A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How does O/T work when paid on production?? - Newbie_MT

Posted: May 22, 2014

I started with Nuance 3 months ago but had my first week of "approved overtime" last week.  

Does this change how much we're paid (I'm guessing no)?  I've never had to "clock in/out" before when being paid by the line, so I don't know how this works.

TIA!!! :0)

There is no such thing as overtime pay at - nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
Your overtime was the time you worked over your 40 hours. Your overtime pay is the lines that you transcribed past your 40 hours. That's it. You don't get overtime pay.

They do also pay you half your - hourly rate too for the OT hours

[ In Reply To ..]
Which they let you know what it is quarterly. It is usually pretty pathetic anyway. The hourly rate usually awful and half that comical.

you're half right - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Your quarterly average hourly rate is used for paying PTO, not for paying OT. OT pay rate has to be based on the same week as the OT is performed, which is why you will see variable rates on your OT pay on paychecks, even in the same 2-week pay period if you worked OT both weeks.
Okay, I did not realize that - wonder why?
[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot imagine they made that rule without considering how it would profit Nuance, so perhaps more hours worked = ostensibly less lph = lower hourly rate = we got you again, dummy.

Not to mention, it seems to me the more hours you do, that is when you get attacked by FIESA too. Thanks for helping out, people, oh, BTW ding ding ding error error buh-bye bonus. Awesome job clearing out the backlog!!!

Could you be more wrong? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course Nuance pays OT. They calculate what your average hourly pay was for that week and pay you 1-1/2 times that amount for any hours you worked over 40. If your average hourly pay was $12 and you worked 45 hours that week, you're paid at regular rate for all lines typed and edited, and then you are paid an additional 1/2 the calculated hourly rate for the 5 hours of OT (this being the 1/2 of time-and-a-half). You will see your OT pay displayed separately on your paycheck.

Yeah, I think she could be more wrong - Extra $30 for 5 hours work?

[ In Reply To ..]
Whoopeee! Go to town on that one!

Thirty dollars extra for 5 hours work stinks, frankly. No wonder she thought it was nothing, it hardly registers.

It would be better if they paid lph x 1.5 but anything to screw us MTs Nuance has down perfectly, anything to help us achieve more not so much.

It is simply not their priority at all to help us achieve better production or less errors, they have proven that time and time again.
If MT made $30 for 5 hrs of OT, that means she was making $3 an hour. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
An EXTRA $30 - for 5 hours
[ In Reply To ..]
Overtime pay is being discussed, not total pay.
So am I. TO make $30 for 5 hrs OT, she would have to make $3 an hr. - Take the $3 and add 1/2 again to SM
[ In Reply To ..]
that and you get $6 per hour. 5 hrs X $6 per hour pay and you get $30 for 5 hrs OT. I would hope anybody that can only make $3 per hour has more sense than to say in the MT business.
The OT is calculated by half hourly rate ($12) - which is $6 per hour above line count
[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure where you are getting $3/hr from.
Oops, my math was off. She would have to make $4 per hr and for - OT add 1/2 again to get $6 per hour for OT. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I see your point but as per usual - Nuance is devious
[ In Reply To ..]
Their claim is that you get your regular hourly pay, kind of, with the lph, so they are only required to pay the time and a half portion on top of the line count, which of course is a stinky premise. But what do we expect, after all?

They must have paid big bucks for consultants to tell them how to screw down our wages in any which way imaginable. That seems to be the one thing they have got going perfectly.
But doesnt it work out the same? $12 per 5 hrs OT = $60. Add - $6 per hr for 5 hr OT = $30 SM
[ In Reply To ..]
60 + 30 = $90. What am I missing/doing wrong here? I know this cant be right. What MTSO pays $90, lol.

Are you saying N only pays 1/2 the hourly rate? Or is it reg - rate PLUS another 1/2? If that is the case SM

[ In Reply To ..]
wouldn't she be getting $18 per hour for OT? And for 5 hours OT that would be #90?
Well, they is what they claim, but - as far as your paycheck
[ In Reply To ..]
Is concerned, it just registers as an extra $30.

SOooo, I guess if you agree with that premise, that you are really making $12/hr plus the $6/hr it WOULD be $18, but they are just paying you production for that 5 hours, so the gain is in the line count and if you are eligible for production bonus, then you actually do cash in somewhat.

I think if they had done it like my last MTSO that got eaten by Nuance, i.e. lph x 1.5 for OT, it does result in a better paycheck and that way you do feel it's worth it in that as soon as you are in the OT zone you are getting paid more.

But the way they do it - what if you had a bad week and your line count is pretty stinky? You could end up making less than your usual hourly rate for the regular lph and then half of that is half of garbage, so...you get my point.
The OT part of your check IS $30. You are neglecting to figure - in the original amt made on prod. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
for those lines typed during OT. So, yes, OT is $30, but plus your regular production rate which equals $12 an hour or $60. Again, 60 + 30 = 90. Right?
Your pay will only show production pay - plus the $30 OT
[ In Reply To ..]
The OT amount will not be $90 but will be $30. The $12/hr is implied as your hourly rate based on production, and based on the fact you have worked 5 extra hours you will make that presumably $12/hr, depending upon your hourly rate of the week, but it is not added on, just part of the whole, so if you want to view the glass half full...

Again, it does seem precious little incentive to work extra hours when you are NOT eligible for production bonus and are attacked by FIESA, giving them more fodder, to make a lousy $30 for 5 hours.
I am a glass 1/2 full type person. I just find this kind of thing - interesting. I dont work for N SM
[ In Reply To ..]
but the other big one. But I also don't work OT. As a PT employee, I don't get OT pay, so for me it is just more work and definitely not how I want to spend my time.
OT in other words... - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Is NOT worth it. Enough said
Well, if you think $18 per hr equivalent is not worth it, I - guess..... nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
$18 per hour - not worth it-
[ In Reply To ..]
Guess it would depend on what is important to you, money or time with family.
What if kids are grown and gone and hubby works long - hrs? That is my situation. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Then I would be - working too-
[ In Reply To ..]
it is a personal decision.
I think it is worth it because more lines - equals more pay
[ In Reply To ..]
My problem has been with FIESA. After "helping out" and doing extra work above and beyond to help them turn the TAT around, invariably they seem to get FIESA on my work just then, when I feel like I need a pat on the back, to find instead a nastygram in the inbox and that feeling of betrayal and lack of appreciation.

I just cannot justify working hard for this company when they are working so hard to screw me out of my pay any which way they can, and that's not good enough for them, they need to make you feel like crap while they're doing it. It's unbelievable how bad FIESA can make you feel about yourself and there is nothing to counter it, except "Thanks for clearing the backlog" kind of emails.

No appreciation of years of experience, expertise, no giving you points for typing complicated medical terminology perfectly, only condemnation of whatever error they can gleefully pick out of your work, so no thanks, but if you can just forget about FIESA and base it on line count, make sure you get your lph high enough to make it worth while.

OR if you are one of the very perfect ones who get all the bonuses, go for it! Try as I may, they always get me.
I think you have to remember they are paying you for that - perfect report, not a report with errors. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I think you also have to remember - that everyone makes errors
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, I question why our compensation is based on constant perfection OR ELSE. Why don't QAs get docked when they make errors? Why don't TSMs get docked when they don't make TAT?

Because they can, that's why. FIESA enables them to label you as a bad MT by picking out a few reports and basing your "score" on that. It's not fair.

If your statement is true and they are paying for the perfect report, why don't they 100% QA and base your total score on that? Then we would all do a lot better.

I sometimes think they actually go through the work and LOOK for the ones with errors so they can get the score down.

Are you an MT making that statement, by the way? And if so, are you always perfect? I really find it ridiculous to expect perfection of anyone and unfair that we are the only ones penalized for mistakes.
They are paying for the perfect report, they know it will - not happen 100% of the time. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
But that is what they are paying for. When you go to the beauty shop aren't you paying for the perfect hairstyle? That doesn't mean you will get it, or even that you expect to get it. But that is what you are paying for.

I pay my housekeeper for a 100% clean house. But I don't follow her around in white gloves and I don't fire her immediately if I find a smudge on the window. But I am paying her to give me a perfectly clean house.
But if you do find the smudge on the window - do you then pay her less?
[ In Reply To ..]
That is in effect what Nuance are doing so if you are indeed an MT I would not be so sympathetic to this practice.

Again, let's see the percentage who do make the bonus, let's see QA and TSM getting their salaries pared and then having to jump through false hoops to make "bonuses" that are unachievable and it might be a level playing field.

We are the valuable component doing all the work and for that we get paid less than anyone and they get to feel holier-than-thou for catching our errors and getting paid more than us. Not a good morale builder.
NO, and I dont pay her more if she does a better than usual job. - How is N paying you less for a job SM
[ In Reply To ..]
done, unless MT is repeat offender and just cannot make the grade. At MM, that MT is put on performance management and paid less. WHen you hire, you know what pay will be if you can meet certain standards, which again you are aware of. You know the drill, if not happy, why stay? Why be miserable? ANd dont give the usual excuses, only you can change your situatin if you are unhappy. Waiting for the good ole days of MT is wasting your time.
I am talking about the - nonexistent bonuses
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the lecture, but no thanks.

I am no repeat offender and I can make the grade, just not the bonuses, because I believe they are mostly BS. I believe the percentage receiving the bonus is very small, which we never will find out, and the bonus is what makes the pay decent. Without that it's crap.

I am not waiting for anything, but if I want to complain and inform other sufferers how it works, you can't stop me.

What's your story, anyway? You obviously know everything, so you can't possibly be an MT.
A bonus is just that, bonus, extra. An MT should never take - a job expecting that bonus will SM
[ In Reply To ..]
part of her regular pay. You can only count on what you are told your pay will be. If you are counting on a bonus, you will likely be disappointed.

How can an MT complain about not receiving something extra, not part of the base pay? Kinda like a child griping cause Santa didn't bring a certain gift.

I am all for warning MTs of MTSO practices. Be my guest. But I hope most MTs don't count on a bonus to pay their bills. And btw, I don't know why you think an MT cannot know everything. Most MTs I know are VERY, VERY smart. There are exceptions, tho.
I did NOT take a job expecting a - bonus
[ In Reply To ..]
When Nuance took over, that "bonus" WAS part of my pay. They silently over time, after the "run like the wind" period of breaking us in was over, simply pared down the pay to the bare minimum and then made you go through contortions to get the rest. It's a fraud.
Not fraud but the different ways businesses work. At any buyout, MT - has option of staying or not. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
A buyout does not dictate that the bought out business has to be run the way it always was. The buying out company can change business practices to whatever they want.

In businesses other than MT, the employees of the bought out company are usually not happy with how things turn out. It is the nature of the beast. The real bad guys here are the ones that sold you out, not the ones that bought your original company.

You should not be coming down on N, so much as you should be angry at your previous company who sold you out to their advantage.
That don't mean I can't warn - others from taking the bait
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you should be an economist rather than an MT since you know so much about capitalism.

I am angry at Nuance because they are bad employers and constantly trying to fleece me. I'm allowed. I am trying to prevent others from falling into the same trap if they can help it.
Perfect report - if you have
[ In Reply To ..]
a housekeeper you definitely aren't a MT, must be one of the executive people trolling the board. Guess you gave your cover away.
Puleeze, ever hear of an example? I am an MT, do not have a housekeeper. - It was an example, to make my point easy SM
[ In Reply To ..]
to understand. Geeez.
Puleeze,...stating I pay my - housekeeper
[ In Reply To ..]
does not sound like an example to me but it does not matter, it made you feel better using this to make your point.
paying for perfect - report
[ In Reply To ..]
No one makes an "error" on purpose, that is why it is called and "error." MTs are humans, not machines and if machines were so "perfect" then reports would not have to be corrected on V-Wreck. Get off your high-horse!!
Said nthing about you have to be perfect and make no errors. Of course MTs - are human, never said they were SM
[ In Reply To ..]
machines. Only said N is paying for a perfect job. When you go out to eat, are you paying for what you expect will be rotten meat, sour milk? No, you are paying for a perfectly cooked meal. Same thing. N is paying for a perfect job, but that certainly does not mean the will get it, and they know that. I have no high horse, couldnt afford to feed it.
Perfect report - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If only I could pay for services I receive the way N does, maybe I could get by on my pay.
Hairdresser charges $30 for haircut. I hand her a 100-page manual with my definition of the perfect haircut. She cuts my hair, and hands me the mirror. I point out to her that on page 83, sect 4, line 4, subpoint B, there is a hair touching my neck in a way that I don't like. Sorry hairdresser, instead of $30, you get $3. It wasn't perfect, but I leave with a very lovely, albeit imperfect haircut for $3.
Try it out in the rest of the world. You'll get arrested.
Why would you onlly pay her #3? Nuance may not pay bonus - but they dont reduce your pay SM
[ In Reply To ..]
for a first mistake. ANd hairdresser has every right to say forget you when you hand her that document on how you want your hair cut. Same as you. BUt really, when did you ever have a 100 page CP?

How many recipes can you make without looking at a recipe book. How many miles can you drive without looking at the map? CP is the same. Do it enough and it becomes second nature. If not, maybe this isnt the vocation for you.
Incorrect - they DID reduce our pay
[ In Reply To ..]
All of us who were acquired from other companies, after a period of propping up the wages, most likely guilt money from the buyout, then when you were lulled into thinking it wasn't so bad, boom! Pull the rug out, bring out the terrible lph, and imply the bonuses are something that are not hard to get if you are a good MT.

Wrong. They have three months and their only goal is to make sure as few of us get "bonuses" as possible. It sucks.
Why would you pay her only $3? - Well, in Nuance world
[ In Reply To ..]
Because you can. You can do any freaking thing you want and get away with it. They are probably best friends with the Chamber of Commerce and they most definitely get tax breaks for offshoring our jobs.

My guess is they could make things even worse for us if they wanted and they probably will, sooner rather than later. They can get away with whatever they want, they have high paid lawyers and consultants to tell them how to legally get away with sucking us dry.

What I don't get is why anyone would defend them unless they were part of the corporate team.
Correct. A business can run anyway it wants. As long as - they have ppl willing to work SM
[ In Reply To ..]
there, so what. When things get too bad, nobody will work at that business and things will have to change. That has not happened yet at N or the other big one.

This is business. This is not a bunch of friends getting together, caring for the welfare of the other, sharing the profits equally all around. Business. If you think it is terrible, start your own MTSO. I wonder how long it would take before you were wanting to line your pockets as much as possible.

In fact, someone on this board was going to do just that. Had many telling her they couldn't wait to work for her. Funny, haven't heard anything about that venture in quite some time.

I am not on "their" team. I am an MT just like everyone else. But some posts here are so far out there, I feel a voice of reason needs to chime in every now and then.
Voice of reason? - The companies that sold out to Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
Probably had not much more choice than we do. They undercut the competition because they are a corporate behemoth who competes to pay the lowest wages possible, so they all sold out and salved their conscience by supplementing our incomes for awhile, but I do not believe they had much of a choice. They were given the choice of get ridden out of town or at least get something for themselves and their employees.

They still are setting the tempo for the rest of the industry, as are other huge MTSOs. This is not capitalism, it's monopoly and plutocracy.

Honestly, get a clue. If you love MT so much you feel you have to defend it fine. But DON'T defend the MTSOs who have taken our proud profession and made it into a minimum wage job. It is NOT a job that can be done by anybody, although you are beginning to make me wonder.
Love this! - Spot on perfect!
[ In Reply To ..]
You have it down completely. I wish the QA and TSM could get a taste of the bonus prevention brigade, maybe then we could all be on the same side.
You do realize that at most MTSO, there is no opportunity to - get a bonus. At least at N Sm
[ In Reply To ..]
there is that slight possibility. Most MTs do not even have that. I imagine those N MTs that don't post here, are happy here and shock, maybe even get the bonus.

It's the "equivalent" that - makes it dicey
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, since they base your lph on the same week you are doing this and basically I have found the more hours I do it is harder to keep up the lph, PLUS the fact I am not EVER eligible for any bonuses PLUS the fact that FIESA tends to pounce on you more the more you do, no it is not exactly $18/hr equivalent, it is basically 5 more hours of torture typing and severe retribution for mistakes when you are basically doing them a favor.

So basically, making their TAT look better is something you actually get PENALIZED for by FIESA and for a lousy $6 or less extra an hour? No thanks. I guess that might be glass half empty, but stay with Nuance a while and you might get cynical too.

Got an email from the HR lady at N about - overtime pay

[ In Reply To ..]
Evidently, the HR people at Nuance have enough time on their hands to troll these boards. They surely must know what we all think about their company and their nefarious practices.

Anyway, she felt my post about no such thing as overtime pay deserved a personal response. Here is a quote from that email.

"EXAMPLE OF OVERTIME CALCULATION
Jane Doe types 10,000 lines in a pay period at a rate of .08 = $800.00
Jane worked 80 hours and 8 overtime hours = 88 total hours
Jane's effective hourly rate is $9.09 per hour
Jane's overtime premium is 50% of $9.09 = $4.55
Jane gets an additional $4.55 for the 8 OT hours = $36.40
Jane's total compensation is $836.40 for the period.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you need further clarification on this."

So... does that mean that Jane got paid $36.40 for 8 HOURS of work? Am I reading that correctly?
Dont ask here. Reach out to that HR lady and ask her. - That is the only answer that couts, not what SM
[ In Reply To ..]
we say. I for one do not believe the MT only get $36.40 for 8 hours of work. Surely, there is also the base wage earned added to that 36.40. "An ADDITIONAL 4.55 per hour" Reach out to her and say you aren't clear on the numbers and need to clarify it. Then let us know what she says. Just ask, like you did here, so jane only gets a total of 36.40 for 8 hours of work?
The HR lady needs to - run that by you again.
[ In Reply To ..]
That sure sounds wrong.

Similar Messages:

Anybody Not Paid By Production?
Aug 19, 2011

I keep hearing about how some MTs are not paid via production but rather like a salarie or something along those lines. They just have to do a minimum of so many lines per day. Anybody familiar with this? ...

Don't Believe A Legal Medical Document Should Be Paid By Production.
Feb 01, 2011

How can something as important as someone's medical report be treated like a simple object that goes through a production line? I truly do not believe a legal medical document should be paid on a production basis, but rather a professional basis.   ...

Would You Rather Be Paid $14 An Hour, 40 Hours A Week Or Production At 8 Cpl? Sm
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered both, but I'm not sure what to do. ...

Hospital Job Paid On Production. I Can't Make Any Money
Jan 29, 2014

When did hospital jobs get almost as bad as working for a service?  When I have had hospital MT jobs before, we were either paid hourly, or hourly base pay plus incentive.  It was possible to make $22 to $25 an hour. I have also worked on production for a service and for myself and I can usually do 200 lph very easily, 250 lph if I'm concentrating, 300-350 lph if I'm concentrating and getting good dictation (that I'm familiar with and know what they are going to say ...

"unpaid Time Off" For Production-paid Employees
Jun 26, 2011

Looking to find out from others if this "UTO" is a normal industry-wide policy for production-paid transcriptionists who are not paid for time when lines are not turned in; example, storms, power outages, company's platform down, etc.  Losing pay and bonuses for not working the same hour twice and getting paid for once.  Losing time for sleep, family and medical regimen, too.  What is the norm out there?  This just started recently.  Don't mind not being paid f ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

PRODUCTION PAY
Nov 02, 2009

I would like to know how MTSO's get away with paying MTs and MT editors not hourly, not salary, but solely on how much they produce like they are working on an "assembly line"!!!  Being paid on how much one produces is "pathetic" and is not paying MTs/Editors based on their "knowledge, skill, or experience", and I think is an injustice to the medical transcription profession as a whole. What happens also when an MT/editor works over 40 hours per week.  By federal ...

Production Req'ts
Sep 06, 2012

Does the company you work for have production requirements?  I've never worked with any, but we were just informed that some are coming and that the industry standard is 150+ lines/hr.  I could do 150/hr on a good day, but if there are not a lot of reports available, it would be very hard.  Just looking for others who work with production req'ts and how you cope.  Thanks for your feedback. ...

Well, I'm Under The Gun For My Production.
Sep 14, 2012

I'm at stage 2 now. I've got a conference call for my verbal warning next week. Problem is - I have been in the 'cesspool' for months now. One day I (and apparently everyone else in my group) suddenly had next to no more work from my primary accounts. The account has very apparently gone overseas. Every once in a while 1 report will show up, so I am sure MM has not lost that account. I can see a lone job show up every once in a while in DQM. Since then, I have had no ...

QC Going To Production?
Feb 21, 2015

Is there a date set yet for when QC will be on production? My thought is, if they are going to this and do MLS work as well when no QC available, Nuance probably has to figure out some fancy grid work to figure their pay on this as well. Nuance still hiring like crazy, offering sign on bonuses, recruiting off different web sites, and then some of us sit with OOW, at least on the US only accounts. The last few weeks it has been VERY regular that we run into OOW.  Not even offered to w ...

Why Does It Always End Up Being About Production? SM
Mar 08, 2015

I have never been a top producer, but I have always been consistent and have excellent quality.  All the MTSOs say they want quality but it seems to inevitably come down to producing that line count, no matter what variables come into play, bad dictators, just a bad day, lots of short reports, etc.  All they want is that 250-260 lines edited per day.  I realize there have to be standards and goals but it just seems that in the past copule of years, especially when I worked for Nua ...

Production
Apr 27, 2015

Are there any companies that have any type of incentive plan anymore?  I know several used to have production levels with incentive for reaching different levels but are there any of them left out there anymore? ...

Health Ins. And Production
Nov 09, 2009

If you don't make your production in any given pay period, do they drop your insurance?   Do they give you a warning? ...

Why Is It When You Are Having A Great Production Day,
Jun 07, 2010

the work seems to disappear? I was doing over 400 lph and now no work. This happens every time I have great lph. Can companies do a switch-a-rooney, keeping the work away from people or can the platform be 'fixed' that if you hit a certain lph, no work will download to you? I'm really curious about this. I've been watching this happen for a couple months now. ...

Impossible To Keep Up Production
Jul 11, 2010

I transcribe reports, do ASR reports and I also do MME work.   I find it impossible when I an constantly "switching gears" every day on 5-6 accounts to maintain a decent production.  How can anyone keep up with knowing all the CP's and keeping track of all the details of each account plus do the production we are supposed to do?  If someone has a suggestion, let me know.  We keep getting all these e-mails from QC regarding a complaint from a customer ...

Production Employees (not IC's): How Much
Jul 13, 2010

The compensation structure and "minimum" hourly or daily production expectations often encourage people in our industry to work unreported hours in order to meet minimums.  You have a day when you get a rash of the account's most trying dictators, for instance, and at the end of 8 hours you realize that you haven't met minimums...so you work another hour, while reporting only the 8 hours. Transcription companies are, of course, aware of this dirty little secret and do nothing abo ...

Low Production Due To IT Issues
Sep 22, 2010

I have had a terrible Mon/Tues this week due to the software in my computer being incompatible with the upgrade, or whatever happened with DEP shutdown not being resolved.  How can I get compensated, other than taking PTO.  Have ticket in, but do not know how to document slow production to CCM, as I kept working thinking it was my issue and not the software's, and submitted ticket hours later.  Am I the loser in production/pay?  It would be a gesture of good busines ...

Production/proficiency
Nov 18, 2010

Got a split report.  Never get them.  Had forgotten what I learned in the 6.1 update so had to find it on MQ Central and re-listen to the blessed instructions.  Took forever as it won't let you fastforward to the part of the instructional that you need.  Don't guess their keystroke monitoring cares about that, nor the time I wasted having to do it (yet again).  ...

Production Scrutiny
Dec 02, 2010

For the life of me I cannot figure out how they justify the manhours being spent to see if we are typing all 60 minutes of each hour without bathroom or snack breaks when we are not paid by the hour.  If we are not typing for 5 or 6 minutes here and there, we are not producing, thus not getting paid line rate.  It only hurts us so why do they even care?  Am I totally stupid?  It affects our benefit rate, still only hurting us.  The only benefit left for this company ...

TT Production Question
Feb 03, 2011

Second night in a row on third shift with hardly any work; do they really expect us to make up all these hours over the weekend? With the regular people who are already scheduled for the weekend and then the rest of us that need to make up line counts, how do we get this done?  ...

What Are Your Production Tips?
May 15, 2011

I know that everyone says there is no money in VR, but sometimes you have to take the job you are given and be thankful for that. The account I am working on is 99% VR.  I was wondering if anyone had any tips on being productive.  For example, do you look at your report first and fix any obvious errors and then listen to the dictation or do you just jump right in with the dictation and do it all then?  Currently, I make about 5cpl for VR, which compared to some quotes I have rea ...

Production Requirements
Oct 14, 2011

I have always made my production requirements.  But I don't think I will this time.  Does anyone know what happens? ...

Another MQ Production Question
Oct 20, 2011

Just wondering, what is the quickest movement between phrases when moving around a document to place punctuation, skip markers, etc.  Since none of us are in an office together where we can share this info, wondering if I am missing something.  I was also told cutting and pasting may not be counted in production line.  Anybody know this for sure? I am just paying closer attention to how much my hands move to edit and I already knew this, but there is definitely not a 40% drop in ...

MQ Production Questions
Oct 20, 2011

Okay, I need a refresher.  I have to get to the bottom of what is happening to all our pay, except for those few out there. I'm guess keystrokes are only letters and punctuation.  In other words, all the things we have to do to place a skip marker are free to MQ? Pulling in headers, whatever we have to do with our fingers to make that happen, do we get any credit for that in our line count? ADT, all the crazy time we have to spend making sure we have the right patient, visit, e ...

Production Bonuses
Jan 26, 2012

I just received my first *denial* of production bonus in over 20+ years with 98.75% QA score. Every time I look at the payroll data and see...... BONUS:  NO.   I do a slow burn.  I'd like to know who made that judgment call that is going to affect my income for the next 3 months. I'd like to see my mistakes, and if they are legit medical mistakes then I will accept my *penalty*.  I do not want to think my QA score hinges on whether or not someone is having a ...

How Can We Boost Production When ASR Is So Bad
Mar 19, 2012

How can we be productive when we spend more time reading profiles than actual time in a report.   Maybe stop the garbage, give is primary accounts, no more ASR, no more bouncing, no more counting mouse clicks, and give us a raise...   I will be more than productive, like I was in the old days. I used to produce 2000 lines a day. I cannot do that now in 2 days. ...

Production Statistics
Jun 21, 2012

Here's what I think is the reason for the production statistics and what I think is going to happen this summer.  I believe that MM will say they are reducing ASR pay to 4 cpl across the board and that we can all increase production by following the recommendations in their emails.  I hope I'm wrong but if this happens and I get 2/3 of what I am making now, they will get 2/3 of the editing I am doing now until they figure it out and fire me.  ...

Production Bonus
Apr 19, 2013

this is the first time I have not received a production bonus.  can someone tell me how many likes weekly it is to achieve this?  thank you in advance. ...

Qa Working For Production
Jul 05, 2013

Hi, I am thinking about switching from a company who pays QA by hour to another who pays by production but not really sure if that is a good move.  Does anyone do QA by production? Is it hard to meet? do you have to make an average rate like an MLS? thanks :) ...