A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I swear I must be blacklisted..... - or something

Posted: Sep 28, 2010

I have been an MT for 12 years and have a college degree, and I am having a hard time picking up another job right now.  In the past, I could come to this site and apply toi a few and get a job right away.  Not anymore.  I'm sure I'm not the only one but gosh this is depressing.  :(

I feel exactly the same way but I think...sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
it has more to do with the fact that when they see your level of experience they don't want to pay for it. Anyone with extensive experience should hang on to their old job until they land a new one if at all possible. I wish I had. I have been unemployed for 16 months and the only serious offer I have had is 7.5 cents a line as an IC!

Who would've ever thought that expertise in one's - field would eventually become a handicap?! nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I feel that way too - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT for 7 years. I seem to be passing the tests, but I haven't been able to actually get more work. It is very frustrating and depressing.

My thought - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT since 1988 and am currently seeking PT/FT work, anything. I believe the reasoning behind finding it extremely difficult to find a job is because there are just so many MTs seeking work and they are applying for most positions posted. This is partly due to the MT needing more than one job to supplement their income. There are just way too many people applying for the same jobs apparently and it is probably on a first come/first served basis. Just my thoughts. Times are tough and finding a decent is proof of that. Good luck to you - you are not in the boat alone.

Oops - should be decent job is proof of that - RLee - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

I had the same experience and am still - lovnlife

[ In Reply To ..]
going through it. I asked a question on another board and got royally flamed, but I really do think there is a blacklist. I know I have applied at places and did great on their test, and never did hear a word. I think some MTSOs are "friends" and let other MTSOs know about MTs who leave (I left one not long ago because she asked me to work a schedule and refused to change my status to employee). I thought I would never get another job!! Very frustrating!

I do believe blacklisting occurs. At one of my (sm) - Yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
jobs I was forced to quit due to new management and nitpicking. One of the QA was my friend and she was quitting also. She told me to leave as quietly and as amicably as possible because because the VP was very likely to blacklist you if you flamed her.

Compounded by all these MTSOs buying each other - out, resulting in fewer to choose from. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly! - lovnlife
[ In Reply To ..]
And I would not be surprised if that is how it was planned.

I believe it!! - lovnlife

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad I finally found out for sure, though, rather than continuing to wonder.

paranoia much? - geesh

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you honestly think MTSOs have nothing better to do than to make sure a mere MT cannot get a job somewhere else?

You might not get picked up by the same company but you're dreaming (or paranoid) if you think they are actually cross-referencing those MTs who quit.

outsourced - Joyce

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 38 years experience and was just outsourced. My salary was $23/hour and now they want me to take a pay cut to $.038 VR? I cannot afford that. I can make more on unemployment.

Similar Messages:

Blacklisted?
Aug 17, 2010

I have been trying to find a job.  It seems like I am blacklisted or something LOL.  I never had this problem before.  Anyone out there feels the same? ...

Geesh! I Swear There Is A Promotion Every Day
May 13, 2010

nm ...

I Swear MQ's Asr Is Not Getting Any Of The Months Of The Year Right
Dec 17, 2010

:( ...

I Swear This Doctor Is Brushing Her Teeth
Jan 26, 2013

or her dentures.  She is doing something with running water & brushing sounds & her voice gets all muffled.  I am waiting for her to spit, then I will know for sure. And in the background, the nurses are having a shriek fest.  ...

I Swear They Make Up Words - Colicolic? Colecolic? What The Heck?
Sep 14, 2010

xxxxx ...

I Swear I Am Hearing "stay Sweet Protocol" And Nothing Else
May 10, 2015

section and this was not mentioned at all throughout the rest of the note prior to this time.    Has anyone heard of this?  Google was no help. ...

I Swear I Hear "ATF" Valve
Jul 10, 2012

Doc spells it very clearly as ATF valve. Could he mean ATS valve? I can't find anything on an ATF valve except for something to do with a car, so I know that's not it. Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks so much! ...