A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I WAS so proud of those raising their voices BUT NOW - Unions Are Dead

Posted: Apr 23, 2012

I have edited this message to just let each of you read what was posted and feel proud or disappointed in the responses.

Except for one teensy weensy little detail: Unions are - NOT dead. - nm - Mariposa

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks for the laugh - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
we all need humor in our days. The MTSOs really are nervous about this, apparently - or else we wouldn't be getting so much...attention...from the naysayers...it's all very strange...

WMJ, Who is nervous, and who is getting attention? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
MTSOs hire and train people every day. It does not make them nervous, nor is it strange to them, and they will continue to do so.

The attention from the naysayers has been simply to advise that this has been tried and failed before. It is not just the MT industry that is suffering. You, who has nothing to lose, asking already struggling MTs to put their jobs at risk is not the answer (although we do agree with a national spending strike).

It is obvious who wants the attention here.

No, something is strange about your attention - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
I've known many MTs through the years - none have ever exhibited quite the passion for anti-unionism that you have. Are you paid by the Koch Bros. or something? There are companies dedicated to squelching union organizing. So now they've wised up to the Internet, and have started using social media.

No, you've got your motives, and they have nothing to do with "protecting" other MTs from the likes of me.

why do you place blame on so many things except yourself - for not doing well in MT Land
[ In Reply To ..]
You are talking to this poster like he/she is the only one responding to you. Multiple people are responding to all of your nonsense, not just one.

I think you need to hang a mirror in front of that face and look in it for a good week or so.
The desire for justice is not a desire for revenge - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
I have to think about the hostility I receive - why - it doesn't make sense. Unless of course, you're a union buster...they have companies that do that...

strange, singly, or multiply, the hostility doesn't make sense - I've known so many MTs, and the hostility just wasn't there - but it's being expressed here. Hostility. Because someone wants justice, which is fair pay and good working conditions.

It doesn't make sense.
geez... first I get called a suit, now a union buster! - you are an idiot
[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sick of you calling all of us names.
yes sick of the name calling too, just out and out trolling now. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
The hostility You receive? Really.....? - Mirror - meet WMJ.
[ In Reply To ..]
YOU incite it. You criticize anyone who does not agree with you. You engage in it. You call us names. You insult us. You constantly give unsolicited advice. You make it a point in very, very many threads to tell everyone why they are wrong about anything. You are just overbearing. IF you do receive hostility, can you not see you bring it on yourself? Your opinions are no more important than others here.

As passionate as you are about whatever it is you believe in, you would best serve yourself, and others, if you pursued that for a while. Do your demonstrations, letters, strikes, etc. and stop fueling the very hostility here that you are complaining about.
LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank You!!!!
you do realize WMJ started this an now EVERYBODY IS FIGHTING. - you have been punked by WMJ. its a game.
[ In Reply To ..]
'
Hun, she started nothing of the kind. We've been attacking - each other since the Dark Ages - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
just one more little reason why we MTs are still living in them.
oh but she started this one....doll. - NM as in No More, done.
[ In Reply To ..]
and then sits back and enjoys the show.
Hun? and We? - Who is in the dark ages?
[ In Reply To ..]
Dark ages, huh? Hun sure sounds like it. But "we." I do not think so. You cannot speak for all. I cannot remember 1 time I have ever called anyone here a name, or insulted them because of their point of view; only tried to express my own.

Again, you do not hear from the successful and happy MTs much. I do sympathize with the struggling MTs, but just because they have lost their job or are not happy with the one they are in does not mean that all of us are unhappy and struggling. Some of us actually still love this profession, make good money, are treated fairly, and enjoy our jobs.

Perhaps some of these people should look at who they are working for, address it there. If that does not work, leave. That is the only way things are going to change. If none of the MT jobs seem acceptable, pursue something else.

WMJ was very unhappy in her situation. She lost her job. From what I have seen here, she may have caused her own demise, I do not know. If things were so bad in the whole MT Land for her, where has she been until now? It has only been of late that she comes on her slamming ALL MTSOs and every MT who does not agree with her. She is a now a former disgruntled employee who wants us all to take a stand, risking our jobs, on her behalf. She claims she is out of MT. Okay, that's probably for the best, but why come here and tell the rest of us what we must do, or be insulted and called names. I don't get it. She is not an MT anymore and her passions would be better directed elsewhere.
so she screwed up ler life and comes here to rant and rage. - nice. Glad you see that. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
end of discussion for me!

I'll agree that something is very strange - No further explanation needed

[ In Reply To ..]
Strange indeed...

Yea, our goal, to make someone not in MT proud. - Now that is strange. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

she's no loinger an MT, how can she strike? - strange indeed.

[ In Reply To ..]
and THAT is why she never answers the question posted several times about getting out - she already anwered it back in February.

News Flash: It's not an "MT strike". It involves - ALL workers. MTs are a minority.
[ In Reply To ..]
Not with you on this regardless and if that makes me the name - you are about to call me - so be it. Kay?
[ In Reply To ..]
>
Thank you for doing your part to keep medical - transcriptionists an exploited workforce.
[ In Reply To ..]
you are RIGHT! It was me all long. and you are most welcome. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
not according to WMJ. its an MT strike on the same day. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
I could have been, but... likely it'll just be a nationwide - strike/protest that a few MTs take the - S/M
[ In Reply To ..]
opportunity to participate in. Organizing a purely MT strike has been proven fruitless, as most MTs lack what it takes to risk a little in order to gain a lot. Still, when an opportunity such as the May 1st Strike presents itself, what better opportunity for the few of us that DO want to make our voices heard to do so? If most MTs don't want to, no big deal.

I participated in a huge OWS protest last fall in a major city, and of the thousands of people there, I probably had the tiniest little sign. All it said was, "Stop offshoring our jobs!"

It didn't even say anything about MT. But amazingly, it generated a lot of conversation during the day, and it was a golden opportunity to tell people who don't know our field even exists, to learn one of the many, many ways our government and the companies that OWN our government are screwing the citizens of America.

I really could care less whether any other MT in the entire country participates. But at least I'll be there, and I intend to make the most of the opportunity. Besides that, I really need a day off to get outside and do something healthy for a change.
Sorry - first word should be "It", not "I". - Sorry for the typo!
[ In Reply To ..]
To S/M - see my message
[ In Reply To ..]
Your post is the most sensible I have seen in quite a few threads. Thank you for sharing a voice of reason and common sense.

Everyone should do what they can, and how they can. If that means nothing at all, then so be it. Live and let live.
agree - NM
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Do You Ever Find Some Dictator Voices So Annoying
Jan 11, 2015

The ones who stutter, or lisp (both of which I despise), or sound like they're whispering through locked lips.  Some days it's so strange it fascinates me more than annoys me.  ...

Wow, Proud To Be A Part
May 29, 2012

of this company right now.  We really pulled together and worked as a team to overcome some tall obstacles that were thought unachievable over the holiday weekend; were given nice incentives and got very nice compliments from the higher-up management. We also received a nice little gift for MT week.  So while so many are here seemingly unhappy, I just had to say that those attitudes do not reflect all of us in the trenches.  Probably not even most of us.  But we th ...

So, Where's All The Proud TTS Cheerleaders, No
Jan 29, 2015

answers?  Several questions on this board about TTS that nobody wants to answer evidently.  1)  New oncology account out of Texas  2)  Account in Memphis still there that starts with a B?  Usually, the cheerleaders have a lot to say, but suddenly silent!  They must be basking in their glory as Nuance and TTS conspire to steal work! ...

Since The First Time Right Went Into Effect, I Am Proud
Mar 05, 2010

to say that none of my reports have been submitted to QA.  I am amazed at how quickly I became multilingual.  Thanks MQ.  ...

21 States Raising Min Wage.
Jan 03, 2015

Hope your not in one.  If your are, start looking for a new job. ...

TransTech Raising Quotas For Next Year
Dec 08, 2010

Got an email this afternoon stating the quotas are going up for both FT and PT for the new year.  Sure wish the pay would do the same.  They keep putting more work on VR so even when I do the same amount of work, my paycheck continues to shrink. ...

Raising/racing/razing Of Quadriceps Muscle?
Nov 12, 2009

I can hardly understand this ortho resident.  Hx:  Morbidly obese patient with severe osteo in both knees, failed steroid inj, next step Supartz.  He is examining her legs and says that range of movement is restricted due to pain.  He then goes on to say There is (s/l raising/racing/razing) of quadriceps muscle seen.  She does have tenderness in her knees in both medial and patellofemoral joint lines.  Any ideas?  I'm ready to buy this doc a plane ticket ...

Straight Leg Raising Was Normal Without Hesitation Or S/l Pull-back Pain.
Feb 01, 2012

TIA ...

RE: "I Really Am Proud Of Those Voicing Support"
Apr 25, 2012

Press Release  Wednesday, April 18, 2012 Note: This revised press release now contains a paragraph about a possible protest by medical transcriptionists, one of the most abused vocations in the industry. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEMAY DAY 2012Contact:Charlie MayDavid Hugheshttp://denvergeneralstrike.org Working people the world over will assert their power this International Workers’ Day, May 1, and Denver will be represented, according to the Denver General Strike Coordinating ...

Sounds Like "MIZ's May Be Raising His Bp"
Jan 15, 2012

Doc dictates: "Will refill losartan and hydrochlorothiazide as 100/25 #90 and a refill. Will give allopurinol 100 mg 1 a day for a month and then 1 twice per day #180 and a refill; gemfibrozil 600 mg b.i.d. #180 and a refill; clonazepam 1/2 in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. #135 and a refill; Indocin 25 mg 1 three times per day as needed for gout #45 and a refill. I told him how MIZ's may be raising his blood pressure." Any idea what MIZ may be? I thought maybe it was a category of dru ...