A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody figured out how to disable AUTOSAVE? - anonymous

Posted: Sep 29, 2010

I still swear that is what is bogging down my computer.  Every time my computer "freezes" for a few seconds, I see that Autosave message in the left lower corner of the screen.  Then it will catch back up and type better for a little bit.  I Googled how to turn it off or reset the Autosave to less frequently, but didn't really get a good answer. 

In Word 2003 click on (sm) - OTE

[ In Reply To ..]
Click Tools, Options, Save tab, change the "save autorecovery information every" to 0 minutes.

This is for DQS. Not Word. - k

[ In Reply To ..]
z

Can you disable for DQS? - Forever in your debt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

ChartNet's ExpandText Disable?
Oct 26, 2009

New to ChartNet. It's built-in expander is conflicting with my own expander. I think I saw a place to disable the one in ChartNet, but I cannot find it now. Can someone tell me where to disable it? Thank you ...

How To Disable F1 Key In MS Word 2007???
Apr 07, 2011

Does anyone have an idiot-proof (read: computer illiterate) way to disable the F1 key in Microsoft Word 2007?  I use F2 to jump to different spots in the report and always end up hitting F1 instead, which brings up the Microsoft help box.  So annoying!!  Any help with this one is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance! ...

Autocorrect--How Do I Disable Expander For
Mar 13, 2013

The only time I really need to do this is when I'm typing allergies.  Account specs are to cap whole drug word, but when the shortcut for the drug expands, it expands to lowercase. Is there a key to hit to disable for just one word?  Esc worked in IT, but not for Autocorrect. thanks :-) ...

How To Disable Cookies On Vista Windows
Jul 15, 2010

can you tell me where to find the place in my computer to disable cookies?  a tech did it for me today on my desktop and i want to do it on my laptop but don't remember where to find it.  i've been floundering around here 30 min and now can't find it...thanks. ...

How Do You Disable The Red Rectangle Voice Cursor
Feb 20, 2015

. ...

Instant Text 7 Pro: Anyone Know How To Disable An Unwanted Glossary?
Apr 30, 2013

I only want to use the glossary of terms that I've established on IT (and works really well for me), but I'm unable to disable the Medstart glossary that came with IT. Even though they're separate glossaries and my glossary is the highlighted one for use, Medstart is over-riding mine. Example: For capital B, it types out "blood." Please, please, MAKE IT STOP! Can anyone save my sanity? ...

I Figured It Out
Sep 19, 2012

We are waiting to hear about "enhanced compensation" or really "reduction" until everyone is moved over to 7.1. They did not expect there to be so many delays, and I think real soon, everyone will be shifted over, and then they can show us with all of our production reports how great their program is, and then cut the pay to be "industry standard." I knew I would figure out a reason it was taking so long. ...

Has Anyone Figured Out How To Use A
Nov 09, 2014

footpedal in bed?  I broke my other ankle and thinking it would be more comfortable, but can't seem to figure out how to make it work.  Any ideas? ...

I Just Figured Out My Pay And With MUP It Will Be
Dec 18, 2014

That's right. Never before have I had MUP but I'd better now and it will come out to the exact same thing I would've gotten under the old plan. Unless they forget the MUP and I'd just like to see them try it! ...

I Think I Have It Figured Out!
Mar 21, 2015

Think I have finally figured it out. We got a call from Chase saying that someone had used our credit card and had tried to charge two items worth a couple of hundred dollars but they turned it down. I am certain they have software that figures out your buying patterns, where you go, and what you normally buy with their card as a way to cut down their losses. If that is the case and I am sure that it is, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this company must have sof ...

How Is PTO Rate Figured?
Dec 26, 2012

I took 8 hours PTO yesterday and haven't a clue how much I made for the day.  Can anyone tell me the "formula" for figuring this?? Thanks ...

How Is OT Figured At Your Company?
Jun 26, 2014

Once upon a time, I used to work for a company, who, when working overtime, would have you log the lines you did during your OT period and pay 1-1/2 times whatever your line count was, which was awesome.   It seems this day and age, companies have a base rate in which they pay for PTO purposes and all the lines done (OT and regular) are put in the same count, and then how ever many OT  hours worked are paid at the base rate and then half, which is actually considerably less than what w ...

For Those On PM I Think I Figured Out The Strategy...
Jul 16, 2014

Well ever since the contest I have gotten completely new dictators and some new accounts.  All of which I can't keep up.  I have a feeling that the easier work was assigned to those in the contest.  That is the only thing I can think of.  Either that or they are trying to get rid to of me.  At this point, hope to be fired.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.   ...

Just Resigned Either I Am Paranoid Or I Have It Figured Out
Jun 14, 2010

I have worked for Medquist 7 years, started out 10 cents a line and I am Tier III ESL accounts.  Used to work for transcend before that.  We went to ASR and we were told to highlight and correct so we could "train" it.  We have been doing that for the C-Bay over in India through Spheris and Medquist who are owned by them in case you are new to this website.  Our loyalty and quality assurance has caused us to lose our jobs.  I resigned but I know a lot other well paid MT/ ...

I Just Figured Out That The More Hours I Work
Apr 20, 2013

It is too difficult to just sit a straight 6-8 hours and read crapy reports all day.  I make less money and get slower. When I work less hours, I MAKE MORE MONEY!  I sit for 2 hours and I make more. ...

I May Be Leaving This Job Way Sooner Than I Figured....sm
Sep 14, 2013

Several things have happened in the last 6 to 8 weeks or so where my accounts are concerned.  First, my primary account was changed to basically a secondary and the worst of the worst accounts (which happened to be like #4 in my list/queue) was moved to the #1 slot.  It didn't take me 2 weeks to realize that I was going to have a nervous breakdown if I had to continually do this particular account ALL of the time (and I do mean ALL of the time) because pretty much no one else is w ...

I Think I Finally Figured Out The New Pay Plan.....
Jan 19, 2015

Okay - I've only been here a couple of weeks, and the pay plan is all finally starting to make sense..... now I understand.  So.... really, the way to make the most money is to not send more than 10% to QC.  It does't matter how good my quality is or my speed is, if I send more than 10% to QC,  I only make 7 cents a line......   so I'm better off with slighly less quality as long as I don't send more to QC.  It doesn't make much sense, but I am g ...

Has Anyone Figured Out System Hours?
May 26, 2015

I have asked for clarification of this but have never received a response from any TSM.  How is it figured?  Time typing?  Time spent pushing the foot pedal?  My system hours are usually quite a bit lower than actual hours.  Although no one has ever said anything to me about it, I fear that might not always be the case.   ...

How Are Weekly FIESA Scores Figured? Sm
Sep 30, 2013

I thought they were calculated weekly but my FIESA score for the period of 9/21-9/28 should have given me a bonus if that is true and it was the same as it was the week before, which was under 99. ...