A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have an idea, let's try this - sm

Posted: Jun 13, 2012

I know people are happy at their jobs and I applaud you for finding the right fit and hope it continues for you---I am asking all you happy MTs to post the name of the company you work for?!?!?!?!  You are willing to share all other information about the company share the name with us---we all want to know which companies are good out there, all we usually hear about are the bad ones, no hesitation there to share the name for sure.

No secrets here... - Happy2

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Oracle Transcription. Have for years. They only hire ICs, that is absolutely the only draw back I can think of about the company. Great accounts. Great management. Great QA. Great platform. Above all else, courteous, respectful and they treat ICs like ICs (gasp!!!) You tell them how many lines you will type per pay period and you type when and if you want to. Period. I will never go anywhere else if I can help it.

Oracle - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have heard a lot of good things about Oracle, definitely must be one of the good ones for sure - Glad you got with a great company (or should I say two lol)

I would love to get a response from them - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
but they have yet to respond to my online application. It's been over 48 hours.

You have GOT to be kidding!! "It's been over 48 hours?"!!!! - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Oracle too, great company, but 48 hours.........seriously?!! They get hundreds of applications. First of all they aren't hiring right now, and secondly, for Heaven sake they don't sit and monitor every application that comes in every minute of the day!!!
I agree - but
[ In Reply To ..]
geeesh...could have said that a whole lot nicer...maybe someone like 48 hours really is nothing when it comes to these companies getting resumes, give it some time and hopefully you will hear something...yea sounds better to me.

You would be silly to post the names of any jobs you value - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The best MTSOs don't like to see their names plastered everywhere. Also, they don't want to start hearing from hundreds of unhappy MTs who want to go to work for them. They already have their sources for new MT applicants. If they find out you posted their name, you may be one of those unhappy MTs looking for a good MTSO.

Doubtful - anonon

[ In Reply To ..]
I highly doubt a company would go out of their way to search to find out who was behind a post that praised their company to fire them. I think that is the silliest thing I've ever heard.

I would suggest not going in and telling them you posted about how great they are - Just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
Not a good idea.

See?! - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't want to be helpful, don't post anything. This didn't answer the OP, you are actually telling others what to do, and then threatening that anyone who says they like their company and it's a good one may be fired! I wish mods would delete exaggerated, non-factual posts like this. How ridiculous. And how on earth would you personally know and speak for how "all" these best MTSOs feel? Another silly tangent instead of helpful info that just clutters up the OP's response thread.

you would be silly - MT nomore

[ In Reply To ..]
Thats a new one, because we always wanted to see our MTs brag about us. As far as having people apply, as a company, you always want to have people applying, means you are doing a good job keeping your people happy!

Sorry, I will not post the name of my company - Mrs. B.

[ In Reply To ..]
because my boss has asked me not to. It is a mid-sized national and the last time I posted its name, HR was flooded with apps from newbies, MTs from the matchbook schools, etc. HR is a small department and they just do not want to have to deal with all that. Instead, if I know someone PERSONALLY and know their work ethic and the quality of their work, I mention them to my supervisor. Only THEN do I tell the person that my supervisor would like to see her resume. BTW, my company regularly gets bashed on these boards, but I make a great wage and have never been happier in my life. (I have worked for three major nationals as well as small companies.) The company I work for now does advertise on this site, to perhaps you will get lucky!

One thing you said - tells the story

[ In Reply To ..]
your company gets bashed on here, I think you are embarrassed to say who it is for fear of others lashing out at you and calling you a liar and believe me I can totally understand that, everyone has their own and different experience with companies, glad yours worked out but at least be honest and say that's the reason. I think that's why a lot of people won't post names of companies - sad situation all the drama these boards can create!
It does not tell the story at all - Mrs. B.
[ In Reply To ..]
Please do not make assumptions. To do so does not serve you. The reason I will not give out the name is because my boss asked me not to. He does not want to deal with newbie apps and people from matchbook schools. That's all it is. And I do not blame him.
Why - ls
[ In Reply To ..]
then did you bother posting on the OPs thread. They asked for people to tell the name of the company they work for if they are happy there. all you did was boast about how happy you are and then say my boss told me not to tell. Sort of defeats the purpose.
I posted too, to say that it isn't smart to plaster your employer's name around - and cause them extra work
[ In Reply To ..]
When I work for an employer, I work in their best interests. I don't go on boards and encourage anonymous strangers to flood them with applications. If I thought I might do it, I would check with them first to see how they felt about it.

Others may not have written a reply here but were smart enough not to talk about their company in public without their permission. It's just common sense.

To be more specific, I want the people who own/manage/work for any company that I like and respect to spend time doing things that bring in money for them. I'm not going to do anything that will waste their time.

Posting Company Names - Stubby

[ In Reply To ..]
The problem with posting the names of companies that have happy MTs is that the hundreds plus of MTs who read this board will then inundate these companies with emails, phone calls, etc., unsolicited. Most GOOD companies don't want that kind of attention and for someone who is very happy, keeping the office/HR staff happy is as important as the MTs being happy. If people would just be happy to FILE AWAY the "good company" information and refer to it when they see postings for open positions that would be fine, but unfortunately that is not what happens. I (and most other happy MTs) are not willing to create hardship on the office, anonymously or not; I want them to care about my quality of life and I in turn will care about theirs. The thoughts of them receiving 100s of resumes, emails, phone calls does not equate to a good quality of life.

Addendum - Stubby

[ In Reply To ..]
I should clarify that I am speaking primarily about smaller companies, not the larger companies that probably can accommodate the heavy traffic that giving high marks on this board might generate (and might actually enjoy it), but like my home office that has only about 10 people including owner, payroll, HR, account managers; asking them to field that kind of traffic would be a nightmare for them!

Stubby - Mrs. B.

[ In Reply To ..]
You said it more perfectly than I did! That is it exactly.

Totally disagree - no company is going to

[ In Reply To ..]
fire you for praising their company, can't believe that was even said!

I have an idea, - MT nomore

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey SM, those happy in their jobs are no longer with the contract companies. I was a member of the contract hell for 8 years with 3 different companies and it sucked big time. Unfortunately, hospitals are outsourcing now and not seeing that keeping us under their employ gives them so much better quality! MR Management is getting so lazy (I was one, I know!!)

Posting Company name - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would we put our jobs in jeopardy by posting a company name? They usually have enough people already. The more we post the names the less work we have.

Smart people don't tell everything they know - Please see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Smart people don't tell everything they know. They also refer friends with great skills to their employer, not strangers.

LOL - too funny

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I could be your friend - I even have wine

[ In Reply To ..]
Lets network. I will be a loyal friend, and after a year, will you then tell me? I figure I can hold out in this job for at least 1 more year before I reach my breaking point. I meet with my girlfriends at least once a month for wine... how far away do you live?

Could you be my friend? - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a guy and I don't like wine, but I sure do make a killer martini....
forget the wine... I love dirti martinis - ummmmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
I will be your friend! Whats up buddy?
Wne, yumm, margaritas, even yummier - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Hello friends!!! How cool would that be if we could get groups together in our area once a month. Anyone live in Rochester, NY?

No secrets here either - MxSecure - CB

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry so many people posted JUST to tell you that they won't (!) and hijacked your question.

I'm pretty confident in my position, and my company's ability to handle emails and resumes ;). I've been happy at MxSecure, and I don't think the owners will be "upset" that I believe it's a good company to work for and recommend it as one of the better ones. I transcribe about 75% straight, 25% VR. Pay is average but there are incentives for both. Benefits, holiday pay, no weekends are some of the perks. Nice people too. I haven't seen any ads, however, since last year, so don't believe they are hiring.

mxsecure - offshores

[ In Reply To ..]
that's why you won't see ads for them here.

seems like a contradiction then - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to have nuance and medquist boards, when they offshore too.

I actually liked MxSecure - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Liked them, worked for them several years back. Wish I could have stayed, but I was too injured and working another job I absolutely hated that paid higher. What good is a higher pay when you do everything to avoid it and not much line count though is what I told my husband. Now I wish I would have stayed, as medical benefits are gold to me.

Request to post the names of great companies. - Happy MX MT

[ In Reply To ..]
In reading this thread 2 things strike me. First, that someone would think a company would not be happy with its employees posting good things about it. Being inundated with apps and emails? Hello? If they're not hiring, they either save the emails/apps for when they need to hire or they delete them. It's not difficult. This reasoning is insane to me. Almost as insane as people refusing to state names of companies on this site.

This is called the Company Board afterall. Why would you be reading this board if you didn't expect people to mention names of companies. Yes, I too work for MX and yes, I too am happy (though they did cut everyone's pay when they went to employee-only status). I actually like the fact that someone wants to hear of the good companies out there. Too often this board is just full of griping and one might wonder if there are any good companies still out there.

The pay at MX is just barely average nowadays, but I've been with them a long time and think they're great! They have expensive benefits but do offer them. They have a TON of holidays and generous sick time. I rarely run out of work. And like a previous poster, I would never dream that they would have a problem with an MT complimenting their (our) company.

If an MT is comfortable with her skill set, why would she feel uncomfortable telling other MTs that she works for a great company-- and NAMING that company? We're all in this together. My theory is that if you don't want to share the name of the company you work for, you don't feel too secure in your job (or you're paranoid).

MX Secure! Out of Scottsdale, AZ. Yes they offshore to the Philippines and you should know this before you apply.

Request continued - Stubby

[ In Reply To ..]
Well that is one, narrow-minded way to look at it (must be paranoid or lack job security??!!).

Another way to consider it is just as I said before - in a small company that does not employ a recruiter who can spend 100% of their time screening applications and interviewing, but rather a small office where staff wear many hats and recruitment is very low on their list of things to do (except when they have an actual opening), posting their name on this board is not doing them a favor. The truth is most smaller companies, even when hiring, do not use this board or any of the other MT sites to recruit, but rather prefer word of mouth referrals. Most companies now, not just in this industry, also do not want unsolicited resumes/applications; when there are openings, they will ask for them.

Now if someone posts on this board asking a question about the company I work for, I will gladly answer it (and have done so in the past), but to just give company names in response to a generic post, i.e., good or bad companies is not prudent in all cases.
That doesn't necessarily mean we are paranoid or inept; perhaps CONSIDERATE of others would be a better analysis (at least in my case).

Stubby - MX MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry if my comment sounded condescending. I hate the fact that I contributed to the sometimes negative posts in these forums. I still don't understand your viewpoint nor that of your employer who doesn't want their companies swamped with applications. In this day and age, it's nothing to delete them with a flick of the mouse or throw them in a file if you get them in the mail. I can't understand why someone would not want a large base of applications if they need to hire someone. If they only hire by inside referrals, left them post this on their website.

It's sad that the gripes about companies outnumber the useful and helpful info re. good companies out there. (And this is like 10:1 IMO.) If there weren't MTs willing to talk about their companies, there shouldn't be a Company Board forum. Again, this is just my opinion but I think it's cool that enough MTs are willing to help their fellow MTs obtain a GOOD job with a GOOD employer by actually disclosing NAMES and wages.
Continued - Stubby
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I don't know your background, but I have worked in-house and in various offices and even the act of having to clean out your email inbox can be overwhelming some days.

I used to be a residency program coordinator and was responsible for screening all applications to our program - let me tell you that there were days where I received more than 500 application submissions; at one point my mailbox had more than 6300 total emails (that I kept trying to get time to move to folders, etc., but was too busy). I too had many other responsibilities in my position and it took exorbitant amounts of time to screen, keep or delete the applications. I disagree that most companies want a large base of applications - circumstances change (quite often in this field) and likely, depending on the age of the application, the information is not current, especially when you consider that most small, GOOD companies aren't experiencing much turnover and therefore would not be referring to those saved resumes in a timely fashion. In an office environment, all time is precious and the constant receipt of unsolicited calls and emails definitely impacts a person's efficiency and having frazzled office staff is not the best use of human resources.

Like I said if someone posts a question about a company I currently work for or have worked for and I feel I have something to add, then I will gladly give that information, good or bad. I just don't like the shotgun approach to obtaining that information.

The company board functions as it should - there is plenty of good information about a lot of specific companies on this board (I agree the gripes outnumber the useful) with many different perspectives as to what constitutes good or bad; those are really relative terms - other than not paying correctly and on time, the parameters for determining "good or bad" are quite subjective so we all must weigh the information given and apply our own critical thinking to it to make the best decision for ourselves. I too believe it is important that we share information about specific companies when asked, I just choose not to wreck havoc on my home office to PROVE that I'm not paranoid or inept in answer to a generic subjective question.

very considerate. Wish more people thought like you do - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
How very astute you are. Nothing like trying to transcribe accounts yourself and run a company, and then place an ad to be completely buried in applicants who all want personal answers back, up to 14,000 responses at once. It is impossible.

Similar Messages:

What About This Idea?
Apr 08, 2010

I would like to suggest that every unhappy MT at MQ jam the phone line(s) of Employee Assistance and share how the stress from working at MQ is affecting your health, your work, and your personal lives.  If this is supposed to be a benefit for all employees, then make it work for you by calling, one by one, day by day, hour by hour, and then, quite possibly, you will see another benefit taken away from MTs (such as no-strings-attached QA) but at least you can get satisfa ...

No Idea...
Aug 28, 2010

I'm having trouble with line 5 of this PMH: 2.  Fibromyalgia. 3.  Hypertension.  4.  Enlarged liver.  5.  s/l lepulley 2001.  6.  Left CTR 2002.  7.  BTL 1992.   It could be left something, but I can't think of anything, even shorthand, that would fit there. ...

I Have No Idea...
Dec 01, 2010

I have absolutely no clue what this is supposed to be...please help!! "Check pre-biologic labs.  The patient already has an s/l (eject sex re).  Obtain a copy." I'm not sure if it's a type of x-ray or lab test...the patient has psoriatic arthritis, OA, and fibromyalgia, and is getting ready to have surgery to fix her cervical neck and to remove a cervical lymph node Any ideas? ...

No Idea
Dec 15, 2010

Sounds like "disgrazias". Any ideas? Context:  She was sent to Dr. So-and-so to evaluate for chronic lymphocytic leukemia or other blood disgrazias/malignancies.      Any help is very much appreciated! :) ...

Any Idea
Jan 24, 2011

What 10.5 per visible line character might equal to all characters and spaces counted?  Thanks. ...

No Idea What This Could Be!
Jan 29, 2012

In further ( s/l loose ideation) of the problem, it appears she has had chronic UTIs that require the use of Bactrim 4-6 times per year for several years now. ...

Odd Idea
Feb 13, 2012

This occurred to me today and just thought I'd share.  What if this were a supportive forum? No, no, I'm not talking about not complaining, etc., that's important to do, IMO. But, we are all in the same craft, so maybe we could cheer one another on! Even get to know one another. OMG, that would be awful! I was in a completely different industry a few years ago, and it was full of stress and difficulty, and we griped all the time, but in the end, we lifted one another up, vers ...

No Idea--?
Apr 05, 2012

Chest x-ray shows no significant change compared to XX/XX/2011, persistent bilateral pleural effusions, cardiomegaly, *s/l "pass-you-by's for"* right worse than left opacities. Going to have to blank this one, as I need to turn it in, but would be interested to read any thoughts. Thanks in advance. ...

New Job Idea
Nov 20, 2012

Today I had to go to a deposition at my attorney's office. There was a woman there who was a "voice-writer" to be present and record the meeting. She used a mask over her mouth and repeated into the mask everything that was said verbatim. We could not hear her. This went directly onto her computer screen which was connected and she said all she had to do now was edit the voice recognition report. I looked it up online and there is a lot of information about this field. I am thinking of cons ...

Another Job Idea
Nov 20, 2012

I previously worked for a MTSO whose main focus was on buying out every company possible. I had enough of the micromanagement and pay cuts, low work, no work, etc. so I just walked away after giving notice. I had been looking for work daily, applying, sending resumes with no luck. Then I saw at the local mall where many seasonal positions to work in the stores were available. I applied having no customer service skills, but I got the job. My foot is now in the door! I am hoping it will lead to a ...

How Is This For An Idea?
Feb 07, 2014

Not for me I'm sick of MT work. But you guys that still love it,,what if you went to the local clinics or hospitals and started inquiring about who they use and what they pay..You can undercut them by a mile with no overhead... ...

Here Is An Idea
Apr 01, 2014

just started work for this company.  Thought I would pass it along, sounds like they have offices in several states.  She is in IT, but I notice they have call center jobs, including one at-home job in Ohio.  Thought it might be of help to someone.  I don't know why I can't get the link to show up, anyway: http://www.startek.com/us-careers ...

I Have No Idea If It Is The Job
Sep 21, 2014

But I find myself chronically angry.  Today I've had nothing but crap dictators and every single report has had at least 1 blank in it.  Nuance, c'mon, get a clue will you?  Is it any wonder you're losing people and have to keep posting for new people?  Bring back the good stuff from India and give them the crap dictators and let them see how they like it.  OK, rant over. ...

Got An Idea
Nov 07, 2014

Suggest they call MH back again for the umpteenth time...she's always willing to return again and again.  If not, maybe her daughter.  That's their answer to any problem in the past.  Even if they can't stand her or her daughter... they usually resort to them in a pinch.  Oh, but don't call her a coordinator, no, she's an account facilitator.  They have more made-up titles for people. What a joke!!!! ...

Here's An Idea....
Nov 14, 2014

I've muddled through a whole procession of unfamiliar accounts and dictators this morning til my head hurts.  And now we get an e-mail stating (surprise, surprise!) we are really backed up and asking for OT for this weekend.  Let me think about this....do I want to spend this weekend chained to this desk for pennies struggling through one lousy report after another to bail them out of the consequences of their wonderful new "Pod" idea?  Ummm, let me think.  No.  Tha ...

I Have An Idea .....
Jan 18, 2015

How about when we all leave Nuance to find other employment, we make a little phone call to the hospital(s) and/or clinics we transcribed for and tell them what an awful company Nuance is.  Maybe they will stop using Nuance for their transcription and one by one they will lose business.  Seems like the only way to get back at these sneaky. ...

Anyone Have Any Idea On This?
Jun 16, 2015

My company is in the process of being absorbed by Nuance.  We have to test and interview but were told most of us would be hired by them.  They said they would try to give us schedules/hours we have now (or would like), but I am wondering if they end up offering us horrible hours (like overnight) and we don't take it, if we would be inelligible for unemployment.  Does anyone have any idea? ...

Absolutely No Idea...HELP!
Oct 19, 2009

He had an abdominal ultrasound, which showed reverse lerndalytes and left guaddle veins. ...

An Y Idea What VCG Stands For?
Feb 02, 2010

Chief Complaint: left wrist, s.l  VCG ...

I Have A Great Idea
Aug 19, 2011

Why don't all of us who are tired of everything join forces and form our own company.  We live all over the country, know how to do the work, know how to QA, know different platforms.  Hundreds of us together could market our own vicinity and work together like a coop.  We would all make the big bucks.  It has to work, as we are the people who keep the large companies in business.  Coops work with any other business, why not with this.  What do you think ...

Patients Have No Idea...
Apr 18, 2012

Last night I was taken out to dinner by my now full-time employer, his wife, and few other folks who joined us (yes, Imagine that, I actually enjoy spending time with them and they treat employees great.)  Someone asked me about my former 10-year career as an MT.... I told them how much I loved the actual job, and then told them what a MESS ASR and EPIC make of a patient's record if it is unedited.  I recounted some of the "funny" mistakes (only funny in the fact that AS ...

Just Had An Idea For An Audit!
Mar 03, 2014

The auditor should determine what percentage of the dictation the physician got correct and then the MT should have at least 99.6% of that correct.  I had a doc today say, "There was no palpation to palpation over the remaining joints."  I left it, didn't even blank it, mainly because I could clearly hear it and knew they had mis-spoke but how am I supposed to know if they meant pain or tenderness or what?  Most of my audio today was extremely lousy and I had left enough blan ...

Can Someone Give Me An Idea How To Get Into
Sep 02, 2014

too many different sign ins and passwords, completely forgot how to get in ...

Here Is An Idea That Might Work To Get Better Pay.
Oct 24, 2014

Send your resume to every company out there, stating that you are looking for IC work. When you get an interview, demand more pay than the measly 8/4 cpl that they are trying to shove down our throats. Tell them that because you are an IC, you have self employment taxes, health care, etc. that comes out of your own pocket and it would not be worth it to work for what they are offering. Also, they are benefitting greatly by not having to pay WC insurance, health care, etc. Thank them for the ...

Have No Idea Why This Is Happening,
Dec 07, 2014

I get the message Internet Explorer has stopped working on a daily basis. It usually means I have to wait a few seconds for it to restart but sometimes it has to close whatever page I am on. Does anyone have any information that might cause this? Thanks. ...

Here's An Idea For The Repository
Apr 06, 2015

Before you put a report in there, how bout making sure it is correct? Not even close and I'm talking equipment names. Thank you to the MT that had it correct in Docqumanage because this doctor is terrible. ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Career Transition Idea
Jan 21, 2011

I came across this idea when looking for ideas to branch out from doing MT. A local technical school in my area offers a certification degree for a respiratory therapist. In doing some research, this doesn't sound that bad. You basically work with patient's who have trouble breathing, asthma, COPD, etc. Learn how to use all the oxygen breathing equipment and such, learn how to respond to a patient who might be coding and give proper airway support. It sounded a lot harder than it looks ...

I Have No Idea What Kind Of Math They Are Using
Dec 14, 2011

In any case, I've been ignoring it.  You can double check your pay by taking the amount of money in the Current column and dividing that by the number of lines in the Piece Units column.    It may be a little bit more if you work nights and get the shift differential as it seems that they add that on.  It would be nice if they would show that in a seperate row like they did before Ultipro ...

Idea What Oracle Pays?
Feb 08, 2012

does anyone have an idea what oracle pays? line/hour/page?  ...