A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance Computer loan program - just me

Posted: Jan 04, 2013

Did we all see that we are available for a $300 interest-free computer loan, for new computer, peripherals, software, etc.     Did you also notice they want the RECEIPT FIRST?  Now, why in God's name, once you have paid for a computer or whatever you would want a loan for them after the fact?   Am I the only one confused by this?

Loan Program - sufffering in silence

[ In Reply To ..]
I saw that too and I agree; it makes absolutely NO SENSE . So does that mean you are borrowing your own money off of something you already bought?

I think it should be a reimbursement; now that makes more sense!

Very, very lame. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, why pay for something and then borrow money from yourself to pay for it???

Totally ridiculous.

reaffirmation - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I kept thinking I was reading it wrong...when I got their email response today I responded back with essentially the same questions you both posed -- why would I need to borrow $300 to pay back on something I already purchased... and OF COURSE NO RESPONSE. Just when I was starting to think they did have a heart LOL

Don't - work

[ In Reply To ..]
for Nuance, but the only logic I can come up with for that is that perhaps if you bought your computer on a high-interest credit card, the loan is interest free and you could pay the credit card off so you don't pay the interest.

A pretend perk to make you think it is a benefit. - Unbelievable.

[ In Reply To ..]
Keeps getting better and better.

Similar Messages:

Companies That Loan You Computer
Aug 16, 2010

Looking for a new gig, but my laptop is Vista and low on memory.  Want to find a company that will let you borrow/rent one from them besides MQ and Transcend.  Any ideas? ...

Diskriter :: Applying Since They Loan Computer
Aug 08, 2011

Thinking of applying since they loan computer... how is the work... how is the sound quality, the line requirements, stability of accounts and ability to make money.  The last one most important, can you make a living there. Thanks for any and all advice. ...

Does Anybody Have The Program Loaded On More Than 1 Computer? SM
Jun 09, 2015

I would like to be able to work on my personal laptop, as well as the MModal desktop. ...

How Do I Switch My Shorthand Program From One Computer To Another
Feb 09, 2012

My computer crashed and likely I have my shorthand program on an external hard drive.  I do I put it on my computer ...

If We Have A Nuance Computer...
Jan 17, 2014

...are we allowed to use it for another job? ...

TT And HIPPA And Nuance's Program.
Jun 13, 2011

Just finished hours worth of unpaid time in and out of programs to balance time sheets for the end of pay period and trying to figure out in and out of programs for 2 weeks with no work.   Now get the email to do the mandatory unpaid HIPPA testing, and still have not WORKED for my 4 cents.  Hummm, when do I want to do this test so I can feel even more hopeless, helpless and worthless?  ...

NUANCE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
May 23, 2014

Nuance is hiring?  I run out of work all the time....and I laugh to think I would recommend them to anyone I actually know personally, much less someone I don't know. Fiesa got me again...I very irresponsibly typed, "Appears to be..." instead of, "He appears to be...," and Emergency room cours...missing the "e" and was dinged well below 99%....how does humiliating myself by signing off that I have reviewed errros like that make me better?  It doesn't.  I HATE it... Wha ...

Nuance Computer Requirements
Jan 30, 2013

I have just received the computer specifications to begin working for Nuance.  I need to purchase a new computer.  My husband would like to buy a MAC.  Is a MAC compatible with Nuance's specifications.  Does anyone have any experience using a MAC who works for Nuance?  I have never used a MAC for transcription, only art programs at college, so I don't know much about it.  Thank you! ...

With Nuance's Voice Recognition Program, I'm Never OOW But Its Not MT...
Mar 06, 2014

"For erectile dysfunction, see Alice."  ...

Will Nuance Send A Computer To New Hire?
Jan 17, 2014

I just got a job with Nuance. My computer runs Windows 8 and I haven't heard back from them yet so I'm wondering is they send new hires a computer to borrow or do I need to go find one that will run their programs? TYIA ...

Leaving Nuance, Have Computer Question...
Dec 01, 2014

I hope I have posted this on the correct board. As I do not have a good feeling whatsoever about this new pay plan at Nuance, I am preparing to leave this nasty company after the first of the year​ and am trying to get everything in order. The first order of business is to buy a new computer. I believe new computers come with Windows 8. Does anyone know if that is compatible with most transcription needs today, or does one have to have Windows 7 installed? If so, is that commercially availab ...

Webmedx,nuance Paycut On OLD VR PROGRAM Not Fair!
Dec 01, 2011

I have gone over my pay records over the past couple of years or so and my salary correspondence from this company with a qualified unemployment case worker. When I recently told her that now it appears they (wmx,nuance) are going to even cut my pay more the option I  have is to quit and then file an appeal. If the company were to try and fight me on ALL the cuts I have received in the near past I have everything to show the case worker to get the highest benefits ...

Does Nuance Pay A Portion Of A Weight Loss Program?
Oct 19, 2014

x ...

Companies That Loan You Computers
Dec 21, 2010

My personal computer is kaput.  Looking for a job that provides computer.  Preferrably part time.  I think MQ and Webmedx do, any others? ...

Employment Verification For Loan
Nov 25, 2013

Has anyone applied for a loan where your bank sent an employment verification request to Nuance?  I was just wondering how long it takes Nuance to respond to the bank.  Thanks! ...

My Computer Is Blocking Javascript On Nuance Testing Site.
Mar 14, 2012

Help!!!!   I am not able to complete the testing on Nuance mt.test site because my computer will not allow this program -- Javascript.  Has anyone else had this problem?   I am just wondering how you get around this.  On the yellow Active X add-on site, it will not allow this.  I am at my wit's end as to what to do.  I have not tried going on Technical Support.  I have tried that before and they never really help much.  So very useless, why ...

Are There Any Companies That Provide Computer Equipment? Tired Of Nuance
Jan 31, 2014

xx ...

Company Provided Computer Other Than MM And Nuance? Precyse Not Hiring Now.
Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.   ...

Nursing School And Loan Questions
Sep 08, 2011

Anyone seriously considering this?  I am concerned about the money issue, of course.  Did anyone receive a student loan that was enough to pay for books, supplies and have a little extra left over for living?  It's been so long since DH had a student loan, I can't remember anything about that.  I would still work part-time, of course, but that wouldn't put food on the table. I just can't stay in this proffession anymore, have to do something to get out of ...

I Am Wondering How Difficult It Is To Get A Car Loan If You Work As An IC. Sm
Mar 02, 2013

I have looked online a bit and the applications usually say something about submitting 2 pay stubs. Since I am an IC, I do not get a pay stub, and a couple of articles I have read said it is more difficult to get a loan when you are an independent contractor, particularly if your credit score is not outstanding. Has anyone had any experience with this and/or have any tips? TIA. ...

Acct Going To Escription, Nuance Won't Upgrade Company Sypplied Computer- Sm
Apr 30, 2013

Nuance says they will make a $300 loan toward purchase of a personal computer to work on te account, paid in 26 installments. I know a decent computer that has their specifications will cost more than that. What to do?  I'm on Dictaphone now. ...

Nuance Takes "ownership" Of Computer After Software Install
Aug 23, 2014

How is this legal? They don't own the computer. they don't provide equipment. What right do they have to screw up the computer so you can't print or do stuff of your machine that you own? ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

About That TAA Program...
Jan 07, 2010

I know you have to be drawing unemployment to quality for this.  Does anyone know exactly what this is and what the benefits are?    ...

FTP Program
Mar 15, 2010

I had a company send me an IP address to take a test. Once I e-mailed them back and asked what in the world am I suppose to do with this, they told me I had to have a FTP program. I tried one and it confused me to no end. Does anyone have any ideas on FTP programs? Thanks a lot! ...

Yet ANOTHER New Program???
Jun 09, 2011

Is it just me, or is this Cornerstone BS this just another way to chip away at our paychecks?  ...