A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I find that sometimes other data seems to run in the background and slows my - PAMT

Posted: Dec 21, 2013

computer typing screen down.  Is there a way to clear out background without having to reboot the computer.  I have my own computer.   I think it is after I got into other websites to look at something like Goggle or what have you.

check your antivirus program to see if it is running things - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to have that problem until I changed some of the settings in my antivirus program. For example, it would run virus scans at 12 noon every Tuesday. I changed that to 10 p.m. on Saturday nights. Try looking at those settings first to see if you can rearrange the times to when you don't need your computer.

I know when that is running but this is different. It is not running and my DQS typing screen just - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
think there is a program running in the background but it is not Norton for sure. That about stops my computer and I do have it set to run the long check at night but I also have Comcast so I think that runs off and on also. This is different. It doesnt stop. When the virus is running after it stops you can go but not this problem.

Suggestion - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Press CTL-ALT-DEL at the same time and select Task Manager (might be called something else, but similar, on your computer). It will tell you what is running and how much capacity they use.

It sounds like Norton, but could be malware of some sort.

I think it's because we can't block pop-ups... - Depressed

[ In Reply To ..]
At least that has been my main problem. Also, having any instant messenger open slows you down too.

Similar Messages:

Extra Work Slows Down No Pay
Apr 07, 2014

When I get partial dictation reports on EditScript where you don't have to do anything in regards to header/demographics, my speed in terms of lines per hour is almost twice as fast. When there are so many new worktypes with new MT Instructions, the speed goes way down. When the header shows no medical record number and I have to enter in demographics what speaker dictates, the speed goes way down. The point is that I think every one of the reports should be like partial dictations in wh ...

I Have Norton Antivirus And Everytime It Does Something It Slows My Computer Down.
Apr 11, 2012

Hard to work when it does that.  I have stopped the full system scan and made it at night but Norton still does other things and of course checks all emails and the computer just slows down so far it is hard to work until it is done. ...

It's Not Enough That Theycange Your Schedule And Update The Software That Slows You Down, But
Feb 07, 2015

I could not log into the system and IT guy's solution is turn of computer and turn it on again, well now everyday that is what I have to do. Yet another time consumer that is costing me money. Good grief! I would call IT back, but I fear that may be more time consuming. I am hoping that Sunday's maintenance takes care of the problem. Another thing is, I cannot believe that they have the audacity to ask us for overtime every week after changing our schedules. This schedule change has re ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

VA Background?
Jun 06, 2011

What's "VA background?"  - voice something?  (It's in a job seeker's ad.)  Thanks. ...

Lab Data
Apr 12, 2010

In discharge summary: Lab Data: "Heart rate: 96 to 220 with no ST-T wave changes." Question is, is heart rate correct like this?  Also, ST-T wave, is this correct or should there be a hypen between T-wave?  Please help if you can.  Thanks so much! ...

Data
Mar 14, 2012

Wow my docs won't even put in a correct medical record number for their patients, I have to do it for them, which is fine because that is my job.  Can you imagine what is going to happen when they have to put in all the info.  Dang dudes, it is just 6 numbers. ...

Lab Data For CLL??
Aug 15, 2012

Never heard of this one ... Dr. says while reviewing blood work, "On the smears, tuchim and aspirate, there were increased...."  Anyone ever heard of that?  Somebody, andybody????? Thanks :) ...

Background Check
Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone out there not pass the background test through medquist ...

Will It Be A Big Disadvantage Not To Have ICD-9 Background
Apr 14, 2011

Also, which training/certification takes longer, the CCS or the CPC?  Thanks1 ...

Background Checks
Feb 25, 2014

Does anyone know if companies typically call your former employers for background checks?  I have jumped around a lot in the last several years for various reasons, and still looking for the right fit, but have applied to 10 different companies in 2 weeks and have only heard from 2. I'm wondering if my resume and recent work history is the problem. I'm an MT of 8 years, so lack fo experience is not the problem. Maybe it's the time of year? If I don't find something soon, ...

Background Interference
Jun 19, 2015

Hard to hear dictation today.  Motorcycle rally in town this weekend and they are driving up and down my street, which is a main street in the community.  Can't understand people saying that they can't hear a Harley.  I find them loud.  I was told  they put loud mufflers on them as a safety tool.  Have not been on 1 in probably 20 or more years. ...

Data Migration
May 01, 2012

Does anyone know companies that have data migration work? Thank you. ...

Data-Med Transcription
May 01, 2013

What do you know about this company? Apparently they have a backlog and need help. ...

Data Overload
Oct 10, 2013

Didja see the MT proficiency report?  I'm surprised we're not forced to sit on digital pads to record minutes out of chair and weight change during the day.  Now, why the hell isn't there a proficiency report on the physicians?  Minutes per report, how much voice recognition was invalid.  We should get combat pay for doing some of these guys who obviously had their lips sewn shut.  MM collects data on everything else... ...

Data Entry
Apr 14, 2014

I applied for a data entry job today after being unemployed for nearly 3-1/2 months. I can't seem to find anything I think I could start out doing after being home over the years. It seems data entry would fit for me. Getting back out there is hard. Depression has taken over, but I'm trying to manage without medication. Most days, I would like to go to bed and stay, but haven't up until this point. Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent. I pray I will at least get to interview, ...

Collecting Data
Dec 20, 2014

If you ever chance to use Ctrl S for past reports, please check statistics.  LMK if you see something "outta whack."  Got my own screen shots (without patient name), would suggest you do the same. ...

Data Usage
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone use a Verizon connection? Do you know data usage for an 8 hour day? I do not have cable where I live. I currently use a Verizon air card that the hospital I'm employed by maintains. We got out sourced and now I need to set up my own connection and pay for it. However,  no one can tell me data usage so I can tell if the new job offered is going to be worth the expense.  ...

Encompass - Background Check?
Oct 12, 2009

How are they to work for and do they do a background check? Thanks. ...

Need To Change Background Color
Oct 20, 2009

I work in Escription, word and need to change the background color from blue to something else. TIA ...

Billing And Coding With MT Background
Jun 15, 2010

I have a background in medical transcription however I am unable to sit in the same position (foot pedal - headset - typing) for any length of time.  I broke my neck many years ago and didn't know when I was in school that this was going to prevent me from doing this career on even a part time basis and after graduating with high honors and having great employee/employer relationships. I am wondering if it is feasible to do billing and coding with medical transcription in a home offic ...

DocQScribe - Background Color
May 04, 2011

Is it possible to change the background color to something other than white in DocQScribe? ...

Precyse Background Checks
Mar 27, 2012

I tested and passed with Precyse and was interviewed twice and offered a position and accepted.  I have received 3 acceptance letters, a start date, and an email stating my equipment is on the way.  I was called by HR saying they are getting ready to run the background check and wanted to know what charges I had to make certain it meshes with what they uncover.  Of course I am crazy anxious about this, but it also just all seems like a very chaotic hiring system.  Shouldn ...

Font Color/background
Mar 30, 2012

Morning....I have been having a lot of trouble finding a background/font color that does not strain my eyes.  Does anyone have one they love and would not mind sharing?  Thank you much! ...

Background Check For Coders
Apr 12, 2012

I was wondering about what on a background check would prohibit one from getting a job as a coder at a hospital.  I know the obvious, but what about a misdemeanor DUI from the late 1980s on an otherwise clean-as-a-whistle record with someone who has great credit to boot?  Would that be a deal breaker?  The applicant would have the preferred credentials in place and would otherwise be a good candidate.     ...

Sick Of Background Noises
Apr 15, 2014

Anyone ever just want to type a note in the QA box to the client regarding background noises of nurses etc running their mouth about anything, cell phones going off, ventilator going up and down, etc etc etc.  I have a doctor right now, and a long report, that so far has 23 QA markers all because the nurses (? anyway females) in the background are so loud and the doctor is listening to them and trying to dictate, not to mention he needs to use a Kleenex and is a horrible ESL.   Ok ...

Commercial Ads Playing In Background...
Jun 05, 2015

I've been having this problem recently. Whenever I'm on computer, whether it be looking at a website, reading email, etc., I will intermittently have commercial ads (audio) play in the background. I've had my ISP do tune-ups and malaware/virus removal twice in the last two days. Today, after being on Internet for 30 minutes, there it was again; a commercial for ice cream. How can I work listening to dictations with commercials playing at the same time? Does anyone know what is goi ...

Laboratory Data Web Sites
Dec 11, 2009

I seem to be having a problem with getting the lab data in the right sentence structure can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance. ...

STP Medical Data Services, Inc.
Mar 23, 2010

Anyone know anything about STP Medical Data Services? ...

Cryptococcal Meningitis Lab Data
Apr 26, 2010

Not too familiar with lab tests regarding this diagnosis, but it sounds like the doctor is saying: "T-cells showed WBC of 7,400, T4 162, TK 2,572, CBC: RBC 4, WCB 3,000 at lumbar puncture. The India ink stains were positive for cryptococcus. Acid _____ culture and gram stain were negative, sugar and protein were normal. ...