A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Thanks for letting your kid scream in the phone - Ill peel myself off the ceiling now

Posted: Jul 15, 2012

try and stop the rining in my ears and get through your dictation as the kid continually talks in the background...common sense please...

Nice. On the wrong day, that would mean an instant migraine for me. - crank

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you had to deal with it. :/

Here is mine: Worst dictator in the world - Dictating in a tunnel

[ In Reply To ..]
while running a nailing gun.

It's not transcription, it's a hearing test - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
About 95% of all the work on my accounts is dictated from the nurses' stations. I read an article recently that said monitors were being moved from nurses' stations to quieter locations because no one could hear the monitors beeping yet they expect us to hear the dictators who can't speak English to begin with and are doing all the other usual things - yawning, eating, etc. I guess among our other underpaid skills we are supposed to have superhuman hearing.

speaking of hearing how many have that constant - Ringing...drives me nuts

[ In Reply To ..]
combination of things through my life but this sure hasnt helped..

Constant ringing YES! sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
I have ringing, screeching, clicking, hissing in my head all the time!! I blame it on using those stethoscope-type headphones for many years and having the dictation piped directly onto my TMs. It is terrible and I wish it would go away but I'm also sure it's probably not going to. Anyone else here with this problem?
YES! Same problem and 85% hearing loss in left ear..sm - Fossil
[ In Reply To ..]
due to this work for over 40 years. I am in the process of getting hearing aids which should be in this week.
And me - soapie12
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, had it for years now. Now that I think about it, started shortly after I got into MT work. I had a doc diagnose me with Meniere's disease. My doc described it as constriction of the blood vessels in my ears due to smoking and should clear up when I stop.......its been years and its still there. Anybody else with the ringing get dizzy or vertigo occasionally too? Yep, the ringing could be causing that too. Hey, hey, ladies, WORK COMP!! DISABILITY!! Hee, hee, not yet but definitely keep those in mind should I have to stop working because of it.

How about a crying baby on one shoulder and - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
the phone on the other. Or swearing up a storm while dictating when driving home and having an MVA. Or 30 minutes of dirty jokes with a drug rep. Or background gossip about the people you work with. Or being so tired you leave a 4-hour dictation that consists of the same 2-line beginning over [snoring] and over [snoring] and over [snoring]and over (I put it on speaker and did other work to see if she'd ever finish it. She didn't).

LMAO guess I shouldnt complain - wonder how u transcribe snore

[ In Reply To ..]
But I think I would have tried...

Similar Messages:

Has Transportal Been Letting A Lot Of MTs Go?
Aug 02, 2010

I have heard that Transportal has been letting a lot of MTs go here lately.  Just curious if this is true or not. ...

If It's True That They Are Letting People Go Who
Jun 05, 2010

make the most per line - then isn't it ironic that they were offering pay increases to those who went through the (expensive) certification process?  That was a great way for ADHI to make $$ and then they would cut any MT who was making more! Catch-22! ...

Congrats To MModal For Letting Us Know
May 13, 2012

Thank you, MModal!  I always knew we didn't specifically get paid for looking things up (part of the job), but what I didn't know was that it was affecting our line counts for trying to look things up.  Yeah!  Something actually honest for a change.  LOL. ...

Start Letting Our Schools Fight For Us!!
Aug 22, 2010

I just sent an email to the school I graduated from (Career Step).  I told them (they probably already know) HOW BAD IT HAS GOTTEN - replaced by cheaper East Indian so-called transcriptionists, no work, no benefits - give me a break!  Hopefully they have enough pull (and connections) to stand up for us, otherwise, they will be out of business soon too!  Let's stand up and fight.  WE ARE NOT TRAINED MONKEYS.  We have all studied and worked too hard for this to h ...

I Am Going To Scream If.....
Nov 11, 2009

I get 1 more job from this resident (yes, I said resident) and have to listen to her talk about axillIARY nodes, the oropharNYX, whether the patient is orientATed, and receiving PheneGRIn.  Are there no requirements in medical school any more?  And, God forbid, she put together a reasonable sentence that actually has  a subject and verb that agree, as well as one that makes some sense instead of being all run together.  Thanks for listening to my vent.  Just too many rep ...

I Could SCREAM. Sm
Nov 05, 2010

I know, I know ... all been said before but I need to VENT !  aarrrggggg Not submitting QA checked box but reports are being QA'd, so took a look -- In past, QA person and I haggled about capitalizing (told it is, i.e., Emergency Room NOT emergency room). For last month, moved to new account/region/CCM and these QA "experts" are marking me for ERRORS for capitalizing the example above (as previously instructed). CP states acct is VERBATIM and "do not add headings" -- ...

I Am About To SCREAM
Jan 08, 2015

I am NOT KIDDING and I am not exaggerating I just spent one SOLID HOUR on a 500 second report from one of the worst dictators I've ever heard in my entire 16-year career, hands down.  I literally made NOTHING for ONE FULL HOUR.  Nothing.  Almost 50 blanks and one full hour later, I honestly could not have given a crap by the end.  They got what they got.   I am seriously pissed off right now.  That dictator needs to be punched in the face. ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

Need To Scream And Vent And Then Ask ... (sm)
Jan 06, 2011

I have been a MT for over 23 years and have always received praise regarding the work that I produce.  Grant you, I am not a CMT and I definitely do not have the "know" that a lot of MTs have but still, as I said, I have held MANY jobs in this industry and have never had any complaints. Within the last two weeks I have tested for two different companies, most recent Probity, on MTtest and have FAILED both!!  With Probity I never made it to the transcription portion of the test before ...

I NEED A PILLOW TO SCREAM........
Jun 24, 2015

I seem to be getting all mumblers and speed demons today!!!!!  Lord, PLEASE deliver me!!!!! ...

Primal Scream Time
Nov 24, 2010

Is it just me, or are there some days when you just can't understand a normally easy dictator?  I've had this all day long today.   People who are usually very easy to transcribe are suddenly talking like they've got a mouthful of marbles or they're skipping back and forth all over the report.    YAAAHHHH!!! Boy, do I feel better!!  ...

I Am So Sick Of FIESA I Could Scream. I Find It
Dec 04, 2013

incredibly strange that an offshore QA and an offshore QA supervisor can better understand an American, English-speaking physician better than me or my TL.     ...

If I See One More Quality Update Im Gonna Scream
May 18, 2014

I am so freaking sick of this crap..Suspend the coder program because there is too much work? What did you do to make everyone leave should be your first question.. I can give you the answer 99.7% accuracy and daily constant threats of audits. This gets really really old. ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

I Am So Sick Of FIESA I Could Scream. Had To Send A Report
Jun 30, 2013

with lots of blanks because of poor quality.  What happens?  I get hit with MULTIPLE invalid blanks. That is ridiculous.  Would they rather have me guess.  I don't care if everybody else in the company can hear it, if I can't then I WILL NOT guess just to keep from having to send it to QA or QC or whoever gets it.  There is nothing whatsoever constructive about FIESA.  All it does is stress people out. ...

Stop Letting These Companies Advertise Their "jobs" Here....sm
Apr 17, 2011

8 cpl is what I started at 6 or 7 years ago, I'm still seeing this number and of course much lower. How are companies getting away with this nonsense of not paying for spaces, paying 5 cpl, etc. In my opinion 8 cpl + typing for large teaching hospitals with 18 pages of specifications = really low pay. The one way I can think to put an end to these companies and their crappy pay, besides no one taking these jobs, is to stop letting them advertise on MT stars and other MT boards unless they ...

AT&T Phone That Is NOT A Smart Phone?
Aug 07, 2011

Daughter needs a need phone.  Don't want to have to buy a data plan.  What is NOT a Smart Phone these days, but has a full keyboard for texting?  Thanks. ...

Phone #
Jul 31, 2010

Did anyone get an e-mail from you CCM giving you a phone # to call when you run out of work? Has anybody tried this yet? ...

C Phone
Sep 09, 2010

I am a newbie and have noticed on some of the job postings that they require you to have a c phone. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is used for and if it is common to have to use one and why it seems most are not company supplied ? ...

C-phone Or Dvi Phone
Nov 06, 2010

What is a C-phone and DVI.  If I have high speed internet from cable company and also unlimited phone service from same cable service is that a way I can work with DVI or C-phone??   I appreciate any help!!!!  Thanks, Ava ...

Do You Like Your Phone?
Feb 11, 2011

I need a new phone to replace the Uniden that I had for just over 2 years (grrrr) before it died.  I need a base phone and 3 or 4 handsets.  If you have one like this and like it, can you let me know what kind it is?  ...

What Is A C-phone?
Apr 06, 2011

Not sure I know exactly what this is or what it entails.  Are they easy to obtain and use??  ...

C-phone Help Please
Aug 03, 2011

Anyone know how to adjust the backspace control for how much it rewinds after you lift the pedal? Right now, it goes back about a sentence at a time. I'd like to be able to adjust it to go back just a word or two. On older versions of the phone, there used to be a dial on the bottom of the phone for this, but the one I'm using now doesn't have this feature. ...

C-Phone ?
May 10, 2012

Hi everyone. I need to ask a question, which I realize is dumb but here goes. I see that on the jobs listing part of the site there are a couple of companies who require a C-phone. Can someone tell me what this is ?? At first I thought it meant cell phone but realized that can't be right. Thanks everyone for your patience. I guess it is showing that I am an "old school" transcriptionist and do not know anything about newer technology (if this is new).   Take care all xo ...

Help With C-phone
Jul 18, 2014

Hi, This is probably a stupid question, but I'm not a technical person so need some advice. I need a landline to hook up a C-phone.  I am thinking my house phone is a landline, but hubby says no.  We have charter, and the phone line we have goes into a modem which goes into the computer, and he says what is needed is for it to be able to hook into like a wall jack (or some type of something like a box on the wall).  He did try to hook it up last night, and the ...

C Phone Codes
Oct 13, 2009

Anybody know the codes for C-phone to speed up, slow down, go to end of report, go to beginning etc. I know in MT Stars archives but cannot search to find. Thanks ...

C-Phone Beeping
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know by chance, if possible, how to turn off the "tone" when a button is pressed such as when signing off a report or any function?  ...

C-phone Codes?
Jun 11, 2010

I am working for someone who cannot tell me the codes on her system for speeding up and slowing down the doctor.  She has all the other codes.  I have tried every combination I can think of using the *.  Any combination I try using the # just gives me the job heading.  Any suggestions? Thank you! ...

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Phone Interview
Nov 01, 2010

I have a phone interview for a transcription job coming up soon. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview will consist of and if anyone has any tips. ...