A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Residents make me crazy! - Crazy Annie

Posted: Nov 02, 2010

Quote (sort of)  "This is Dr. Mumblemouth dictating an office visit on patient Sick Person, with Dr. Attending in the Lymphona Clinic.  This letter is addressed to ..."

He puts this in as a completely different type of letter, then says it's an office visit, and then says it's Lymphoma clinic and THEN says this letter is addressed to.  

This particular idiot resident also stumbles over himself and starts and stops so much that for every 100 lines I actually get credit for with him I think I type an extra 30 or so.

It's been a long, not very productive afternoon for me so far.  It's going to be a long night.   Oh well.  Onward and upward into the fray!!!

This is why better to be paid per dictated minute - Scratching my head

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been paid both ways, and at least when you get one of those idiots, which I get plenty of too, you're getting paid for all the umming and awing and "oh could you go back and change what I said there" and "oh can you delete all that and start over again, I was looking at the wrong chart," etc.

I have a couple I wish I could do that with - Crazy Annie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have one who is a non English speaker who gets confused and starts over at the beginning of the sentence sometimes after he's dictated the whole sentence and onto the next one, and sometimes 2 or 3 times. There was one night where 6 minutes into the recording and I only had 6 lines to show for it because of his starting over again so much.

I'd make a bundle on him, that's for sure.

Similar Messages:

Wow, PAs Dictating Make Me Crazy
Mar 26, 2012

As dictated:  "She does have occasional nausea, mostly associated with her chemotherapy regimen; however, she denies any nausea."   ...

Oh No, NOT The New Residents!!!!
Sep 11, 2012

Gotta love these new residents....I just got one who meant to say "hemotympanum" but pronounced it "hemum-ty-pure-um." I mean, I know they are new and all, but isn't medical terminology one of the first courses they took in college. It wasn't that long ago! Jeesh! ...

Residents Using Big Words
Jul 25, 2012

I am doing a Neurosurgery OR where they are doing a laminectomy with screw placement in C3 to C6. The resident just said "Due to obfuscation by the shoulder the x-ray was oblicklafied (sp?) Maybe he means oblique x-ray but just made up a new word like obliquelified? ...

Is It Just Me, Or Do The New Residents Seem More Airheaded?
Aug 12, 2012

It seems that each year's batch of residents/students are a little bit more clueless than the previous year's.  I just find myself facepalming or giving my monitor that "are you kidding me" look more often.  Maybe I'm just getting old.  Although I do try to avoid any important exams or surgeries this time of year if I can help it. ...

California Residents?
Apr 02, 2015

I am just curious how many other MTs are in California.  We may need to join forces.  ...

Wow, I Have No Patience For Interns/NP/residents Today
Dec 10, 2010

Usually I can handle all of their mistakes and quirks and just plain pointless and unnecessary babbling, but today it's been getting to me.  I swear, the way the mispronounce everything (pharnyx) and butcher meds and big words is driving me nuts.  ...

As A Diabetic, Some Of These Residents/interns Are Scary
Oct 18, 2011

Just had one dictate that this teenager took:  Insulin 300-unit meal bolus plus 1 unit per 15 g carbs.  Considering 300 units is a whole vial, that could be deadly.  Looking back at old records it was supposed to be:  Insulin 300 units/3 mL.  Meal bolus: 1 unit per 15 g carbs. ...

I Find It Funny Residents Don't Know Errors In A
May 26, 2012

I just did an ortho res who referred to a physiodesis with an A-plate.  This was clearly being said and I knew there wasn't such a thing, so I looked back at previously reports.  There were over 5 throughout the past few years with this A-plate.  Finally, I get to a report with an eight-Plate, which is what it should have been.  This just goes to show you how an error by an MT can be carried through multiple reports for years as many docs just read off them for their&nbs ...

Inscribe NOT Accepting Apps From CA Residents?
Aug 29, 2012

I went to apply with Inscribe and they have this posted: At present, InScribe is unable to accept applications from any resident of the State of California. I live in CA...I knew we were an odd bunch but I didn't know we were unemployable. If anyone knows can you please tell me WHY I can't work for them? Thank you! ...

I Wonder If Residents Think It Makes Them Sound More Intelligent
Jun 24, 2013

to spit out words at 90 miles an hour?  I wish they knew how ridiculous they sound.  Of course, this goes for some physicians who are way past residency, too.  What a morning.  This job is beginning to get on my last nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Residents Skip Lectures To Chart
Oct 16, 2013

"Maisara Rahman, MD, who helps train family-medicine residents at a county hospital in Moreno Valley, California, noticed a while back that attendance at her lectures was falling off sharply. Dr. Rahman hadn't become boring all of a sudden. Other faculty members were noticing a lot of empty seats during their talks as well. Had the family medicine residents caught a slacker virus? No, it turns out that they were skipping lectures, lunches, and even an occasional rotation, said Dr. Rah ...

Free Coding Training For Vermont Residents
Jan 17, 2015

See the link below for an article in Health Data Management about free coding training in Vermont.   I don't know anything else about it, or how to contact them or apply, and I have no opinion on whether the program, the company involved, or the associated job offer are good, morally upstanding, free-range vegans, or potentially associated with off-planetizing to venusians in 2243.   I do think anything free is worth trying.  You have nothing to lose.       ...

Am I Crazy???
Apr 14, 2011

My boss has offered me a 3rd shift position working 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.  I work days now 10 a.m to 6 p.m.  This 3rd position appeals to me because there would be no interruptions and hopefully my production would get even better.  I could be up in the morning around 10-11 am and have the rest of the day to run errands, grocery shop or just do some baking which sounds wonderful.  I am usually a day person, but this sounds intriguing. I realize the first couple of weeks would ...

OK This Is Crazy,
Nov 21, 2012

ASR: The patient had history of DVT and PE. Dictated: Allergies none. This is getting really bad,,,first the simple act of breathing into the phone prints out things that "could" be relevant to the current report..now something like this..Guess it is keeping us employed cause you cant send this stuff through un-edited. ...

Crazy ASR
Aug 09, 2013

Today is frequently adding an extra word of "some" to much of the editing I am doing.  Is it EVER going to learn??????????? ...

AM I CRAZY? I MUST BE.
Aug 23, 2013

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”Albert Einstein Well, it suddenly hit me this morning.  With all the changes in this industry over the last 10 years (that's how long I've been in it), and no improvement in working conditions in sight, WHY AM I still doing it?  I must be insane!  I think I must have self-hypnotized myself into thinking that if I keep looking, I'll find some MT position that pays well ...

Maybe I Am Crazy
May 13, 2014

Has anyone else noticed a change in some of the CPs? I KNOW my so-called "primary" account CP  used to say "REPORT FORMATTING:  DQS Guidelines."  It now says "REPORT FORMATTING:  AAMT BOS" and I am getting dinged for things that used to be SOP. ...

Am I Going Crazy?
Jul 01, 2014

Or senile?  Yes, I am getting ready to retire but I still take pride in my work.   How can I have a report out of the blue that is so full of errors, errors I am sure I did not make and then the rest of my reports are 100%.  It is one I sent to QA.  Is it possible that it could have been changed by one QA and then passed on with mistakes?  Am I being paranoid? This makes me very anxious.   Also, has this ever happened to anyon ...

Am I Crazy?
Jan 29, 2015

......because I could not meet productivity requirements.  I swore I would never apply for another transcription job again.  Well, due to unforeseen circumstances, I am now in dire need of a job RIGHT NOW!  I was employee status before, but I am now considering applying for an independent contractor job, thinking that might be a better fit for me, at least until I find a job outside of MT.  Thinking about giving it a try.  At least I would have some income for a little w ...

This Drives Me Crazy DQS
Dec 01, 2009

What the ASR typed: sodium was 137, potassium five.  It does this all the time.  Why would it put the numbers on the sodium and spell out the number for the potassium?  ...

I Am Just Glad I Am Not Crazy
Jul 02, 2010

This is what I have been complaining about for a while now -- that my ASR accounts are HORRIBLE.  They are not even putting out anything that makes sense, lots of gibberish, sometimes made-up words, and is taking a huge amount of time to edit this bunk.  At least now some other accounts are doing the same thing and I know I am not nuts.  ASR is regressing.  ...

This NP Is Making Me Crazy!!!
Nov 21, 2010

Honest to Pete, this woman has no clue about pronunciation.  A couple of reports ago she's reading a radiology report and says very clearly "primitive destruction" and then goes on to spell it "permeative."  Those are two very different words and to me have very different pronunciations. Now she's on a patient who has had chemoradiation therapy, "altima" and zometa.  Umm, you mean Alimta?  It's going to be a long afternoon.  ...

Driving Me Crazy!
Dec 03, 2010

This physician, not a resident either, is SPELLING words like -- no joke -- chest, lungs, abdomen and with every date, telling me to put the slash marks in.  Whatdehay does he think I'm getting paid for?  I am supposed to know s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g !!!!  oh my goodness.  I just had to tell someone that understands. Thanks for listening. ...

Crazy Question
Dec 11, 2010

This is really silly.  What is the plural of "bolus?"  Boluses looks (and sounds) awkward, but everything I've found backs that up.   ...

Driving Me Crazy!!
Dec 30, 2010

I wish there was a program for MTs that would take "..um.." out of dictations.  ...

NJA Driving Me Crazy
Feb 28, 2011

I'll take terrible ESLs, 30-second reports - anything over NJA.  Makes me crazy.  I sit here, hands hovering above the keyboard, breath bated, just waiting for a job - any job.  The transcription schools keep churning out grads, and those grads keep posting on these forums, asking who's hiring?  where can they find work?  who hired newbies? - but even veterans don't have work.  How am I supposed to pay my mortgage?  ...

Crazy Question But...
Aug 17, 2011

what does it mean when a transcriptionist types (s/l:) and then a word? ...

Ok, Call Me Crazy But . . . .
Sep 01, 2011

here?  it seems pretty simple to me.  I type, you pay.  I meet TAT, you meet payroll.  apparently 2+2 does not = 4?  ...

What Is UP With This Crazy Company?
Sep 14, 2011

I quit the Q last month after my account vanished without any warning and am happily working for another company. I got a call today from some lady from MedQuist asking me if I would answer some questions regarding why I left. I told her I was working at my current job and could not take the time at the moment (something that rarely happened at MQ - having work, that is). Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask and how you answered their questions? I guess I'm just flabbergasted th ...

This Drives Me Crazy!!!
Nov 03, 2012

It just drives me nuts when a doctor says "Patient has a history of whatever in the past."  Duh, isn't that kind of redundant?  History is always in the past.  That's why it's history!  ...