A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This VR is so far off the mark, it's SCARY: - Meerkat

Posted: Jan 26, 2012

Dictated:  "The patient arrived from home by auto."

VR's Version:  "The patient arrived by curvilinear polo player." 

I believe - mmmt

[ In Reply To ..]
the company has given up on it and is working on the new program, thus, crappy ASR. Yes, it is getting worse and worse. Don't think anybody in tech is working on it anymore. JMHO

Well that would answer the question I wrote above - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you 100% sure they are trashing this program? I have a friend who left here and says that their program is 100% better..Heck I bought Dragon Speak when I worked for another company, not even the medical version, the 30 dollar one and it was better...:-)

That's what I hear - mmmt

[ In Reply To ..]
They do keep postponing it but it is supposedly in the works. My post above is just my opinion on why ASR has gotten so bad lately but it makes sense. They sent everybody new computers for it so I imagine it is going to happen, just hope it is before I go broke and hope it is better than this garbage.

Similar Messages:

Mark Off By QA... Seriously?
Dec 05, 2009

Dictator dictates "She like has a problem with like eating solid foods, however, like can eat mostly anything soft."  I left out some "likes".... "She has a probalem with eating solid foods, however, can eat mostly anything soft."  I got .25 taken off for each "like" I left out.  This is not a verbatim account and it drives me crazy because if I try to make a complete/proper sentence or even try to use English (with MT rules of course) I get marked off!  (that is mostly ...

On-The-Mark Transcription
Jan 09, 2010

Hello Everyone: I was just offered a job from On-The-Mark Transcription and am wondering if anyone knows or has experience with this company? I cannot find them on the better business bureau. It is a smaller company and pays less than most places but hires many new graduates. I am worried about getting into something that might be "unsafe". Please respond if you have heard anything about this company. Thanks. Kim ...

On The Mark Transcription
Dec 08, 2010

I received an answer from this company and have a chance to work for them.  Thing is he says regarding pay, the transcriptionists get paid when he does.  He bills the hospital and when they pay he pays.  He says sometimes it takes 2 months to get paid.  Does anyone have any other info on this company? Is he reliable?  Thanks!     ...

Mark Your Calendars !!!!!!!!
Oct 11, 2011

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2011:   Occupy Together - a Global Protest   PEACEFUL  protests, occupations and open dialogue will be held nationwide, so if you've had enough of the farce that is the U.S. corporate reality today, which has forced us into the dire realities we all face in our own lives, then make your presence felt!  DON'T WORK ON SATURDAY.    Even if you don't attend  a protest, DON'T WORK ON SATURDAY.   Even ...

On-the-Mark Anybody Have Any Experience With This Company?
Apr 22, 2011

nm ...

Question Mark On ADT Screen
Apr 01, 2015

I thought this was supposed to be fixed?  I am so tired of having to re-enter the information.  If I can find it in the database, why is there still a question mark? One more thing we do for free. ...

QA Says IT Finally Fixed The Question Mark Issue.
Mar 20, 2015

Although, she said it will take a while to retrofit all the accounts and then we can stop correcting the question marks in the ADT. Huh? Two TSMs ago I was told we didn't have to correct the question marks anymore. I haven't corrected the question marks in at least the last year and a half. ...

Medical Transcription - Health Insurance For A New Employee At The 30-day Or 60-day Mark?
Mar 01, 2010

Anyone know of a company who starts health insurance  for a new employee at the 30-day or 60-day mark? ...

Skin Shows A (s/l Cathy-o-lay Morph (could Be Mark) On The Right Shoulder.
Oct 03, 2010

TIA :-) ...

OMG, Very Scary
Apr 29, 2010

A friend of mine was just fired from MQ with no warning whatsoever! Apparently she had CC'd the wrong doctor (very similar-sounding names, ESL dictator). I know this is a major HIPAA violation, but everyone makes mistakes...we are only human. My friend always had excellent QA audits above 98%, 15+ years as MT, no other issues with her work. You would think they would look at this on a case-by-case basis, consider past record, when it comes to firing someone on the spot like that. It is ...

Scary, Scary ASR
Sep 10, 2010

doctor clearly states "a fair amount of adhesions;"  ASR transcribed "some adhesions."  That is so bizarre to me and if I wasn't really LISTENING and was just flying through proofreading, I would have missed it.  Not particularly treatment-changing for the patient, but certainly incorrect.  ASR just flat made up dictation there.  Absolutely amazing.  If I did that, I would be fired.  ...

Very Scary
Oct 15, 2014

An app to help interns and residents figure out just what to do in the ER? There's an app for that? They need an app to treat me?  IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM?   omg http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content/new-app-helps-med-students-diagnosis-quickly-in-er/medical-allied-healthcare ...

Scary Software
Feb 17, 2010

During my first visit with a new doctor yesterday, I wondered why I was not presented with the usual "book of history" to fill out beforehand.  As the nurse was asking questions, she was busy clicking on pull-down menus, etc.   On her computer screen was software called SOAPware, and there, formatted into SOAP format and all, I saw my replacement.  Later, in the exam room, the FNP was using the software as well as we went along, after exam, labs, etc.  I made a comment ...

Now THIS Is Reeeely Scary
Jul 03, 2010

I was just searching the web to find a type of surgical camera and found this on a used equiment site... Can you imagine...if THAT voice recognition worked as well as MQ's voice recognition... what kind of things might get taken out during surgery.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Surgical robot, AESOP, voice activated - $6,500 List: $75,000. MedCon: VG. Aesop model 2000 surgical robot, made by Computer motion medical robotics company. Also called an automated ...

Check This Out, Very Scary
Nov 13, 2010

A doctor who cannot pronounce encephalomalacia! She fumbles around with it for a while and then says "oh well, I will just spell it" and did so like she was asking a question (did spell it correctly though). This is an English speaking dictator with an MD credential.  Must be a resident as she has a co-signer but, my God, she should be more familiar with terms by now you would think.  She also fumbles around with common medication names and mg instead of mcg for Synthroid. Fo ...

Scary VR Error
Aug 26, 2012

VR:  has been taking a lot of Tylenol. Should be:  has been taking allopurinol.  VR's way of "thinking" is getting a little bit frightening.  It seems like it's changing context to accommodate its own errors.  I've seen it insert words and phrases that are clearly not dictated but would "fit" with the mistyped term. ...

Scary Thought...
Oct 03, 2012

First, VR was going to replace us.  When that didn't work, now we -- American MTs -- are fine-tuning VR so the Indian MTs can replace us.  And to make sure this happens, MTSOs are paying us unfair, unlivable wages to force us out, thus forcing clients to accept what they get from the Indian MTs because there won't be enough qualified American MTs left. I know this really isn't news, but I thought I'd share anyway. ...

This Doctor Needs To Retire, Scary!
Nov 02, 2010

I have this doctor I've been working with for a few years through a company, who is very old.  He frequently loses his place while dictating and often doesn't make sense.  Today has been bad already.  One report he dictated 3 sentences that did not make sense, nor was it clear what he was really trying to say.  Another report he dictated the exam, paused, started to dictate exam and then realized he already did, started with the impression, dictated #1, t ...

Very Scary. Another Breach Of Medical
Dec 21, 2010

dictation found on the internet back in 2008.  Just now reporting this apparently to the general public.  Just saw this on Facebook.  ...

Silent Type Is Getting So Scary
Feb 05, 2014

This is getting so scary.  It's more than just holiday slowdown and winter storms.  Where is all the work?  Please, please, please, if any CURRENT employee knows anything, I'm begging you to share with the rest of us.  ...

This Is So Scary - Regarding Work Sent Offshore
Apr 01, 2015

Too long to post here, but this is a must read.  Link below. ...

As A Diabetic, Some Of These Residents/interns Are Scary
Oct 18, 2011

Just had one dictate that this teenager took:  Insulin 300-unit meal bolus plus 1 unit per 15 g carbs.  Considering 300 units is a whole vial, that could be deadly.  Looking back at old records it was supposed to be:  Insulin 300 units/3 mL.  Meal bolus: 1 unit per 15 g carbs. ...

This Must Be A Scary Time To Be An MTSO. Formerly Placid
May 29, 2013

work and be happy they had a job.  But now, those same MTs have turned into slueths sniffing out less than honest MTSO.  Must be scary to know any day, you could get a call from an attorny, like what happened to Transcend management.  Like what happened to MM several years ago. Must be scary to be an MTSO and know that you have to do business in an honest fashion, or else, these days, good chance you will be caught being dishonest.  Must be scary to think at the very least y ...

"Skip The Scary Movie Marathon And Work Overtime!"
Dec 13, 2013

Anyone else get a status update that included "Skip the scary movie marathon and work overtime"? Them constantly asking for OT is what's scary and full of horror!  But I need the money, so I guess I'll batten down the hatches and "find an hour or two before or after my shift" to help them out!  Heaven forbid the managers ever hop on and transcribe!  But I know they don't because when you ask them a simple question about account specs, they have no clue!  If ...