A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

mark off by QA... seriously? - :)

Posted: Dec 05, 2009

Dictator dictates "She like has a problem with like eating solid foods, however, like can eat mostly anything soft." 

I left out some "likes".... "She has a probalem with eating solid foods, however, can eat mostly anything soft."  I got .25 taken off for each "like" I left out.  This is not a verbatim account and it drives me crazy because if I try to make a complete/proper sentence or even try to use English (with MT rules of course) I get marked off!  (that is mostly for just adding her/he to the beginning of a sentence of something)  Why don't they just tell us that it is verbatim and then I will put that stupid jargon in there?  Is this wrong?  I mean is it really against the rules?  I am dead serious because I just don't know anymore.  You would think that doctors of all people, who are suppose to have a high level of education, would not want to sound like idiots on paper... right?

That was your QC doing an audit. I sure - would ask about that one

[ In Reply To ..]
though. MMEs have been told to stick to the "style" of the dictator and be as verbatim as possible across the board with all MQ accounts. That would fall under "style" ...but sure seems questionable. E-mail/voice-mail message/ and/or IM your QC ! One of those means of communication ought to get his or her attention.

I would say you acct specfics is lacking. Dictation sounds like teenagers talk LIKE LIKE LIKE - .

[ In Reply To ..]
alllll should be listed in acct specific, if it can be marked off, should be in there (not a mind reader)

I can think of the other term that drive me bats, that is said every other sentence, they just seem to get stuck on it or trying to look "with it."

We are not allowed to use our brains anymore - kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
If we were, they'd feel they would actually have to pay us what we are worth.

Ridiculous. I'd make a big stink about this one.....

That might be the worst I've heard yet! - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
I would DEFINITELY argue about that one. I would have typed it the same way you did - putting in the "likes" makes the dictator sound like an idiot.

I can never bring myself to type things like "the patient has got edema." I leave out the "got" because it sounds stupid. I'll probably get busted for it soon.

Remove the brain from the equasion - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
With the huge paycuts, the Q has taken the brain out of th equasion. The dictation is to go from our ears and out our fingers, bypassing the brain altogether. I've agonized over QA's inconsistency, where, if correcting a former ding, I only get dinged for the correction later.

I've almost reached the point where I will transcribe, "A 27-yearS-old male who comes in with womiting and dire-rear," if that's what's dictated. Garbage in, garbage out!

Oops, you know what I meant - equation! nm - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

"brains" - charlotte

[ In Reply To ..]
"GIGO." exactly right.

of course, all ancillary medical workers (nurses, techs, MTs) have been expected for EVER so long to cover for docs' thoughtlessness or flat-out stupidity. (maybe because, ultimately, the doc has to answer for any bad outcomes..?)

in the docs' defense, i could understand if it was, say, ER and doc was dictating hurriedly while going from one patient to the next.

anyway...they make (and pay) the big bucks (and good for them to be able to earn that much). we, however, are expected to "pay attention to detail" and be perfect, and they are not.

i just don't get it. guess i've not used my brains in a while :)

like,like, like.... - charlotte

[ In Reply To ..]
there is one dictator on my account who can't put together a cogent sentence--doesn't even know the difference between "a" and "an" (says "a acute pain," for example). along with that, there are chats with other staff while the recorder is running, beginning a dictation, giggling, then disconnectng...i can't believe this person graduated high school, let along university.

i transcribe exactly as this twit dictates. i'm not mommy--and certainly not about to cover for idiot what-passes-for-english.

stupid docs - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
My supervisor at my very first MT job in 1973 (with many foreign docs) told me, "Don't let my guys sound stupid."

I never will, and if MQ wants to fire me for that, they get what they deserve.

Let's face it, MD is NOT a degree in literacy.

I got .25 taken off for typing Bell's Palsy - vickypage

[ In Reply To ..]
and the QA said it should be "Bell Palsy"???

BOS-2 states 's is acceptable. Send this to - QC and get 0.25 pt back!

[ In Reply To ..]
The BOS-2 downloadable from MQ Central states:

eponyms
While the use of the possessive form with eponyms remains acceptable, AAMT's preference is generally to drop the possessive form.

Apgar score
Babinski sign
Down syndrome
Gram stain
Hodgkin lymphoma

Sometimes an awkward construction calls for use of the possessive form.

This patient suffers from Hodgkin's.

Copyright (c) 2002 American Association for Medical Transcription

Similar Messages:

On-The-Mark Transcription
Jan 09, 2010

Hello Everyone: I was just offered a job from On-The-Mark Transcription and am wondering if anyone knows or has experience with this company? I cannot find them on the better business bureau. It is a smaller company and pays less than most places but hires many new graduates. I am worried about getting into something that might be "unsafe". Please respond if you have heard anything about this company. Thanks. Kim ...

On The Mark Transcription
Dec 08, 2010

I received an answer from this company and have a chance to work for them.  Thing is he says regarding pay, the transcriptionists get paid when he does.  He bills the hospital and when they pay he pays.  He says sometimes it takes 2 months to get paid.  Does anyone have any other info on this company? Is he reliable?  Thanks!     ...

Mark Your Calendars !!!!!!!!
Oct 11, 2011

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2011:   Occupy Together - a Global Protest   PEACEFUL  protests, occupations and open dialogue will be held nationwide, so if you've had enough of the farce that is the U.S. corporate reality today, which has forced us into the dire realities we all face in our own lives, then make your presence felt!  DON'T WORK ON SATURDAY.    Even if you don't attend  a protest, DON'T WORK ON SATURDAY.   Even ...

This VR Is So Far Off The Mark, It's SCARY:
Jan 26, 2012

Dictated:  "The patient arrived from home by auto." VR's Version:  "The patient arrived by curvilinear polo player."  ...

On-the-Mark Anybody Have Any Experience With This Company?
Apr 22, 2011

nm ...

Question Mark On ADT Screen
Apr 01, 2015

I thought this was supposed to be fixed?  I am so tired of having to re-enter the information.  If I can find it in the database, why is there still a question mark? One more thing we do for free. ...

QA Says IT Finally Fixed The Question Mark Issue.
Mar 20, 2015

Although, she said it will take a while to retrofit all the accounts and then we can stop correcting the question marks in the ADT. Huh? Two TSMs ago I was told we didn't have to correct the question marks anymore. I haven't corrected the question marks in at least the last year and a half. ...

Medical Transcription - Health Insurance For A New Employee At The 30-day Or 60-day Mark?
Mar 01, 2010

Anyone know of a company who starts health insurance  for a new employee at the 30-day or 60-day mark? ...

Skin Shows A (s/l Cathy-o-lay Morph (could Be Mark) On The Right Shoulder.
Oct 03, 2010

TIA :-) ...