A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

i swear MQ's asr is not getting any of the months of the year right - its a conspiracy

Posted: Dec 17, 2010

:(

think of it as job/pay security - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
The worse ASR is the more they need us to fix the garbage it spits out. Plus the worse it is the less MQ can justify cutting ASR rate. Just know you are trudging along in the same ASR slop as the rest of us. Plus remember MQ probably either fired the ASR tech people or outsourced them to India, they are reaping what they sowed.

RE: ASR goof ups - Lady Xanax

[ In Reply To ..]
Anther conspiracy? A lot of people have been complaining about the aundunt, crazy mistakes that ASR has been making.

Our region got an e-mail from our CCM that said that they are aware of the problems, something after the "upgrade" but unless the MT alerts support a lot of the stuff is just going to stay the same.

Gotta get pro-active at work. I've taken the time to point out several incidents and the results was that a couple of the docs were taken off and a couple of the words that were consistently being typed in wrong were corrected.

Make it easier on yourself, call support and make reports. Copy and paste what ASR is saying, that's what I did.

PRO-ACTIVE. Remember since ASR IS here to stay, it learns from what we, the mighty MTs teach it. Might as well make our work easier.

Redundant speech - flying fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
One thing I do to make life easier (and to try to help ASR learn) is to make macros via Autocorrect for endings that the dictators say over and over again. For example, if Dr. Jones always says, "Dr. Jones, end of dictation, thanks." I make a macro, call it jonesend, and when he says his ending (which ASR will inevitably type in wrong), I highlight it, type jonesend, and it puts it in there. Then, I highlight it again and put a redundant speech marker over it. Supposedly, it SHOULD learn. It has learned things like "send a copy to" but "end of dictation" usually comes out "indication" or "medication."

Similar Messages:

Work Abroad 5 Months A Year?
Aug 10, 2010

Hi Everyone: I am an attorney-turning-medical-transcriptionist.  I began a training program due to the fact that, shortly, I will be living in the U.S. part of the year and in Mexico 5 months of each year.  I wanted a "portable" and enjoyable career. I am discovering, though, that companies are very leery of this arrangement.  Primarily, I think the problem revolves around perceived tax implications (there are none-I continue to pay U.S. taxes as if I was not physically out of t ...

I Swear I Must Be Blacklisted.....
Sep 28, 2010

I have been an MT for 12 years and have a college degree, and I am having a hard time picking up another job right now.  In the past, I could come to this site and apply toi a few and get a job right away.  Not anymore.  I'm sure I'm not the only one but gosh this is depressing.  :( ...

Geesh! I Swear There Is A Promotion Every Day
May 13, 2010

nm ...

I Swear This Doctor Is Brushing Her Teeth
Jan 26, 2013

or her dentures.  She is doing something with running water & brushing sounds & her voice gets all muffled.  I am waiting for her to spit, then I will know for sure. And in the background, the nurses are having a shriek fest.  ...

I Swear They Make Up Words - Colicolic? Colecolic? What The Heck?
Sep 14, 2010

xxxxx ...

Grammar: 6-months' Time Or 6- Months Time Or 6 Months' Time
May 25, 2011

I had found an answer somewhere about this problem, but naturally can't find it now: The patient will be followed in 6 months' time.   OR The patient will be followed in 6-months' time.  Thanks for the help. ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

I Swear I Am Hearing "stay Sweet Protocol" And Nothing Else
May 10, 2015

section and this was not mentioned at all throughout the rest of the note prior to this time.    Has anyone heard of this?  Google was no help. ...

I Swear I Hear "ATF" Valve
Jul 10, 2012

Doc spells it very clearly as ATF valve. Could he mean ATS valve? I can't find anything on an ATF valve except for something to do with a car, so I know that's not it. Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks so much! ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

18 Months' Ago
May 18, 2011

hey ladies, this may sound stupid just wanted to double check this. doc says "18 months ago." I'm pretty sure there is no apostrophe right? like its not possessive. TIA ...

Been Gone From MQ For A Few Months Now
Dec 17, 2011

I've been gone from MQ for about 5 months now, working at the front desk at a local group of docs office.  I learned how to schedule patients and meetings,  take payments, do the office bills, and file claims and bill insurance for patients and I've got to say, I never gave a thought to much of the person working the front desk.  I have been yelled at, threatened, given dirty looks and was once even told that I was an "old, ugly hag".  All this usually happens when ...

Been Gone From MM For 3 Months
Jul 25, 2014

The fact that the crappy work from overseas is no longer my problem. ...

Been Job Searching For 2 Months...
Nov 27, 2009

With no luck. Sent tons of resumes and taken tests without many replies.  I'm starting to get worried now. ...

Okay, It Has Been Months Since Anything Was Posted, So I Have To Ask (sm)
Jan 18, 2010

Is there anyone out there currently employed with Cardioscribes?  I realize that there is some India association but at this point I am so desperate for a job I would take any kind of association with it if they were to offer.  If you are employed with Cardioscribes would you either please email me or just give me some insight on the company before I apply?  Platform, pay, benefits, schedule, strictness of the schedules, etc., the usual and anything that you can think of.  ...

Started At TT Two Months Ago And
Jun 29, 2011

I never have work!  Second shift is not that busy like I was told it would be.  I am so bummed because I really like(d) the people there.  Now I have to look for work as an IC to make up for having small paychecks at TT.  Please tell me it gets better and this is just the summer slowness as we were told? ...

Months Of Time
Jul 11, 2011

I know the basic rule for apostrophes and time, i.e. one month's time, two months' time, etc. but what if the provider dictates, "Patient advised to follow up in here in three months of time..." Is the apostrophe still appropriate since he uses 'of' between? ...

6 Months' Time
Jun 08, 2012

I was corrected ove 2 years ago typing "I will see him back in 6 months' time" that the apostrophe comes after the"s" in months, but I got audited today and got marked off. Can someone please let me know if it is "6 month's time" or "6 months' time"???????? ...

Been Gone From Nuance For Several Months Now
Aug 14, 2013

I have to say the stress level went down almost immediately. I went on to be a CNA and though physically harder work, there is room for growth financially and moving up into another position. Not so with Nuance. Growth potential at this place was zero-more like they try to keep you held down as much as possible. I loved transcription when I started 10 years ago, but this company made me dread even looking at my computer. Good luck to all those who are still here. Prayers for you as you struggle ...

Using EditScript For About 3 Months Now
Nov 16, 2013

I've been using EditScript for about 3 months now, and it's the pits.  :p ...

Well, I Finally Did It! After Many Months Of Trying
Nov 20, 2013

I got fired!  And the best part of it is I get to collect UE because the HR witch is too ignorant to go about it in the right way.  The feeling of relief is so overwhelming and now I am free to pursue other employment.  Thanks so much Nuance for getting something right for me!  Mission accomplished.  Yeah me!!  ...

Left MM A Few Months Ago, During ..
Dec 23, 2013

the summer.  I took a couple months to find a new job.  When I did, unfortunately, the only thing out there was transcribing so, I reluctantly took the job.  I was absolutely floored.  They are without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for.  They don't do off shoring or use MTs from India/in India.  I just got a gift card in the mail from them!  My boss is wonderful.  I have issues with taking care of my husband and they never give me grief ...

4 Months Notice For PTO
Mar 17, 2014

Can someone please tell me how 4 MONTHS NOTICE is insufficient for PTO?!  It would seem that as a manager your responsibility would be to assess and find coverage as required, and with that much advance notice you shouldn't have a terrible time doing that.  Besides, it's not like my shift is the one that's always hard up for extra help.  C'mon!  Don't act like I've put you in a pickle, you have 4 months to figure out a simple 5-day solution. &nbs ...

It's Been 6 Months Since I Left MM And On
Dec 11, 2014

except to get worse, so I don't regret leaving. My plan was to become an IC so that I could work my own days/hours, as I needed more flexibility to take care of my aging parents, but it turned out the few responses I received to the many resumes I sent out all wanted someone to work set days/hours too. I have done MT work my entire adult life and always thought I would do it until I retired because I found it interesting and challenging, but the profession has changed so much now that I hav ...

If Anybody Gets A DVT During These Months Of Mandatory OT
Apr 26, 2015

(on top of being harrassed for any idle time to stretch our legs), I hope they sue the hell out of them for every penny they've got.  What kind of uncaring jerks make you do mandatory OT for months? ...

You Guys Are Unbelievable. For Months You
Mar 03, 2010

For months you have complained about NJA and other people logging on randomly and taking your work away.  So MQ comes up with a system whereby this will no longer be allowed to happen -- and you are now complaining about it too ?  The point here is to make sure that you will have work at your scheduled time without other people hopping on and doing it.   Isn't that what you have been wanting ?You have been really spoiled by MQ if you are used to logging on 15 minutes lat ...

Worked For DIT Transcription For Almost Four Months
May 28, 2010

I worked for DIT Transcription for almost four months and only received $128 from them.  They still owe me $2130!!  If this has happened to anyone else please contact me.  I am trying to get a group together to do something about this once and for all.  New transcribers do your homework.  If something seems too good to be true it ALWAYS is.  They were the only company that would hire me right out of school with no MT experience and now I see why.  If I had only Googled this company thi ...

Dit Transcription - 3 Months, I Have Not Got A Check
Jul 12, 2010

I have worked for these people for 3 months, I have not got a check. One excuse after another. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

7 Months Three-quarters Gestation?
Aug 12, 2010

How do I correctly transcribe this? ...