A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

legality? This 1 cent per line QA punishment - Valkyrie

Posted: Aug 21, 2014

Has anyone reported MModal (or Nuance, I think Nuance does it too) to the Department of Labor for this QA crap?  I only make 0.04 and they're taking 0.03 !?  I don't think so.  I am so angry.  Responses appreciated.  Thanks.

Either way, they still have to pay at least minimum wage. - not happy

[ In Reply To ..]
Just another slap in the face.

Speaking of minimum wage - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If it goes up to let's say $10.00 an hour, will all of our minimum production requirements go up too? Sometimes it is an effort, sometimes not.

gone jobs - sue

[ In Reply To ..]
I would guess all of our jobs would be gone, so we wouldn't have to worry about requirements.

YES our requirements will go up - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
No your seeing the picture
I hope not - lazysusan
[ In Reply To ..]
They should be a little lower. If they raise them, it will just encourage cherry-picking.

I honestly don't see how it could possibly be legal. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have been on PM before - my suggestion

[ In Reply To ..]
go as slow as a turtle. They have to pay you at least minimum wage. You will never make minimum wage at 1 cpl. you might as well get every word correct so you can get off of PM sooner rather than rushing through to make more money. Which won't happen, that is an exercise in futility.

If you stay and work for 1cpl, you are in effect agreeing to that` - level of pay. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not necessarily - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Your original contract signs you on at a certain rate..I couldn't find mine if my life depended on it, but does that say your subject to monetary penalties? And your still below the Federal minimum wage and don't fall into the category of say a waitress or a car hop..

Similar Messages:

.03¢ A Line VR Editing
Sep 29, 2010

Was just trying for a job with a company, sent my resume, asked me what hours I was looking for, how much experience I had and then dropped the bomb that they only pay 3¢ a line for VR editing.  Is there anyone out there making a decent wage doing editing for so little?  ...

Possible 3 Cent A Line Paycut But WHOA I Get AHDI And
Mar 02, 2010

After sleeping on this.  I am so mad that my hands are shaking.  I have WONDERFUL reference material of my own - printed, online and software.  What are they GIVING me?  So to those of us who have a certain client who is KNOWN for poor audio CONSTANTLY, popping, hissing, squealing, fading in and out -- not to mention the over abundance of ESL dictators who not only cannot speak English but eat, yawn and whistle while they are dictating -- we have been told for all ...

Newbie .07/cent Line.. .Good Start?
Mar 05, 2011

Just got hired! Waiting for some response... is .07/cents line worthy starting pay?? ...

My Thoughts Regarding A Company Paying 6 Cent Per Line For Transcription.
Oct 20, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Wages were more than that 15 years ago!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Tee hee hee hee hee.  You just might get a newbie but you certainly will not keep them long!!!! Oh, ho ho ho ho.  HA HA HA HA!  Why don't you hire a brain surgeon for $30,000 a year?  He he he he he.  Above minimum wage; he should be impressed.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wait - there is more.  Hohohohoho, hahahahahahahahahaha.  I ju ...

Legality Behind $12 An Hour Limit For PTO
Nov 30, 2012

Has anyone checked into the legality of more and more MTSOs wanting to limit the PTO pay to $12/hour maximum even if you average making more than that? It doesn't seem right to me that they're getting by with "robbing" those who are high producers on PTO pay. ...

Checked Legality Of Docking Pay During PM
Jun 01, 2015

Because we are hourly employees, the can legally punish us during PM as long as they pay us minimum wage. Drop me to a penny a line, and I'm out of here no matter whether or not I have any new job prospects! I haven't gotten past the first level of PM, but with the capricious way they grade and a mere 2 minor errors will flunk an audit, not matter how hard you try, you are always in imminent danger. Unless... you are amongst the lucky ones with proper ASR output. I think I ...

Punishment
Oct 01, 2011

What is the "punishment" by MQ, if any, for abandoning or breaking a job? ...

Can Someone Please Explain The Legality In Only Paying For 88% Of Transcribed Lines?
Dec 14, 2014

How is Nuance able to legally justify paying only 88% of typed lines?  I am really curious if anyone has any indea how that can be done.  They are obviously trying to get transriptionists to leave in significant numbers.  There must be some motive we are not seeing.  This must be some attempt to get transcriptionists to leave in large quantities.  What other explanation could there possibly be? ...

Performance Punishment
Mar 31, 2014

Are there any companies out there who do NOT punish their good employees?  I have never worked a place yet where good performance is NOT punished.  We're the "go-to" employees.  We're the ones who can always be depended on, work overtime, do more than the required work, report to work on-time, and rarely or never call in sick.  We're the ones who are told we're invaluable, indispensable, and that our company wishes they could "clone."  Then what happ ...

Taking PTO Equals Punishment.
Apr 14, 2014

Isn't it enough that they strip our pay down to near minimum wage? Using even 1 or 2 hours of PTO in a week will cause one's weekly incentive to fall. Can't they give us even one little break, like make the weekly incentive a daily incentive like in the olden days? Come on, CEOs, please give us a little crumb here. We're falling fast. I personally am down about $25K per year. How can that be? I'm a good worker, or I should say I used to be a good worker until FIESA came ...

Work Pools/performance Punishment... What To Do?
Oct 21, 2009

It has become obvious that a company is putting us in work pools, NOT to get improved TAT, but to either play favorites or to give the primo/better dictators to the MTs who cannot handle the crappiest dictators.  I have noted that I have had the same lousy dictators over and over again, no matter what time of day I work or which days of the week.   I never seem to get the ones that I consider better dictators, nor do I seem to be getting the long consults (which I also like).  ...

Adjective: Inflicting Or Intended As Punishment
Dec 10, 2014

Using as a means of lowering someone's pay sure fits that description I think. Don't you? ...

Gout S/l Cry Es Cent
May 28, 2010

Under assessment, gout s/l cry es cent.  ...

Don't Be Shy, How Many Took At Least 1 Cent Base Pay Cut
Jun 15, 2012

After becoming Nuance employee? I'm curious if any 9-centers (and up) got to keep their pay after mergers. ...

1/2 Cent Per Word
Oct 28, 2012

Does anyone know what a 1/2 cent per word would come out to be from transcribing, say, like a 20-page document?  I just saw a company advertised on Indeed.com and it said 1/2 cent per word.  I am like, What? ...

Why Would We Write An Essay Praising A 3 Cent Cut
Mar 24, 2010

in pay for not guessing for a blank? What are they thinking?!?! ...

Question About Zillionth Of A Cent Increase ? Sm
Apr 13, 2010

remember email few weeks back with our so-called "increase" in line rate.  mine was an magnificent 0.001 per line but didn't show up in last paycheck.   Was this error/missed or did they decide we weren't worthy of that huge amount of money either.   ohhhh my aching head .... ...

Regarding: • Re: INSCRIBE - BooBear
Feb 20, 2013

I can't post a public reply on that thread.  The only option is "reply by email." Is it just me or is that normal for the company board?  I don't want to send an email.  What is up?  ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Okay, If You Were Making .04/line With VR But Offered 08/line With Transcription . . . Unlimited Amt
Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think? ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

MTSOs - Why Anyone Would Do VR For 0.03 Per Line Or Straight Transcription For 0.07 Per Line
Mar 13, 2012

It's beyond me why anyone would do VR for 0.03 per line or straight transcription for 0.07 per line, even 0.08 stinks.  Are we all that desperate to let these companies get away with not paying a living wage?  It's outrageous.  As long as MTs send their resumes to these companies and apply for these positions, the longer it will take to bring us back to the pay level we deserve.   At this point, i'd rather starve then sell my soul to the devil. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...