A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Former teacher returning to MT field - Mary

Posted: Jul 05, 2011

Greetings from the great state of Oklahoma!  I have returned to the MT field after many years as a teacher, and have recently re-taken my MT certification (I have a prior 2-year degree in the field from 1994.)

I am currently searching for a position either from home or on-site.  Any advice?

Thank you, Mary

Greetings - OKIE

[ In Reply To ..]
I also live in Oklahoma and just wanted to say "hello" as it is rare to find MTs that admit to living in OK. Good luck with your search. What did you teach?

One Okie MT to another... - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
I taught string orchestra for 9 years...moved here to be closer to family and needed to do something that enabled me to experience my daughter's high school years with her. Doesn't seem to be much going on here for MTs...most OK jobs I've seen are in OKC..lol!

Similar Messages:

Seeking Suggestions/advice For Returning To Transcription Field
Nov 09, 2010

I have been out of transcription for almost 2 years.  Long story, but a combination of health problems coinciding with job loss due to cutbacks.  Anyway, I worked for 3 years transcribing for local multi-specialty clinics.  I realize now that was probably a mistake since everyone is hiring for acute care (which I have done but that was 10 years ago).  I have recently seen some companies that are hiring for clinic transcription, but I need to "refresh" my knowledge and skills ...

Teacher Remarks And Down This Week *vent*
May 18, 2010

This has been a difficult MT week for me. I was having a really difficult time with a test I had to submit and asked for some direction from my teacher. She pointed out bluntly what I had wrong and chastized me in my thought process of how I came about the answer. I relistened, researched with her direction, and still was unsure. I vented my frustration saying that I was discouraged that maybe I was not cut out for MT, as my GPA is 90% 4 sessions away from graduation, and I was unsure about how ...

Teacher: Class, How Can We Be More Creative With MT Pay Gouging?
Oct 02, 2013

If a person types 60 words a minute (roughly six lines with 10 words per line), and it takes two minutes to type those six lines (roughly twice the amount of time as dictated), that equates to this: 30 minutes divided by 6 lines equals 5 cents, divided by 2 for the time factor of typing = 2.5 cents a line. I guess we are seeing the new low in the MT limbo dance. ...

Ethics Question About A Life-threatening Issue Posed By Teacher
May 26, 2011

Hello everyone! I'm an MT student who doing a bit of research for one of my classes, and I wanted to ask some real MT's about this one. My teacher posed to us this question: "What if you were privy to information in the same setting of transcribing 2 different clinics who apparently have a shared client, and you found out something about the patient that you perceived as seriously potentially life threatening?  What if there was a medication prescribed in one contex ...

Returning To MT?
Jul 06, 2011

I was a medical transcriptionist from 1999-2006, and 2007-2008.  I worked in a regional health center; did all sorts of reports. And then suffered major burnout. I'm working retail and not really getting by at all.  So, I'm considering the once-unthinkable: Returning to MT. My problem is that I'm not up-to-date on things - the latest procedures, drugs, instruments, anything. I have no idea if my typing skills are up to snuff. I do know I want to do at-home work again as ...

Returning Equipment To MQ
Apr 29, 2010

Recently resigned from MQ and received the mailing labels to ship back their computer and monitor.  However, per the letter, they don't require that you return the mouse, keyboard, and any other peripherals.  It doesn't say you will be charged for them -- it just says they want the computer and monitor. Has anyone left MQ and kept the keyboard and mouse?     ...

Returning To MT After 10 Years Away
Aug 07, 2010

I was a medical transcriptionist for about five years in the late '90s.  Now that my kids are both going to be in school full-time, I'd like to go back to work.  I was able to get an old set of SUM tapes and a transcriber on ebay, so I'm going to be spending the next few months re-learning what I've lost over the years.  At the same time, I will be calling around town to see if I can find some work.  I used to do a lot of chiropractic, which was really eas ...

Returning Equipment
Dec 17, 2013

I quit working for MM in September and haven't heard word about returning their stuff. Can't get any phone numbers and can't get in touch with my old CCM. Any ideas what I should do? ...

Returning To MT Work.
Mar 13, 2015

Morning everyone (or afternoon, depending on time zone).  I'm returning to MT home work after a 2-year absence for family health issues. Have there been any mind-bending changes in the 2 years that I have been gone??  Is VR still 4 cpl?  Have dangerous abbrevs changed? Is the basic 9 cpl still in effect?  Also, what is the download for MT testing (something like express scribe -- I can't remember).  Anyway thanks for taking time to read this.     ...

RETURNING JOBS
Mar 30, 2015

Can your TSM tell if you return a job to the server? ...

Thinking Of Returning To MQ After A Few Years....
Oct 13, 2009

Moderator- PLEASE dont delete! An MTSO that had always had a great rep.  The changes have just been coming hand over fist of late, and I am wondering if the higher pay at MQ may be worth the switch back to be able to have my normals and DQS.  Im frustrated and watching my paycheck dwindle at this MTSO even though they have been good to me otherwise.  I quit MQ with the cesspool and horrible QASAR and inconsistent QA.  Any comments or MQ updates? Returners: Are you glad you ...

Question About Returning Equipment For Those
Dec 06, 2012

Just wondering if anyone else out there has left Nuance and been able to return company equipment? How long did it take for you to get the slip to return it? Did you get your deposit back after you sent your equipment? ...

Looking For Suggestions, Returning To MT After 6 Months Off
Feb 21, 2013

Last summer, after being laid off from my hospital MT job due to cost cutting in our department, I went back to work in the office, working as a receptionist for a family practice.  I was also transcribing the office notes and correspondence as well.  At Christmas, we were told that the doctor had decided to sell his practice to the local hospital.  We were promised raises and I particularly, because of my 20 years as an MT, was promised a position doing MT for the hospital.  ...

Returning Equipment To Nuance
Jun 27, 2013

Can someone who works for or has worked for Nuance tell me what address to return my equipment to?  I just ended my employment with them and have a foot pedal that I need to return to them but I cannot get anyone to answer my emails asking what address to send it to.  Help!!! ...

Returning Company Computer
Sep 04, 2013

Has anybody involved in the terminations from last month received pickup labels or boxes to return company computer yet? ...

Returning To Work Outside The Home?
Dec 25, 2013

Help.  I need advice.  I just got a new job and no one will talk to me.  I have been there 7 days.  The first week was fine, but now I feel like I am getting the cold shoulder.  The guy who is supposed to train me acts like I should already know what I am doing.  I do image scanning now and have a year's expereince, but all scanner systems are different.  I feel like I am catching on pretty well, but he is giving me no feedback, good or bad.  I have been very friendly and asking peo ...

Returning Computer To Imedx.
Feb 15, 2015

When I worked for Transtech, they provided my computer, and when Imedx tookover, I got email that they were transferring ownership to the employees. They didn't say why, but I figured it's probably for taxes, not sure though. Anyhow, if giving notice to Imedx, do they request computers be returned, no matter if it was from TT or not? ...

WMX - Returning Equipment In Original Boxes
Mar 01, 2011

When I started with WMX the instructions were to keep original boxes for return of equipment if you wanted your deposit back.  It's been 3 years, I am not planning on going anywhere and getting tired of those boxes taking up space in my laundry room.  Anyone have experience with sending them back in non-original boxes and still getting deposit back? ...

When Returning Equipment, Will MQ Want The Monitor Back
Dec 31, 2011

as well?  Last time I quit they only wanted the tower back.  Preparing to leave very, very soon but haven't given notice yet so thought I would ask you guys. ...

Returning Equipment - What Number To Call At MModal
Aug 04, 2013

Anyone know what number to call at MModal or where to email to tell them to send boxes for their equipment?  I told my CCM, but have not received anything and I threw everything else away that vaguely reminded me of MModal! ...

Whoever "Coder" Is, You Should Be A Coding Teacher!
Mar 21, 2012

I think I've learned more from you than from my actualy coding teachers and my school!  Just curious if you were an MT turned coder and where you received your education?  Thanks for all your informative and helpful posts! ...

No Laughing (hehe) How Do You Spell "ho?" Client Called Teacher A Sleazy "ho"?
Mar 17, 2010

MT Field
Oct 27, 2009

Don't you wonder why when you were in school you were told about how many jobs there were out there, how your income was endless and depended on how much work you wanted to do? I do have a job, not one that I can live off of, I earn about $200 every other week, but still, at least I have a job. I look at the job board and see how many people have viewed each job and wonder...at least it is just not me, where is the work? I wish that when I was researching school and such that they woul ...

New To Field Need HELP
Dec 26, 2009

I am in need of any help I can get.....I  was trained as a medical transcriptionist in the late 80's and transcribed for approx 2 years.  I  am now trying to get back into the field and needless to say my training from back then is not what employers today want.   SO my situation involves some major confusion.  Here goes,  1.  Schools-----OH MY GOD all of them claim to be the best, all claim that they have what you need, etc.....I am looking for some ...

This MT Field Is A Zoo.
Jan 24, 2012

Been out there a long time.  People are either cut-throat, manipulative and shmooze, or your best friend to your face, yet clickish and cruel.   (and I SO missed high school) Since when is all of that necessary?  Want something?  ASK ME DIRECT and if I cannot help you - STOP THERE.   Something I said in confidence rub you wrong?  TALK TO ME ABOUT IT.  ESPECIALLY WHEN I SENSE IT AND FLAT OUT ASK.  I'm so tired of the games p ...

F11 Key, Next Field
Feb 18, 2012

Years I ago I was able to assign {} to the F11 key and when I hit the F11 key in would jump to the next field in my document which was indicated by a {}.  I had all my docs set up this way and never had a problem until about six months ago.  Does anyone know how to do this.  It was a huge time saver especially in docs that are repetitive.  thanks for any help. ...

Has Anyone Else Gotten Out Of The Field Because
Jul 29, 2013

Field
Jun 23, 2014

i am considering a career as a medical transcriptionist and would like to contact someone in the fiield. Is this a good field.  Are jobs available.   What can I epect to earn? ...

Is MT A Dying Field??
Oct 26, 2009

is MT a dying field?? i hear voice recogintion will make mts obsolete plus companies are outsourcing work to India. ...

To Those Leaving The MT Field
Mar 01, 2010

How long do you think MT'ing will be around?   I'm going back to school to become a social worker, something i've always wanted to do, and need the income while i'm in school.  In fact, today was my first day.  Its an online course and it will take some adjusting, but I feel its time.  I'm following a dream, MT'ing was supposed to be temporary but it is such a cushy job, who would want to leave it?   I think the problem is, there ...