A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow, proud to be a part - sm

Posted: May 29, 2012

of this company right now.  We really pulled together and worked as a team to overcome some tall obstacles that were thought unachievable over the holiday weekend; were given nice incentives and got very nice compliments from the higher-up management. We also received a nice little gift for MT week. 

So while so many are here seemingly unhappy, I just had to say that those attitudes do not reflect all of us in the trenches.  Probably not even most of us.  But we that are satisfied don't often post because of the backlash.   

I also see plenty here about being out of work, but am also seeing emails offering other accounts for those who need one.  Just some food for thought for something considering Transcend/Nuance.

Nuance - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have at times been criticized when positive as well, and I certainly won't do that! I am glad it is working for some at least! In my case, I had 7 accounts, none of which have had work, continual NSA and no offers to transfer or get other accounts with work (3 e-mails so far to AM requesting this over the past month, ALL have been ignored) So, I guess it is like everything, it depends on your account and your supervisor! I do hope it continues to go well for you.

that's a shame. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you will persist on up the chain of command and that things will change for you. Maybe you could request a transfer to CB's region on Transcend side.

Or the Brann Region on transcend side... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
They are in DESPERATE need for 3rd shift on my acct.

wonderful? - wiseoldwoman

[ In Reply To ..]
I see that Transcend is manufacturing what they believe to be good press now.

It saddens me to see that Transcend would stoop to this new low. The MLS's who ran with the ball to get the work done were doing so for the PATIENTS and NOT for MANAGEMENT! During the last conference call with CB, she was rude and disrespectful, to say the least. I am completely amazed that ANYONE in her region (unless it is her) would actually encourage someone to come there!!!!
Wonderful - considering options
[ In Reply To ..]
There are more than one CB. Which one are you referring to?

This was from the transcend side... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
You remember last week when BeyondTXT had a MAJOR crisis with the system being down for most of the week? Well there were 2,000-3,000 jobs out of TAT on the system when they got it back up and running. So they asked everyone to pitch in any extra time they could. They offered a very nice incentive pay to work, not just incentive over what you normally are required to work but incentive on everything you worked, plus more incentive for Memorial Day, so some folks made out very good. I hope they get those new accts they are advertising for so you have WORK.

Paid a little better but not at all what we used to get paid 10 years ago even - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It amazes me what we accept as good pay these days. Where is the time and a half for overtime or holidays? We only get paid a little extra is all.
I wasn't around 10 years ago... - blondie
[ In Reply To ..]
Wish I had been though...I've never known making any money in MT. Been doing it 5 years and haven't made crap. So, I guess that's why I am going back to school and leaving MT. I guess anytime we get anything extra I am so shocked I think it's great. LOL

Go over her head. You ALWAYS have that option! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I get a strong whiff of suit here. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yea I second that. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]

so lame. I am NOT a suit. just a long-time - MT veteran. No msg.

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I read your brochure - er, I mean post again - and the smell got stronger. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No she's not a suit...true - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
This really happened. I know; I work on the Transcend side too.
You don't know who she is, and we don't. - know who you are.
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just tellin' ya what it smells like, that's all.
Shame on you. Try pasting on some phony manners - if real decency is out of reach. I for one
[ In Reply To ..]
am really tired of civil discussion being derailed for spite. Your attacks are unwarranted and are the only bad smell here.

I third that - sue47

[ In Reply To ..]
that first email was almost word for word of a team lead's email after it was all pulled out of the fire. Really obvious.
how about you go fly a kite - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
no matter what any of you nay-sayers say, I am impressed with the way the company handled this crisis, and more so, with the way we all pulled together for the patient, for the client and for the company (yes, even the company). I would bet that most any other company, (having worked for many), would not have got it done as well. As far as pulling this from a team lead's email, you are full of it. The only thing obvious here is your dark attitude.
dark attitude? - sue47
[ In Reply To ..]
I simply stated a fact as I personally had read it. It is not rare to feel loyalty to your clients and company, it used to be that way all the time. Too bad it doesn't go both ways anymore, as the sell-out to Nuance has demonstrated.
Like, gag me. - Bleah
[ In Reply To ..]
What real, live MT is impressed with the way their company handles ANY so-called *crisis*? (ie., 5 reports out of TAT).

Not me, sistas, not me.

Congrats. sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Nice to see something positive. Enjoy your honeymoon period while it lasts. People on my accounts are low on work, running out of work. We were fine for the first few months, as well. My request for additional account has gone unanswered.

Was everyone supposed to get a gift for MT week fro Nuance? - Left out?

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious. I saw on earlier posts that only Transcend MTs did. No biggie, but I (former WMX) did not receive anything. Anyway, I do hope things continue to be good for you. Things are not so great on my side of the company.

By the way, anyone have any idea when the words "suit" and "management" (in response to a positive post) will be retired? Far too overused to be anything but annoying.

Nope...No MT Week gift here either. sm - I Miss the Old Webmedx

[ In Reply To ..]
No big deal for me either. Would prefer a return to my prior line rates over a trinket though.

I got nothing either. - Color me surprised. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

are you kidding me - right now?

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, we cleaned it up alright because they financially incentivized us to do so. And yes, it is a good feeling to have accomplished a Mount Everest of work with a teaspoon but please, did they buy you off completely with a $2 flash drive with the company logo on it? Awww.....

They had her at hello - I got nadda

[ In Reply To ..]
no trinket, no work

They did offer some VERY nice incentives... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
to get the HUGE backlog out. Also got a nice flash drive for MT week. That was a nice gift, something I can use. The incentives I do have to say though were nice.

...and the rest of us got NOTHING - unhappyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Wish it were consistent for all.

Sorry gift was mentioned at all. Discussion is always - 90% complaint with or without. The only gift that

[ In Reply To ..]
would be meaningful and universally welcome would be a change that resulted in increased earnings.

. - .

[ In Reply To ..]

I was proud to be a part of OSi - OSiMT

[ In Reply To ..]
When the company was OSi they sent us a gift for MT week and Christmas. I did not get anything for MT week from Nuance! Nice to see they appreciate ALL their employees!!!

I was proud to be part of WMX - no gifts here either- NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

OSi - Pixie

[ In Reply To ..]
OSi was a very, very good company to work for. Thoughtful gifts a couple of times of year always made me feel appreciated. I think honesty with and compassion for their people in the trenches was their montra. How I miss OSi. It has been truly ruined by the current corporation.

OSI - Noelle

[ In Reply To ..]
I just have to say this. I worked for OSI before I came to Focus/Nuance and I thought it was awful. When I found out that OSI would be a part of Focus/Nuance, I knew it was over for me because they would bring their nastiness with them. I stayed on with Nuance until the first week of May of this year. I worked for Focus/Nuance for 5 years total. OSI was the most disgusting and horrible company ever, even made you lie on your timesheets. That is the truth.
OSi - Pixie
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope people will not be influenced by YOUR unpleasant experience with OSi. I will always feel that OSi far surpassed what we are dealing with now. I, for one, was NEVER asked to lie on my timesheet. I really think that would have been beneath them...and that is the truth!
OSi and coffee cups!! - char
[ In Reply To ..]
I started with OSi in 2006 and really enjoyed the experience of working for them. At that time we were informed of anything that was happening. I still feel warm and fuzzy when I use my OSi coffee cups. I was starting a collection. I wonder who has the most OSi cups.

Similar Messages:

So, Where's All The Proud TTS Cheerleaders, No
Jan 29, 2015

answers?  Several questions on this board about TTS that nobody wants to answer evidently.  1)  New oncology account out of Texas  2)  Account in Memphis still there that starts with a B?  Usually, the cheerleaders have a lot to say, but suddenly silent!  They must be basking in their glory as Nuance and TTS conspire to steal work! ...

Since The First Time Right Went Into Effect, I Am Proud
Mar 05, 2010

to say that none of my reports have been submitted to QA.  I am amazed at how quickly I became multilingual.  Thanks MQ.  ...

I WAS So Proud Of Those Raising Their Voices BUT NOW
Apr 23, 2012

I have edited this message to just let each of you read what was posted and feel proud or disappointed in the responses. ...

CMT Exam - How Many Questions Are Asked In Part I (theory) And Part II
Jul 28, 2010

I am planning to take my CMT exams in a couple of months. A couple of queries - How many questions are asked in part I (theory) and part II (transcription performance)? What is the passing grade? Any information will be helpful. Thanks! ...

RE: "I Really Am Proud Of Those Voicing Support"
Apr 25, 2012

Press Release  Wednesday, April 18, 2012 Note: This revised press release now contains a paragraph about a possible protest by medical transcriptionists, one of the most abused vocations in the industry. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEMAY DAY 2012Contact:Charlie MayDavid Hugheshttp://denvergeneralstrike.org Working people the world over will assert their power this International Workers’ Day, May 1, and Denver will be represented, according to the Denver General Strike Coordinating ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

GOING PART TME
May 11, 2010

Well, after 10 years of working at home for MQ and the company bought out by MQ, and working in-house for many years, I am finally at my "Uncle" stage.  I just turned 62 on March 28.  I applied for SS retirement early and working part time.  It starts in June.  I have just had too much stress in my job, and I am no longer happy doing what I do.  Now I will only HAVE to work 24 hours a week.  I am finally excited about something again.  I can remember the ...

Part-time Job
Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.  I'm about ready to try to get a non-MT part-time and see how that goes.  I've heard about Avon and that it can be done from home on-line now.  I'm wondering if that would supplement my income any better.  The only problem I have is I hate going door-to-do ...

Part Time PTO
Jan 20, 2010

I'm considering dropping to part-time.  I checked out the MQ Central for the specs and it indicates 24 hours/0.03 PTO per 48 hr pay period/1.37 hours for a max of 5 days/40 hours yearly. My CCM said if I happened to work 39 hours in a week, I'd get more PTO accumulated during that time.  She said there are PT folks who get just as much PTO as the FT do.  I didn't see anything like that mentioned in the PTO section on MQ Central.    ...

Wondering Part 2
Feb 09, 2010

What programs( ie Chartscript, extext) are easy to learn so that I can learn some more to use for companies that want these languages exclusively? Erin ...

Just A Word PART II
Sep 12, 2010

Guaranteed  every Pollyanna, well-thought-out, professional-appearing response came from an MTSO suit, most probably all of them (one in the same)....GUARANTEED. MTSO's have turned the medical transcription industry into SLAVE LABOR, across the board, no matter the skill level. ...

To Part-Timers ----
Jan 15, 2011

I just read on MQ Central that as a part-timer you are eligible for "partial" benefits.  I had asked on this board before if part-timers were eligible for health insurance and was told no.  What does "partial" benefits mean exactly?  I'd like to drop to part time but absolutely need to keep health insurance.  Thanks in Advance! ...

New Part-time Job
Jul 21, 2011

I was talking to my CCM last week and she said the facilities just let them know they do not need them anymore, just like that.  They go with their own VR.  I don't trust anyone anymore so I secured a part-tiime job that I start in 2 weeks.  I will not be getting much sleep, but I will have to suck it up.  This is an outside job driving 60 miles a day, but I guess we do what we have to do.  I would think at my age (61) a person would'nt have to work so hard. ...

EMT, Now Part Of MQ Is HIRING-NO THANKS!
Nov 23, 2011

nm ...

Looking For Part-time
Dec 02, 2011

Are there any good companies left out there to work for part-time (20-35 hours) with straight typing and no C-phone?  ...

IC V Employee Part 2
Feb 29, 2012

As noted below in this discussion, it's been pointed out working a schedule does NOT necessarily make you an employee.   If you receive less extensive instructions about  what should be done, but not how it should be  done, you may be an independent contractor.  For instance, instructions about time and place  may be less important than directions on how the  work is performed.  ï‚¢ Training – if the business provi If you receive less ...

Part Time ??
Apr 26, 2012

Does anyone know of any companies that only require 15 hours or so weekly, or a low line count, for part-timers?  I would like to earn some extra money, but have time restraints :( ...

If You Are Part Time
Apr 04, 2013

how can you collect UE? I thought that was only for full timer?? ...

I'm A Part-timer
Apr 04, 2013

and I have not been laid off, however I was not scheduled to work today.  I wonder I will get the call tomorrow, my next scheduled work day? ...

Going Part Time.
Jun 02, 2013

I would like to change status to part time.  Anybody know how to go about doing that or has done that? Through HR or TL?  Anybody know HR's contact information? ...

TTS A Part Of Nuance?
Aug 23, 2013

Does anyone know if TTS is a part of Nuance or in the process of?  Thank you. ...

Part Of The Problem.
Nov 26, 2013

I have been reading the posts on this board for a while now. Most of what I see is "venting." We "vent" about being dinged in an audit for things that were actually incorrect (and occasionally correct). When someone points out that there actually was an error, they are berated by others who cry, "That is not the point!" What is the point exactly? You made an error; it was caught. Make a note, suck it up, and move on. Okay, the error costs more than you think it's worth, but it is still an ...

Any Part Time MTs At TTS Out There?
Jul 15, 2014

If part timers are eligible for 401k ? I heard employers are required to offer it to any employee who works at least 1040 hours per year (which is a 20/hr week). ...

Part Time Help
Oct 13, 2014

Is there anyone looking for part time help for just straight typing anymore?   ...

Part Time Or Prn Work
Nov 17, 2009

Would love some opinion on this.  Is it realistic anymore for an MT to pick up part-time and/or p.r.n. work to supplement with any of the "legitimate" companies? ...

MDI Part-timers Making 9 Cpl
Nov 23, 2009

Of the part-time MDIers who have already gotten their packets, was your pay decreased if you were making 9 cpl? Also, I am beginning to think I was the only person making 9 cpl at MDI!  ...

Part-time Benefits
Feb 21, 2010

Can anybody tell me what benefits part-time employees are offered at Transcend, KeyStroke and MedQuist?  Thanks ...

Part Time IC Positions
Mar 17, 2010

For MTs who work part time, what seems to be the minimum hours/lines most companies require you to work? ...

I Got Cut To Part Time Today
Mar 23, 2010

For the last 6 weeks, my company has not had radiology work coming in to be able to get the required line count.  We have had discussions on this, even trained for several accounts, etc...  Yesterday I got an e-mail explaining that because I did not meet the line count for the pay period that I was cut off of all my benefits and now part time.  The company boasts on the main page about how they have over double the amount of offshore MTs than stateside, this makes me mad.  I ...

Part Of News Release I Just Got
Apr 14, 2010

Our improved operating performance reflects our ongoing effort to leverage CBay's offshore processing capabilities, technology, and expertise to create the most efficient provider of technology-enabled clinical documentation and related healthcare solutions in the market This is probably why the Q is coming up with more and more outrageous ridiculous demands on us.  They want us all Gone - without having to pay UE.  I refuse to make it easy for them by quitting.   ...