A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance 99.5% quality assessment - timmymike

Posted: Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering has anyone been let go from Nuance for not making their 99.5% quality assessment?  I can't seem to hit the 99.5% but I am always being asked to work extra, so I don't know how serious not hitting the 99.5% is?  Anyone have anything to share on this subject?  

haven't made 99.5 in forever - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
No the most they will do is put you on 100% QA and maybe give you a mentor for a week or so. No big deal. I have been through it twice and I am still here. The strange thing is that I have 2 jobs and with the other company which has by far harder dictators etc and they require only 98% accuracy I consistently maintain over 99% where as with Nuance since they put all this new FIESA out there, I can't make 99% if my life depended on it. Go figure

Oh, of course it's about the QUALITY, not - taking $ off us, yeah right

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder what the stats are on what percentage of MTs gets any bonus now. This is the third month of the quarter and I have been getting lots of FIESA attention (not the good type). I believe they finally got me to where they want me - no production bonus, no QA bonus. I wonder if they are allowed to call them bonuses if only a very small percentage of MTs get them? I guess so, I guess that's why they did it in the first place, so rather than being a component of your salary, it is something you should aspire to. Then they don't have to do anything to cut your salary, just give you a few bad FIESA errors and bingo.

Sadly for them, those of us who were star performers in the companies we were with before taken over by Nuance see this for what it is.

FIRST of all our pay was cut drastically and supplemented for a while by the old company, who still were probably laughing all the way to the bank.

NEXT, once that little extra was taken away we realized we were truly being paid a lot less as far as base pay.

FINALLY, the sham "bonus" system means they will not be happy until they make you into a minimum wage worker. No matter what they call it, it has nothing to do with quality, it has everything to do with making sure we are all making very close to minimum wage. Nuance is the Wal-Mart/McDonald's of MTSOs.

MM is right there with them - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe worse.

I doubt it... - Depressed

[ In Reply To ..]
If they did, there would be no one left to work for them, lol.

99.5% - timmymike

[ In Reply To ..]
Depressed - you probably have a good point there. I wonder if there is anyone that is happily employed...

Similar Messages:

TTS, SGS, Nuance, And Quality Scores.....
Oct 14, 2013

I was wondering why Nuance requires a 99% score from their transcriptionists, but the companies that do their overflow advertise that they require 98%? How can they justify that? If you work for an overflow company, will they fire you if your score is above 98% but less than 99%? Just wondering what I would be getting into at one of these places. Thanks for anything you can share. ...

Nuance Quality Standards
Nov 26, 2013

I am curious if MLS and/or QC/QA people working for Nuance are able to consistently meet their 99.5% accuracy rating while meeting the lines per hour requirements? ...

If Nuance REALLY Cared About Quality,
Feb 28, 2014

...don't you think they would do something about this speech wreck and fix it so it's not repeatedly making the same mistakes day in and day out as well as leaving out spoken words that are so clearly dictated as well as not making up stuff and putting in text that is clearly not spoken? These are the things that I get dinged on by the FIASCO cops because I'm not catching them (which IS my fault, but all the nonsense tends to run together, especially since only one space afte ...

What Is The Minimum Quality Requirement For Nuance.
Sep 23, 2014

Any info for this company would be helpful.  Currently work for a company that has set quality standard to an unachievable number so they can lose US MTs. ...

Has Anyone Here Taken, Or Going To Take, The CPC ICD-10 Assessment?
Jun 14, 2015

My question is if you can take the test in stages or if you have to sign in and take the complete test all at once.  The website doesn't say and yes, I have e-mailed them to ask, but in the meantime, I am curious if anyone knows.  I am just worried about being interrupted and having to walk away and losing time or if I can just sign out and come back in to "hold" my time.  They give you 3.5 hours to complete it.    ...

Assessment And Plan Q
Oct 20, 2009

I have a dictator will dictate the Assessment/Plan with a number for the problem and a letter for the plan (1.  Gout.  A. Labs in the morning.  B.  Medication, 2.   Etc.  A. B., 3. A.)  I have always just ignored the letters she gives me and not put them, but I was wondering today if I am suppose to.  It is not a verbatim account and I never got in trouble for not putting them.  I tried looking this up in AAMT BOS but maybe I am not looking right ...

Assessment And Plan
Jan 11, 2011

anyone hear of "SMACK" on the assessment and plan of a PE? ...

Assessment: Rule Out S/l Wad-dey-o
Dec 24, 2012

EMS responding to a patient who just had ablation for SVT last week and is complaining of weakness and dizziness. Cannot find with much searching. Thanks for your help! ...

ASSESSMENT TESTING
Feb 07, 2014

I am beyond frustrated.   Is there anyone out there that has taken the assessment testing that is supposed to be completed by 02/14?   There is 1 test that I have taken at least 50 times and cannot pass it.  It's the one with the Asian woman who has shoulder pain.   I have put in every combination there is, and it still says "incorrect."   My HDSM says I have to pass it for the testing to be considered "complete."   Apparently there is ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

Expanding In Impression/assessment
Aug 30, 2010

I was wondering...we are told to expand abbreviations in assessment and impression paragraphs, but what if they say the abbreviation 4 times within that paragraph? This instance is PSA. Thanks... ...

Dementia Risk Assessment
Jan 27, 2012

Dementia supervision risk assessment, and it sounds like he is saying Lobman or Logman for one-on-one supervision.   Thanks for any help! ...

S/l CHEM Or KIM Bedside Assessment
Oct 08, 2012

Mental Status: s/l CHEM or KIM bedside assessment was positive for ongoing delirium. Thank you!!! ...

Personality Assessment Test
Apr 03, 2013

Hello, Smart People- Has anyone ever been asked to take a personality assessment when you're in the running for a job position? I applied for a patient sitter position at a local hospital and they said I was in the running and would I please take an assessment. It was a personality assessment (I could just tell), but I don't think it was the MMPI--the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Index. There weren't enough questions for that one. FYI: The job description for which I'm ...

Is This Supposed To Be Left As MRSA In The Assessment?
May 08, 2010

Is this supposed to be left as MRSA in the assessment?? The client profile says nothing about it?  I thought we had no abbeviations in the assessment unless the client profile stated that. ?? ...

Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
Oct 13, 2010

I'm looking for what s/l "begalrithm" Risk Assessment for breast cancer. Thanks for any help!   ...

Weekly ASR Production Assessment/Evaluation
Jan 04, 2011

What ever happened to our weekly assessment/review of our ASR production?  I received 1 evaluation back in November around Thanksgiving and have not received another one.  Am I wrong in thinking we were supposed to get one weekly.  Has anyone gotten any more than their original one?  Maybe I was so good, they just said, she doesnt need it, LOL  My guess, they realized how much it was going to cost them to pay someone to do this and nixed it already. ...

Preop Patient In Assessment And Plan. How To Expand
Aug 13, 2012

The patient is planned for surgery.  The physician will come and "preop" him the day prior to surgery.  How would you expand that?  Thanks for any suggestions.  ...

Assessment: TMJ Dysfunction & Migraines. Plan: Naproxen 500 Mg And **symmetrican** 50 Mg???
Sep 21, 2010

Sounds like sym-et-ri-can or si-vit-ri-can 50 mg ...

ASSESSMENT AND PLAN: Pulmonary Toileting. The Patient Will Use A S/l "cuck-ugh-la" 8 To 1
Feb 02, 2012

ASSESSMENT AND PLAN: Pulmonary toileting.  The patient will use a s/l "cuck-ugh-la" 8 to 10 times a day. ...

"Luncal" Assessment Was Unremarkable Causing ...
Jan 31, 2010

the patient to be more ticklish than pain.  Dictator has a very strong accent, but it sounds like luncal.  Thought pehaps it might be truncal, but I hear the L vey clearly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

From Below, About 99% Quality
May 22, 2011

slowly sinking here because my quality has always been 98-100 quality, years and years. Now, however, I am expected to maintain 99% quality, on a hideously difficult account, but I must also maintain my LPH. In other words, I have to listen to reports on the fastest speed I can to get my LPH yet maintain some form of quality. The reports go to QA who in turn listen at the slowest possible speed to give errors for not including 'the' and mind you this cannot even be heard unless you ...

DQS 7 Quality
Jun 13, 2012

What is everyone's opinion about the new speech engine?  I'm not talking about the user side....I mean the quality of it's speech recognition.  I thought it was supposed to be so much better, but I'm finding it to be terrible.  There are times when it leaves out 3 and 4 words and puts in words that are not even close (i.e., family history when the doc clearly says social history)!  That, and the sound quality SUCKS! Here's another example:  Dic ...

Quality 2.0
Oct 04, 2014

So this was the "exciting news" that we've all been waiting for? What a waste of time this was.  I nearly fell asleep. ...

New Quality 2.0
Oct 12, 2014

Fiesa score over 99%, however the new quality index less than 60.  I can see the writing on the wall. ...

New Quality Coach
Jun 09, 2010

Just got an email about getting a new quality coach.  This, of course, answers my question of why no emails for the past week from her.  I hope she didn't lose her job.  She was a really good coach, the best one I've had in the last 7 years, and wasn't one who corrected little things like punctuation in audits or things that made no difference in the report integrity.  She is one I will miss.  I only hope the new one is also with a strong QA ...

DSG- Sound Quality
Jul 18, 2010

I'm trying to troubleshoot something.  Does anyone else have sound-quality issues on DSG dictations?  Just curious if I should seriously have this looked at on my end.  It's not all reports, but enough so that I need to look into it one way or the other.  If I'm the only one, I'll hire someone to look into this.  I have no problems with audio otherwise, just work-wise. ...

Quality Alert Because Of Being Below 99%
Jul 21, 2010

Do they expect 99% now? ...

Quality Alert
Oct 13, 2010

I received a quality alert feedback that I had failed and wanted to know if anybody knew if this was an actual audit or what?  And if so, has this happened to anyone and what happens?  Thanks. ...