A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just a word PART II - Pete

Posted: Sep 12, 2010

Guaranteed Money mouth every Pollyanna, well-thought-out, professional-appearing response came from an MTSO suit, most probably all of them (one in the same)....GUARANTEED.Wink

MTSO's have turned the medical transcription industry into SLAVE LABOR, across the board, no matter the skill level.

You're so-oooo wrong. BTW, there are no guarantees - in this world !

[ In Reply To ..]
:}

And every poster starting a new thread to re-stir the pot is a slacker - who should be working

[ In Reply To ..]
Pot/kettle.

We can all generalize. Just shows our ignorance.

Love the way you had to start a new thread to bring the pot you're stirring back up to a boil instead of letting it simmer on a backburner.

Too bad you've nothing more constructive to do with your time than to call those happy with their profession "suits."

Maybe you could crack open a thesaurus and learn a new phrase. How refreshing that would be.

TTFN, I've got money to make.

AMEN TO THAT !! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Does your arm get tired - stirring that pot

[ In Reply To ..]
I was one of the "pollyanna" posters and you are a predictable pot-stirrer. You don't like hearing the REALITY that there are happy MTs, good gigs, decent wages, available work.

Because YOU have made poor choices doesn't mean the rest of us have. Because YOU choose to be VICTIM and throw it around like a drunken sailor, well, that doesn't mean the rest of us have to drink your Kool-Aid.

Just as there is "bad" management, there are also (lots) of "bad" MTs. Perhaps you are one "Pete" and rather than make your situation work, you'd rather see how much fervor you can generate to keep things divisive.

You said it sista! - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
You really said everything a lot of us want to say. I'm really tired of people stirring the pot. These are the same people I am so glad I don't work side by side with.

People need to get out of the "victim" mode. If they are so unhappy then they need to find something else to do.

Getting tired of the ones who come here and because they are in a bad situation they assume everyone is, or like a past poster wrote wanted us all to quit because she was unhappy. I'm thinking, excuse me but I've always been treated very well by my supervisor.

All I have to say to the OP is "Oh for Pete's sake. Not again!"

Youre right, Pete. Slave labor! -nm - Sweatshop Sally

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Paranoid much? - and who cares

[ In Reply To ..]
So what if an MTSO or an employee or an IC or the President of the United States posts here.

You are making assumptions that anyone who posts a well thought or professional response is an MTSO. That is insulting to all transcriptionists that you don't think we can post well thought out or professional-appearing posts. And calling them a "suit" is just childish, and actually that term was derived from a movie I saw where the workers in the mail room told a newbee to the mail room they were not allowed to speak with "the suits".

You cannot guarantee this. These are only your assumptions, and personally who cares if an MTSO does write a post or respond to a post. They have as much right to post here as we do.

Maybe there are some companies that make people feel like they are working under "slave labor", but my MTSO does not. She pays me for my work, she listens to my suggestions on ways to improve whatever I'm working on, and she is considerate and compassionate if I'm sick or have a personal emergency or I need time off. I work and I work hard and I feel appreciated and I like my job.

You should really try and stay away from the constant paranoia and conspiracy theories, it really isn't any good for your health.

You are mistaken. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

CMT Exam - How Many Questions Are Asked In Part I (theory) And Part II
Jul 28, 2010

I am planning to take my CMT exams in a couple of months. A couple of queries - How many questions are asked in part I (theory) and part II (transcription performance)? What is the passing grade? Any information will be helpful. Thanks! ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...

Help, Please! Changing Comma To Period And Capping Next Word In MS Word....
Nov 08, 2014

Is it possible to do this in MS Word 2010?  I'm using AutoCorrect and there isn't a way to do it that I know of.  What do all of you doing VR do for the CONSTANT having to change a comma to a period and cap the next word easily?  Any suggestions would be SOOOOO very appreciated.  ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

Fox Transcribe, Can Copy And Paste From Word To Word Pad?
Jun 25, 2012

Can anyone who works with Fox Transcribe tell me if you can copy and paste from word to word pad? Since word pad does not have spell check OR auto correct, I wondered about that. Thank you!  ...

Using Word Separate But Similtaneously With Word Client 8
Aug 01, 2012

I have just started working in Dictaphone Word Client.  I have Word 2003.  When I open the Word Client it takes my own Word "hostage" and I cannot use it for other things.  Is there a way to separate the two, so that I can still use my Word when I need to while still working in Word Client? ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...

Anyone Work For Word For Word Transcription?
Mar 14, 2010

Just have to vent.  I have been filling out applications for days.  I know MTSOs can set any requirements they want, but you would think that if there is a very specific requirement that instantly disqualifies some Medical Transcriptionists, that would be right up there at the top, BEFORE they ask you to sign in and answer a bunch of questions (including providing reference names and attaching a resume).  I did all that, and THEN, I got the following message: "Thank you for your ...

Word For Word Transcription In Florida
Mar 15, 2010

Looking for recent information on this company.  Couldn't find anything recent in the archives and really not sure if the comments I did find were for this company or not since there are other companies with the same name.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Word 2003 And Latest Word
Jan 11, 2012

Have a new computer with windows 7.  Haven't set it up yet.  Can I install word 2003 and also whatever the latest word is (2007?).  Should one be installed before the other?   My computer tech retired and haven't found a new one yet.  Thanks for any info.  ...

Word Expander Program For WORD
Jan 29, 2012

Can anyone recommend a word expander program that they have used.  I have been doing transcription work for a local doctor for a few years and finally have decided to purchase this as I use word expander in other work I do for a transcription company.  I do not want to spend a lot but want to be sure when I purchase something that is it the best out there.  Thanks!  ...

GOING PART TME
May 11, 2010

Well, after 10 years of working at home for MQ and the company bought out by MQ, and working in-house for many years, I am finally at my "Uncle" stage.  I just turned 62 on March 28.  I applied for SS retirement early and working part time.  It starts in June.  I have just had too much stress in my job, and I am no longer happy doing what I do.  Now I will only HAVE to work 24 hours a week.  I am finally excited about something again.  I can remember the ...

Part-time Job
Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.  I'm about ready to try to get a non-MT part-time and see how that goes.  I've heard about Avon and that it can be done from home on-line now.  I'm wondering if that would supplement my income any better.  The only problem I have is I hate going door-to-do ...

Part Time PTO
Jan 20, 2010

I'm considering dropping to part-time.  I checked out the MQ Central for the specs and it indicates 24 hours/0.03 PTO per 48 hr pay period/1.37 hours for a max of 5 days/40 hours yearly. My CCM said if I happened to work 39 hours in a week, I'd get more PTO accumulated during that time.  She said there are PT folks who get just as much PTO as the FT do.  I didn't see anything like that mentioned in the PTO section on MQ Central.    ...

Wondering Part 2
Feb 09, 2010

What programs( ie Chartscript, extext) are easy to learn so that I can learn some more to use for companies that want these languages exclusively? Erin ...

To Part-Timers ----
Jan 15, 2011

I just read on MQ Central that as a part-timer you are eligible for "partial" benefits.  I had asked on this board before if part-timers were eligible for health insurance and was told no.  What does "partial" benefits mean exactly?  I'd like to drop to part time but absolutely need to keep health insurance.  Thanks in Advance! ...

New Part-time Job
Jul 21, 2011

I was talking to my CCM last week and she said the facilities just let them know they do not need them anymore, just like that.  They go with their own VR.  I don't trust anyone anymore so I secured a part-tiime job that I start in 2 weeks.  I will not be getting much sleep, but I will have to suck it up.  This is an outside job driving 60 miles a day, but I guess we do what we have to do.  I would think at my age (61) a person would'nt have to work so hard. ...

EMT, Now Part Of MQ Is HIRING-NO THANKS!
Nov 23, 2011

nm ...

Looking For Part-time
Dec 02, 2011

Are there any good companies left out there to work for part-time (20-35 hours) with straight typing and no C-phone?  ...

IC V Employee Part 2
Feb 29, 2012

As noted below in this discussion, it's been pointed out working a schedule does NOT necessarily make you an employee.   If you receive less extensive instructions about  what should be done, but not how it should be  done, you may be an independent contractor.  For instance, instructions about time and place  may be less important than directions on how the  work is performed.  ï‚¢ Training – if the business provi If you receive less ...

Part Time ??
Apr 26, 2012

Does anyone know of any companies that only require 15 hours or so weekly, or a low line count, for part-timers?  I would like to earn some extra money, but have time restraints :( ...

Wow, Proud To Be A Part
May 29, 2012

of this company right now.  We really pulled together and worked as a team to overcome some tall obstacles that were thought unachievable over the holiday weekend; were given nice incentives and got very nice compliments from the higher-up management. We also received a nice little gift for MT week.  So while so many are here seemingly unhappy, I just had to say that those attitudes do not reflect all of us in the trenches.  Probably not even most of us.  But we th ...