A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

worried - if fired from nuance, unemployment? - curly

Posted: Jul 30, 2013

if i'm fired from nuance, can i collect unemployment benefits in pennsylvania? i'm 50, never been on unemployment or anything else like it in my life, and i don't know what the rules are. i HAVE known people who have been on unemployment even after being fired - INCLUDING someone who literally was fired from THREE different jobs in the past dozen years - and has been on unemployment every single time - AND has also been on workers comp twice! i'm just wondering - if i don't keep up my lph, etc., and nuance fires me, can i collect unemployment in pennsylvania? any help would be appreciated - thanks!!

yes. you can - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

can anyone give me any info? - curly

[ In Reply To ..]
any info out there from anyone who had this happen - fired for lph, qc, etc. - and did receive unemployment? i'm curious. thank you!

Unemployment - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are fired because you COULD NOT perform a job, you can get unemployment. If you were unable to meet your lph, that would qualify and yes you would get it. If you were unable to learn the platform, made mistakes and got fired, you would qualify for unemployment. You wouldn't get it if you were fired for not showing up for work or things such as that.
thanks - i'm just wondering - curly
[ In Reply To ..]
if anyone out there can expand on this with their own experiences w/being fired from nuance. don't mean to get too personal, but then this is just a forum and no one knows who you are. thank you!
my experience with Nuance - old and worn out
[ In Reply To ..]
I too was fired from Nuance because I could not meet their lph requirements. I was born with cerebral palsy and I have an extremely hard time using the keyboard commands due to the spasticity I have on the right side of my body. I kept getting yelled and and screamed at about production and I told them that I was having problems because of my being disabled. They basically didn't give a rat's behind. I also ended up being evicted from my apartment. I did end up collecting UE from them, as well as from another company because of the fact that we had lost the contract (I never filed on that one, because I had found another job almost immediately). I filed in Florida and had a one-week waiting period, but my benefits were approved, as well as the extensions that I received. I basically applied for online jobs, and even later, just used the same contacts that I had used previously. Your UE is based on a percentage of your earnings and every state is different in the amount, etc.

NUANCE firing & unemployment - MunchkinsMommy

[ In Reply To ..]
I am facing the same issue - poor quality scores - therefore next week is my next teleconference in which I am pretty positive they will terminate me. I was a contract employee for several years with OSI and then went to PT and was converted due to merger to Nuance. I have been an employee now for 5+ years. Curious about the ability to draw compensation and worried about my job.

Similar Messages:

I Was Fired And Now My Former Employer Is Fighting My Unemployment!
Apr 30, 2012

I worked at home as an employee for a local hospital for the last 4 years.  Always worked my shift and averaged at least the minimum productivity requirement.  According to the employee handbook ALL hospital employees get two paid 15 minute breaks and one unpaid 30-minute lunch.  One evening while I was working, I took one of my 15-minute breaks and ran to pick my daughter up from school.  I was gone literally 5 minutes as the school is like one block from my house ...

Can We Get Unemployment If Fired For Not Meeting Line Counts?
Nov 17, 2011

I am getting worried.  I just can't get my line count up to 150. I have been an MT for 1 1/2 years only and am really trying.  I am close, but not close enough.  I get so many ESL's and have 5 different accounts to remember all the specifics.  My audits are great, but the line count is not up to 150 (varies from 112 to 120).  My worry is if I get fired for low line count, can I get unemployment (WI)?  Any info will help. ...

Has Anyone Ever Been Fired From Nuance?
Sep 10, 2013

Posting on the main board to get more input.  Seems Nuance MTs live in fear of being fired after all the audits and criticism from TSMs, but has anyone actually been fired? I know MModal fires from previous posts but NOT ONE have I read about Nuance firing anyone.  Seems odd, yes?    ...

Nuance And Unemployment
Oct 29, 2013

Recently fired from Nuance - an account I worked at 10 years before they even existed! Anyway...is there anyone out there that has received unemployment from this joke of a company? ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

How Difficult Is It To Get Unemployment Out Of Nuance?
May 30, 2013

nm ...

Nuance Tells You You Can't Get Unemployment
Jun 12, 2014

Because they lie. The only way you can find out if you are eligible is through your state. Don't believe Nuance. Their insurance premiums go up if you get unemployment, as does any employer's, and that's why they say that as a knee-jerk reflex. Because they lie. Good luck everyone. ...

Check Out The UNEMPLOYMENT Message On The Nuance Board Everyone
May 29, 2012

nm ...

Unemployment And A Few Words Of Advice. Life Without Nuance.
Dec 30, 2012

I filed for unemployment from Nuance "with cause." At first my claim was denied but I recently won my case in the appeal phase. The "just cause" was an over 50% decrease in my income from my previous years with Webmedx, loss of benefits, etc. It was a struggle, but I feel vindicated now. At first my claim was delayed because I listed my employer as Nuance, Inc. I was informed by Unemp that my employer was actually Equity Leasing Finance. My claim was initially denied stating I had quit my job. H ...

Worried...RE: TTS
May 14, 2011

So, maybe I have set myself up to be worried.  I have read so much bad stuff about TTS.  I just started a job there and haven't had any trouble thus far, so I can't vouche for the complaints I have read.  Are there any other current TTS employees out there that enjoy working there?  I have never ran out of work.  I can't speak for getting paid on time yet because my first payday isn't until this weekend. So far, all I can say is good things. They wer ...

I Am Worried!
Sep 06, 2011

I am starting my 3rd month with JLG.  Am concerned about no direct deposit and the postings I saw regarding this company.  I am in DIRE need for benefits and get the feeling that when I am due to receive them, I may not....just a feeling...Anybody? ...

Worried
Jan 26, 2015

It seems like more transcription is being offered for in-house rather than IC at home jobs. Tonight I went online and put 'work at home medical transcription jobs' and after going through all the transcription school ads, I only found 2 companies hiring for at home work, the others were all in an office or hospital setting.  It seems as though the demand for going in-house is getting greater every day.  Because of my blind Schnauzer, I need to be at home for those times when ...

Any Acusis MTs Worried?
Jun 21, 2010

Has any Acusis employee felt some desperation with Acusis lately?  I know that some accounts are really being monitored by the hospitals and they are not happy right now, but some of the things we are having to do are starting to slow down production. It makes me a little concerned for job security. ...

Veteran MT - Worried
May 13, 2011

I have recently returned to the national arena after having a HORRIBLE experience with an in-house transcriptionist position.  I have tested with several companies who used to have a good reputation on this board.  I have been offered 3 positions and I am at a loss as to what to do because it seems that there is not ONE of these companies that has a good reputation anymore. Actually, there is not ONE company on this board that has a good reputation PERIOD.  I understand ever ...

Merger....very Worried!
Aug 22, 2014

Well I was in the West regeon.  The big "merger" of accounts took place on Monday the 18th.  Well...by Wednesday I started to get the "no jobs allocated" message.  I am really hoping this is not going to be a trend.  All of the work must have seriously gone offshore...if not, where is it?  This doesn't look good...  ...

Got This Email & I'm Really Worried
Sep 05, 2014

I got this email from my HDSM yesterday: "As of today, my team has doubled in size.  I have about 155 HDAs/SHDAs now and we have many accounts.   We will have two performance coaches,  BB and RR.  You will contact them based on the accounts they have..." So now, my region (SE) has aside from the accounts we are assigned with my PC, BB (12), have another 32 accounts with the other PC, RR.... ....and yet, somehow with the way things are going with this company, I ...

Is Anyone Worried About All The New People Going Into Coding?
Jun 16, 2010

I have been thinking about getting into coding, but I am starting to worry as it seems there are a ton of people also wanting to go into the same field. Do you think there will be jobs for all of us? ...

ScribeRight DMTs - Anyone Else Worried
Nov 12, 2012

I've been looking for another job, but haven't found one yet. Just wondering if this one is done for good. ...

If Everyone Is So Worried About Endangering Patient Care....
Sep 23, 2010

or a patient dying because of mistakes made in dictation/transcription, then why in the world is it acceptable for any dictator, be it MD, PA, NP, etc. to get on the phone to dictate half asleep, eating, or even probably drunk and get so confused themselves that there is no way you can understand what they are trying to say.  When this happens REPEATEDLY, this person is called a "difficult dictator."  However, if you make a mistake on their transcript or send it to QA, you are the ...

Very Worried About Gulf Coast Transcription
Jul 06, 2013

They have terminated some office/administrative people and now have eliminated weekend incentives and given pay CUTS to transcriptionists.  Work is nearly non-existent.  At the beginning of the summer they said it was a temporary slow down and would pick up shortly.  Instead it seems to be getting worse.  Anyone know anything?? I really really like this company and hate to see this happening. ...

Worried About Not Making Line Coount
Oct 11, 2013

I i normally always meet my LPH with no problem but this is the second week in a row that I cannot meet it.  I am so low on work on the weekends but just don't have the available time or am so behind just can't seem to get it caught up.  So miserable.  ...

To Everyone So Worried About Paying Back Costs
Mar 11, 2014

if they change your schedule to something you don't like don't work it.  WOrk what you want.  Then if they fire you you can't be forced to pay it back.   ...

Anyone A Little Worried And Frustrated With The Ingenix/Axolotl Merge?
Oct 06, 2010

I have been with this company for a while now and completely loved Ax before this merger happened.  I just wondered if anyone else was feeling really stressed out and out of sorts because of all of the changes taking place?  So many things are up in the air.  Too much stress.  ...

I Was Getting A Little Worried About The Plates On The Tibia Causing Some S/l Recker Vodum.
Oct 16, 2011

TIA! ...

Got Fired From The Q - Ha Ha
Feb 24, 2010

Well, I was officially fired yesterday.  Up until last summer, I was one of their top producers, never having an accuracy problem.  The reason I got fired?  I got sick. Early last summer, I let a UTI go for 10 days (lived off Rx strength OTC Pyridium) until I was severely septic and urinating almost pure blood and clots.  I also had a kidney infection, kidney stones and bladder stones.  Thought it was over.  IIRC, the urinary organism was proteus mirabilis.  I ...

Getting Fired
Apr 01, 2010

Isn't it odd that being fired from MQ isn't a disgrace?  Being fired from any other place would be total humiliation, but I don't think anybody here would ever look down on another MT who was let go.  MQ doesn't discriminate.  They justly fire bad MTs, but they also fire good MTs who are stuck with crummy accounts, accounts that constantly have NJA, and probably a ton of reasons that are beyond our control.  ...

Fired
Apr 28, 2010

I was hired by company initials "P" under the conditions that my computer meet their specifications.  I was told my computer met their specification and then offered employment.  I accepted. Their technicians worked on my computer for 2 weeks straight and installed faulty software, and then I was told my system would not meet their specifications and I needed to have my computer XP deleted and reinstalled or buy a new computer.  I had my computer checked out and was told my c ...

I Don't Really Want To Get Fired From Q
Dec 08, 2010

it really wouldn't be such a bad thing ...

I Was Fired
Jun 14, 2011

I was fired. I started with Medquist in 1998. They fired me in 1997. I was hired and Spheris and became a Medquist employee after they bought Spheris. I was fired again today. I just hope Medquist eventually stabilizes and the employees are happy again. I hope I find something suitable for me. I wish the best for all. It's been one hell of a bumpy and uneven ride. Bon voyage to me!!! ...

Getting Fired??
May 05, 2012

If you have had a written warning on 3/31 and I am going to assume after a failing audit score on 1 report I did, is firing next?? Really can use input regarding this and unemployment, or really anything you can think of? ...