Deadline Has Passed
Oct 17, 2014

The LANDesk deadline has passed.  Has anyone NOT downloaded it?     ...

So What Ever Happened With The LanDesk Thing
Oct 26, 2014

I politely refused to use it on my personal computer and was told I would be sent a company computer..nothing yet ...

Kaspersky LANDesk License About To Expire - Anyone Else?
Feb 22, 2015

x ...

Is There Any Way I Can Install Office 2003 On
Mar 04, 2010

heard that Office 7 is difficult to work with.  I have to learn BeyondTx at the same time, and I don't want to be overwhelmed with all of this.  I have never used any office programs for work.  Thanks for any help.       ...

Do I Have To Install Benchmark On My Computer?
Mar 28, 2010

I know we have to install and whatever, and there are all of these steps, and I really do not want anything else on this old MQ computer to slow it down more.  I am pretty content with the sites I go to and really don't want to learn another program.  Besides, I do think that they will start charging us after January and I certainly am not paying for something when I can get answers free.  This is just one more thing to do and we probably won't even make it through the y ...

VMWare Question. If You Install This On
Jun 07, 2011

your Win7, 64-bit computer to run DQS, if you enter your COA from your old computer's WinXP, will it cause you to not be able to use your old computer's WinXP anymore?  I'm assuming you're only supposed to use the Win XP COA on one computer, or does it not matter on the VMWare? ...

Question Regarding Install DocQScribe
Jan 16, 2012

Since starting work for Medquist last year, I've used the company computer which had DocQScribe already installed, but now I want to work from my own computer and send their equipment back.  Can anyone tell me how to install DocQScribe onto my computer?  Being from the old green file cabinet era, I'm not the most computer savvy.  ...

Any One Else Have Issues With IT Being Late For Install?
Oct 31, 2014

I was supposed to have an appointment with IT for an install at 5:30.  It is now about 10 of 6 and still no call.  Anyone else have a similar experience? ...

To Those That Had Install On This Past Friday...
Nov 03, 2014

Has training gotten in touch with you yet?  Thanks! ...

How To Properly Install GearPlayer 4 On Vista?
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone know how to properly install GearPlayer 4 on Vista?  I cannot get it right.  I am also using the Emdat Inscribe.  Thanks ...

Install Foot Pedal For Ichart
Jun 02, 2011

Hi. I've just started working with ichart. I have a 9-pin foot pedal that works great with Express Scribe, but I just can't seem to connect it to TransNet. In the Options on Express Scribe, I enabled it easily, but TransNet doesn't seem to have any controller options on its menu. I've called Tech Support at the Nuance/TransNet/iChart company, and they do not know how to connect it. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance. ...

Major Snafu With DQS7 Install
May 18, 2012

Back from vacation.  Logged into the new 7 version - would not work.  Tried a few times.  Called Support.  1-1/2 hours - no luck - they will contact Advanced Support.  Will try again tomorrow.  They estimate it will take 2-3 hours to fix it. Meanwhile CCM instructed to do straight typing on version 6.  Like heaven - the old days. Anyone else have this experience ?  TIA !  TGIF !    ...

Emdat Platform Install Question...
Aug 30, 2014

Do you know if IE 10 is compatible to install Emdat?   Feedback please if I need to remove and downgrade IE to 9.  I have IE 10 and download would not complete.  Thanks. ...

You Know You Didn't Get The Job When....
Mar 08, 2012

the HR person interviewing you via phone keeps reminding you he has a lot more interviews to conduct the questions you e-mailed (and were encouraged to e-mail) to the HR person go unanswered the HR person says they will decide by Monday and then later states Wednesday, and then later states another date just my experience of late that I thought I would share   ...

Well I Didn't Think Too Much Of That
Dec 03, 2013

One space to fill in what you'd like to change about the "culture" and if you wanted to go back and add anything well too bad!  I wish I had realized there was only that one place to enter comments.  I thought there would be something more like what do you not like about your job? etc.  ...

THEY DIDN'T PAY ME FOR MY LINES!
Oct 10, 2010

I want to SCREAM! Not only did I not get my PTO, they didn't pay me for my LINES!!!!!! WHO is working in payroll at this company, huh?????? ...

I Didn't Quit.
Feb 21, 2011

Well, I didn't quit. I talked it out with one of the other transcriptionists. It was an extremely busy day, especially for a holiday. I work on two hospital accounts. Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. I'm gonna hang in a while longer. ...

Why Didn't I Get Hired?
Aug 27, 2012

I have been a MT for 30 yrs. I had to stop working 4 yrs ago due to health issues, then finally had 2 surgeries which pretty much took care of the problem. While I was out on disability I got a grant, went back to an AHDI approved University and took refresher courses in MT fulltime for a year. Now, I'm ready to get back to work. I submitted a resume to M-Modal last week and just read they are not considering me. Is there a way to find out why? I'm a good transcriptionist and I want to ...

I Really Am Glad I Didn't
Jan 19, 2013

back in the day, I took the course at the junior college.  The cost was negligible.  I'd be really upset if I spent what these schools charge, only to get a job that pays minimum wage. ...

I Didn't Apply....(sm)
May 13, 2013

I'll tell you how certain I am that there is NO future in medical transcription... anywyere:  Last week a "good" MT job, onsite in a medical clinic, a short drive from where I live, was advertised.  I didn't apply.  I work for a big national.  I make so little money, I have to raid my savings every month to pay my rent.  I've been seeking & applying for MT jobs all over the area, some as far as 80 miles away, and either not hearing back, or being tol ...

If You Didn't Add All These New Accounts
Jan 15, 2014

and not train me on them, I may not have failed my audit...I really don't care, fire me..Not gonna sweat it, not going to change a single thing I do during the day. End of story, done!!! ...