A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dit Transcription - 3 months, I have not got a check - LA

Posted: Jul 12, 2010

I have worked for these people for 3 months, I have not got a check. One excuse after another. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes... - Outofmymindyo

[ In Reply To ..]
It's too bad you hadn't found out earlier, but these people won't pay you a dime. Stop working for them the minute you read this and start looking for legitimate companies to apply with. There are posts even just down the page on the company board about the same problem with DIT from a number of other people. Make sure you search "company name scam" on Google before you work for someone else.

Dit - LA

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, It is difficult to know which companies are legit. I am new at this so it is even harder. They hired me and I was excited about that. But how do I go about getting my money? Does anyone know?

Money - Outofmymindyo

[ In Reply To ..]
You really won't be able to get your money from them. You could contact law enforcement/law services, but as with past people, when the sheriff goes to collect any assets they may have, there are none, apparently, so nobody ever gets their money.
Dit - LA
[ In Reply To ..]
I just filed a complaint with the better business bureau. They said they will contact the business an they have 10 days to respond. It probably wont help. Please keep in touch. thanks,
What I did with another company - was this...
[ In Reply To ..]
I was stiffed on $3,300 from a company I worked for - one month's wages. I sued in small claims, won by default because they didn't show up, filed a writ of execution (that's what it's called in California - check your state) and had it served at the company she contracted with. Best way to get your money. The only way is a wage garnishment if they have no assets. You can also file a discovery in small claims and they MUST show up to court and give the judge their bank account info and other stuff.

You can't give up, people. I just had to do this again today for a company I worked for last year. I am in NV now and they are in MI. I don't have to personally appear in court. I have to have my statement of facts notarized, pay the filing and service fees, and it's all done that way.

Hope this helps :)

keep all paper work, emails, invoices - .

[ In Reply To ..]
Amazed how often this is listed on this board of no pay, First of all, 3 months is ridiculous for sure. Sit down and compose the problems, addresses, company name, email address, phone, fax and include your proof you have made 3 or more contacts for pay, enclose copy of invoices, atempts to collects etc. Then make copies and send to each below.
The small claims you need the same paper work, buy you fill out forms, submit to the superior court and they give you a court date, you notify them (serving papers) 10 days prior. Google gives all the instruntions, it is easy, but scary when I did it, as I was not familiar. You can email me if you want.

I would try the (no cost, other than filing court fee ($39 in california)
and tell them your plans, list #1, #2, #3 routes you intend to use. They may just pay up, but I doubt it, would send to the attorney general office (they investigate fraud) and the State labor board anyway even if get money. This has happened tooo many times, they are a scam, work but no pay. There is a limit on what you can collect (money limit) according to your state (so 3 months pay is adding up quickly for small claims court.

For your state...
google.com + state attorney general, google.com + your state labor board.
(they will contact them)
Google.com + your statename small claims court instructions.

this is what I have stored in my PC from prior posting

SMALL CLAIMS COURT. Get your money
You CAN go to small claims court, this is a superior court, look in your yellow pages under county/state/federal section. There is a time frame to file a claim, so check it out. You can go google.com enter small claims it will bring up instructions of how to proceed, can print out the (3) forms, fill in and here in California can mail them in, costs $39 filing fee, you mail in check, they mail back a court date. No attorney fees. You are in court with all your "proof" of whatever is owed. You need to keep emails, letters, contract, whatever etc 3 attempts have to show you made to them for request to be paid. If they are not in the same state ask the court clear how to handle, as they do need to be presented/served with court dates 10 days ahead. Presented with fact of court date/action, they may just skip this action and pay up. If they do not appear, you win. If you win and they do not pay, they can have lien put on any property they have, their checks can be garnished and bank account can be garnished. Yep true. It all sounds complicated, but in retrospect, it really was easy, I was just scared/anxious as never did this stuff before. I would not hesitate, it was simple (though this was not for wages for me) but still, you CAN do it all by yourself. They get away with it, as nobody takes action, SO THEY CAN

Dit - la
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, it does seem scary. It did work for you? I live in Wisconsin and I cant afford to go to SC. Would I have to appear in Court? What is your email?
Thank you for the information. Like I said before I am a new MT. I feel like I have been screwed royally. Are there any companies that are good to deal with out there?
Don't forget... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You must file in the small claims court in the county and state the business is located in, not where you reside. If you are filing with the DOL, that must be done in the state you reside in. Kinda confusing, but doable. It's not as scary as it looks - even a simpleton like me did it without any problems :)

DIT Transcription/JSM Enterprises - hearts

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them from 1/10 thru 3/10, and they still owe me $278. I wrote to my Congressman in an attempt to at least have them investigated. Others have contacted the Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission. These are the next two places I'll be contacting. In addition, I plan on contacting the IRS to have them investigate. DIT Transcription is a subsidiary of JSM Enterprises, and Hadi and Donna Dana are the owners. I'm certain there are going to be discrepancies if the IRS checks these returns as the money from clinics is being collected, yet the MTs aren't getting paid. The money is going somewhere....

DIT - KareMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I also worked for them. My advice to you would be to QUIT NOW. Do not do any more work. They will not pay you. I am still waiting for 2.5 months of pay.

DIT - LA

[ In Reply To ..]
I did quit. I wonder how many others have been scammed. Somehow we should get together on this. I think I will contact the Post master general. They deal with fraud. I know that I will never see the money. But the sad part is my husband is loosing his job in 2 weeks. I need to find a decent company. Know of aNy.

DIT - la

[ In Reply To ..]
I contacted the FBI for internet fraud, email, telephone etc. who else would like to complain about not getting paid by these people. I am mad because I worked my fingers off for nothing. OH well live and learn hey? thanks for your support.

Good news - Drea

[ In Reply To ..]
There's a web site called ripoffreport.com that has DIT listed as one of the scam companies. It also posts some feedback from people who have actually gotten their $ back from them. Check it out! Good luck and keep us posted. We're all rooting for you.

dit - discussed mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you I will check this out. BBB cant help, I just received an email. Are there any good companies out there that you can trust. I just feel like giving up right now. But I wont. thanks for your support.

VERY poor management at DIT - tired mt

[ In Reply To ..]
They claim to be a Christian company and claim they use part of their accounts receivable to help those in need, i.e. can't pay electric bill, etc. I told them that is EXTREMELY poor financial policy - MT's should be paid for work first and then anything that is a "charitable" situation needs to be handled out of their OWN pockets. What they are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul. I was told to mind my own business. I never worked for them, but did have this "interview" with them. Maybe they need Dave Ramsey's financial training, lol.

not paid - Mtgrandma

[ In Reply To ..]
That is why nobody gets paid. WOW cant believe that. When asked where is my money, I dont even get an answer. Placed phone calls and got answering machine. Oh well!!!!

yep, there are complaints of nonpayment on the - .

[ In Reply To ..]
link somebody left to check out. There are 8 and all from this year too.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/DIT-transcription.aspx

DIT - JB

[ In Reply To ..]
DIT used to be a very good company to work for. Then they just stopped paying anyone. I've been gone for over a year. After daily emails and calls, I finally pushed hard and got everything except $89 of what they owed me. They won't answer anything from me anymore because they know $89 is too little of an amount to do anything about. The owner is quite a good manipulator too. He can make you believe anything he says. Anything that comes out of his mouth, though, that sounds good to you is usually a lie.

Similar Messages:

Worked For DIT Transcription For Almost Four Months
May 28, 2010

I worked for DIT Transcription for almost four months and only received $128 from them.  They still owe me $2130!!  If this has happened to anyone else please contact me.  I am trying to get a group together to do something about this once and for all.  New transcribers do your homework.  If something seems too good to be true it ALWAYS is.  They were the only company that would hire me right out of school with no MT experience and now I see why.  If I had only Googled this company thi ...

TTD (The Transcription Doctors) Does It Really Take 5 Weeks To Get Your First Check And No DD?
Jan 29, 2010

I really want to apply with TTD as I have 5 years experience with EditScript and love it.  The lower pay on the platform does not excite me too but waiting 5 weeks to get a first check and then waiting on snail mail thereafter to get paid is somewhat of a deal breaker.  I really need a job but I am not sure I need one that bad. I just wanted some clarification as they are so many different things that are said about them.  I need a job, not a headache. ...

Grammar: 6-months' Time Or 6- Months Time Or 6 Months' Time
May 25, 2011

I had found an answer somewhere about this problem, but naturally can't find it now: The patient will be followed in 6 months' time.   OR The patient will be followed in 6-months' time.  Thanks for the help. ...

18 Months' Ago
May 18, 2011

hey ladies, this may sound stupid just wanted to double check this. doc says "18 months ago." I'm pretty sure there is no apostrophe right? like its not possessive. TIA ...

Been Gone From MQ For A Few Months Now
Dec 17, 2011

I've been gone from MQ for about 5 months now, working at the front desk at a local group of docs office.  I learned how to schedule patients and meetings,  take payments, do the office bills, and file claims and bill insurance for patients and I've got to say, I never gave a thought to much of the person working the front desk.  I have been yelled at, threatened, given dirty looks and was once even told that I was an "old, ugly hag".  All this usually happens when ...

Been Gone From MM For 3 Months
Jul 25, 2014

The fact that the crappy work from overseas is no longer my problem. ...

Been Job Searching For 2 Months...
Nov 27, 2009

With no luck. Sent tons of resumes and taken tests without many replies.  I'm starting to get worried now. ...

Okay, It Has Been Months Since Anything Was Posted, So I Have To Ask (sm)
Jan 18, 2010

Is there anyone out there currently employed with Cardioscribes?  I realize that there is some India association but at this point I am so desperate for a job I would take any kind of association with it if they were to offer.  If you are employed with Cardioscribes would you either please email me or just give me some insight on the company before I apply?  Platform, pay, benefits, schedule, strictness of the schedules, etc., the usual and anything that you can think of.  ...

Started At TT Two Months Ago And
Jun 29, 2011

I never have work!  Second shift is not that busy like I was told it would be.  I am so bummed because I really like(d) the people there.  Now I have to look for work as an IC to make up for having small paychecks at TT.  Please tell me it gets better and this is just the summer slowness as we were told? ...

Months Of Time
Jul 11, 2011

I know the basic rule for apostrophes and time, i.e. one month's time, two months' time, etc. but what if the provider dictates, "Patient advised to follow up in here in three months of time..." Is the apostrophe still appropriate since he uses 'of' between? ...

6 Months' Time
Jun 08, 2012

I was corrected ove 2 years ago typing "I will see him back in 6 months' time" that the apostrophe comes after the"s" in months, but I got audited today and got marked off. Can someone please let me know if it is "6 month's time" or "6 months' time"???????? ...

Been Gone From Nuance For Several Months Now
Aug 14, 2013

I have to say the stress level went down almost immediately. I went on to be a CNA and though physically harder work, there is room for growth financially and moving up into another position. Not so with Nuance. Growth potential at this place was zero-more like they try to keep you held down as much as possible. I loved transcription when I started 10 years ago, but this company made me dread even looking at my computer. Good luck to all those who are still here. Prayers for you as you struggle ...

Using EditScript For About 3 Months Now
Nov 16, 2013

I've been using EditScript for about 3 months now, and it's the pits.  :p ...

Well, I Finally Did It! After Many Months Of Trying
Nov 20, 2013

I got fired!  And the best part of it is I get to collect UE because the HR witch is too ignorant to go about it in the right way.  The feeling of relief is so overwhelming and now I am free to pursue other employment.  Thanks so much Nuance for getting something right for me!  Mission accomplished.  Yeah me!!  ...

Left MM A Few Months Ago, During ..
Dec 23, 2013

the summer.  I took a couple months to find a new job.  When I did, unfortunately, the only thing out there was transcribing so, I reluctantly took the job.  I was absolutely floored.  They are without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for.  They don't do off shoring or use MTs from India/in India.  I just got a gift card in the mail from them!  My boss is wonderful.  I have issues with taking care of my husband and they never give me grief ...

4 Months Notice For PTO
Mar 17, 2014

Can someone please tell me how 4 MONTHS NOTICE is insufficient for PTO?!  It would seem that as a manager your responsibility would be to assess and find coverage as required, and with that much advance notice you shouldn't have a terrible time doing that.  Besides, it's not like my shift is the one that's always hard up for extra help.  C'mon!  Don't act like I've put you in a pickle, you have 4 months to figure out a simple 5-day solution. &nbs ...

It's Been 6 Months Since I Left MM And On
Dec 11, 2014

except to get worse, so I don't regret leaving. My plan was to become an IC so that I could work my own days/hours, as I needed more flexibility to take care of my aging parents, but it turned out the few responses I received to the many resumes I sent out all wanted someone to work set days/hours too. I have done MT work my entire adult life and always thought I would do it until I retired because I found it interesting and challenging, but the profession has changed so much now that I hav ...

If Anybody Gets A DVT During These Months Of Mandatory OT
Apr 26, 2015

(on top of being harrassed for any idle time to stretch our legs), I hope they sue the hell out of them for every penny they've got.  What kind of uncaring jerks make you do mandatory OT for months? ...

You Guys Are Unbelievable. For Months You
Mar 03, 2010

For months you have complained about NJA and other people logging on randomly and taking your work away.  So MQ comes up with a system whereby this will no longer be allowed to happen -- and you are now complaining about it too ?  The point here is to make sure that you will have work at your scheduled time without other people hopping on and doing it.   Isn't that what you have been wanting ?You have been really spoiled by MQ if you are used to logging on 15 minutes lat ...

7 Months Three-quarters Gestation?
Aug 12, 2010

How do I correctly transcribe this? ...

Anyone Taken The CMT Test Between in The Last 2 Or 3 Months?
Aug 17, 2010

Has anyone taken the CMT Test between in the last 2 or 3 months?  Just wonder what you think of it. both the FIRST and SECOND parts.  Curious one!  ...

I Swear MQ's Asr Is Not Getting Any Of The Months Of The Year Right
Dec 17, 2010

:( ...

My CTS Has Gotten So Bad In The Last Few Months,I Have Been Advised Surgery
Jul 10, 2011

I have been ignoring the horrible numbness and tingling..and now pain at night, inability to sleep...hours to get my fingers to get giong in the morning...all to avoid having to explore surgery...but now I am thinking..What do I have to lose?  Isn't CTS a workers comp injury?  Why am I trying to do the right and honorable thing when I may be able to go off on workers comp and get retrained for something else??? Another nicety of having real no direct contact for  your compa ...

Old Company Purchased By MQ About 3 Months
Feb 29, 2012

ago.  Currently paid hourly for QA.  Does QA for MQ stay hourly?  I'm getting mixed opinions on this?  Nothing has changed yet but I want to be prepared.  TIA ...

Working For SoftScript For About 6 Months Now
Apr 30, 2012

I have been working for SoftScript for about 6 months now.  I seriously cannot say enought good things about them.  This is the best company I have ever worked for and believe me I have worked for several transcription companies.  The pay is awesome AND on time.  The system is very easy to use.  The staff is very eager to help with any questions I might have.  If you are looking for a job I would highly recommend that you apply there.  I plan on staying forever. It is a GREAT company to w ...

Looking For Suggestions, Returning To MT After 6 Months Off
Feb 21, 2013

Last summer, after being laid off from my hospital MT job due to cost cutting in our department, I went back to work in the office, working as a receptionist for a family practice.  I was also transcribing the office notes and correspondence as well.  At Christmas, we were told that the doctor had decided to sell his practice to the local hospital.  We were promised raises and I particularly, because of my 20 years as an MT, was promised a position doing MT for the hospital.  ...

It's 2 Months Now, Have Any Former Omniscribes MTs Been Paid Nm
Jun 01, 2013

New MT, Coming Up On 6 Months With Nuance
Oct 02, 2013

I have been having trouble with productivity from the beginning. My account is mostly ESL, so I feel like I shouldn't be having so much trouble here. However, I have a friend who is an MT and says that some of my speakers are really tough. She's been an MT for 10 years now and things usually come easy to her.   Anyway, I'm concerned that if I don't get my lines up to where they need to be will they let me go? I'm working really hard to try to get my lines up and I ...

Well, I Applied With Them A Couple Months Ago
Oct 10, 2013

I'm stuck at mmodal after 2 buyouts and a job there is precarious at best.  This board is just as depressing and bad as theirs.  Instead of all the run away and don't go there stuff, what is the insurance, and what is that quarterly bonus thing about?   My friend I worked with from DSG before they got bought out my mmodal went to Nuance on an escription account and actually likes her job, plenty of work, good super.   I suppose it's all in the roll of the dic ...

I Quit MM A Couple Of Months Ago, Anything Gotten Any Better?
May 14, 2014

Just wondered if anything has gotten better for MT's. ...