A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I wonder if residents think it makes them sound more intelligent - wannie

Posted: Jun 24, 2013

to spit out words at 90 miles an hour?  I wish they knew how ridiculous they sound.  Of course, this goes for some physicians who are way past residency, too.  What a morning.  This job is beginning to get on my last nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes I think - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
they hate to dictate and want to get done ASAP and don't give a flying rat's you know what, what they sound like or how difficult it makes our job.

And yet they go so fast they end up making - mistakes and have to backtrack

[ In Reply To ..]
I yell at my computer an awful lot sometimes, too. If these idiots would just slow down, they wouldn't stumble over their words and have to stop and correct themselves and they might remember to actually dictate the Phys. Exam instead of saying after the Assessment, "oh, can you go back and put this in. I forgot to add this."

Yeah, I know you forgot it. Slow down jerk face. You might do your job better.

Yelled at my poor computer yesterday - a bunch of times. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Seemed like most of my shift yesterday was dealing with those fast talkers. What gets me is they stumble over their words and have to re-dictate sections, especially labs. You would think they would take that as a hint to SLOW DOWN. The other poster is right, though, that they just want to get it over with. Actually had a doctor tell me that.

What, You Mean You Can't Understand the Squirrels on crack?? lol - smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

So did I. nm - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Wow, This Board Makes It Sound Like
Feb 17, 2010

you must be off crazy to work for medquist ...

Smacking Makes You Sound Like An Idiot
Jan 22, 2015

I have had it with these idiots who can barely dictate for making smacking noises.  That is right up there with burping/eating/peeing/chewing gum/driving/mumbling/groaning/ uhh, uhhh, uhhhh/playing with the dog/helping the kids with their homework while dictating.  If dictators were held to the same standards of dictation that we are held to as MTs, only a handful would still be dictating.  Let's cut THEIR pay when they are idiots and smack loudly after each word.  ...

A New "Compliance" Coach? Makes Us Sound Like Parolees Being Closely
Jul 21, 2014

Wonder if we'll get an "ankle bracelet."  ...

MD-IT Intelligent
Aug 22, 2013

I was wondering about MD-IT Intelligent. I see Northeast Transcription has merged with them. Are they good to work for? Do they have good pay, benefits and hours? I can't seem to really find anything on them. I don't want to apply to a company that cannot keep me busy. ...

What Ever Happened To Classy, Intelligent, Dignified People Who
Dec 28, 2011

Have you noticed the trend?  There are some posters who write thoughtful messages which are well written. They are often responded to by people who attack with the best they have to offer,  ignorant, 4-letter words. No wonder they aren't successful. I wouldn't hire them. If I hired them, I wouldn't keep them on. ...

Oh No, NOT The New Residents!!!!
Sep 11, 2012

Gotta love these new residents....I just got one who meant to say "hemotympanum" but pronounced it "hemum-ty-pure-um." I mean, I know they are new and all, but isn't medical terminology one of the first courses they took in college. It wasn't that long ago! Jeesh! ...

Residents Using Big Words
Jul 25, 2012

I am doing a Neurosurgery OR where they are doing a laminectomy with screw placement in C3 to C6. The resident just said "Due to obfuscation by the shoulder the x-ray was oblicklafied (sp?) Maybe he means oblique x-ray but just made up a new word like obliquelified? ...

Is It Just Me, Or Do The New Residents Seem More Airheaded?
Aug 12, 2012

It seems that each year's batch of residents/students are a little bit more clueless than the previous year's.  I just find myself facepalming or giving my monitor that "are you kidding me" look more often.  Maybe I'm just getting old.  Although I do try to avoid any important exams or surgeries this time of year if I can help it. ...

California Residents?
Apr 02, 2015

I am just curious how many other MTs are in California.  We may need to join forces.  ...

Residents Make Me Crazy!
Nov 02, 2010

Quote (sort of)  "This is Dr. Mumblemouth dictating an office visit on patient Sick Person, with Dr. Attending in the Lymphona Clinic.  This letter is addressed to ..." He puts this in as a completely different type of letter, then says it's an office visit, and then says it's Lymphoma clinic and THEN says this letter is addressed to.   This particular idiot resident also stumbles over himself and starts and stops so much that for every 100 lines I actually get cr ...

Wow, I Have No Patience For Interns/NP/residents Today
Dec 10, 2010

Usually I can handle all of their mistakes and quirks and just plain pointless and unnecessary babbling, but today it's been getting to me.  I swear, the way the mispronounce everything (pharnyx) and butcher meds and big words is driving me nuts.  ...

As A Diabetic, Some Of These Residents/interns Are Scary
Oct 18, 2011

Just had one dictate that this teenager took:  Insulin 300-unit meal bolus plus 1 unit per 15 g carbs.  Considering 300 units is a whole vial, that could be deadly.  Looking back at old records it was supposed to be:  Insulin 300 units/3 mL.  Meal bolus: 1 unit per 15 g carbs. ...

I Find It Funny Residents Don't Know Errors In A
May 26, 2012

I just did an ortho res who referred to a physiodesis with an A-plate.  This was clearly being said and I knew there wasn't such a thing, so I looked back at previously reports.  There were over 5 throughout the past few years with this A-plate.  Finally, I get to a report with an eight-Plate, which is what it should have been.  This just goes to show you how an error by an MT can be carried through multiple reports for years as many docs just read off them for their&nbs ...

Inscribe NOT Accepting Apps From CA Residents?
Aug 29, 2012

I went to apply with Inscribe and they have this posted: At present, InScribe is unable to accept applications from any resident of the State of California. I live in CA...I knew we were an odd bunch but I didn't know we were unemployable. If anyone knows can you please tell me WHY I can't work for them? Thank you! ...

Residents Skip Lectures To Chart
Oct 16, 2013

"Maisara Rahman, MD, who helps train family-medicine residents at a county hospital in Moreno Valley, California, noticed a while back that attendance at her lectures was falling off sharply. Dr. Rahman hadn't become boring all of a sudden. Other faculty members were noticing a lot of empty seats during their talks as well. Had the family medicine residents caught a slacker virus? No, it turns out that they were skipping lectures, lunches, and even an occasional rotation, said Dr. Rah ...

Free Coding Training For Vermont Residents
Jan 17, 2015

See the link below for an article in Health Data Management about free coding training in Vermont.   I don't know anything else about it, or how to contact them or apply, and I have no opinion on whether the program, the company involved, or the associated job offer are good, morally upstanding, free-range vegans, or potentially associated with off-planetizing to venusians in 2243.   I do think anything free is worth trying.  You have nothing to lose.       ...

What To Do When Dr. Makes You Gag
May 07, 2011

Everytime I do this doctor's transcription (ironically he is a pulmonologist) he snorts phlegm in the back of his nose right into the microphone and will even cough from it sometimes because he does it so hard. Tonight during an 11 min. dictation by him, halfway through I had to get up and run to the bathroom because I was gagging. He did it 5 times in the first 5 min. of the job.  I once reported a doc who uses voice recognition and apparently did her dictation on her lunch break WHIL ...

Makes You Wonder
Apr 15, 2013

I'm sure that the bigwigs at MM are very aware of the many disgruntled and downright angy posts on this board in the past week or two. It's sad that no one in the head office has addressed our concerns, either with a company-wide email or even a post on this site. It confirms that we are truly at the bottom of the totem pole and that they just want results, not happy employees. ...

OT Makes The TSM
Aug 03, 2014

but it sure leaves us short of work.  But, hey, at least she gets her bonus. ...

Makes No Sense...
Nov 05, 2009

dictated "5/5 strength of each s/l patellotibial and gastric bilateral extermities."  I know that is not what is being said, but everytime he says this he slurs so bad I can't make it out.  This would bring off about 5 timestamps, so please help! ...

Makes Me Sick
Dec 15, 2009

I am currently awaiting a call from my boss about going salary for my position as an MT, and I have no patience , so just for fun I googled "how much salary does a medical transciptionist get paid" and I clicked on this link to one of those question/answer sites where someone asked about the average transcriptionist's salary, and what I read made me sick. This person wrote a huge answer about what is to be an MT and how they get paid and such.  This person is claiming essentially they ...

How Much Do You Think The MTSO Makes
Mar 20, 2010

If they are paying 8 CPL how much are they getting paid per line? Any general ideas? ...

This Job Makes Me So Tired
Apr 13, 2011

It doesn't matter that I get enough sleep. MT makes me tired, sitting at the computer for hours on end. Anyone experience this? ...

What NUANCE's CEO Makes
May 14, 2011

CEO Pay Database Paul A. Ricci Chief Executive Officer NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS INC (NUAN) Headquarters: BURLINGTON, MA PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE 2010 Compensation   2010     Salary $575,000 Bonus $0 Value of Stock Awards $12,873,849 Value of Option Awards $5,818,100 Non-Equity Incentive Plan Compensation $460,000 Change in Pension Value and Deferred Compensation Earnings $0 All Other Compensation $45,182 Total $1 ...

Hey Know What Makes This Job More Tolerable??
Mar 04, 2012

Vicodin and Valium!!  Pulled my back out..sure makes the day go by fast ...

This Always Makes Me Laugh
Jul 27, 2012

when the doc says something like "he was assaulted by two gentlemen."  Well, at least they were polite about it right? ...

Really Makes You Not Want To Work!
Sep 27, 2013

I can't take much more!  I didn't get a single bad report on FIESA for 2 weeks.  Then they did that evaluation and wanted me to change my shift, being really nice to me.  I changed my shift completely this past week.  This week I get hit with 7 reports with numerous critical/major errors that I really do not remember doing at all.  Then I get nasty emails because I had been an hour short last week and the importance of working all my hours during my s ...

It Really Makes Me Mad When My Supervisor
May 09, 2014

calls for overtime because she is afraid jobs will go out of tat over the weekend and when I get on to work, I have no work on my usual 10 accounts and get work from accounts I have never heard of before!   What a way to help my line count and quality ...

Another Thing That Makes Me Go Hmm...
Mar 06, 2015

Please to explain why we have to be physically talking to a Support person in order to claim time in Webclock? Even if there's no conversation going on, they are still in the computer "attempting" to install or whatever it may be. We are still unable to work, obviously. Odd how some will say, oh we can just stay on the phone while I'm doing this, while others say they'll call back when done. Prefer to stay on the phone, it's more interactive and proper (and we should be getti ...

Makes No Sense
May 28, 2015

Get an email saying our POD is looking for people to do an hour extra....why am I still helping another group if my POD needs help? ...