A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

With this stupid new NJA policy, what on earth are - SM

Posted: Aug 23, 2013

we supposed to do at holidays when there is No Work and No Work to make up later that day or even that week?!?!

yet another excuse for them to be able to let someone go... - SOSDD

[ In Reply To ..]
not working scheduled hours. Not their fault that it's not possible to work when it's all over seas. Then they have a legitimate reason for letting us go.

guess they will have to make a few amendments to the - ridiculous policy

[ In Reply To ..]
And what about if you run out on a saturday evening shift? Make it up the next week? Make ya wonder if the writer of these policies has fetal alcohol syndrome!!!!

or if you work in the evenings - I guess you plan to run out

[ In Reply To ..]
To make it up on the same day you'd have to plan ahead, assume you would run out, and get after it earlier in the day.

I don't work for MModal, but if everybody has NJA consistently - when would you actually be able, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to make up lines when all 500 transcriptionists are trying to make up lines? Just saying

Exactly. Can't make up time if everyone has NJA. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
MM doesn't have a clue.

I don't think they thought this through - everyone will have to start really early

[ In Reply To ..]
The later in the day that your shift starts, the harder it will be to make up time that same day. So everyone will become proactive and start earlier. And no TSM better say a damn thing about it either.

you can only start earlier if there are shifts posted - on the swap board

[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt there will be a lot of early shifts posted because there is no work early. I used to start at 5 am and was forced to start at 9 am because there was no work that early. So the chances of a TSM adding shifts to the swap board that early are slim to none.
that's not so - the email says nothing about swap board
[ In Reply To ..]
it says you can make up your time during the same day without supervisor approval.
New policy - opted out of corp propaganda
[ In Reply To ..]
Could someone please post this new policy on here? I opted out of getting the corporate propaganda emails and I have not seen this new whopper of a policy and it is not on Mmodal intranet site yet. Thanks in advance!!
not allowed to post company data on here. - guess you have to opt back in
[ In Reply To ..]
Or email tsm
Don't know, can't follow - never mind
[ In Reply To ..]
Never mind, I am going with my "didn't see it, don't know about it" policy.
it basically says - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that you no longer have the option to take the remainder of your shift without pay, and you can make up the time during the same day without your supervisor's approval. But of course, the day is not even over and TSMs are already changing the rules.
Thank you - optoutmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for letting me know what it said, I appreciate it.
No pay option still available in Remedy - At this point just email
[ In Reply To ..]
When we got the first email about the policy changing it was changed on the Mmodal site. Now we get this email from Shaw letting us know we cannot take off without pay but the apparent outdated policy is still up. I also went into Remedy and the work without pay option is still available. So who to believe?
Is that really a smart decision to opt out so you - never know what is going on?
[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds pretty counterproductive to work for a company but opt out of their emails. Shees!
my tsm sent an email that you will have to claim shifts - when you run out of work
[ In Reply To ..]
It also says you cannot just take work whenever because it takes work away from someone else.
so once again TSMs make up their own rules - what is the use of a policy? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Screw your TSM, go by policy. - HoHum
[ In Reply To ..]
x
how we do it in - Texas
[ In Reply To ..]
Texas women get what they want, but in a nice polite southern way. We say things like, "Oh am so confused because the official company policy says that we are to do it this way, and your email seems to be saying something different?" Always end your statement with a question mark and a smile.

Not everyone is NJA, Thus the reason they are - reworking BOBs and schedules

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe the reason for the changes is to address the very issue you describe.

Would it be better if they just continued to do nothing? At least this way, they give daily fodder for this board to go nuts over every move they make.

I just want the option to take time - without pay or PTO

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a part time job to take up some of the slack because of the NJA situation at MM and it was working out fine, but nooooo now I must figure out a way to get 40 hours at MM.
without pay or PTO - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Where does it say you can't or won't be required to take PTO?
I meant without pay or without taking PTO - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I want the option of taking off without pay.
not an option - mt2
[ In Reply To ..]
the email states they are getting rid of the option of being released without pay. I want to know as a part-time person who also works a full-time job where I'm supposed to find the time the same day to make up my hours if I have NJA.
I realize that - duh
[ In Reply To ..]
That's why I'm not happy about it.

agreed, we are in constant TAT and mandatory OT - wish we could get some help

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

What On Earth Is Going On At The Q
Apr 08, 2011

Is there a magic prize offered?  Did they land some huge new accounts?  Are they just looking to hire a bunch of even lower paid individuals to start replacing more higher paid? What is going on?  Why are all these people looking to work here?  They dont know how bad it is, do they? ...

If You Hate It So Much Why On Earth Are You Still Here??
Jul 11, 2011

The posts seem to be getting more and more bitter and full of vitriol for basically every MTSO out there.  Frankly I don't understand why those of you who hate this job so much don't just go get retrained and move on.    I find it hard to believe they are all that bad.  I have worked for 5 or 6 of the big nationals and thought they all lived up to their end of the bargain and were for the most part decent to work for (DSG, Transcend, WMX, MedScribe, and ev ...

Can This Stupid Company Find Anything More Stupid To Do?
Aug 29, 2013

Ugh, I never encountered this before.  I have some different accounts.  There is this INANE gender check which kicks out he or she if it is not the patient's gender.  OMG, the dumas people who have nothing better to do and set this up apparently do not realize males may have mothers or girl friends and vice versa.  I'm so sick of wasting my time fixing the worthless things they have set up to make things "easier" for us.  We'd be better off if maybe t ...

DO NOT Be Dumb Like Me.........stupid, Stupid,stupid
Jan 20, 2011

I had it all. The job I wanted through SOAP Transcription. One little thing got me fired and I don't want it to happen to any of you regardless if you're new or a veteran of the field. Most of us at home workers, with whomever we work for, have rules about the internet. That being said, I was towards the end of my shift last Sunday, and wanted to check the score of a football game. I figured it was only once, what could it hurt. Well, now I know, all too painfully.  I wasn't ...

Why On Earth The Cesspool Is Back?
Feb 01, 2010

Why on earth the cesspool is back?    I log on to work and I am getting work from "a helper pool" which I don't want to help.  The work sucks and I feel bad for anyone who has to do this account regularly.  I never agreed to be a helper for the helper pool.  There is work in the accounts that I am used to!  Why are they doing this? I already had my pay cut from the ASR, from the bouncing around in my own pool from the work going overseas, and now this???? Didnt they take awa ...

Who On Earth Hires These Hair-brained Team Leads?
Jan 04, 2014

Every single team lead I have ever had has been a dim-witted numbskull. How the heck can they get these jobs? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What The NJA Policy Is?
Jan 01, 2010

I can't seem to find anything on MQ Central.  I just started last week and already have no work.  What am I supposed to do?  I cannot get ahold of manager.  TIA ...

OT Policy
Mar 19, 2011

Let me see if I have this right - I am thinking about going FT and this never applied to me much before.  So if we work overtime we get paid our benefit rate x 1.5 - we don't get paid per line for anything over that.  Correct? ...

What Is The Policy Of NJA?
Mar 23, 2011

For the past few weeks I have been getting NJA all night every night!  I am barely making my hours or money that I need.  Am I allowed to make up some of this time during the day.  I have fixed my schedule so the time I work is the time I have allowed myself with my 3 kids and all the demands of my household.  I really can't work any extra at night.  I barely sleep as it is with getting off the computer at 1 am and putting the kids on the bus at 6:30 am.  I thi ...

QA Policy
Dec 29, 2012

Our company was just bought by MModal.  Can anyone explain to me the 5% policy on sending reports to QA? ...

Possible Use Of New NJA Policy?
Sep 05, 2013

I know this isn't what they intend, but I'm wondering if we need to stick to our schedules anymore.  If we can "make it up" in the same day, is it necessary to wait til our scheduled start time if we usually run out?  I mean, why wait til our scheduled second shift hours if we're afraid of running out?  Can't we get on earlier ("same day") and get whatever is available then?  I'm not saying this is fair to those who are scheduled earlier, but there� ...

PTO Policy
Sep 10, 2013

So help me understand this "new" policy.  Are we taking a cut in what we accrue for PTO?  I have over 15 years with this company and find it hard to believe longevity/loyalty do NOT count.  So as I read it, the person that started yesterday will accrue at the same rate as me?  "full time employees will accrue 0.059 hgours of PTO for each paid hour up to a maximum of 4.62 hours  acrrued in a pay period."  HUH?  Not real clear to me.  So we only get 4.62 hours per pay period?  Havin ...

New NJA Policy
Feb 03, 2014

I would love to know how people are handling this new NJA policy.  As I understand it, if we get NJA during our work schedule, we are supposed to keep checking back for work through our shift.  We are allowed to work at any time up until midnight to get in our hours for the day without approval.  I really think if they have no work during your shift, they should pay your benefit rate for the hours there is no work.  I know some states have this, but mine does not.  It just does not seem rig ...

New PTO Policy???
Jan 21, 2015

Anyone heard when the new PTO policy is going to be rolling out.  I thought they said it would be in January, so does that mean in Nuance time March/April?   Maybe they have to wait until they have "perfected" Fiesa.  This post audit M crap .. I feel soooo sorry for them having problems. My TSM has been on conference calls a lot the last week or so.  Much more so than usual, but getting no info from her.  Anyone else have a TSM that is sharing info? ...

No Work Policy
Dec 02, 2009

Can anyone explain the no work policy?  If you are not in one of those few states listed, does that mean you recieve your state's minimum wage rate for hours missed?  Am I reading this wrong? ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

Downtime Policy?
Nov 04, 2010

Can someone tell me the policy for downtime?  Do we log out?  How much downtime do we get paid?  Cant get into MQ Central to find policy. ...

What Is MQ's Bereavement Policy?
Nov 14, 2011

My father passed away this morning.  ...

QA Submission Policy.... Again
Apr 18, 2012

Hello, can't find it in MMCentral, can't locate the orig email (somewhere in my PCs cyberspace) but thought it was 5% per pay period.  Can someone please point me to the HR policy that dictates this?  TIA   ...

Conflict In Policy
May 29, 2012

A couple weeks ago someone on here mentioned that we do not have to use our PTO for NSA. She advised me to contact HR, which I did, who also told me the policy is we do NOT have to use our PTO for NSA. The conflict is, my SM sends out emails prior to time card approval stating we have to use PTO if we have it, or submit PTO for unpaid if we have no balance. I am curious to know if my SM just isnt aware of the policy, or if she just wants us to use our PTO so our hours will all be accounted for. ...

NJA Policy Nuance
Dec 25, 2012

New to the company. No work available. What is the no jobs available policy? Spend the rest of your night checking back for work or do you get paid for work availabilty? ...

Interesting This New Policy After My
Aug 23, 2013

When we got the New Work Availiability Policy last week I replied and made a suggestion that they go back to the idea of a 12-hour shift within which to get your 8 hours.  I pointed out that it would eliminate the work tickets and all the other administration and mumbo jumbo that goes on trying to get everyone's work hours in.  People would be more likely to be able to get their 8 hours in if they had 12 hours to look for work. It would increase employee satisfaction being able to ...

Confusion About New Policy
Aug 24, 2013

As I read the new policy what has been eliminated is the option if you run out of work during your shift, to just call it quits for the day and take leave without pay.  Instead, you have to keep checking back during your shift.  However, if you still are short hours you have the option then to take leave without pay.  I know this is not what the TSM's are saying, but the option to take PTO or leave without pay still remains in the official policy on line, at least as of yeste ...

TTS Bereavement Policy?
Jul 25, 2014

I can't find anything about this in the documents on the TTS website.  Does anyone know where I can find info?  I emailed the "team" 5 days ago and no response. Does this mean they don't HAVE a bereavement policy? I need to know how many days I get and which family members' deaths qualify as deserving of bereavement days. ...

KS Hiring Policy
Oct 31, 2014

Heads up--in addition to the typing test, they require you run their 3rd party 'computer speed test' and if it doesn't past muster (according to the 3rd party speed test), despite computer being brand new and on high-speed broad-band, they turn you down for the job. A first for me being asked to run this test on my computer before hiring. Anyone else have this experience?  ...

Can They Be That Stupid?
Jun 14, 2010

They are chastizing us for making minimum wage "too often;"  can they possibly believe that after we were used to making $40,000+ a year that we have just become lazy and are happy with making minimum wage?  They don't see the irony that a job this difficult and that takes so much training and experience pays us the same as taking orders at Burger King?  I can't even wrap my head around such denseness.  Yeah, keep griping at us for making minimum wage, that ought to ...

Is ASR Getting Stupid.....er?
Oct 22, 2010

On every job I got tonight the doctors say exactly what they said in plain English... but Mr. ASR puts something different or leaves huge chunks out!  Every job!  I'm sitting here like.... really ASR?  Really???  You didn't catch the 6 words before he said "hospital" and he was speaking normal?  Is it just ASR being stupid or is this the MASTER PLAN of MQ? ...

I'm Sorry, This May Be Stupid..
Oct 01, 2011

This is something that has been bothering me. I feel stupid asking, but since it's rather important, I ask.   cpl   Currently, I am making 0.083 per line typed. I see people stating things like 7 cpl or .8 cpl. Does that equate to 7.0 per lined type (seems crazy!) and 0.8 per line typed? I'm currently being offered incentive pay for working on my days off. They stated 0.5 cpl extra per line typed. Since I have to enter my own pay and production, I'm just confused a ...

What's Up With This Stupid
Mar 03, 2014

For the last week or so, every time I try to read a thread on this site, the U-Verse ad throws me to the bottom of the page and back up about a dozen times.  I can't make sense of any of the postings.  I've tried opting out and changing my settings on "Tools," but it keeps coming back.  Help!!!!   ...

I Don't Mean To Be Stupid But
Aug 22, 2014

Did any of you get an email from MModal or your TSM on how to change your company code in Fluency Manager so that it would reflect the new code and allow you access to DEP?  Did your TSM have you check this and check for your expansions before the go live?  I can still access the DEP portion of Fluency and perform searches, see backlog, all the same functions I had before.  No one said anything about restricting our access.  She had us make the changes and test it before the ...