A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

2013 new pay compensation programs - blah...ERR

Posted: Dec 12, 2012

I just listened to the recording and now i'm wondering how is my pay going to be determined.  See my account holds clinic and acute care mixed all together.  So which rate will I be paid and why is it that nobody can answer this question w/in the company that I have asked thus far.

I also love that in the beginning of the recording on the presentation is states that we will be compensated for ALL time spent typing and editing to include research, proofing and demographics.  During the meeting, I heard nothing of this, except what our base pays are now going to be.  So in short, they are either cutting or shortly jacking up our pay and we STILL are not getting paid to do what we have to do to complete our jobs besides typing or editing....and the line counts still do not include the header or the cc lines, which sometimes takes longer to find that information and enter it than the entire document would take to edit or type.  We are still not being compensated fairly.  I just want to know which person making millions thought this was a good idea.  Now I can only pend 10% on an account from hell and have to have a 99.4% to even get a bonus or start to get a bonus.  How easy is that going to be when you are marked off a point for fixing a run on sentence or not putting in the word "the".  This stupid QA/QC stuff is on both sides of QA and QC.  I am far from impressed w/ their crappy pay compensation schedule.  I deserve more, why b/c when I originally started in the field of MT, I was making more money right out of college than what I am now years and experience later, yet I am working more hours and producing more lines with a lower line count rate and an incentive and bonus plan that is impossible to reach with this company. 

Why not give those of us who work on hard accounts a little more instead of giving us a one blank pend rule on a string of docs that have yet to realize how to dictate w/out the tape cutting out.  While this is out of my control, the fact that I have to pend for the tape cutting out goes against me, which effects my 10%.  This is insanity.  I'm looking for a new job where I am valued by what I bring to the table, not if I can help them make their TAT time and produce work that doesn't make sense and be marked off for fixing shotty grammar of a dr that can barely speak. 

I just had to vent.

Paid for research, proofing and demos are just words to calm the - masses. Nothing to them. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

I took from this that because you are limited to your scheduled - hours on the clock now, you walk

[ In Reply To ..]
away when you are done. If you are scheduled for 40 hours, when you are clocked in 40 hours you are finished. You can't type off the clock like we've always been allowed and asked to. I wonder how this will play into the pleading (bordering on harrassing) pleas for flexing, jump on and clear this or that now. I would also assume if you aren't making min wage per hour now and on the timeclock this is going to be an issue.

pleas? They ask the part-timers to jump in, thus avoiding overtime. nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Not in my region. If you ask to work they say - sure but remind you no OT. Read
[ In Reply To ..]
between the lines there. It's nothing new and for some it's been an advantage at least.
Not in my region? Huh? Cannot do that with Nuance. sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
No working off the clock allowed.
I know and this is just a further chop to Transcend - pay now. Good while it lasted I guess.
[ In Reply To ..]
I know some say it's not right, but for some struggling to feed their children and keep the lights on, the opportunity to earn that extra was a safety net. That's been pulled out now and believe me will leave a lot of us MLS hurting and without notice.

Webclock doesn't stop you from flexing. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you run out of work you wait 15 minutes and if still out of work, you clock out and clock back in later when work is available.

They will absolutely freak out if you clock in at your scheduled time and stay clocked in when there is no work.

Flexing is basically mandatory when you are OOW or opting to just not get paid.
Out of work is something different. No ability to type - extra off the clock for extra money.
[ In Reply To ..]
This has nothing to do with being out of work, but it will definitely chain you to your desk to get your 8 hours in over the course of a day if work situation is low.
This is true but I kind of see the MTSO side on this one. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know I shall be disliked by the masses for saying this but . . .

In a perfect world (yes I know it is not a perfect world) the mandatory schedule is to make it easier to staff accounts so people who are supposed to be on have work.

There is no way you could figure out how much staff to put on an account when people are logging in "off the clock" randomly.

In the "real" world you have to work a schedule, so I guess I don't see how an employee having to work a set schedule as an MT is such a great evil.

Since you say you were not talking about OOW situations, if you have work then work the schedule you agreed to and get off.

Proceed with the flaming.
Not gonna blast you but - mtmom
[ In Reply To ..]
Well I am not going to blast as I totally get your point but on my particular account I was on, as I just left Transcend now Nuance last week, was radiology paid per report. Now many months ago we got a new dictator and he never got any better so the days he was doing MRIs and such you could pretty much count on not making your production and he tended to be there 10 hours or so a day. We would get emails all the time about accounts being behind and suggesting we log on to boost our production numbers so of course we would because we all saw that our production numbers had greatly decreased over time. Situations like that which were very common at least on my account as well as my primary will be bad for the employee and the company if they do not want to pay that OT because will end up overhiring probably or end up OTAT. I think maybe that is what they are talking about. We had certain hours and number of reports backlogged and then if it was not our scheduled time we got off the system and the TL would watch that so it just depends I suppose. I hated working OT without getting paid but I had to do it to make up for my lost production.

I actually think it's just legalese to cover their butts. - mraker

[ In Reply To ..]
It wasn't in last year's presentation on the slide for Base Pay Program Philosophy, so I think they've added it for CYA, since the Transcend suit is partly related to all the unpaid work their MTs did.

Sure it is and it certainly changes many things. There is - no opportunity to earn more anymore

[ In Reply To ..]
With the timeclock you are now limited to your 40 hours. Whatever you earn production wise during those 40 hours is your compensation for your week on the job. If you spend 5 hours a week on research that is counted in your timeclock time. Maybe if this had been done and enforced years ago compensation would have had to be looked at more closely way before now. I have many team members that have to work over 8 hours a day (off the clock) just to get in their minimum production. Those days (and for some opportunity) are done now.

There are actually 2 bonuses, 1 requires 99%, the other 99.5% - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just to clarify your statement regarding the bonus, the only thing that changed on the bonus we have been getting is the 10% to QA rule.

The other 99.5% bonus is separate from the one we have been getting. So, potentially you could get both (though unlikely with the QA monsters).

I typed both clinic and acute care on a multi system account and was always paid at the higher acute care level for all of it. If you have access to the Alphastaff page look under HR and employee overview and you should see what your classification is.

Similar Messages:

2013 CPT
Oct 11, 2013

Looking for CPT code for excision of 1.5 cm perianal cyst.  Anyone?  ...

2013 Income
Jan 02, 2014

So how did everyone do this year working as an MT? I earned about $36,000. Wished it was more :( ...

Anyone Use MS Word 2013? What
Oct 30, 2014

Is it pretty much the same as 2007 and 2010?  ...

Microsoft Office 2013
Feb 27, 2013

It's time for a new PC, and I found a great deal on a brand new one that comes loaded with MS-Office 2013.  It took forever to get used to 2010.  Anyone here had experience with 2013?  Pros and cons, please.  ...

2013 Pulse Survey - Sm
Aug 09, 2013

Oh, please! ...

2013 HIPPA, How Does That Apply To ICs
Aug 25, 2013

Just saw a posting below where this year we would have a title of business associate instead of ICs. What does this mean to us in any way. I only know the very basics of HIPPA, not how this would differ now. Thanks. ...

AIHMA / Atlanta 2013
Oct 21, 2013

I was at MModal's website and saw that the AIHMA convention is actually going to be in Atlanta next week.  I live in Atlanta and was wondering if anyone has ever been to one of these conventions?   It looks like it mostly pertains to coding and upper management, but several companies are going to have booths there.  They have a 1-day hall expo pass for $75.  I'm just wondering if it might be worth my while to go.  I thought it might be worthwhile just to get a ...

Oh, BROTHER! AHDI's Email About ACE 2013
Apr 05, 2013

AHDI is encouraging me to seek financial support from my employer so I can go to the annual convention this year.  Is this email a joke?  I can't even make a living wage from my employer so I can eat and pay the bills.  What's wrong with these people??? ...

Input From Word 2013 Users
May 12, 2013

Is Word 2013 backwards compatible with Word 97-2003? I  am having to upgrade to a new computer since my work computer just died after several years.  If I get Word 2013, will the hospital and clinics be able to read the documents?  They are running Word 97-2003.  I was previously using Word 2010 and had no issues.  Is it possible to just buy a new license for my disc of Word 2010 after using up the three installs? ...

ADVANCE 2013 Salary Survey
Oct 17, 2013

The ADVANCE Salary Survey is available to participate in and includes asking salary information about medical transcriptionists. Link is below to participate.   ...

Recent (as Of 11/12/2013) Information On Babbletype
Nov 13, 2013

I tested with the company and about 2-3 weeks later, received an email from them stating I had done well on their test and was offered employment as an IC.  In order to test for them, I had to install Google Chrome (making for a total of 4 internet browsers now on my computer).  I felt the testing procedure was a bit cumbersome, but managed to muddle my way through it.  However, the test was a piece of cake, when compared to actually working for this company.  You HAVE to use ...

Outlook 2013 Email Question
Nov 19, 2013

Hope someone can help me with this one.  I recently updated to Windows 8 and Office 2013.  As of about five days ago my deleted messages are NOT showing up in the deleted items folder.  Not sure if I inadvertently changed a setting, or what the problem could be.  I'm using Comcast email, IMAP account.     Thanks!!!  ...

Help! Need New Line Count Software With MS 2013
Feb 02, 2014

Hi. I just switched computers this week (grumble) and my old linecount software doesn't work. I need a line count software (easy to use, cheap? free?) that works with Microsoft Word 2013.  Any ideas?  thanks ...

Companies Compatible With Office 2013
Jun 04, 2014

I've noticed that some companies are insisting on 2007 or 2010 Office systems, depending on what their platforms support.  I currently work for a company whose platform is compatible with Office 2013, which is what I have on my PC, but we're running out of work more and more.  I need to find another company that will accept Office 2013.  Are there are any others out there? ...

Is The Only Way To Purchase MS Word 2010 Or 2013
Oct 30, 2014

Need to buy MS Word for my new job.  However, when I purchased the 2007 version online it was an "academic version" only.  Can't use that.  I guess I have to buy a newer version, like 2010 or 2013, but it seems like the only way to do that is via download and then you pay a subscription of ??? per month or year?  This is fine by me IF the company will allow that.  I just want it to be legal and a licensed full version...obviously the one I purchased online was NOT.& ...

Has Anyone Using Express Scribe Along With Word 2013 Had (sm)
Nov 25, 2014

any trouble with Word not responding.  This happened to me a couple months ago, Geek Squad saw nothing wrong, it stopped happening and then today it happened 3 times within an hour.  Unfortunately I have to terminate the program, lose my work, reboot the system (or it will be extremely sluggish) and then it works fine. I am wondering if it has something to do with FileFort Backup or FastFox which downloaded when I purchased Express Scribe.  Any help would be appreciated! ...

New Graduate March 2013 And Unable To Find A MT Job
Aug 24, 2013

I would like to know how anyone who graduates from Career Step and can not find a job for a MT...I am a graduate of March this year however not with honors. But still every job I have read you need three years experience or more. Very upset all the money put out for extensions, etc and it was a waste of life and time.. Any suggestions on places who give graduates a chance?? ...

Medical Spell Check For Office 2013
Oct 04, 2014

I just bought a computer with Office 2013 and want a medical spell check on it. Any suggestions? ...

Resolve To Make A Fresh Start For 2013! Map Your Career Path With Nuance Transcription Services
Jan 05, 2013

Resolve to make a fresh start for 2013! Map your career path with Nuance Transcription Services!  As if I any one in their right mind wants to work for a company with such high standards that they are unattainable to most.   This underpaying J.O.B. is really not blowing my skirt up anymore!   ...

FTP Programs
Oct 24, 2009

Does anyone know what this is?  Or what FTP stands for? ...

Who Programs The ASR?
Nov 16, 2009

Okay, I want to know who programs the ASR.  I'm told that we do, but anytime I make a ligit change, it doesn't stick.  Yet, all of a sudden, on an account I have been typing on for 3 years, ASR starts changing the word stroke to a backslash (/) and this is for every instance.  If this is something our lovely ILPs are doing, I don't think they are going to last long.  If this is something our new USMTs are doing, it's no wonder our work is being shippe ...

VR Programs
Oct 08, 2012

I would appreciate some feedback on VR programs.  Are you currently working on one you you would recommend?  If so, which one and why?  Also, are you working on one you would not recommend.  If so, which one and why?  I would greatly appreciate this information, as we are just beginning to explore the possibility of going to a VR program and this information would be of great value to us in choosing a program that is transcriptionist friendly.  ...

Programs For A MAC
Dec 28, 2012

Hello.  A friend is a psychiatrist and just got a Mac.  What voice recognition software works well with Macs? ...

Shorthand Programs
Nov 25, 2009

I would like to know a little more about the shorthand programs and which one is best to use? Thank you in advance. ...

Cumbersome EMR And VR Programs
Feb 24, 2010

I just spoke with an MT at a large radiology group who says they use different softwares for different studies. So they have probably 5 different programs to try to merge into one cohesive patient record. So if they have an MRI and a mammogram (two different software programs), she spends her day putting them together. Not only that, but before they implemented these cumbersome programs, they had 2 IT people to run the IT show. Now they have 7 all of these different engines running. They got rid ...

MT Training Programs
May 08, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good online training program for Medical Transcription? ...

Mentoring Programs
Apr 21, 2011

Hi.  I finished MT school at Oak Horizons in November/December of 2010.  I also did an intership for a company and after I finished they told me I needed to get a job in a small clinic so I would have someone working with me.  In my small town there is not any small clinics or any surrounding towns that I know of.  I wanted to ask all of you about any Mentoring Programs?  The only one I have looked into was AIM and some of the feed back I have read was good for the mento ...

Internship Programs
Apr 27, 2011

I am almost finished with my MT course but feel I need more training.  I have heard about internship programs, specifically AIM mentoring program (Houck Transcription) and  Online Transcription Essentials Internship program, both had enrollment fees that aren't too bad.  What their advertising and what I am questiioning is it true that they do hire their interns after the program ends?   ...

Software Programs
Jul 25, 2011

I've worked for 3 different MTSOs. each bought out by another. I was never aware of the type of software programs used by these companies as the work platforms were "proprietary." I'm currently looking for part-time work and notice that most all job applications are asking for the name of or type of software programs used. How do I find out this information? As an example, Webmedx used Enterprise, but I have no idea what software program was used to create this platform. How do I ...

Incentive Programs
Feb 05, 2013

Do most companies offer some type of incentive program on top of regular CPL or is that few and far between? Thanks. ...