A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Feel like I have looked EVERYWHERE - Tara

Posted: Oct 19, 2010

Where to look now?  I feel like I have looked everywhere possible.  I applied to a place in Minnesota.  They had told me, "After we review all of your tests (which I passed) and your application, along with your online interview, you will be contacted."  I have not yet been contacted, and that was on 9/22.  I have emailed them and everything, and they have not responded.  I was thinking about calling them, but should I even bother?

Also, I had advice from my mother to take the job I was offered from DIT.  I turned it down, and I was glad I did after I read all of the stuff posted on here about them, just to keep my experience up.  I said I wanted to get paid.  She said, "If you don't get paid, at least you will have the experience."  I never contacted them! I want a job!  My advisor/professor told me that the woman from Medical Voice Technology Services would call me after looking at the resumes, etc.  Well, she hasn't! I have sent her my resume and cover letter many times.  She hasn't even called me to offer me a job.  A bunch of the students in my program got hired at that company!   Part of me thinks that my advisor/professor has something out for me! All she keeps saying is, "Keep trying, you'll find something!"  Well, I have applied to every single company I could think of, and have I gotten a job? No!  So frustrated!

I'm with you... - stay positive

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been doing this for 7 years. I had a very similar situation happen, and hmmm, it was from Minnesota. I passed testing, did a phone interview and was told I met all the things they were looking for. I was told I would hear something within a week. A week went by nothing. The next week I got an email that said that location decided not to hire and they were going to send my info to another location and would hear something back.....again nothing for 2 weeks. Then got an email saying after further review they decided they couldn't utilize my skills to the best of their abilities, WTH does that mean? Is that like saying you're over qualified? That company has since posted 2 ads for the same job. Whatever! I have applied for numerous jobs, passed many tests and nothing. I was starting to get really down, worried about not having enough work and started applying for jobs outside of transcription, just so I would have enough income to cover my bills.
About 2 weeks ago I found a transcription ad on my local craigslist, applied and spoke with them this week. Yesterday I ran into another local transcriptionist who has a bunch of accounts and said she has a new doc coming on and could use me. These local 2 are not in any speciality I have already worked with, but they are both good prospects and pay a lot more than bigger companies are offering.
Check as much as you can locally. It's not always easy but I think you may have more luck getting in with someone locally who is willing to work with you and help you get your foot in the door. I actually started locally, and ended up going from local to a few small businesses, to bigger national companies. I saw my pay drop along the way. I am excited to have these new local jobs again, and more excited that my pay will go up!

Have looked at Craigslist - Tara

[ In Reply To ..]
I have looked at Craigslist before and everyone says 2+ experience! I am so lost as to where to look, what to do! So frustrating!

I would suggest following up all applications a few - days later with a phone call, just to -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
be sure they even received your application. Sometimes they don't upload properly when you send them out. So even if the site says "No Phone Calls", I would still call just to be sure they received the application.

If they did, I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask if there is a specific time-frame in which you can expect to be contacted about the job.

In the meantime, while waiting for that contact (which may or may not ever come), continue looking and applying for other jobs. You wouldn't want to miss the perfect job somewhere down the line, if you were instead waiting to hear back from this company.

If the recruiter or human resources department gets your call to verify receipt of your application, then at the very least, they know you're serious about wanting the job. And if they give you a hard time about having called to ask about the application, even after you explain that you hadn't heard back and were concerned that your application didn't upload properly, then you probably don't want to work for them, anyway.

Similar Messages:

Have Any Of You Looked Into.......
Aug 25, 2013

.......getting an RHIT?  This is just one of the things I am considering. ...

Just Looked At My W2
Jan 21, 2015

I haven't made such a low amount since the early 90s, and that was working a low-paying job with great benefits - which was the only thing that kept me there. ...

Don't Know Why I Even Looked...
Jun 22, 2015

Open for any suggestions on how to handle this one?  I am on vacation.  I'm from Chicago and right now in a hotel in Asheville NC on a road trip until July 1!  I checked my email and saw that I have a failed audit and have a scheded mandatory conference call on Wednesday at 11 am. Well, I am going to be in the van with my family on my way to Virginia at that time!!  Should I call and let the pod mistress know or act like I never checked?  I had such a feeling someth ...

Regarding Paychecks. I Looked At How Many Hours
Jan 10, 2010

I decided to look how many hours left in PTO and it was deducted today because I used some PTO on this paycheck that should have been deposited in my account yesterday morning.  I think that is good news?  Payroll doing their job?  Maybe it means paychecks should be in our accounts in pending mode which should be deposited first and then deductions taken out next.  Otherwise, my direct deposit check would not show until the 12th which to me, is one day late.  ...

Have You Ever Looked Up Your TSM On Google Or Facebook?
Oct 22, 2013

I was curious what she looked like so I looked her up.  She looks *exactly* like she sounds.  Have you ever looked yours up?  ...

Anyone Looked Into Being A Medical Scribe?
Dec 04, 2014

Just a thought, has anyone looked into being a medical scribe?  I am not sure what the difference is compared to what we do as MTs.  Do any of you?  There seems to be more of a need for them out in the real world.  ...

Looked Up My Account On Google. Curious.
Aug 18, 2012

They are hiriing MT's in-house.  Looking for an MT who graduated from high school, some college experience in medical transcription and 1-2 years experience.  Pay is 15.50-22.50 an hour with benefits.  I'm applying!  ...

I See That More Than 150 People Have Looked At My Post, But No Recommendations
Apr 24, 2015

Dear Friends: I see that more than 150 people looked at my message, but no recommendations as of yet. I hate be a bother, but can I get some recommendations for headphones for people who use hearing aids.  Thanks so much.  Sincerely,  Suzie ...

What A Smack In The Face! Just Looked At My Pay Stub For The 1st Time
Nov 11, 2010

in a few months. I get direct deposit and rarely check my pay stubs on line. I've been doing significantly more lines this month so I wanted to see exactly what I make per line on ASR. I went from 6.75 to .555!! What? I am SO upset and disappointed. Why didn't they tell me about this huge cut in pay? Here I was calculating my lines at the 6+ rate, only to see on my pay stub that I've been making substantially less per line. I feel sick! I am going to contact my supe, but I don ...

Has Anyone Looked Into Buying Health Insurance Through The Marketplace Instead?
Nov 05, 2014

I mean, Nuance ins doesn't cover anything really. It's only in case of something catastrophic and then you'd better be able to pay $5000 out of pocket right? I mean we have to pay for everything until we hit $5000 just for the insurance to even start paying for anything. Right? Is Obamacare better than that? If it is, it's not affordable at all. ...

Patient Wrote This On His Chart - Grispang For Ringworm. ?? I Looked On Google And Unless I'm
Dec 14, 2009

x ...

Patient Had C6-7 ACDF Surgery *cancerous* Part Of The Graft Looked Satisfactory??? Thanks. Nm
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

I Looked At My Count Thus Far For "incentive" Weekend And Realized
Mar 07, 2011

My lph doing ASR is the same as my lph for straight typing!! - I'm not a fast typist anymore - hands a bit stiff at my old age. I've tried everything, including only using the keyboard and no mouse. Just too much stopping and starting - at least 3 times a line. And if it's a correction, extra time needed to highlight and type over. It felt so good to get a couple typing jobs as I had some continuity going - none of this herky jerky of stop-start-stop....... I've got my res ...

Man, I Feel For New MTs...
Aug 07, 2010

I was just looking at the Word Help board - I can't imagine working at home by myself, having no one to ask for help.  When I first started, you could turn to the person next to you and get some help.  They've really been thrown to the wolves.  Good luck, all!! ...

Feel The Same Way
Sep 10, 2010

as the poster below.  I think the lag in our computers now with the 6.1 is either because the ILPs are "observing" while we are typing or there is a spyware included to watch our keystrokes and screens.  Getting paranoid. ...

Does Anyone Else Feel This Way? (sm)
Aug 26, 2011

Today is payday. Never knowing what it will be until I check my bank account, I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach while logging on to my bank's website. It's sort of like butterflies, but not as pleasant a feeling!  This morning, I took a look at the last five deposits. Most are within 20 or 30 dollars, but they all are getting progressively smaller, smaller, smaller. Compared to two years ago, it's literally half of what I was making. Egads! Soon I will be p ...

Does Anyone Else Feel Like This?
Jan 11, 2012

I know a lot of you work for companies right now that do not have enough work and I can truly empathize with you, have been in that boat as well. But the company I work for begs us to do overtime every single solitary weekend, aka Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have been in this field for almost 30 years and quite honestly I am burnt out. I put in my 40 hours a week and feel the rest of my life is my time. I have neck problems and back problems as well, but still manage to do my best and am also ...

I Just Have To Say That I Feel Sorry For Those MTs
Apr 22, 2012

Who are actually listening and believing this BS that WMJ is spewing out. She or he does NOT have your best interest at heart. If you choose to do the sick out I can guarantee that you will not have a job when you try to log back in on the 2nd. We work in an at will employment job. They can lock you out and not even give you a reason for letting you go. We do not have a union which would protect you in a strike situation though I for one still would not want to be in a union because they ar ...

Ever Feel Like
Aug 14, 2012

The so called random dictation is designed to slow you down, makes me mad when I just want to get the work done without constanting stopping and starting, rearranging the formats, etc.    ...

Do You Ever Feel Like
Oct 18, 2012

a note and say, "Hey, the reason you have having to s-p-e-l-l these simple words now is because your chart notes are being done in India."   All part of the plot to push for off-shoring the work because there are "so few qualified US MTs."  ...

To MTs Over 50 Who Feel They Won't Be Able
Dec 03, 2012

they'd be too old to start at the bottom and no one will hire them, consider getting your real estate license.  It only takes 2 months, and this happens to be an industry where it seems age actually is of benefit!  Trust me, I've done it and now an apartment manager in a small complex where I pay no rent and no utilities.  Try it if interested, you might like it :) ...

Ever Feel Like You Can Never Do Anything Right.
Dec 22, 2012

I made 99.125 on my audit this month.  Why do i feel this company still considers this failing. One thing is for sure, I cannolt wait until I get another job. ...

Anyone Feel Like Me?
Aug 20, 2013

I am so sick and tired of this work, this company, and really hate sitting down here every day for the past 20 years.  It gets harder each day with every new rule, policy or threat we receive.  Whether there is work or not, I feel the same way - I am so burned out on this garbage.  I am still far from retirement and really trying to find a way to refocus myself to concentrate on this mind-numbing drivel that ASR puts out.  I am so sick and tired of putting in commas, taking o ...

How Are You All Going To Feel
Dec 03, 2013

when fast food workers are making $10/hour? ...

Sometimes I Feel Like...........
Dec 11, 2013

one of those bears on a track in the carnival shooting games.  Shoot-ding-turn, shoot-ding-turn......... ...

How I Feel...
Apr 22, 2014

Today I could so easily throw my computer and reference books in a pile in the middle of my office, light a match, and walk away. ...

Anyone Else Feel This Way.....
Aug 29, 2014

I started my job at the high school cafeteria and believe it or not, love it.  Min wage never felt so good.  I'm still doing MT at night, but have been having a *forget this* attitude.  Plus, with the work load at my MTSO being so friggin' slow, it just depletes my motivation.  If we really didn't need the money, I would up and quit.  {{sigh}} ...

What Must That Feel Like?
Nov 21, 2014

I'm going to preface this by asking that there be NO judgment ... no snarky "get out of the field then" or "don't let the door hitcha in the arse" comments.  I'm just having one of "those" days where I feel absolutely horrible about the work that I do.  Tomorrow, I will be fine again and we all have these days from time to time.  I'm getting ALL crappy reports today.  I can't seem to understand ANY of the dictation I've gotten, I've barely ...

Aah, I Feel For It Again
Feb 24, 2015

The old bait and switch .  Ask you to work OT and then give you the worst of the worst.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  I sure could use the extra money but don't want to go through the "crap" to earn it. ...

I Feel REALLY Dumb Asking This But
Nov 15, 2009

I have a doc describing a cough and I can not come up with the correct spelling on the end of the word.  It is a rattley cough, as in rattle-like sounding cough.  It is not rattling, but rattle-e.  Some days, the brain is just not functioning.  Duh!  Sorry. ...