A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ makes the deals with the clients. The MT - doe

Posted: Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't be held responsible for what MQ says.  If MQ doesn't want the responsibility for correct reports, they shouldn't make the deals, instead of making deals and then underpaying MTs and putting all the responsibility on them.  All MQ is after is the money, not the responsibility that goes with making the money.

sounds like my ex... - no responsibility!

[ In Reply To ..]
ha--I crack myself up!

sounds a little worse - oh my

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like Taxi Driver

I dont get it. How does that sound like a Taxi Driver? - so im slow

[ In Reply To ..]
????
Implying that one person gets the money from another person's labor - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

New Deals Worth $22 Billion For The Outsourcing Industry In India?
Jul 06, 2012

I was looking for this post and can't find it anywhere????? ...

For Those With Your Own Clients...
Jul 27, 2011

I am wondering when you started soliciting clients if you already had a platform in place or did you wait to see what the potential clients were already using.  I want to start trying to get my own accounts as there have been a lot of practices open up near me recently, but not sure of the steps to take in the beginning.  I am thinking of using Emdat Inscribe as I am already familar with it, but not sure if that is something I need to set up first or is that a waste if the cl ...

? For MTs With Their Own Clients
Sep 22, 2013

Just wondering, for those MTs who do now or in the past have had their own clients...if you had dictators whose dictation style was extremely fast, haphazard or overall just terrible to understand, would you ever contact them and ask that they slow down or clean it up a little? Am curious if you felt you had a right to request decent dictations to work with when you were your own boss. ...

Finding Own Clients PLEASE HELP
Oct 21, 2009

Hi Everyone, Right now the company I work for hardly has any work.  I am thinking about sending out a letter to local clinics and also maybe putting out an ad on craigslist for transcription work.  Have you tried this?  I have questions:   What things do I have to consider? How do I charge people (I know I can do line count in INstantText and figure out line count and cost)-is 10 CPL a good place to start?  Are there other costs I need to factor in?  How about tax ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Do You Think The Providers/clients Know?
May 17, 2011

I mean, I'm an IC, or whatever I'm called now since I'm doing VR.....there has been talk around the company that perhaps the providers don't even know their documents have been moved to VR.  In reality, I think that this might ring true!  Some of us have quit for ethical reasons, and I can say for certain my VR isn't getting any better with the ahhs and ands and everything else that seems to be in the dication that shouldn't be.  After all, the VR doe ...

Wanting To Get My Own Clients
Jan 08, 2012

I am wanting to start getting my own clients again (haven't done that since I picked up and delivered, printed, etc.!!!) but know nothing about the dictation portion of it.  How do you get an FTP site?  Where do you go to get the dictation set up and be able to transcribe it?  What other things do I need to do for that?  Help!  Thank you all :) ...

He Should Tell Those Happy Clients How Much They Pay Us.
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Wanting My Own Clients
May 17, 2015

I am wanting to start my own MTSO and have my own clients.  I need someone who has done this already to be sort of a mentor for me.  If all you are going to say is "dont do it" or "it really sucks" or other stuff like that, please save it.  I just need advice on how to get started, who makes the decisions in clinics and offices, and so on...     Thanks in advance... MTdude ...

MTSO Rates For Clients
Oct 30, 2010

Anyone have an idea of what MTSO client rates run?  I'm thinking 18-22 cpl for acute care (depending on TAT) and 16-20 cents for clinic (depending on TAT).  Do you think these rates are totally outrageous or about in the ballpark?  ...

Recent Calls From Clients, Etc.
Jul 26, 2012

This post is in regard to posts I have seen lately on this board regarding dictators. They actually do care or must feel they need to address situations that I bring to their attention. A call regarding flags from the physician himself. He is realizing how much time I am spending locating certain info not dictated. He tells me officially that the facility is to handle that now so as not to take up my time. A call from a dictator today, stating as he made so many errors and redictations on the ...

How Much Are MTSO's Charging Their Clients
Oct 30, 2012

Just how much profit are they making.  I have no clue, 17 years ago it was 14-cents a line for a 50 character line.  Or maybe somebody can give me a site where I can look it up myself.  Thanks ...

I'm Preparing A Brochure To Try To Get My Own Clients..
Nov 28, 2012

This is the first time I've done this, and I'd like to offer a free trial. However, I can't do too much as I'm still working for an MTSO. Any suggestions on what would be a reasonable amount of work to do for free?  Not sure if I should say something like maximum 10 letters, or maybe 1, 2, 3, days average work. I think the trial would be of mutual benefit.  I'd get an idea of how difficult their work is and they could see the quality of my work.  Would ...

Advice About Seeking New Clients
Mar 18, 2013

I am looking for info regarding how MTSOs out there obtained their clients. Are there any websites that advertise vendors or is general marketing strategies the best way to go? I am starting out on my own and just wanted to ask a little advice. Thank you! ...

What Software Do I Need In Order To Get A Few Clients Of My Own?
Jun 20, 2013

I was just wondering if I wanted to acquire a few clients on my own, what type of software do I need besides something like Express Scribe?  Those of you who have your own accounts, what do you use?   Thank you :) ...

CLOUD DICTATION Anyone Using This For Clients
Apr 26, 2015

Hello   I was looking into using this Cloud Dictation system because it seems to mirror the Digital Dictate/Digital Delegate system commands so not a big change for the clients.  Has anyone here been using this?  The last posts I could find were from 2013 so just wondering.  If not this system, any other system working?  I have the older Digital Dictate system from NCH but can't seem to get ANY HELP OR QUESTIONS ANSWERED from them on to upgrade or not to upgrade. ...

My Clients Want To Switch From Tapes To Digital Sm
Oct 19, 2009

My two docs, whom I have typed for 6 years, are considering going to digital dictation from tapes. I told them I would look into it and need some advice. I can't seem to find how to search the archives on this new board...can some of you offer me some names of transcription platforms that I can check out? I would be most appreciative.... ...

Having A Hard Time Finding Clients
Apr 02, 2010

I have been a MT for three years.  I have been working for somebody else and have recently decided to start up my own business.  I have sent out over 200 letters/business cards to area doctors and thought for sure it would produce a better return.  I was just wondering if anybody has any advice.  I'm trying not to get discouraged and I just keep plugging along but I'm open to any and all thoughts.  Thanks in advance! ...

Best Point Of Contact (needing Clients)
Oct 24, 2010

I am in the process of starting up a transcription company.  Just want to start off with enough to keep a couple of transcriptionists busy at first.  Going to be contacting clinics and rural hospitals and possibly offer to do overflow for larger facilities.  Who would you contact...the CEO, HIM manager, MR supervisor?  I am at a loss as to who is the best point of contact.  Also, do you think one would do better to send out business cards and introduction letters/pamphle ...

Did MQ Lose Clients/Hospitals Across The Board?
Nov 02, 2010

I really would like to know the answer to this and wonder how to find out the true answer.  Some (all?) of the hospitals are very demand and critical, so its impossible to believe they want their work to go to India.  MQ is screwing up royally with their software for the MT's so I can imagine it is just as bad for the hospitals.  My question is why is there and why has there been so little work throught the entire US? ...

Cold Contacting Potential Clients
May 31, 2011

Anyone have any helpful suggestions on cold contacting potential clients. Better by email, mail, fax or phone? Which would be thought of as the most professional? ...

Problem In Seeking Own Clients. Ideas?
Jan 30, 2013

So I've started pounding pavement..but switched to calling first to ask if I may bring my business card and a flyer outlining my services to them.  Here's why: Besides the percentage that only use EMR, the others fall under a huge umbrella of healthcare chains, and these chains outsource their MTs. Out of about 30 so far, I found ONE chiropractor who was independent and took my info saying they may need an MT soon, and one other who said he's had the same MT for 30+ years (lu ...

How Much Do Nationals Charge Their Clients Per Line?
Jun 23, 2013

I'm curious to know what these nationals charge their clients for transcription if anyone here knows.  I know some of them go through bidding.  Thanks! ...

Do The Clients Even Have A Clue How Badly They Have Been Ripped Off By ASR?
Aug 14, 2013

Or do they think they can continue to put garbage in and get back a perfect report by the magic of this "wonderful technology."  Do they even know what type of trash it is producing??The first thing these developers did to rip off the health care providers was to tell them that they could simply dictate and it automatically would become patient record with no transcriptionist involved.  We knew that 99% of doctors would never change their style to meet the requirements to dictate accur ...

Now They Complain Blanks Are Going To Clients? They Really Are Determined NOT To Pay Us For Our Wor
Dec 30, 2014

Now it seems that Nuance is complaining that too many blanks are going to the clients and not to QA.  Wth did they expect? What do they think is going to happen now that they have complained about this?  Do they think that MTs are going to sacrfice what little money they currently make with Nuance and send more to QA or do they think that MTs will simply give it their best guess and move on? Unbefriggenlievable.   ...

Are There Any Hospital Clients That Actually Care About The MTs That Type Their Reports?
Apr 07, 2010

The hospital (client) of the company I type for, just updated their system.  This was a so-called big deal.  I was excited because they use a program that I know has potential to make a lot more shortcuts and less mouse use available for the MTs, that they did not utilized, but today, I started typing on the "new updated" version just to find there are more fields I have to fill in on the patient profile screen, there is more mouse use, and more looking up, and going out of the program ...

Best Clients Ever. He Just Redictated A Cell Phone Dictation
Apr 02, 2012

I have the nicest clients ever. After contacting office staff that the physician's dictation was problematic due to the cell phone used, the physician redictated this on a landline. Wow! Nicest ever! I thought I was going to be up all night deciphering this, as this particular cell phone recorded extremely bad. He did not even wait for the prior to come in with potential blanks but redictated it. This is the same client I have that reinstalled their landline after installing a VOiP system t ...

30% Nuance Clients Refuse Offshore Transcription
May 17, 2015

and the other 70% are in for a very rude awakening. ...

MTSO Claimin To Have US MT's But Only Charges Clients 6 Cents Per Line
Dec 10, 2009

Has anyone heard of a company called North American Transcription Company.  They claim to have all US MT's but they only charge clients 6 cents per line.  How is this possible? ...