A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I feel REALLY dumb asking this but - Colleen

Posted: Nov 15, 2009

I have a doc describing a cough and I can not come up with the correct spelling on the end of the word.  It is a rattley cough, as in rattle-like sounding cough.  It is not rattling, but rattle-e. 

Some days, the brain is just not functioning.  Duh!  Sorry. Embarassed

rattly - MT17

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Thanks, I was trying to make it more difficult - Colleen

[ In Reply To ..]
than it was. I was determined to stick an extra letter in there.

Not dumb.... - MT17

[ In Reply To ..]
Not a dumb question at all and those are the words that will get every time...and your welcome. Have a good night.

Similar Messages:

Okay Now I Feel Dumb
Mar 04, 2013

I have been trying to apply to N.  Went to the website, created an account and filled in the info.  Then try to apply for job, keeps sending me back to the fill-in-info page.  Am I dumb or what?  Maybe this is a sign I am not meant to work for N.  Did I just apply multiple times or not at all?  If I can't even figure it out, geez.  Shouldn't it say "thanks for applying, we'll get back to you" or something like that?  Anybody know?  Will ...

So I Did Something Dumb
May 30, 2010

I took a job with DIT transcription.  I know. My thinking was that I could get some experience to take elsewhere because they were the only company that would hire me, and most companies clearly state that you need "on the job experience." Well, I'm getting nervous after reading all these posts about them, and I was wondering.. Does anyone have any advice on how to get work with little experience? Like, any companies that let you take a test to see how well you do or anything like that ...

Dumb
Dec 13, 2012

NEW! DO NOT PEND FOR CC ISSUES! Follow account specifics for selecting copies.  Under no circumstances should you pend a job to the client for a cc issue...ever!!! I guess they don't want us to pend to the client for cc issues, ya think?  Seriously?  Red, in caps, AND exclamation marks?  duh  ...

Am I Dumb Or What?
Mar 08, 2013

Can someone help me with my math.  If 1 point gets taken off for an error how does that constitute a 96%?.  Does that mean that 2 + 2 = 5.  If so, I guess I'm all over it.   Please help me with comprehension, I'm feeling really dumb and really pure! ...

Dumb ?
May 12, 2013

Was Saturday (5/11) the second week of Nuance's current pay period?   Thanks in advance! ...

Maybe I'm Being Dumb Here But...
Nov 20, 2014

I have seen so many posts on here asking the question of which companies provide computers and I wonder why people don't have their own computer and need one provided.  If it's a matter of "finances," there are many options available to get your own computer; rent to own, or even places like QVC or HSN.  They offer payment plans and you can pay with either a credit card or a debit card.  I recently got a VERY nice laptop from QVC and am making payments on it in the area ...

Dumb Question?
Oct 15, 2009

I was just wondering, how do you view older posts or post after the last one on the page. I used to be able to see older ones, but now for some reason I cannot.  It seems since the page has changed. Thanks. Sorry for such a "dumb question". ...

Got A Really Dumb Question
Jan 29, 2010

Is there any method besides a phone line to connecting to a hospital-based system? an it be done through the Internet? ...

This May Be A Dumb Question, But If You Are (sm)
Oct 21, 2010

an IC and work for an MTSO are you supposed to "know" more and not have to leave blanks for QA? ...

Dumb Question Maybe...why Can't I See...sm
Aug 01, 2012

I notice other people mentioning likes/dislikes on posts.  I'm not seeing them and I wonder why.  Anyone know?  ...

Maybe A Dumb Question, But Anyway...
Dec 25, 2012

So in working on getting my own clients, questions keep coming up in my mind. Here's today's: How do you charge for CCs if the doc requests one be sent to another doc? Or is this something that is done on their office end? I'm planning on a call-in service that also allows handhelds, so it will have the FTP system in place, if that matters in answering the question. After working for large MTSOs, I'm having a hard time "picturing" things in motion. Thank you so much f ...

Might Be A Dumb Question, But....
Jan 16, 2013

I wondered in order to take the exams for AAPC and the AHIMA, do you have to be a member of each of the organizations?    Thank you, T ...

This Might Be A Dumb Question, But If You're
Apr 19, 2013

....working for an MTSO, is it typical to let them know you won't be working any more with a traditional 2-week notice?  I'm thinking about doing some IC work for the first time (have always been an employee in the past), and I'm just wondering how that usually works if and when you decide you don't want to work for them any more.   So, if you're an IC, do you typically just let them know not to send you any more work when you want out?  I have a feeling ...

Dumb Tax Question
Feb 14, 2014

I only worked as an MT for a short time in Jan/Feb of 2013, IC status. I haven't received any tax info from this company yet.  I moved over the summer and I'm wondering if the form wasn't forwarded by the PO.  I've been trying to contact this company, but I'm not receiving answers to my emails or phone messages.  Can someone confirm what tax form I should have received?  Is it the 1099?  ...

Dumb And Dumber
May 04, 2015

I am an experienced MT but need some help; haven't had to test for a long time.  I was given the opportunity to test for a company and got the sound file up but the foot pedal will not stop/go the sound. Second problem is that when I move to another page to create a document, I lose the sound feature/box.  (was trying to use word pad or email as I do not have Word on my machine.) Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated.       ...

Dumb Application Question
Oct 14, 2009

Once you have gone through the first phase of the on-line application process and answered all the questions, ending up at a screen which says "thank you", then what happens?  I did not see any section to submit a resume or whether anyone would call or email or whether I'm supposed to call or email or what the next step in the on-line application process may be.  TIA for any and all help with this. ...

Dumb Question On Audit
Oct 28, 2009

If I got 3 things marked off at 0.25 for each one, what would that audit score be?  It is marked at 97.5 which sounds unfair.  I am no math genius, but would it not be 99.25? ...

Dumb Question Part 2
May 09, 2010

Why do you have to have a windows program and/or a word based program on your computer? ...

Really Dumb Question On Grammar
Sep 29, 2010

The really dumb question is: We were able to insert a 22-French catheter or We were able to insert an 22-French catheter. A or an ? I think the use of the number is not making either sound right! ...

Dumb Question About Webcast
Oct 18, 2012

Okay, so I missed an hour of work due to the webcast. I timed in under conference call for that hour.  Do I still have to make up production time for the hour that I wasn't working. TIA ...

Dumb Question About DQS Keystrokes
Feb 13, 2013

What are the keystrokes for the left hand if you are following along the text with the cursor; using the arrow keys on the right hand, and _____ on the left hand? It seems ridiculous because it's become so automatic that I can't even think what the keys are without actually doing it. ...

Olympus Recorder From Doc , And I Am Old And Dumb.
Nov 25, 2013

I recently heard from a local MD asking me to do work, said he was going to buy a tape recorder.  Okay, I get my trusty old equipment out.  Now he calls and says he has bought an Olympus VN 702PC.  I googled it hoping to figure it out, called my more literate son who says I can just use it with forward and pause buttons OR I can connect it to my computer with a USB cord and, "Mom, all you do is open the folder you want and click........."  Of course, I haven't a clue. &n ...

Dumb Question Alert
Jun 19, 2014

Sorry for the dumb question but I can't get any answers from my head honchos...where do you go to review your reports that have been audited? I've checked the manual and I see DocQManage.  That's not even on my computer (DocQScribe is).  I'm in Fluency.  I've tried to log into FFT Manager with my # with DEP on the end plus the password so graciously supplied to me but I keep getting "account not recognized" as an error message. This is seriously distress ...

Dumb Question About Insurance
Oct 01, 2014

My husband just recently got a new job with better insurance that started on September 1st and I decided to switch to his insurance and drop MModal's.  I didn't have all the info able to do this until last week, so we had double coverage for September.  When I gave the cancellation info to MModal, I marked that his insurance began on September 1.  My question is this:  Will I see any of the money back that I paid in for insurance on my September paychecks since I wa ...

Dumb Question Why Are Getting Paid Min Wage SM
Apr 13, 2010

I thought we got min wage for NJA.  I was reading some of the other posts, that suggest otherwise.  Can someone please clear this up for me, I have been losing my mind lately and don't clearly anymore. ...

This Sounds Dumb, I Know, But Can Someone Explain The Webclock.....sm
May 01, 2012

I do not understand the punches.   06:81.  81 what?  I missed over 4 hours today because granddaughter broke her wrist and was at the ER.  I work 8 hours and will have weird times like above.   4 hours and 23 minutes should be 0423 not some weird 04:74.     ...

Dumb Question Re Bayscribe Expander
Jan 17, 2014

Is there a way to bring up the Bayscribe expander box without having to use the mouse to click on the sailboat icon, i.e., by using a function key? Thanks in advance! ...

How Do You Write, Twenty-two Hundred And Thirty-three Milliseconds? Completely Dumb About It. Nm
Mar 24, 2012

nm ...

Man, I Feel For New MTs...
Aug 07, 2010

I was just looking at the Word Help board - I can't imagine working at home by myself, having no one to ask for help.  When I first started, you could turn to the person next to you and get some help.  They've really been thrown to the wolves.  Good luck, all!! ...

Feel The Same Way
Sep 10, 2010

as the poster below.  I think the lag in our computers now with the 6.1 is either because the ILPs are "observing" while we are typing or there is a spyware included to watch our keystrokes and screens.  Getting paranoid. ...