A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am so sick of FIESA I could scream. Had to send a report - wannie

Posted: Jun 30, 2013

with lots of blanks because of poor quality.  What happens?  I get hit with MULTIPLE invalid blanks. That is ridiculous.  Would they rather have me guess.  I don't care if everybody else in the company can hear it, if I can't then I WILL NOT guess just to keep from having to send it to QA or QC or whoever gets it.  There is nothing whatsoever constructive about FIESA.  All it does is stress people out.

Agreed - been there

[ In Reply To ..]
How long are we all going to put up with this? There needs to be a mass sick out or we all need to quit. We can break this company. We have that power. There are plenty of jobs at McDonald's and Burger King for us all! Let's do this!

I have a panic attack - Shades

[ In Reply To ..]
every time I upload a report. I finally quit checking my rating. I'd end up with an ulcer.

same thing - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the same thing last week. It was a 30 minute dictation with an ESL dictator who was new and I had never ever heard before and I listened to this dictation twice trying my best to fill in all the blanks that I had to leave. I left an inordinate amount of blanks but felt I had no choice and in FIESA it came back with all these invalid blanks. I also had no prior dictation of his to look at either. What a gigantic waste of time I put into that dictation. Never again will I waste MY time to go back and try and fill in all this and then get hit with all this invalid blank crap.

FIESA - NeeNee

[ In Reply To ..]
What does FIESA even stand for? I just quit Nuisance (um, I mean Nuance) and am not sorry for 1 second. Biggest BS I ever encountered in all regards. I could easily make more money at Rally's, Burger King or any fast food restaraunt flipping burgers but the point they don't get OR even care about, is experienced MT's are still wanting to work in their trained profression but they think we don't realize all we are now is lower than slave labor. I never earned more than $30-40 a day because of the constant humping thru hoops to complete on voice edit draft. There are still companies out there that hire 100% traditional transcription and they do not have offshore teams in India as well. Also I was told by a QA person at Nuance that off the QA audits are done by QAs in India. Probably because they work for even cheaper than we production MTs do. Its really a shame there is no respect anymore for a job well done and no equivalent pay for such.

Offshore QA....sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm actively searching for ANYTHING to get me out of this job with Nuance. I love transcription, but you're definitely right about jumping through hoops for sometimes less than minimum wage. The amount of NON-production work that they want us to do is ridiculous, i.e. check FIESA at least daily or more, take this or that Enrich course (NOT on the clock, mind you), and the list goes on.

I know of NO other employer who requires their employees to work for free and off the clock in ANY profession, whether it be at home or outside the home.

And you're also right about the offshore QA. All of my post audits have been done by offshore QA, and I voiced my opinion about that to my TSM at the very beginning. I don't for one minute believe that an offshore QA person has enough experience and/or knowledge of the English language or grammar to be reviewing and correcting an American MT's work.

FIESA - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I decided this week that I am never ever going to review anything in FIESA. I just delete the nastygrams and go about my work. There is nothing I can change and it will be less stress. They don't pay me to check and re-listen so why should I?

You know that little blank where we're supposed to put "reviewed" and our initials... - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have put much more than just "reviewed" and my initials. I feel like I am entitled to defend myself! :)

You're wasting your time unless you know that it's just for your - own venting benefit.

[ In Reply To ..]

I was told multiple times that nobody ever or rarely reads what's in that box, that's why it's recommended that you just put "Reviewed/xx" and submit, which takes it out of needing to be reviewed mode

Yep, I figured that since....sm - LoveMT
[ In Reply To ..]
There's a report to be "reviewed" on mine, BUT the only problem is the report WASN'T done by me. I'm not cleared for the account and have NEVER worked on it. I put that in the comments/review section probably about 6 weeks ago, but it's still there with it's "major errors", all the while bringing my percentage score down.

Then again, if I put in the "reviewed" section a note on what I have questions on for that particular report, I'll be able to see it later on, especially for the ones that I have requested reversal on and STILL have not heard anything about (whether it was reviewed and will be reversed or not).

FIESA - 2nd try on this question. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
can a person just ignore the whole FIESA nightmare and the emails and get away with it? On this board it sounds like it is possible, but I'd like to be sure. TIA.

Maybe--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My TL recently sent out a message that we are expected to check FIESA and that they will be checking. I will probably log in about once a month, but that is it. The things I send in are for blanks that having samples, etc. would not help with. Some doctors are just bad and I know it. If it is something recurrent, then I check. If I am training on a new account, I check and the other stuff, I do not worry about.

I'm in QA and HATE Fiesa - sm - qamls

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree and have had multiple discussions with my manager that it is ridiculous to count off for blanks because it is better than guessing. You can tell when someone is just putting a blank because they don't want to look something up to check and in my opinion that is the only time MTs should be counted off for blanks. I was told the hospital doesn't like blanks, but I'm sure they don't want inaccurate info either. She said they are hoping it will cut down and make the MTs responsible for looking stuff up, which I get to but most of the blanks that are being counted for are blanks that can't be looked up because the doctor dictates like crap.

Fiesa is a nightmare - for you and for us in QA. It is time consuming and I'm not sure how it is supposed to be helpful at all.

I'm with you. I am in a region where they are - always yelling at us for TAT and

[ In Reply To ..]
want us to use fiesa to QA the reports. It really slows us down and I'm not the only one that feels this way. I think it only makes MLS more paranoid with it so I don't see the benefit at all.

I ignore QC scores and could not care less how many blanks I have - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This new deduction for blanks won't make me look harder to fill them in. I refuse to fill in any word I am not 100% positive about because if I dare to make a judgement call I get a lot bigger deduction than an "unnecessary blank" deduction. God forbid I should put the word "the" instead of "an." I mean obviously someone could DIE over that and thus it is a critical error.

There is a total lack of respect for the MT at Nuance from the QC people on up.

Similar Messages:

I Am So Sick Of FIESA I Could Scream. I Find It
Dec 04, 2013

incredibly strange that an offshore QA and an offshore QA supervisor can better understand an American, English-speaking physician better than me or my TL.     ...

I Am SO SICK Of Lazy Dictators. Have Had To Send
Mar 05, 2012

multiple reports to QA this morning because of one PA's absolute laziness.  ...

I Wish We Could Send A Report Through With
Apr 05, 2010

one sentence. YOU HAVE TO REDICTATE THIS REPORT BECAUSE THE AUDIO IS SUCH CRAP THAT I COULD ONLY HEAR EVERY OTHER WORD AT BEST.   Seriously! I have a 255s discharge summary right now and the static is SO bad that I can only hear every other word, and sometimes not even that much.  How am I supposed to deal with that?  We should not have to struggle through reports like this where the audio is the problem.  There should be a way to kick it back to the client or something w ...

Going To Dispute Every FIESA Error I Can Until They Are Sick Of Me
Aug 02, 2013

Yes this may be futile, but instead of just griping about it, I am going to start disputing only my post audit (the ones that count) corrections that I feel are wrong.  Yes this may take up some time, but so does posting on this board and I am truly fed up with it and if we all start taking a little time to really start questioning the QC being done to us maybe we can make some sort of difference.  Even if they don't reverse it and even if they don't answer you back - they ST ...

Would You Send Report To QA For Drug Reaction?
Apr 15, 2010

Would you send a report to QA for a discrepancy if there is a major drug reaction indicated in the report? Patient had angioplasty and stenting less than 1 year ago and is on Plavix. Dictator states that he is going to place him on Protonix for GERD. This is a major drug reaction. I don't know if it would be overstepping my bounds as an MT to point this out to the dictator or if it would be appropriate as it is part of my job to look out for discrepancies. Any advice? TIA! ...

Listening To Report In Fiesa.
Jun 10, 2013

I this just wishful thinking on my end to do I remember when they first switched to the new Fiesa a way to actually listen to reports from there so we can check our work?  ...

Report Audited In Fiesa Is One I Did Not Do
Jan 24, 2015

I checked my Fiesa today just after my shift and saw a report that was supposedly done by me, even had my HRID number, but I did NOT transcribe this report.  I only worked 3 hours today and I would have remembered this one. It was a very, very long report, and I ONLY got a bunch of short ones today. I did not do this report.   It also was a WT I rarely get and definitely did NOT get today.  I tried to be open and so I really looked at it, thinking maybe I ...

Fiesa Fiasco Had A Bad Report Show Up
Dec 23, 2012

Well, I had a bad report show up.  Was not running at 100% anyway and now this puts me just a hair under 98%.  Am I likely to be terminated or what is likely to happen? ...

Checked FIESA To Find A Report I Did
Dec 14, 2014

a report with poor sound quality and one of the worst dictators I have ever come across in my 15 years as an MT.  She was ESL (of course though they aren't all bad), and she kept changing her mind, talking to other people around here, dictating at the speed of light....you get it.....So, apparently I misheard her say "hemoglobin 7" instead of 11.  As you all know, that is a critical error.  And I guess it IS---However, in the case where the dictator speaks ...

Due To "failing" Audit, I Am So Reluctant To Send The Report.
Feb 12, 2015

Don't agree with all the niggly points taken off, but I haven't spoken to QA because I have absolutely nothing to say that doesn't involve bad words and attitude. I have so had it. You want me to be Ms English grammar expert, but only for minimum wage?? Heck, I will do good for the past, and at the very least, be functional grammar-wise, especially with the dictation I get. I am also not going to spend my time off studying the AAMT BOS for minimum wage. I'll spend my tim ...

How Do You Send The Question? Typed It, But What Do I Check To Send It?
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

FIESA Comment "Downgraded As Clear Throughout The Report"
Apr 13, 2015

I recently had 0.25 error in FIESA for having "complaining of lateral-sided pain" instead of "complaining of left lateral-sided pain."  The comment that the reviewer made was "Downgraded as clear throughout the report." What does that mean exactly? I rarely ever see any comments at all from them. It's usually just whatever the error was and that's it. Maybe I'm just having a brain fart moment here, but I don't understand what this comment means. Any insight would be ...

I Am Going To Scream If.....
Nov 11, 2009

I get 1 more job from this resident (yes, I said resident) and have to listen to her talk about axillIARY nodes, the oropharNYX, whether the patient is orientATed, and receiving PheneGRIn.  Are there no requirements in medical school any more?  And, God forbid, she put together a reasonable sentence that actually has  a subject and verb that agree, as well as one that makes some sense instead of being all run together.  Thanks for listening to my vent.  Just too many rep ...

I Could SCREAM. Sm
Nov 05, 2010

I know, I know ... all been said before but I need to VENT !  aarrrggggg Not submitting QA checked box but reports are being QA'd, so took a look -- In past, QA person and I haggled about capitalizing (told it is, i.e., Emergency Room NOT emergency room). For last month, moved to new account/region/CCM and these QA "experts" are marking me for ERRORS for capitalizing the example above (as previously instructed). CP states acct is VERBATIM and "do not add headings" -- ...

I Am About To SCREAM
Jan 08, 2015

I am NOT KIDDING and I am not exaggerating I just spent one SOLID HOUR on a 500 second report from one of the worst dictators I've ever heard in my entire 16-year career, hands down.  I literally made NOTHING for ONE FULL HOUR.  Nothing.  Almost 50 blanks and one full hour later, I honestly could not have given a crap by the end.  They got what they got.   I am seriously pissed off right now.  That dictator needs to be punched in the face. ...

Need To Scream And Vent And Then Ask ... (sm)
Jan 06, 2011

I have been a MT for over 23 years and have always received praise regarding the work that I produce.  Grant you, I am not a CMT and I definitely do not have the "know" that a lot of MTs have but still, as I said, I have held MANY jobs in this industry and have never had any complaints. Within the last two weeks I have tested for two different companies, most recent Probity, on MTtest and have FAILED both!!  With Probity I never made it to the transcription portion of the test before ...

I NEED A PILLOW TO SCREAM........
Jun 24, 2015

I seem to be getting all mumblers and speed demons today!!!!!  Lord, PLEASE deliver me!!!!! ...

Primal Scream Time
Nov 24, 2010

Is it just me, or are there some days when you just can't understand a normally easy dictator?  I've had this all day long today.   People who are usually very easy to transcribe are suddenly talking like they've got a mouthful of marbles or they're skipping back and forth all over the report.    YAAAHHHH!!! Boy, do I feel better!!  ...

Thanks For Letting Your Kid Scream In The Phone
Jul 15, 2012

try and stop the rining in my ears and get through your dictation as the kid continually talks in the background...common sense please... ...

If I See One More Quality Update Im Gonna Scream
May 18, 2014

I am so freaking sick of this crap..Suspend the coder program because there is too much work? What did you do to make everyone leave should be your first question.. I can give you the answer 99.7% accuracy and daily constant threats of audits. This gets really really old. ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Where To Send W-4? Anyone?
Aug 04, 2010

Need to change my federal tax withholding.  Filled out new W4, but can't find anywhere on MQ Central that says where to send it.  Anyone know? ...

Do You Ever Send Anything
Aug 11, 2010

:) ...

What To Send To QA And When To Not?
Apr 06, 2011

Can anyone tell me what I should be sending to QA or if I even should be.  I get tired of getting docked for something they cannot even figure out but yet it is me who gets the pay cut.  I am afraid to send anything to them because most of the time QA sends it back to me not knowing what they said either.  ...

When To Send To QA?!
Sep 21, 2011

After getting mixed messages as to how many blanks in a report are needed in order to be automatically sent to QA, I finally have the final number of needing a minimum of 5 blanks.   But because I am new at this field, I find myself with reports of 1 or 2 blanks that are of something that someone with more experience would know. Operative reports have all sorts of instrumentation that I just do not know and trying to look them up from what I hear just doesn't yield any reliable resul ...

Would You Send Your...
Sep 05, 2012

references at the time you apply for an MT position?  I see a company asking for that on the job board and wondered how one would get around that.  There is no way I would send that until I was offered a position first.  Or am I just out of touch? ...

I Wonder When TSM BK Will Send Out Her
Aug 15, 2013

on-call back-up MTs for the Labor Day weekend? Makes me laugh. She always expects this unforeseen deluge of reports because, gosh, you just never can tell when those doctors will start dictating hundreds of reports over the holiday.  Way too inexperienced to be in her positon.  Obviously never an MT or she would not even begin to ask for extra help during a holiday. Never enough work for those that are scheduled and then also for the following week.  ...

When Do You Send To QA
Apr 18, 2014

If you have 10 reports all with blanks, when do you determine a report is routed to QA versus striaght to the client?  How many out of 10 would you say you send?   ...

IC Tax - Have To Send Out 1099?
Jan 28, 2010

Was considering working for a company that says they hire IC.  Can anyone tell me, if an MTSO is hiring ICs, to they have to send out 1099s to all their ICs at the end of the year, or is it up to the IC to keep track of?  ...

Reminder To Self: Do Not Send Anything To QA!
May 03, 2010

Okay, it was the end of the week and on my very last document I had 1 word that I could not get - so I sent it to QA.  Lo and behold!  The entire document was picked apart for ridiculous things and some things were even changed incorrectly.  All that and my blank space WAS NOT even filled in!  No more QA for me! ...