A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any idea - gintex

Posted: Jan 24, 2011

What 10.5 per visible line character might equal to all characters and spaces counted?  Thanks.

in the neighborhood of 8 cpl - nm - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]

averages about 18% less - VBC MT

[ In Reply To ..]
So it's about 8.5 - 8.6 cpl.

I'm happy to read someone is paying HIGHER so that when you go lower you're still at least on par with the average wage being offered for 65 char

Similar Messages:

What About This Idea?
Apr 08, 2010

I would like to suggest that every unhappy MT at MQ jam the phone line(s) of Employee Assistance and share how the stress from working at MQ is affecting your health, your work, and your personal lives.  If this is supposed to be a benefit for all employees, then make it work for you by calling, one by one, day by day, hour by hour, and then, quite possibly, you will see another benefit taken away from MTs (such as no-strings-attached QA) but at least you can get satisfa ...

No Idea...
Aug 28, 2010

I'm having trouble with line 5 of this PMH: 2.  Fibromyalgia. 3.  Hypertension.  4.  Enlarged liver.  5.  s/l lepulley 2001.  6.  Left CTR 2002.  7.  BTL 1992.   It could be left something, but I can't think of anything, even shorthand, that would fit there. ...

I Have No Idea...
Dec 01, 2010

I have absolutely no clue what this is supposed to be...please help!! "Check pre-biologic labs.  The patient already has an s/l (eject sex re).  Obtain a copy." I'm not sure if it's a type of x-ray or lab test...the patient has psoriatic arthritis, OA, and fibromyalgia, and is getting ready to have surgery to fix her cervical neck and to remove a cervical lymph node Any ideas? ...

No Idea
Dec 15, 2010

Sounds like "disgrazias". Any ideas? Context:  She was sent to Dr. So-and-so to evaluate for chronic lymphocytic leukemia or other blood disgrazias/malignancies.      Any help is very much appreciated! :) ...

No Idea What This Could Be!
Jan 29, 2012

In further ( s/l loose ideation) of the problem, it appears she has had chronic UTIs that require the use of Bactrim 4-6 times per year for several years now. ...

Odd Idea
Feb 13, 2012

This occurred to me today and just thought I'd share.  What if this were a supportive forum? No, no, I'm not talking about not complaining, etc., that's important to do, IMO. But, we are all in the same craft, so maybe we could cheer one another on! Even get to know one another. OMG, that would be awful! I was in a completely different industry a few years ago, and it was full of stress and difficulty, and we griped all the time, but in the end, we lifted one another up, vers ...

No Idea--?
Apr 05, 2012

Chest x-ray shows no significant change compared to XX/XX/2011, persistent bilateral pleural effusions, cardiomegaly, *s/l "pass-you-by's for"* right worse than left opacities. Going to have to blank this one, as I need to turn it in, but would be interested to read any thoughts. Thanks in advance. ...

I Have An Idea, Let's Try This
Jun 13, 2012

I know people are happy at their jobs and I applaud you for finding the right fit and hope it continues for you---I am asking all you happy MTs to post the name of the company you work for?!?!?!?!  You are willing to share all other information about the company share the name with us---we all want to know which companies are good out there, all we usually hear about are the bad ones, no hesitation there to share the name for sure. ...

New Job Idea
Nov 20, 2012

Today I had to go to a deposition at my attorney's office. There was a woman there who was a "voice-writer" to be present and record the meeting. She used a mask over her mouth and repeated into the mask everything that was said verbatim. We could not hear her. This went directly onto her computer screen which was connected and she said all she had to do now was edit the voice recognition report. I looked it up online and there is a lot of information about this field. I am thinking of cons ...

Another Job Idea
Nov 20, 2012

I previously worked for a MTSO whose main focus was on buying out every company possible. I had enough of the micromanagement and pay cuts, low work, no work, etc. so I just walked away after giving notice. I had been looking for work daily, applying, sending resumes with no luck. Then I saw at the local mall where many seasonal positions to work in the stores were available. I applied having no customer service skills, but I got the job. My foot is now in the door! I am hoping it will lead to a ...

How Is This For An Idea?
Feb 07, 2014

Not for me I'm sick of MT work. But you guys that still love it,,what if you went to the local clinics or hospitals and started inquiring about who they use and what they pay..You can undercut them by a mile with no overhead... ...

Here Is An Idea
Apr 01, 2014

just started work for this company.  Thought I would pass it along, sounds like they have offices in several states.  She is in IT, but I notice they have call center jobs, including one at-home job in Ohio.  Thought it might be of help to someone.  I don't know why I can't get the link to show up, anyway: http://www.startek.com/us-careers ...

I Have No Idea If It Is The Job
Sep 21, 2014

But I find myself chronically angry.  Today I've had nothing but crap dictators and every single report has had at least 1 blank in it.  Nuance, c'mon, get a clue will you?  Is it any wonder you're losing people and have to keep posting for new people?  Bring back the good stuff from India and give them the crap dictators and let them see how they like it.  OK, rant over. ...

Got An Idea
Nov 07, 2014

Suggest they call MH back again for the umpteenth time...she's always willing to return again and again.  If not, maybe her daughter.  That's their answer to any problem in the past.  Even if they can't stand her or her daughter... they usually resort to them in a pinch.  Oh, but don't call her a coordinator, no, she's an account facilitator.  They have more made-up titles for people. What a joke!!!! ...

Here's An Idea....
Nov 14, 2014

I've muddled through a whole procession of unfamiliar accounts and dictators this morning til my head hurts.  And now we get an e-mail stating (surprise, surprise!) we are really backed up and asking for OT for this weekend.  Let me think about this....do I want to spend this weekend chained to this desk for pennies struggling through one lousy report after another to bail them out of the consequences of their wonderful new "Pod" idea?  Ummm, let me think.  No.  Tha ...

I Have An Idea .....
Jan 18, 2015

How about when we all leave Nuance to find other employment, we make a little phone call to the hospital(s) and/or clinics we transcribed for and tell them what an awful company Nuance is.  Maybe they will stop using Nuance for their transcription and one by one they will lose business.  Seems like the only way to get back at these sneaky. ...

Anyone Have Any Idea On This?
Jun 16, 2015

My company is in the process of being absorbed by Nuance.  We have to test and interview but were told most of us would be hired by them.  They said they would try to give us schedules/hours we have now (or would like), but I am wondering if they end up offering us horrible hours (like overnight) and we don't take it, if we would be inelligible for unemployment.  Does anyone have any idea? ...

Absolutely No Idea...HELP!
Oct 19, 2009

He had an abdominal ultrasound, which showed reverse lerndalytes and left guaddle veins. ...

An Y Idea What VCG Stands For?
Feb 02, 2010

Chief Complaint: left wrist, s.l  VCG ...

I Have A Great Idea
Aug 19, 2011

Why don't all of us who are tired of everything join forces and form our own company.  We live all over the country, know how to do the work, know how to QA, know different platforms.  Hundreds of us together could market our own vicinity and work together like a coop.  We would all make the big bucks.  It has to work, as we are the people who keep the large companies in business.  Coops work with any other business, why not with this.  What do you think ...

Patients Have No Idea...
Apr 18, 2012

Last night I was taken out to dinner by my now full-time employer, his wife, and few other folks who joined us (yes, Imagine that, I actually enjoy spending time with them and they treat employees great.)  Someone asked me about my former 10-year career as an MT.... I told them how much I loved the actual job, and then told them what a MESS ASR and EPIC make of a patient's record if it is unedited.  I recounted some of the "funny" mistakes (only funny in the fact that AS ...

Just Had An Idea For An Audit!
Mar 03, 2014

The auditor should determine what percentage of the dictation the physician got correct and then the MT should have at least 99.6% of that correct.  I had a doc today say, "There was no palpation to palpation over the remaining joints."  I left it, didn't even blank it, mainly because I could clearly hear it and knew they had mis-spoke but how am I supposed to know if they meant pain or tenderness or what?  Most of my audio today was extremely lousy and I had left enough blan ...

Can Someone Give Me An Idea How To Get Into
Sep 02, 2014

too many different sign ins and passwords, completely forgot how to get in ...

Here Is An Idea That Might Work To Get Better Pay.
Oct 24, 2014

Send your resume to every company out there, stating that you are looking for IC work. When you get an interview, demand more pay than the measly 8/4 cpl that they are trying to shove down our throats. Tell them that because you are an IC, you have self employment taxes, health care, etc. that comes out of your own pocket and it would not be worth it to work for what they are offering. Also, they are benefitting greatly by not having to pay WC insurance, health care, etc. Thank them for the ...

Have No Idea Why This Is Happening,
Dec 07, 2014

I get the message Internet Explorer has stopped working on a daily basis. It usually means I have to wait a few seconds for it to restart but sometimes it has to close whatever page I am on. Does anyone have any information that might cause this? Thanks. ...

Here's An Idea For The Repository
Apr 06, 2015

Before you put a report in there, how bout making sure it is correct? Not even close and I'm talking equipment names. Thank you to the MT that had it correct in Docqumanage because this doctor is terrible. ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Career Transition Idea
Jan 21, 2011

I came across this idea when looking for ideas to branch out from doing MT. A local technical school in my area offers a certification degree for a respiratory therapist. In doing some research, this doesn't sound that bad. You basically work with patient's who have trouble breathing, asthma, COPD, etc. Learn how to use all the oxygen breathing equipment and such, learn how to respond to a patient who might be coding and give proper airway support. It sounded a lot harder than it looks ...

I Have No Idea What Kind Of Math They Are Using
Dec 14, 2011

In any case, I've been ignoring it.  You can double check your pay by taking the amount of money in the Current column and dividing that by the number of lines in the Piece Units column.    It may be a little bit more if you work nights and get the shift differential as it seems that they add that on.  It would be nice if they would show that in a seperate row like they did before Ultipro ...

Idea What Oracle Pays?
Feb 08, 2012

does anyone have an idea what oracle pays? line/hour/page?  ...