A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Listening to old dictations and error message? - gg

Posted: Apr 01, 2013

I tried to go back and listen to a dictation that I got docked on in fiesa. I got an error message saying I needed Active-X which I installed, but still cannot get the audio to play. Any suggestions? is there someone I should contact about this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

You mean through EditScript Search for Dictations and Transcriptions? - what browser are you using?

[ In Reply To ..]
I can only listen with IE (I usually use Chrome).

will give chrome a try, thanks NM - gg

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sorry, you misunderstood. I can't hear the audio with Chrome, - but I can with IE. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
However, I just tried it with Firefox, and it works okay there too (I have an ancient version of FF, though, v3.6.16, so that might be a factor).

Your computer might be set incorrectly. Do you have Vista by chance? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you do, I had this same problem. I had to go to my settings and user accounts and turn user account control off every time I wanted to listen to something. After awhile, I gave up caring about FIESA for various reasons and just didn't listen anymore.

Similar Messages:

When I Get An Error Message After Posting Here And Go
Mar 30, 2011

It usually happens when I put an apostrophe in the post (what's that about anyway?)  I get a SQL (?) server error, hit the back button, and my original posting is gone and I have to start all over.  Any solution to this? ...

E-mail Error Message?
Nov 17, 2011

Anyone else having trouble checking MQ e-mail?  I keep getting an error message. ...

Script Error Message
Aug 07, 2014

Getting a lot of script error messages.  Hate to contact support as they always call when I TELL THEM NOT TO as I work nightshift & they always call when I'm working or sleeping.  Plus I can't understand them too well.  Does anyone else get the script error messages? if so, what do you do? thanks. ...

FIESA--cannot Log In Keep Getting Error Message. Anyone Else??
Nov 18, 2014

I have been getting a 405 error message for FIESA for the past two days. Anyone else?  ...

ANYONE EVER RECEIVE AN AUDIO ERROR MESSAGE?
Aug 11, 2010

No audio on my last 3 transcriptions -- get an error message, "Error starting playback (the action failed). Curious if anyone else has had this experience, and if so, what was the outcome? TIA ...

Escription Error 1 Message COMAddin
Feb 12, 2013

I'm having trouble installing escription on my laptop....get error 1 message COMAddin Also using AVG ...anyone else ever have this issue? ...

Help! QCare - Error Message Preventing Ticket Being Sent
Sep 24, 2010

I have never done a QCare incident before and it will not accept the incident, syaing that my ADP # is missing, but there is no place for this be put in.  Anyone know what the heck the problem is? ...

Docqscribe Error Message Could Not Deploy Installation Version Checker
May 24, 2011

Hi Everybody.  I am trying to load DocQScribe on my home laptop running Windows 7.  I have followed advice posted by Nan, but I get the error message "Could not deploy installation version checker." Any help regarding how to get this software up and running would be appreciated.  Thanks, Rob  ...

Have To Get This Off My Chest, Thanks For Listening
May 30, 2013

I am really really really (times pi) sickened but I figure if I write it here I can go to work and try to hang in there. I got the quarterly bonus and qualify for most times the weekly ones (depending on OOW situation and or if there are so many ESL a week I can't get the goal lines). Anyway, I have this high QA score on my weekly time sheet which is figured quarterly. Now, for the past 2 weeks, I am informed by TL that my quality is 98.6%, that I have in excess of 50, yes 50 critical error ...

Listening To Old Reports (SM)
Mar 14, 2014

Hello, can someone please give instructions on how to listen to old reports after you get FIESA scores.  Thanks  ...

Listening To QA Report
Apr 18, 2014

I caannot get my Windows Media to work or whatever is used to hear QA reports in DQS.  A black screen comes up but tells me the file is opened elsewhere.  I always was able to listen to reports that had been Q/A'ed in the past.  Has anyone had a problem like this?  I dread having to call the tech support as I can hardly hear them or understand them.  Thanks for any help. ...

Nuance....are You Listening?
Dec 28, 2014

Dear Nuance:  Have you been reading ANY of these posts?  Do you see the discontent?  Do you feel the anger and worry you see on this page?  Or are you too busy driving your nice cars and eating in fine restaurants to worry about the people who actually make the money for you?  I know I'm ridiculous for just wondering if you feel even the smallest twinge of guilt,but I like to think that people still have some humanity left.  Do you think about the families tha ...

So After Listening To The Benefits Call, I Take It They're Still Going To Have The
May 21, 2012

x ...

Want To Avoid Listening, So Can I Ask These Questions?
Dec 11, 2012

I can see from all these posts that they have made it as difficult as possible to understand this new pay plan.  Can anybody tell me when it goes into effect and when we individually will know what our personal rates will be? TYIA. ...

Listening To Report In Fiesa.
Jun 10, 2013

I this just wishful thinking on my end to do I remember when they first switched to the new Fiesa a way to actually listen to reports from there so we can check our work?  ...

25 Second Dictations
Apr 13, 2010

For the past 2 days, I have been on an account with very short dictations - clinic notes that average between 7 and 30 lines.  I am making less than minimum wage - it takes a certain amount of time just to do the ADT info and of course they are all ESL doctors.  I don't have a primary and I certainly hope this account doesn't end up as my primary.  Anyone have any tips on how to make money on these short little dictations? ...

Dictations
Mar 19, 2014

Why is it that not taken into the equation of our pay is the fact that most residents, PAs, CNP, CNM, etc., do not pronunciate, have correct grammar, or the fact that they just don't dictate adequately in general?  I spend way too much time looking up, confirming, trying to figure out what they are saying as they laugh, slur, set the phone down under paperwork while flipping through charts and sign papers (can hear this often), or constantly move the phone around where all I hear is cr ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

I Have Been Listening To This One Female ESL Dictator For A Year Now,
Feb 03, 2013

and not once has she NOT been sniffling, sneezing, snorting, and swallowing/gulping down her own snot.  Clean your nose out, already!  These noises are really gross, I can never get through a whole report without stopping to gag.  She is also a low-talker, so I can't just turn the volume down.    OK, vent over.  ...

So Sick Of Listening To These Foreign Doctors
Apr 02, 2013

I am sitting here literally ready to punch the wall out of sheer frustration. So sick of listening to these foreign doctors. Are there any of the regions that are not saturated with them? Seems like mine is chock full. When I transcribed for another company, with a lot of the hospitals in the Southern end of the US, it was not near as bad. VA Hospitals, full to the brim with them and overflowing as well.. ...

Listening To Post Audit Jobs
Dec 12, 2013

Is anyone else having trouble listening to their post audit jobs?  I have tried everything and can't seem to make it work. It's hard to fight an error when you cannot listen to the job again.    I am am also finding that I am getting a lot or errors that I know are not true thus killing my quality score.  ...

Listening To Old Reports In Ediscript (Nuance)
May 12, 2014

Okay, I know there is a way to listen to our old reports but for some reason I cannot do it anymore.  When I open up the dictation search and click on the speaker button to listen, I get a blank escription audio window that pops up with nothing.  Any ideas?  ...

Listening To Dictator - And Loud Cartoons
May 13, 2015

Today I had the misfortune to have 2 lo-o-o-ng reports by the same dictator - I suspect someone else had him before me and said No Thanks and passed him on to me.  He wouldn't have been bad at all if he'd just speeded up about 5 times faster, and if his son had not been listening to cartoons about 3 feet away.  Actually, his mentation was so slow, it was probably his grandson listening to cartoons.  At one point, he turned around and asked the kid to turn it down some, a ...

Kids In Dictations
Oct 24, 2009

I just got done with a job where for the last minute the kid kept saying "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daaaaaddddy, daaaddddy... etc" for literally over a minute.  He just kept on talking like it was nothing.  I on the other hand was telling the kid to be quiet!!!  Don't think he heard me! ...

Can't Understand Dictations
Jul 17, 2012

Hi! I am currently taking my MT final. My problem is, I am having LOTS of trouble understanding some of the dictations. Is there any tips/tricks to help understand some words that are dictated? Thanks! ...

Dictations With Templates
Jan 14, 2013

When you have a dictation with a template that you have to pull in and it is ASR (why they ASR this is beyond me) do you hit the F11 to clear it out since it takes longer to move junk around. ...

Recording Dictations
Aug 02, 2013

Seriously, I wonder if there is a way to record these dictations. I would LOVE to hear for myself the "errors" QA/QC are always finding and putting into Fiesa. The fact that we are not provided with proof of these "errors" really concerns me. Please Nuance bigwigs, prove to me that QA/QC isn't making things up or hearing things wrong. Really, are we to believe that we are the only ones making mistakes, that they always have perfect hearing? I want proof! ...

Partial Dictations
Jun 22, 2014

I think all dictations at Nuance should be partial dictation worktype. Wtih "partial dictations, you don't have to do as much checking of demographics, figuring out date of service and filling that in, etc., and not having to pend and leave comments so mcuh. I notice I'm about 75 lines faster an hour when it's partial dictations because there's less outside-the-report activity to be done. This is extra activity we dont' even get paid for. After all, MTs are only paid ...

Love Full Listening ILP Reports For 3cpl....!!!
Nov 25, 2009

Because I need my job I bite hard everyday to continue with MQ. Being an MME is horrible when you are paid 3 cpl to full listen ILP.  I get paid more to ME my own ASR reports which take me sometimes just as long.  Each time the situation is mentioned on how unfair it is to only get 3 cpl to full listen ILP reports we are always told that it really isn't that many reports....funny I did over 90 of them in a pay period and they aren't short reports ever always long... ...

Out Of Curiosity, Just Spent The Last 45 Min Listening To The DocQ 7 Tutes....sm
Dec 14, 2011

Holy Crow....I knew there were changes made, but didn't think that everything changed.  Nothing on the screen looks the same, starting with the log-in screen which is the only thing that looks simple to use.  There are stupid panels everywhere, top, bottom, left side, right side, and the poor text screen is kinda squished in the middle.  It looks waaaay more complicated than how it is now.  I just want to cry.  I really had no idea that it is basically going to invo ...