A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oh No, NOT the new residents!!!! - Kiki

Posted: Sep 11, 2012

Gotta love these new residents....I just got one who meant to say "hemotympanum" but pronounced it "hemum-ty-pure-um." I mean, I know they are new and all, but isn't medical terminology one of the first courses they took in college. It wasn't that long ago! Jeesh!

RESIDENTS - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
In college, I had medical instructors who could not pronounce medical terms and medications, and even taught them wrong. I did not know it until I became a MT.

Shoot some of the old docs cant pronounce things - especially meds

[ In Reply To ..]
And dont get me started on the rehab people, they are the worst

Or spell meds correctly either. - No message below.

[ In Reply To ..]
:P

Similar Messages:

Residents Using Big Words
Jul 25, 2012

I am doing a Neurosurgery OR where they are doing a laminectomy with screw placement in C3 to C6. The resident just said "Due to obfuscation by the shoulder the x-ray was oblicklafied (sp?) Maybe he means oblique x-ray but just made up a new word like obliquelified? ...

Is It Just Me, Or Do The New Residents Seem More Airheaded?
Aug 12, 2012

It seems that each year's batch of residents/students are a little bit more clueless than the previous year's.  I just find myself facepalming or giving my monitor that "are you kidding me" look more often.  Maybe I'm just getting old.  Although I do try to avoid any important exams or surgeries this time of year if I can help it. ...

California Residents?
Apr 02, 2015

I am just curious how many other MTs are in California.  We may need to join forces.  ...

Residents Make Me Crazy!
Nov 02, 2010

Quote (sort of)  "This is Dr. Mumblemouth dictating an office visit on patient Sick Person, with Dr. Attending in the Lymphona Clinic.  This letter is addressed to ..." He puts this in as a completely different type of letter, then says it's an office visit, and then says it's Lymphoma clinic and THEN says this letter is addressed to.   This particular idiot resident also stumbles over himself and starts and stops so much that for every 100 lines I actually get cr ...

Wow, I Have No Patience For Interns/NP/residents Today
Dec 10, 2010

Usually I can handle all of their mistakes and quirks and just plain pointless and unnecessary babbling, but today it's been getting to me.  I swear, the way the mispronounce everything (pharnyx) and butcher meds and big words is driving me nuts.  ...

As A Diabetic, Some Of These Residents/interns Are Scary
Oct 18, 2011

Just had one dictate that this teenager took:  Insulin 300-unit meal bolus plus 1 unit per 15 g carbs.  Considering 300 units is a whole vial, that could be deadly.  Looking back at old records it was supposed to be:  Insulin 300 units/3 mL.  Meal bolus: 1 unit per 15 g carbs. ...

I Find It Funny Residents Don't Know Errors In A
May 26, 2012

I just did an ortho res who referred to a physiodesis with an A-plate.  This was clearly being said and I knew there wasn't such a thing, so I looked back at previously reports.  There were over 5 throughout the past few years with this A-plate.  Finally, I get to a report with an eight-Plate, which is what it should have been.  This just goes to show you how an error by an MT can be carried through multiple reports for years as many docs just read off them for their&nbs ...

Inscribe NOT Accepting Apps From CA Residents?
Aug 29, 2012

I went to apply with Inscribe and they have this posted: At present, InScribe is unable to accept applications from any resident of the State of California. I live in CA...I knew we were an odd bunch but I didn't know we were unemployable. If anyone knows can you please tell me WHY I can't work for them? Thank you! ...

I Wonder If Residents Think It Makes Them Sound More Intelligent
Jun 24, 2013

to spit out words at 90 miles an hour?  I wish they knew how ridiculous they sound.  Of course, this goes for some physicians who are way past residency, too.  What a morning.  This job is beginning to get on my last nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Residents Skip Lectures To Chart
Oct 16, 2013

"Maisara Rahman, MD, who helps train family-medicine residents at a county hospital in Moreno Valley, California, noticed a while back that attendance at her lectures was falling off sharply. Dr. Rahman hadn't become boring all of a sudden. Other faculty members were noticing a lot of empty seats during their talks as well. Had the family medicine residents caught a slacker virus? No, it turns out that they were skipping lectures, lunches, and even an occasional rotation, said Dr. Rah ...

Free Coding Training For Vermont Residents
Jan 17, 2015

See the link below for an article in Health Data Management about free coding training in Vermont.   I don't know anything else about it, or how to contact them or apply, and I have no opinion on whether the program, the company involved, or the associated job offer are good, morally upstanding, free-range vegans, or potentially associated with off-planetizing to venusians in 2243.   I do think anything free is worth trying.  You have nothing to lose.       ...