A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To those that had install on this past Friday... - anon

Posted: Nov 03, 2014

Has training gotten in touch with you yet?  Thanks!

if you were smart you would cut your losses now - and run.

[ In Reply To ..]
Forget the training and don't look back.

Similar Messages:

6.1 Install
Sep 07, 2010

I can't even get 6.1 installed correctly.  I attempted to download, got an error message to call support which I did.  Support called me back rather promptly.  The tech worked on my machine for 30 minutes cause he couldn't get it to download either.  He then pronounced it ready to go.  However, when I attempted to login I received another error message that said the program had to close and I can't login and have been waiting for support to call since 9:15 ...

Is There Any Way I Can Install Office 2003 On
Mar 04, 2010

heard that Office 7 is difficult to work with.  I have to learn BeyondTx at the same time, and I don't want to be overwhelmed with all of this.  I have never used any office programs for work.  Thanks for any help.       ...

Do I Have To Install Benchmark On My Computer?
Mar 28, 2010

I know we have to install and whatever, and there are all of these steps, and I really do not want anything else on this old MQ computer to slow it down more.  I am pretty content with the sites I go to and really don't want to learn another program.  Besides, I do think that they will start charging us after January and I certainly am not paying for something when I can get answers free.  This is just one more thing to do and we probably won't even make it through the y ...

VMWare Question. If You Install This On
Jun 07, 2011

your Win7, 64-bit computer to run DQS, if you enter your COA from your old computer's WinXP, will it cause you to not be able to use your old computer's WinXP anymore?  I'm assuming you're only supposed to use the Win XP COA on one computer, or does it not matter on the VMWare? ...

Question Regarding Install DocQScribe
Jan 16, 2012

Since starting work for Medquist last year, I've used the company computer which had DocQScribe already installed, but now I want to work from my own computer and send their equipment back.  Can anyone tell me how to install DocQScribe onto my computer?  Being from the old green file cabinet era, I'm not the most computer savvy.  ...

LANDESK Didn't Install It
Oct 08, 2014

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that this whole issue came around about a year ago, telling us we must install it, and upon looking into it, it was my impression that it would allow MM to track everywhere we go on our computers, so I didn't install it.  I asked for a company computer, and the matter was eventually dropped until now.  I don't know what to do.  ...

Any One Else Have Issues With IT Being Late For Install?
Oct 31, 2014

I was supposed to have an appointment with IT for an install at 5:30.  It is now about 10 of 6 and still no call.  Anyone else have a similar experience? ...

How To Properly Install GearPlayer 4 On Vista?
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone know how to properly install GearPlayer 4 on Vista?  I cannot get it right.  I am also using the Emdat Inscribe.  Thanks ...

Install Foot Pedal For Ichart
Jun 02, 2011

Hi. I've just started working with ichart. I have a 9-pin foot pedal that works great with Express Scribe, but I just can't seem to connect it to TransNet. In the Options on Express Scribe, I enabled it easily, but TransNet doesn't seem to have any controller options on its menu. I've called Tech Support at the Nuance/TransNet/iChart company, and they do not know how to connect it. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance. ...

Major Snafu With DQS7 Install
May 18, 2012

Back from vacation.  Logged into the new 7 version - would not work.  Tried a few times.  Called Support.  1-1/2 hours - no luck - they will contact Advanced Support.  Will try again tomorrow.  They estimate it will take 2-3 hours to fix it. Meanwhile CCM instructed to do straight typing on version 6.  Like heaven - the old days. Anyone else have this experience ?  TIA !  TGIF !    ...

Emdat Platform Install Question...
Aug 30, 2014

Do you know if IE 10 is compatible to install Emdat?   Feedback please if I need to remove and downgrade IE to 9.  I have IE 10 and download would not complete.  Thanks. ...

I So Very Much With It Was Friday!!
Jul 14, 2011

I have had so much work this week I felt like my head was spinning from one account to the next, to the next platform and back, and then to the next platform and next acount, and all over again.  I've been working on a couple new ESL's and I literally wanted to put my head down at some points and just cry.  Listening to their rolling tongue and 100-mile-per-hour speech over and over again trying to understand what they were saying.  It was making me nuts!!  I'm ...

Last Day Was Friday
Dec 01, 2013

Best early Christmas present I could have ever given myself!  Now I can't say for sure that the new company I signed on with as an IC is going to be any better, but a girl can dream, can't she?  At any rate, it will be different and will hopefully give me a more flexible schedule so that I can work on that totally new career of upscale cat furniture.  I have not finished my prototype yet as hubby may be getting a new job too and we might be moving for this new job.  ...

This Happens Nearly Every Friday...
Dec 05, 2014

Has anyone elsed noticed that ASR sometimes "takes a break" on Fridays??? I was doing pretty good with my line count for the week, hoping to make a decent bonus tier for this last week before the new pay plan rolls out. Then, BOOM... nearly all reports are straight transcription this morning. Long op notes that I usually edit this time each day (and can get a very good LPH) I now have to type out. Bye bye bonus. ...

Friday, Oh Friday
May 22, 2015

Friday - Is It My Imagination?
Aug 13, 2010

On Friday, all my coworkers seem to take off early.  I thought Friday was a work day.  LOL. ...

Got An Interview Friday!
Oct 19, 2010

Please everyone cross your fingers and toes!!  I tweaked my resume and I've been getting some interest from potential employers and have an interview for this Friday for a medical records clerk for the prosecutor's office.  I'm so hoping this is the one, but I won't be crushed if it's not.  I've had so many disappointments in my new job search over the past year, I'm getting used to it. I'll let you all know how it goes!!     ...

Payday Is Now Every Other Friday
Nov 23, 2010

x ...

Is The Q Paying Every Other Friday Now?
Dec 27, 2011

It used to be twice a month so I'm wondering if the every other Friday is true?  TIA ...

It Must Be Friday--there's Actually Work--nm
Feb 15, 2013

Friday Morning, Once Again Nja
Apr 19, 2013

My paycheck today was a whopping $40.00.  Nja again today.  ...

Quit On Friday
Nov 28, 2014

And it feels great! Wrote my supervisors an email that I was quitting and said all the things I have wanted to say for so long but didn't dare, then proceeded to delete all their software from my computer, including email, and will never look back. Cashing in a pension plan from a previous job that will carry me through until June when I am 62 and can retire. Done with this thankless job!!! ...

Email On Friday
Mar 29, 2015

Did any one get an email on Friday that was a zip file and could not open it?  I have tried on 3 different computers and could not open on any of them (different operating systems and versions).  the last one said a threat was detected; however, when I check the sender it does come from Nuance.  Just wondering if anyone else got it and had problems or was able to open it.  If you could open it, did I miss anything important or that I might need to know?  Thanks!1 ...

Doctor Going From Tapes To Wave Files--what Software Is Easy To Install, Easy To Use And Inexpensive
Apr 29, 2010

Do I have to buy the dictation equipment or the doctor?  Can I use the software with moer than one client?  We are moving and this is key to keeping my job.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks so much in advance for all help! ...

Nuance Takes "ownership" Of Computer After Software Install
Aug 23, 2014

How is this legal? They don't own the computer. they don't provide equipment. What right do they have to screw up the computer so you can't print or do stuff of your machine that you own? ...

No Jobs - Great Friday.
Oct 01, 2010

I got up and showered just to SIT HERE.  This is so infuriating.  My accounts used to always have work.  I felt sympathy for everyone griping about NJA, but I just laid low and was thankful that I hardly ever had NJA.  Now it is almost every day.  Where did all that work go?  ...

Another Friday Night Of Having To Shut Down
Nov 26, 2010

While that stupid background virus scan is working on all workstations!!! Can the management people who work behind the scene not get it through their heads that this interrupts everything?? Geeze. My computer locks up every single time this thing runs and it always runs every Friday night. They must be using some updated Java thing with the program because that is what locks me up. My computer has an older Java version that they are using and right in the middle of running their scan, Java mess ...

Such A Bad Day Friday I Cried Through A Lot Of My Shift.
Apr 25, 2011

Was fine over the weekend, but found myself all morning typing for less familiar facilities and wading through a technical procedure from a doctor who doesn't remotely speak the English language, and once again I could hardly see to type for the tears.  I just don't think a job should make you suicidal every work day.  ...

Happy Friday In The North, NOT
Sep 09, 2011

Well here we go again with NJA to me in the North Region.  Looks like another long and soggy weekend, again.  Tell me again what I should change my hours to . . . do the "others" ever sleep?  Just wondering . . . . ...

What A Wonderful Way To Start A Friday!
Oct 28, 2011

First I find out I am not getting paid for certain lines (which I was NOT told upon my hire), then I find out I am let go with no word as to why.  Hmm, I am most definitely going to be warning people about this place!!! ...