A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Been job searching for 2 months... - me

Posted: Nov 27, 2009

With no luck. Sent tons of resumes and taken tests without many replies.  I'm starting to get worried now.

looking for better pay - mj

[ In Reply To ..]
I am looking for a job that pays hourly. I cannot live on cpl it is too difficult and I think it is a ripoff. I do not know how companies get away with it. Or if I went with cpl I want something that is over 8cpl!

I want hourly, too. There are just too many ways they - can rip us off with cpl pay!! (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think I would lose this way as - L

[ In Reply To ..]
I donĂ¢€™t think any place will pay me almost $25.00 an hour and that is the case this morning, actually it was $24.36 on VR. Thanks but no thanks to the hourly pay. I would lose big time. May be all right for the slower typists.
Which VR program was this on - EditScript? nm - MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
nm.
I would lose this way, too - Long-time gal
[ In Reply To ..]
I would lose being paid by the hour, as my hourly average is $33.25. This is straight typing, not VR.
slow - mj
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not slow. I am a good fast typist stuck in a crappy job.
If you are fast, then you should be able to - L
[ In Reply To ..]
make a decent salary even at 8 cpl. My first hour was at 4 cpl and almost $25 and noticed another person making, I think, they said 33 per hour straight. DonĂ¢€™t know their rate though.
you can be fast - but if there is no work - tiredoftyping
[ In Reply To ..]
you are not going to make any money. I've always been told how fast I am, but I can't ever seem to find an account with a decent work load! For those who have good accounts..congrats, but the good ole days are going away!

I make more cpl - MT in PA

[ In Reply To ..]

I work at a local hospital full-time and also part-time in the morning with another company that pays me cpl.  At the hospital I only make about $13/hour and that is with my shift diff.  I can make much more typing cpl.  I'm actually currenlty looking for a new job myself to replace my hourly job because I know how much more I can make cpl if I can find the right fit.  Its all about being speedy and accurate to make money when being paid cpl, but I guess its not for everyone.  I don't think there are many jobs out there that pay hourly anymore.  It might be hard to find.

Been job searching for 2 months - autismawarenessmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious, are you a new graduate? If so, what program did you attend and did you get your registration? I found this job posting on MTjobs:LETNI
Contact Information
DeAnna Sulzinger
9732 State Route 445 #355
Sparks, Nevada 89441
LETNI@HUGHES.NET
Job Information
Title: Transcriptionist
Experience Level: No experience
Location of position: United States: Nationwide position
At Home or Company: At Home
Part-time or fulltime: Part Time
Employee Type: Independent Contractor
Type of Transcription: Varied Types of Transcription
Specialty: Any Speciality
Job Description: Entry level position, part time work. MUST KNOW FTP programs and have one currently in place was well as MEDICAL SPELL CHECK. Please include in your letter for consideration what you have including which version of windows and MS Word.
Hardware/Software: MS WORD
File Transfer Method: FTP PROGRAM MUST KNOW HOW TO USE
Compensation: Depending on testing
Date Posted: 2009-10-23 14:21:00

Good luck!

Not a new grad, but... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! I will look into them.

Ive been looking for 2 years. Seems nobody wants - experience anymore - they just want CHEAP.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Are you looking for IC or employee status? (Nm). - wileo

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Been Searching And Searching And Cannot Find
Apr 05, 2010

The patient has a few-month history of thigh pain and numbness.  Overall, I suspect the symptoms are likely secondary to radicular origin associated with his L4-5 spondylosis with foraminal narrowing.  However, other causes including meralgia paresthetica or diabetic s/l amioxi should be excluded.   I appreciate any help you guys can offer!  Thanks :) ...

Grammar: 6-months' Time Or 6- Months Time Or 6 Months' Time
May 25, 2011

I had found an answer somewhere about this problem, but naturally can't find it now: The patient will be followed in 6 months' time.   OR The patient will be followed in 6-months' time.  Thanks for the help. ...

Job Searching
Dec 28, 2009

I have been recently sending out my resume along with inquiring whether certain companies I am interested in are currently hiring.  About 90% have not had even the courtesy to acknowledge receiving the e-mail.  I am wondering if anyone also recently looking has had this problem and if anyone knows if companies not hiring generally keep this info on file or does it make sense in a month or two to recontact.  I can certainly tell the market has cha ...

Keep Searching
Jun 23, 2011

As I was reading through a lot of the depressing posts I thought I would share my experience. I have been an MT for almost 4 years. I was with the same company for almost 3 as an IC. I worked part-time to stay home with my kids. I completely agree with others about how hard it can be with the being in work mode all the time and the ups and downs. At the time I wasn't the sole provider though. However my husband got laid off the beginning of this year and I started to look for full-time ...

Searching Again
Oct 12, 2010

Does anyone know of a company hiring that supports both satellite and 64-bit windows Vista?  Just found out my hospital is keeping their work inhouse as of the end of this month:( ...

When Searching For A New Employer
Nov 25, 2010

Check with the BBB.  They shouldn't just have NO activity, but be part of the ongoing audit, not just boast they have had NO activity.  Heck, I have had no activity!!!  It is only as good as what is submitted. You may have been in business 10+ years but screwed people over 5+ years of that time.  If no one reports you, the activity continues.... Watch RIPOFF reports.  They do not lie.  Unfortunately, not enough people file these reports so some of us are ...

Job Searching And New At IC And Testing.
Feb 28, 2013

I know these things have probably been covered before here, but could someone please give me some general advice on what it is to be an IC?  Do you just send the IRS a quarterly payment and that's it?  What about Social Security and matching?  I have always done my own taxes, but I am in new territory here and probably will need a tax preparer now, but until then..... Also, when testing for companies, I find I cannot use my foot pedal with some.  How can I do that?  ...

Wow, I Was Just Searching The Internet For An
Dec 15, 2014

and came up with a listing for it on eBay. I wonder if you get any discount on your hospital bill if it is bidding on your surgical equipment on eBay, or even if you can bring your own.  Forget high surgeon fees, this stuff is radically expensive!!! ...

Searching For School
May 21, 2015

I am in Southwest Washington looking for accredited coding/billing school. should i do online or in class? im brand new at this...please help! ...

Needing Help About Searching People
Sep 13, 2010

I know someone who needs to be checked on and every time I google free public record search, it takes me to a PAY site.  Can anyone direct me to a FREE site to search public records?  TIA ...

Strategies In Job Searching For A New MT Grad
Feb 20, 2011

Does anyone have any strateges for job searching as  new MT grad?  I am willing to do general transcription work. ...

Searching For Doctors In Fluency
May 13, 2013

Is it me or is this more of a pain recently? Seems like the specialities are not listed and instead it just says medicine so it is really hard to find some doctors, and the search by just specialty just doesn't work anymore? I've had to go into the hospital websites several times today to find a doc by the specialty, cause God forbid they spell the off the wall names. ...

Another Question About Searching In The Company Board
Nov 12, 2009

When I try to search for some company that has very common words in it like "Transcription Unlimited" my results are really not what I'm looking for - like posts about unlimited long-distance calls.  Is there a way around this problem? ...

Probably A Stupid Question But Do We Get Paid For The CC's I Keep Searching For
Mar 14, 2012

thinking Im not searching anymore and just gonna phonetically spell them and let the doctors office find them ...

Advising The New Coding Students Or Those Searching For Their First Job
Nov 07, 2012

Coders who post on this board need to remind themselves that it is basically for MTs who are networking.    A medical transcriptionist who is a coding student or has become a newly certified coder has now learned in the last couple of days that: 1.      MT experience, other than medical knowledge, means nothing in the coding world.  There IS a big difference between school coding and actual work. 2.      The ...

Newly Graduated. Searching For Companies
May 14, 2013

I recently graduated MT school from Career Step and I'm in the process of looking up companies that would be good to apply for. I have a small list of potential companies but I would rather not apply without any feedback on the company first. I'd rather not be offered a job and take it not knowing anything about them. If you know anything (good or bad) about the following companies I would greatly appreciate your input! MedScribe TriStar RI Transcription Quality Transcripti ...

After Searching The Archives, I Cannot Find Any Recent
Sep 06, 2013

info on companies that use DocQScribe. Does anyone know the companies that use this? ...

Issue With Searching Company Names In That
Dec 16, 2014

Honestly, why when you search a company do tons of posts from 2006 and previous come up and you have to go through pages and pages of old posts before you see the recent info?The posts should be date order, latest first, IMHO. Who cares what people wrote about a company in 2006 when so many things have changed? I think anything older than a few years ago should not even be included in the search results since not only have most companies changed massively, our work environment has as well, i.e. ...

Searching For Good Online MT School For Canadian
Jan 01, 2011

I'm searching everywhere on web for info on the best recommended schools for Medical Transcription.  Canscribe is said to be 'one of the best', however it's soooo expensive.  Does anyone know a few other good schools recommended by AHDI ?     ...

Earphones - Searching For Comfortable Headsets Or Earbuds
Feb 04, 2011

I am searching for comfortable headsets or earbuds. What have you experienced MTs found that works the best? I want to hear well, while being comfortable...:) ...

Things Would Run Smoother If Searching Info Was Easier
Feb 15, 2012

Is it just me..I am on their company desktop so curious...If I am in a report and go to the F5 to search the all mighty repository then it messes up my DocQmanage search page and I have to sign out of there and resign in from scratch, doesnt even save my initial information..And why cant we be in the docqmanage search area and the docqmanage area that has the QA feedback at the same time..Having to constantly sign in and out is causing more trouble then anything.. ...

On Job Searching, Seeing Lots Of Positions For MT/scribe, In House. Might Be Something
Apr 20, 2013

x ...

Searching For New Career Idea-What Type Of Course Leads To This?
Apr 27, 2013

I've been noticing available jobs that have various but similar titles, but basically the function is as described in the link.  I think I'd really enjoy doing this, but I'm not sure what to study (some sort of medical office program?) .  Ideally, I need to take a course online if there's something decent, but I'm enrolled at the technical college in my home town for fall, so I could go that way.  In looking at what they offer, though, nothing seems like i ...

Anyone Work For B's Keys" I See On Searching The Board That There Have Been Problems In T
Oct 15, 2014

xx ...

18 Months' Ago
May 18, 2011

hey ladies, this may sound stupid just wanted to double check this. doc says "18 months ago." I'm pretty sure there is no apostrophe right? like its not possessive. TIA ...

Been Gone From MQ For A Few Months Now
Dec 17, 2011

I've been gone from MQ for about 5 months now, working at the front desk at a local group of docs office.  I learned how to schedule patients and meetings,  take payments, do the office bills, and file claims and bill insurance for patients and I've got to say, I never gave a thought to much of the person working the front desk.  I have been yelled at, threatened, given dirty looks and was once even told that I was an "old, ugly hag".  All this usually happens when ...

Been Gone From MM For 3 Months
Jul 25, 2014

The fact that the crappy work from overseas is no longer my problem. ...

Okay, It Has Been Months Since Anything Was Posted, So I Have To Ask (sm)
Jan 18, 2010

Is there anyone out there currently employed with Cardioscribes?  I realize that there is some India association but at this point I am so desperate for a job I would take any kind of association with it if they were to offer.  If you are employed with Cardioscribes would you either please email me or just give me some insight on the company before I apply?  Platform, pay, benefits, schedule, strictness of the schedules, etc., the usual and anything that you can think of.  ...

Started At TT Two Months Ago And
Jun 29, 2011

I never have work!  Second shift is not that busy like I was told it would be.  I am so bummed because I really like(d) the people there.  Now I have to look for work as an IC to make up for having small paychecks at TT.  Please tell me it gets better and this is just the summer slowness as we were told? ...

Months Of Time
Jul 11, 2011

I know the basic rule for apostrophes and time, i.e. one month's time, two months' time, etc. but what if the provider dictates, "Patient advised to follow up in here in three months of time..." Is the apostrophe still appropriate since he uses 'of' between? ...