A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

new contest: 6.1 download stories - confuzzled

Posted: Oct 02, 2010

We need a new contest for download disastors.  I win.  My computer wouldn't accept the download.  Support tried to fix it for a week, then sent a new MQ computer.  When it arrived, I was on my way to the door to get it.  Our German shepherd got excited and up ended me.  I laid there with a nicely fractured hip.  Fed Ex handed me the plate to sign through the door and I waited quietly for the ambulance.   I am now on short term disability. 

Don't think anyone will beat that one! - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
D*mn MQ. All part of their master plan!

6.1 - Amelia

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got off the phone with support, again! I have not been able to get any help for a month as my computer will not download. The tech I spoke to told me to just hold off until the "new version" comes out in a couple of weeks because of all the problems with 6.1.

OMG - Shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
Talk about work-related injuries! I know your poor dog must be sooo sorry. Heal quickly!

Got me beat!! My thought are with you to heal quickly - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I forgot to wish you well when I posted about my problems with downloading - Amelia

[ In Reply To ..]
Wishing you the best while you are recuperating. The first thing I always sign up for is short and long term disability, but I hate that you are having to use it in this way. By the time you are back on your feet, perhaps we will have the new version of 6.1. I did not even know one was being released. I have been reading the threads, who loves the program, who hates it. God bless you during your recvoery.

Workman's comp - BUNION

[ In Reply To ..]
I would think, otherwise you would have not had to go to the door to get it. hahaha How otherwise would we get it besides CTS or I am afraid some day I may just fall off my chair. But in all reality, I am soooo sorry to hear that, best wishes, speedy recovery. I do believe it should be long-term as that does not heal overnight. Take care sister.

New Contest 6.1 - sarmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry for your injury & hope you heal w/o quickly. After you are up and about, your German Shepherd (I have 3) can be trained to "sit and wait" at door or learn "down stay." There are books available to teach this or suggest enrolling in "dog training" class. Age of K-9 does not matter. At 60+ pounds, GSDs are big powerful dogs and can cause problems/trauma to humans when not obedience trained. When door is opened the "sit/stay", or if going for a walk, command is "sit/wait" until you invite them to step outside.

Definitely takes the cake! - mtwhiz

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, that beats me getting a new system and just finishing about 90% of my autotext "rebuild" and then my "new" system crashing! I think yours takes the cake!!!!

Similar Messages:

Give Me Stories On Being CONFUSED At A New Job...
Jul 21, 2010

With account specifics and software at first, but then finally getting it. I can type dictation just fine, it's just learning software and account specifics for a new jobs that ALWAYS gets me down. I will not give up on this job though. Or really, I can't. I'm financially strapped, so I must do this job, even if it kills me. LOL. Any stories and/or tips on getting through the learning curve of a new job? ...

Positive Stories Of Getting A Job With A RHIT
Dec 28, 2014

Are there any positive stories of getting a job with a RHIT? I've read a lot of stories of a RHIT being a waste of time, but can anyone give me positive examples of getting a job with this degree? ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking Success Stories?
Nov 12, 2009

I'd like some advice from those out there that are using this.  I have 32-bit Vista.  I have heard that version 10 is a nightmare to install with cruddy tech support from Nuance.  Therefore, I am considering going with version 9 Preferred if I can find it.  I can't afford the Medical software, but I have heard of MTs having good results with training the Preferred version to medical words.  My hands are bothering me, and I need to get this software to help out with reports.  ...

New Contest
Sep 03, 2010

Anybody see the email about the new contest?  Hurry hurry hurry, upgrade to 6.1 soon, and you too can have the chance to pay taxes on a prize and tell everyone how wunnerful wunnerful the new upgrade is. ...

Next Contest
Sep 09, 2010

We will be asked to write a song about the new upgrade.   Lots of fun With six point one! The upgrade just makes sense To boost our confidence In our company who cares About those who own the shares.   ...

Contest
Sep 21, 2010

so whatever happened to this contest where they were going to give out $400 Wal-Mart gift cards?  Just blowing smoke again? ...

FTR Essay Contest
Mar 22, 2010

OH MY GOD!   The Q is having an essay contest about what is wonderful about FTR.  I just picked myself up off the floor because I was and still am laughing hysterically.  Nothing surprises me any more at the Q...  nothing!!! ...

Hey, Whatever Happened To That Contest?
Sep 27, 2010

Maybe if they wait long enough, nobody will remember, right? ...

What Happened With That Contest?
Oct 27, 2010

Remember the contest they were running when we downloaded 6.1?  The one with the flat screen TVs?  I might have missed something, but did anybody win? ...

DQS 6.1 Contest Winners
Nov 16, 2010

... on the prizes, I guess the TV winner probably won't be getting much of a paycheck for that pay period! ...

MT Essay Contest
Apr 13, 2012

That we are not typists. This is something MTSOs need to realize. There is a skill set required here that goes beyond being a typist and speech recognition technology. That these are LEGAL documents and that the mistakes that go through all the time could be an issue because companies AND transcriptionists are being allowed to be brought to trial over errors in several states now. That we realize as soon as a machine can replace us, we'll be gone. That it makes me laugh that I re ...

MT Contest For Thursday
May 21, 2015

Anybody else having trouble submitting the fiirst section?  Hit submit button and it will not take.  The other section (s) worked fine.  Very strange. ...

First Time Right Essay Contest
Apr 02, 2010

So to those of you who said don't enter....you were foolish...you could have gotten a $50 gift card...   Medquist is doing what it should be doing....providing quality to the facilities and the patients that we transcribe for!   My thoughts...   Benchmark KB is great....everything is at your fingertips now........   Google isn't always right.....remember that..... ...

DocQscribe 6.1 Upgrade And Contest
Sep 06, 2010

There is a drawing for prizes if you upgrade the DocQscribe 6.1 by midnight and I watched all the presentations and have been sending emails for 2 days to my CCM to get instructions on how to upgrade and she won't answer my emails and if I don't upgrade by midnight I won't be entered for the prizes.  I'm so mad now.  How do I make her answer me.  What can I do? ...

What Happened To The Big Contest Results?
Sep 07, 2010

Pressure was on BIG TIME for us to upgrade 6.1 by Sunday so we would be entered in the contest, with winners notified 9/6.  Nothing has come through.  Nice.   This place sucks. ...

Do You Even Contest The Stupid Errors?
Apr 26, 2014

The other day I got a FIESA report for putting "anger" issues, instead of "anger issues". It wasn't a major error but COME ON!!!!! ...

Mt Week Contest Problem
May 19, 2015

Anyone having problems with the contest today?  It won't let me choose an answer.  Just wondering if it's my computer or an issue on their end. ...

Has Anyone At Transcend Heard Who Won The I Love Me Contest That Was
May 14, 2011

such a big deal?  Wonder which one of SG's pals will be selected. ...

Did You See Those Long Sentences For The Daily Contest Winners?
May 21, 2013

I thought it was supposed to be a 1 sentence entry. ...

Has Anyone Seen Final Results From Transcend Biggest Loser Contest
Sep 12, 2010

that was promised for 08/28/2010?    This was by far the most unfair contest yet.  It was spread over all platforms, all work types, and there is no way someone on BeyondBelief can compete in production with someone on Escription.  I hope they think future contests out a little bit better so everyone can have a chance to win rather than just the chosen few.  ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

BOS 2 Download
Sep 04, 2010

can anyone here share with me how to download the BOS 2 onto my desktop.  My puter crashed some time ago and I am trying to add sites and programs as I remember what was on the other puter.  Thanks. ...

Can We Still Download DQS 6.1?
Jul 18, 2012

Have been using a MQ computer and not yet transitioned to DQS7. Just got a "new" XP system (built by a friend) and would ilke to test out using it for MQ as it is supposed to be faster than my ancient MQ system. I need to know how to download it.  If we can.  It was all ready on the MQ machine. anybody, thanks ...

Download ISP At Least 2 Mbp Now?
Sep 25, 2013

Found out the hard way just this week that download speed is now 2 mbp or greater, with fluency shutting down on uploads.  When did this happen?  I was treated as if it is my ISP that is below-par on speed, but had upped to a 1.5 mbp plan just for "Q" a year ago.  Did my ISP just stop working well with Fluency, or did the "Q" once again cause issues without allowing its employees who are home-based to plan for them.  Now my production is zilch for the week of the ISP learning ...

BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD
Mar 19, 2010

Does anyone know where I can download reference books to buy?  I would like to skip the wait for books and just download reference materials/resources.  Any ideas?  Looking for drug reference books, etc. ...

Chartnet Download
May 12, 2012

Just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with Chartnet, every time I try to log in it gives me an error message stating error loading voice client class not registered. Thanks for any help. ...

Help -- How Do I Download DQS7?
Jun 27, 2012

Hi -   Hard to teach me new tricks.  Where do I d/l DOQ7?  Thanks. ...

DQS 7.1 Download Link
Sep 22, 2012

Anyone have the link to download DQS 7.1? I had to get it from support the first time but didn't write it down and want to put it on my personal laptop for mobility. Thanks in advance. ...

DQS Frozen - Cant Download Anything Nm
Oct 26, 2012

nm ...

Where Can I Download A Copy Of TSG?
Jul 24, 2014

Does anyone know where on the intranet I can download a copy of the TSG? I keep looking everywhere but I can't find it. ...