A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

POOR QUALITY AUDIO - shorty

Posted: May 29, 2014

Trying to finish my shift for Mmodal.  Doing maintenance on phones, but what a ride it's been trying to do transcription.  The audio is all garbled like an old loop system that has been used to the max.  Leaving more blanks that transcribed product on the page.  There are going to be some  unhappy docs over this.

Do you mean MM phone maintenance? - That is not until Saturday. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
-

My primary has been horrendous - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
For like a month now, Im not the only one complaining. Apparently it is the facilities fault not Mmodal, but they don't seem to be doing much to fix it..As they say garbage in garbage out..I can only do so much

If the facility is in NJ, the support people have been able to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
fix it before when we've complained. I guess enough people aren't complaining right now. It is absolutely horrible.

Poor Audio Quality - tootsie

[ In Reply To ..]
It sure is horrible! The worst I have heard for a long time and they want 99.7% accuracy? Good luck with that. They need to do something about this. The ASR is worse too. It printed bikini cut instead of beginning. Is that the new summer ASR? LOL.

I have problems with poor audio quality too. - s

[ In Reply To ..]
Lots of times I note in the QA/QC section if I have blanks that I probably could have done, had I been able to hear it correctly. Also, garbling together, sometimes, I think ctrl ; fixes that. It turns the audio button from green to red and then it ungarbles. I know it's the semicolon but could be shift or alt key you use with it.

I have never used that function and have it - do anything...nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Poor Audio
Mar 09, 2010

Doesn't it just seem wrong when you can hear the neighboring doctor's dictation better than you can YOUR dictator?  Do they just hand the phone across the way and say "would you hold this for me?"  ...

Poor Quality - Vent
Sep 02, 2011

Working for one of my prn jobs yesterday and had to look in the patient's chart to get information.  Found a hospital discharge summary on the patient dictated by a doctor I also type for in a different group and was appalled at the poor quality of the transcription.  In the first line was transcribed that the patient was transferred from HAMSTER Hospital - nope, no Hamster hospitals around here - then an easy blank in the review of systems and another in the physical exam pl ...

Sound Quality Very Poor
Aug 31, 2012

Is it me or is it that the sound quality is getting worse and worse on these accounts.  Ever since last year when they had the town hall meeting saying they were making improvements (e mails, etc.) and then they got bought, seems all that improving stopped.  Half of the work I get every day or more are simple inaudible, I cannot hear or the static is so bad, or the sound so low, I have to send to QA b/c these are not intelligible. Is it me, or has it always been this bad?  We are ...

What Would Cause Such Poor Sound Quality? Sm
Mar 26, 2013

I know my hearing has not changed but it seems that the sound quality of the dictation lately has changed.  It doesn't matter whether I'm using a cphone or downloaded voice files.  On A LOT of the dictations there seems to be a whooshing sound (for lack of a better description) in the background.   On others there seems to be a squeaking sound as if the doctor is playing with the phone cord.  Is this because the docs are now dictating directly into the computer ...

Poor Sound Quality
Oct 07, 2013

Almost ALL reports done so far this a.m. have had the worst quality.  Dictation cutting in and out, muffled speech, turning head away from phone, shuffling of papers, talking in background.  COME ON!!!  This job is difficult enough.  Quit wasting my time on this garbage.  ARGH. ...

NuWay (formerly RX:Transcription) - Any Info? Do They Pay MTs For Poor Audio
Mar 03, 2010

Anyone currently work or previously worked for NuWay (formerly RX:Transcription)?  Can you verify if you are paid by the gross line or by a 65-character line?  Their ad says 8 CPL (but does not say what a line constitutes).  Their website says they charge by the gross line.  Just wondering if that also applies to how the Independent Contractor is paid?  NuWay Office Solutions (formerly RX: Transcription) is hiring for an experienced part-time neuro MT.  Appro ...

Help Poor Sound Quality Report
Apr 03, 2011

Please HELP!!!  What is the policy when you have a 22 minute dictation and the sound quality is so poor you can only understand may be every 4th or 5th word/phrase.  I already have about 25 blanks and I'm only about 5 minutes in.  I have been a tier 3 MT for 12+ years and am not trying to pass the buck here.  I believe it is actually a mechanical malfunction on his end.  There are times when it is dead silent and I can't tell if he is dictating or not through i ...

InScribe Poor Sound Quality
Oct 14, 2012

I'm just wondering if poor sound quality (very muffled) can be due to other things than dictator using cell phone, etc.  I recently started working with Inscribe, and sometimes it seems like every single dictator is very hard to hear clearly (static, overall muffled, etc), so I'm wondering if it's something to do with a temporary condition related to the Inscribe platform/server or the hospital.   Before this account, I got all my dictation over the phone, so this is new to m ...

What Did He Say? Poor Sound Quality This Past Month.
Jun 11, 2014

A lot of the reports I've had in recent weeks have been hard to hear.  I'll start to think it's my hearing or my headset, then one will come in crystal clear, and I realize the others are just muffled.  Back in the days of tapes, we'd get scratchy, muffled tapes from time to time, but I never would have thought in the year 2014 with digital technology, I'd still be dealing with the same problem. ...

Doctor Reporting Poor Quality Reports....
Feb 18, 2015

sooooo...I just received an email from the quality person of the day.  She said the client requested an audit of all reports for a certain provider based upon poor quality.  Two of my reports came up on this audit as being below 99.5.  These reports had 1-point errors on them because of omitted and/or inserted medical words.    I am not denying that I made the mistakes.  However, if there is a consistent quality problem with a certain provider, perhaps...and I kno ...

ExpressScribe Audio Quality
Jul 29, 2012

I have been having an issue with ExpressScribe. I took a test a couple of weeks ago for a job I should have aced, but halfway into the dictation, it sounded like the dictator was on a cell or in a tunnel. I thought that maybe they were testing to see if I could do this type of work because perhaps the dictator dictates this way. I didn't fair so well. So I took another test yesterday which is in my area of expertise and I didn't get the job because of my quality. The problem is, ...

The Audio Quality Of This Call Sucks
Oct 15, 2012

xx ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

Poor Concentration With SR
Mar 29, 2012

Has anyone had a really hard time concentrating since going to speech recognition work, and figured out how to overcome it??  I've tried using the on line clock, and find that I am actually getting about 5 hours in within my 8 hours.  Seems like the harder I try to concentrate the more my mind wanders. ...

Seriously? They Think The Poor Editing Is Due To The Red Box????
Aug 28, 2012

The red box does not bother me at all.  What bothers me is the lousy 4 cpl for the edited report which I think is more work.   Maybe THAT'S what causes the poor editing.  ...

Poor Dictators
Jun 05, 2015

There are some weekends where the dictation is tolerable.  This must be MM's "idiot dictators weekend" because that is all I've had today.  Ranging from the moron who tries to dictate with so much static on the line that I have to leave 15+ blanks because SR didn't "recognize" anything to the dumb one that dictates 300 seconds of a report but leaves the phone off the hook so I get to hear conversations, intercoms, beeping, phones ringing, banging, etc., for 1500 seconds. ...

Remarkably Poor Webmedx
Sep 01, 2010

. ...

Brain Fog, Poor Concentration
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone have brain fog and difficulty concentrating when listening to speakers sometimes?  If so, what do you do to help clear the cobwebs so you can get back and focus on the work?  I can use any tips you may have.  Thanks in advance. ...

Extremely Poor Treatment
Dec 11, 2012

I work for 96 physicians who (rightfylly so) expect the best and fastest quality transciption. However, when seen as a patient, I get the most horrid treatment (and fradulent) treatment possible (most most by clients.) I not only receive "steroid" injections that obviously have no steroids (only receive a few hours of pain relief) to dental care with crowns falling off after 2 weeks (I have had temporary crowns on as long as 3-4 years). These temporary crowns are put in and appointments reschedu ...

ESL & Poor Dictator Stress
Feb 01, 2013

No more microscopic QA dissection for me. My new plan is to shoot the job full of blanks and send it in - far less stressful for sure. Each and every time I hear something that I am not 100% sure of - they get a blank. This is not now nor was it ever MY personal problem. Today I'm quite tired of being penalized for someone else's inability to dictate clear enough to perfectly discern what was said. No more cleaning up sentences either. QA: Verbatim you want? Verbatim you get. ...

Poor Patient Was Just Subjected
Dec 05, 2013

a transrectal echocardiogram... or so the VR thought!  ...

For Those Of You Who Are Having Your Pay Docked For Poor Performance
Jan 17, 2015

Here is a link you may be interested in. http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2012/10/29/8-workplace-rights-your-employer-might-not-tell-you-about ...

Poor Management Or Do They Want Us To Quit
Mar 21, 2015

NJA.  Call work flow # and they say there are no jobs throughout the company.  Get e-mail stating there is still mandatory OT.  Beyond frustraiting. ...

Source Of Problem With MT Is Poor Dictation.
Aug 15, 2014

Even with bad pay and clunky platforms, a somewhat living wage could be eked out if they just did their part correctly. I think this is the real problem with MT, not MTSOs, nor offshoring, nor VR. Garbage in, garbage out. ...

Punished For Blanks Because Of Poor Dictators
Apr 01, 2015

Vent time.....just my 2 cents.  It really irritates me that MTs pay has come down to this,  based on the type of system that this employer has put into place, which reduces our pay even more because of poor quality doctors that the hospitals employ.  One fine example, an MT only allowed to leave 1 blank before sending to QA, but QA is allowed to leave 4 before sending on...SO, 2 or more people have now listened to this report and STILL have to leave blanks, and for YEARS this comp ...

Typing Speed Cut In Half With Poor Dictators? Try This...
May 29, 2015

It can be shocking to see what your actual typing speed averages with poor dictators, pauses in dictation, having to research, etc. Take your total lines per shift. Divide by number of hours you work. Times  11 (I believe average words per line) Divided by 60 (minutes)  Equals your words per minute.  So if you do what many MTSOs require,  250 lines transcription per hour, your average typing speed to achieve that is 45.8 WPM.  If your typing ...

Article - Doctor Claims Poor EMR Training Cost Him His Job
Oct 27, 2011

Ha! This thing looks like as I predicted....a disaster waiting to happen.   http://www.fierceemr.com/story/fired-doctor-my-ehr-training-was-poor/2011-10-27?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Someone Tell Focus Their VR Is Poor;"bowel Tracks" Instead Of Valtrex
Dec 20, 2009

Pay us FULL transcription rate for poor voice recognition that we must spend a lot of time fixing. If it has ONLY a a couple of errors, that would be the only justified reason for less cents-per-line voice recognition pay. Shame on you, Focus. ...

If I Hear "poor Den Attention" Or
Nov 12, 2011

"the importance of smoking sensation was reviewed" one more time, I'm going to lose my mind!  Doing a string of notes by the world's laziest, fastest dictator.  So tempted to transcribe verbatim and see what happens! ...