A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

docqscribe error message Could not deploy installation version checker - robwi

Posted: May 24, 2011

Hi Everybody.  I am trying to load DocQScribe on my home laptop running Windows 7.  I have followed advice posted by Nan, but I get the error message "Could not deploy installation version checker." Any help regarding how to get this software up and running would be appreciated.  Thanks, Rob 

There are posts on Tech Help for this - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There have been a lot of posts on Tech help for this issue. DQS will not work on Windows7 as is. I got it to work by installing VMware player (a virtual computer I installed Windows XP on) and then installed DQS on the virtual machine. Not hard to do (thanks to ket's help). VMware was free, already had Windows7 Pro, so loaded that.

I have been running it now for awhile and am very happy with it, no problems. Hope this helps.

32-bit or 64-bit - ket

[ In Reply To ..]
There are some threads in the tech forum about this. I don't know about 32-bit, but on 64-bit I think you'll find that even if you do get DocQscribe installed,it won't recognize your foot pedal, even under Windows Virtual Machine/XP. I installed VMWare Player with XP, and it works that way. It's a free download and quite easy to install and set up.

Similar Messages:

DocQscribe Version 5.16 Upgrade Rollout
Mar 03, 2010

Just got a corporate e-mail explaining what this means.  They're trying to say only our Teamwork schedules are going to be affected, but we all know every time there's an update, something else changes (different line count counting, disappearing features, etc.) and not for our benefit. ...

When I Get An Error Message After Posting Here And Go
Mar 30, 2011

It usually happens when I put an apostrophe in the post (what's that about anyway?)  I get a SQL (?) server error, hit the back button, and my original posting is gone and I have to start all over.  Any solution to this? ...

E-mail Error Message?
Nov 17, 2011

Anyone else having trouble checking MQ e-mail?  I keep getting an error message. ...

Script Error Message
Aug 07, 2014

Getting a lot of script error messages.  Hate to contact support as they always call when I TELL THEM NOT TO as I work nightshift & they always call when I'm working or sleeping.  Plus I can't understand them too well.  Does anyone else get the script error messages? if so, what do you do? thanks. ...

FIESA--cannot Log In Keep Getting Error Message. Anyone Else??
Nov 18, 2014

I have been getting a 405 error message for FIESA for the past two days. Anyone else?  ...

ANYONE EVER RECEIVE AN AUDIO ERROR MESSAGE?
Aug 11, 2010

No audio on my last 3 transcriptions -- get an error message, "Error starting playback (the action failed). Curious if anyone else has had this experience, and if so, what was the outcome? TIA ...

Escription Error 1 Message COMAddin
Feb 12, 2013

I'm having trouble installing escription on my laptop....get error 1 message COMAddin Also using AVG ...anyone else ever have this issue? ...

Listening To Old Dictations And Error Message?
Apr 01, 2013

I tried to go back and listen to a dictation that I got docked on in fiesa. I got an error message saying I needed Active-X which I installed, but still cannot get the audio to play. Any suggestions? is there someone I should contact about this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Help! QCare - Error Message Preventing Ticket Being Sent
Sep 24, 2010

I have never done a QCare incident before and it will not accept the incident, syaing that my ADP # is missing, but there is no place for this be put in.  Anyone know what the heck the problem is? ...

Installation Of 7l1
Oct 07, 2012

I just took the training for 7.1 and sent the pass code to my CCM.  Now do I wait for her to send me the installation instructions or what?  TIA ...

LANDesk Installation
Oct 09, 2014

Did anyone besides myself have an issue with the ihnstallation? I was able to get into Inner Circle without a problem; however, the screen shot sent looks nothing like what I was looking at after logging in. All I had was a long list and upon clicking on any of them, not one thing happened. Hovering over Resources did not do a thing, clicking on any of the tabs did not do a thing.  What a pain. Why tell us to contact supervisor if any issues; they're not techs, they don't know wha ...

Firefox Re-installation......
Jun 11, 2015

I think my Firefox files are corrupted so I'd like to reinstall the program with the same bookmarks.  I'm hesitant to do it in case something goes wrong.  Can anyone give me the steps to go thru to do this? Any help appreciated!   ...

IT Installation And Com Port Errors
Apr 28, 2015

If a tech who is testing your foot pedal after installing the software tells you that your com ports are not working, ask if he installed the foot pedal.  ...

Infinity USB-2 Foot Pedal Installation
May 27, 2011

Plugged foot pedal in and nothing. Turned off computer and turned back on, and it does not recognize the foot pedal. Are there instructions for doing this? I cannot get the pedal to work. Thanks. ...

Still Waiting For Installation And Training Dates.
Apr 17, 2012

I cannot believe how long I have been waiting to get started with Nuance.  Unbellievable!!!!  I did testing way back in middle of March.  Then had interview about March 24.  Now, about 3 weeks later, I am still waiting for installation of software.  Good for me that I do not really need this income, otherwise I think I would have left to try somewhere else.  No, I will wait a little bit more and see what happens.  Have you Nuance MT's had the same experien ...

Spell Checker
Jul 01, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a free demo or cheap spellchecker ASAP? Thanks ...

Medical Spell Checker - Most Useful?
Dec 14, 2009

What medical spell checker do y'all find most useful? What references do you like to have in hardcopy at your fingertips?   Maple Grandma ...

FACT CHECKER = WMX MANAGEMENT
Sep 02, 2010

Too late.  Too bad you didn't treat people better when this happened.  It's too late now, your reputation is ruined.  Your company will soon be history.  Then come back and let us know how all that rah-rah cheerleading is workin' for ya! ...

What Expander To Use With DQS And Spell Checker Please?
Sep 10, 2010

Can someone tell me what expander to use with DQS and spell checker please? Are these built in?  Thanks! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

Grammar Checker? But We Have To Do Verbatim.
Apr 17, 2013

Plus more corrections to ASR. Oh goody. ...

Stedman's Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2013

I have had Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker installed in my computer for a few years now.  As of this morning, it is not working, not highlighting misspelled words, etc.  I have tried reinstalling.  It shows installed.  I have tried rebooting.  What else can I do? ...

Medical Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2015

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a really good medical spell checker at a responsible price or free (LOL).  Would love some suggestions. Thanks in advance for the suggestions. ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...

Fact Checker - Those Of Us Who Have Read These Boards
Sep 02, 2010

for a while know you must be "that guy" whose responsibility it is to come here and do damage control.  Whenever something big happens in a company or an MT gets a raw deal, there is always someone who attaches themselves to a thread to blame the MT - obviously their quality sucked or clearly they didn't show up for work or everyone else is getting laid off so why not you. Here's the thing - we see you a mile away. The fact that you randomly decided to show up on the boards  ...

Medical Spell Checker Question
Oct 25, 2011

I have incorporated a medical dictionary into my Word custom dictionary, plus any new words are added into my shorthand program.  I've noticed some companies require you have a medical spell checker.  Any suggestions on a good program to purchase? ...

Best Med/Pharm Spell Checker Software
Nov 25, 2013

Can anyone tell me what is the best medical and pharmacy spell check software to use with Windows 7/MS Word 2010 / Also, does anyone know if the eScription platform comes with its own spell check or any sort of on-line references for terminology. TIA ! ...

Opinions On Inductel Spell Checker
Feb 15, 2014

Starting a new position and spell checker software is required.  She said that the brand doesn't matter so much as having one.  I used Stedman's in my old position, but it belonged to the company.  I know it isn't Stedman's, which I will be getting soon, but is the Inductel spell checker sufficient to get me through the first pay period until I purchase the Stedman's? ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Free Medical Spell Checker?
Nov 09, 2009

I recently got a new computer & have had quite a time getting all my transcription software transferred over; the only thing I am unable to transfer is my medical spellcheck.  I have used Stedmann's for sometime now but went on their site and it is $100 to purchase it.  The version I have on a disc is not supported by Vista :( Does anyone know of any other good medical spell checkers out there that are free?? ...