A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Applying for QC Editor. Can anyone share details of the - incentive program. Is it worth it?

Posted: Jun 24, 2013

TIA. 

incentive - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
What incentive program? The ad I see doesn't state that.

My understanding is QC does not get an incentive. Paid hourly, no bonus. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I applied from ad on other board and it says they - now have QC incentive program.

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just sent the link to test this morning.

Incentive is if we let you work you get paid - me

[ In Reply To ..]
It is an hourly rate and can vary as much as 6. an hour, seriously. You will be held to a ridiculously high production rate considering you have nearly all 100% reports and have to fill out Fiesa. Overtime is time and a quarter, not half, insurance is horrible and I do mean horrible, and they have team leaders in place to run you ragged, some who have never done QA themselves and are on a power trip.

I agree with most of what you said but the sm - qamls

[ In Reply To ..]
Overtime for hourly people is paid at time and a half, but it would be by whatever law is in effect in your state. I have always been paid at time and a half for OT and I am an hourly person in QC. However, holiday pay is pad at 1.25 which time and a quarter is ridiculous!

I have never been run "ragged" by any of the team leaders in my region, nor my actual manager. But, I do not doubt that is happening in other regions so I would say depending on the region you are in is going to be how you will be treated.

As to the "incentive" plan for QC, they say we are going to get an incentive but it hasn't started yet so as far as I know, there are no details out there. I'll believe it when I see it and get paid for it.

Similar Messages:

I Don't Know All The Details As
Mar 04, 2010

I do not work for MQ, but why would a client want to outsource to a company who penalizes their transcriptionists for getting a second opinion on a questionable dictation BEFORE it reaches them? Isn't that what they pay the company for, finished quality reports, not having to fill in blanks themselves? What I see is a lot of people protecting their pay by sending blanks to the client that a fresh ear may be able to fill in or, worse yet, a lot of guessing going on. If I were a hos ...

MQ Paycheck Details
Mar 27, 2010

New to direct deposit.  Is there anywhere to go online to check your paystub details? I cannot find anything on MQ Central about it. Thanx ...

RECENT HANDS-ON DETAILS PLEASE
May 23, 2012

Can anyone tell me the line rates for transcription and QA, how long it takes to get your first check and how it comes (DD?), volume of work, general climate and anything pertinent you feel like sharing.  Don't want to make another TTD type mistake.  Thanks for your time and willingness to share!  ...

Any Details On New Compensation Package?
Aug 15, 2012

I left MModal back in June with my supervisor telling me that she was expecting to see raises when the new compensation plan was revealed.  I was one of the many who took a significant pay cut in July 2011 and finally got out.  Just wondering if things are any better at MModal, as was promised. ...

Lymphoma S/l Mic And Translocation. Sm For Details.
Dec 28, 2012

Human immunodeficiency virus associated high-grade B cell lymphoma, unclassifiable with features between diffuse large B cell lymphoma and Burkitt’s lymphoma, mixed s/l Mic and translocation 8;14 positive.  He says the mixed clearly and then stumbles over the mic part.   ...

Independent Contractor Details?
Mar 13, 2015

Can anyone tell me any details on being an independent contractor? Pros/cons? Pay? Thanks for any info! ...

MQ 1st Quarter Fin Report Details Disposal Plan For US MTs
Aug 21, 2010

Exit and "disposal" plan exposed in the report which also states "targeted" employees don't know about it. Do they think we can't read their stuff on the web??? It will occur over the rest of 2010. In other words, we are so low they consider us garbage to be disposed of. Unbelieveable as a lot of us left have worked for this company over a decade. Where's our gold watch, for cryin out loud??? ...

Ever Hear Of Southern Transcription? Any Details Would Be Helpful.
Mar 04, 2014

nm ...

Medscribe Information Systems Out Of Naples, FL? Any Details Would Be Helpful
Mar 06, 2014

Anyone type for MedScribe Information Systems out of Naples, FL?  Any details on company, good pay, good work environment, enough work, etc. would be helpful. Thanks! ...

MT To Editor
Feb 16, 2010

After over 21 years being an MT, I am burnt out and want to try something different.  Is there, in fact, anyone that will hire an MT without editing experience and train them ???? ...

EXT/editor?
Mar 28, 2010

Just wondering if this is a good VR platform?  Thinking of applying to a company that uses this.  Any information would be appreciated.  I hate the thought of going to VR but that is all the jobs that are out there and I need a job.  My previous employer just lost the account that I was working on. ...

ASR Editor
Sep 11, 2010

I know this is not the place to look for positive answers, but I am going to try anyway.  Worked for MQ years ago, but hated the punching in thing.  I have tested with them recently, as I want to get into the field of voice recognition editing.  Can anybody tell me about the part-time requirements, benefits, and the average line rate for editing?  How much of your time is editing and how much is doing actual typing?  What are the line requirements, and what happens if yo ...

QC Editor
May 06, 2011

Is anybody really making anything doing editing of work that somes from India.  I was offered 5 cents to do it and was wondering if that was good.  I have heard that the fixing of them reports are sometimes worse than the VR.  I strongly feel it should be kept here personally.  Any input would help in my decision.  ...

Editor
Aug 26, 2011

I wonder how hard it is to be an editor.  I checked transcriptionists work for years when I was inhouse.  I figured I could do it. ...

Editor Or Transcriptionist?
Oct 11, 2009

What do most people like, editing or transcribing? Just curious. ...

Editor Jobs
Aug 03, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew of any entry level editor jobs. I do have about 6 months of experience, but I am not sure where to look for a editor job online. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! Thanks Julie ...

Wondering About Editor Pay
Aug 06, 2010

Just wondering if anyone here does any transcription editing and if they do, how much they make.  sadly this was the only job i could find. ...

Are You A VR Editor...or VR Proofreader?
May 05, 2011

I'm not talking about the official proofreader positions that people hire in as.  I'm talking about VR "editing" - meaning, when you get those reports where VR does what it's supposed to, and you only need to add 1 comma, for instance, in the entire report - and you are zipping along at the 300-400 lph you were promised, as justification for the 50% pay cut on switch to VR...isn't that actually proofreading?? ...but what about those OTHER reports...the ones that re ...

First Job As Editor...I Am In Shock!
Apr 10, 2012

The reports I am reviewing are unbelievable!  It would be easier to have transcribed them myself.  Obviously, these reports were not transcribed by American MTs.  It has been a jaw-dropping experience so far!   ...

Letter To The Editor
May 23, 2012

Medical Transcriptionist Week began May 20th to recognize MTs over a week. The theme this year: Patient Safety. MTs across the country are transcribing medical records and are dedicated to being a 1st-line defense against errors that can negatively and sometimes fatally affect you as a patient - physicians make mistakes. MTs ensure those errors do not end up in your Electronic Medical Record.  Healthcare consumers are you aware that local hospitals are outsourcing their work to what are kno ...

I See Proscript Has An Add For VR Editor S/m
Jun 05, 2012

I have been running out of work for about the last month now. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

Editor - What To Expect For Pay?
Aug 29, 2012

I am going for an interview for an editing position with a transcription company who outsources overseas. Can anyone tell me what to expect for pay? - Thanks, SL ...

VR Editor On-line Course
Sep 03, 2012

I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 38 years, with so many companies going to VR, I am leaning towards taking an editor course.  Can you recommend an on-line course? Thank-you ...

QA Hourly And QC Editor
Jun 21, 2013

Does anyone know how much the hourly QA get paid and how much the QC editors make?? Also, if you know anything else about these positions, please share!!! ...

Wonder How Much A VR Editor Is Underpaid?
Jul 05, 2013

check this out.  This is what proofreaders make:http://www.theproofreaders.com/pricing.htm An FYI - 65-character line has an estimated 5 words. ...

Does Anyone Know If Entrada Editor Is Currently Down?
Aug 28, 2014

Thanks in advance for any info! :) ...

Fluency Editor Down
Sep 13, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting into Fluency Editor? Mine is saying there is an issue with Client Diagnostics. Thanks! ...

Ortho VR Editor
Apr 02, 2015

I decided to check out the new advertisement on the job seekers board for ortho vr editors. something fishy there. the company name (supposedly) is iMEDat. i went to their website and looked for contact info, as I wanted to know where they were located. There is no contact info. If you need to contact them, you need to fill out an email form and send it to them. There was, however, a toll free phone number, so I looked that up. It relates back to a place called Professional Transcription ...

If You're Willing To Share...
May 22, 2012

I'm interested in figuring out the average VR lines per day an MT can average with M*M as well as how many straight typing lines you get per day.  I know this is dependent on a lot of different factors like account and the skill of the MT but, if you are willing to share, I would love for people to post how many lines per day you average on VR and straight typing. Recently someone here mentioned that the top producers in their region were producing 1200 VR lines per day.  I would ...

Have To Share...
Sep 19, 2012

This job was 1561s and very likely could have been done in about 200s.    Dictated:  Eyes:  Upper case p.m. Casey upper case are case are upper case L.  Place a; of ACE upper case place M intact; Transcribed Eyes:  PERRLA, OEM intact.  The WHOLE job was dictated thusly, bear in mind he did not skip a comma, period, semi-colon, colon, dash, hyphen or slash throughout the whole thing.  Spent quite a bit of time removing colons and periods.  It was ...