A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you hate it so much why on earth are you still here?? - anon

Posted: Jul 11, 2011

The posts seem to be getting more and more bitter and full of vitriol for basically every MTSO out there.  Frankly I don't understand why those of you who hate this job so much don't just go get retrained and move on.    I find it hard to believe they are all that bad.  I have worked for 5 or 6 of the big nationals and thought they all lived up to their end of the bargain and were for the most part decent to work for (DSG, Transcend, WMX, MedScribe, and even MQ)

Yeah, you will never get rich being an MT (and anyone who expected to is a fool) but there are still perks to the job.  I make around $14 an hour, which isn't great but I don't have to buy an expensive wardrobe and I can do laundry and cook dinner at the same time I work.  I didn't have to pay daycare expenses and I can wear my p.j.s all day if I want to.   Add all of the time you save commuting, dressing up and eating out and you make more than you would outside the home by a long shot. 

The economy stinks and it isn't looking to get much better anytime soon.  I personally am grateful to have even a half-way decent job.   

Times are tough all over, be greatful you have a job.  And, if you can't do that, move on.  Life is too short to be this ticked off and angry all the time. 

If you hate it so much..... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Well said! Thank you for posting this. I could't agree more.

I don't understand it either. - X-H8TER

[ In Reply To ..]
Hating anything is simply not healthy, in my opinion can cause cancer, depression or other medical and emotional problems.

I am no Pollyanna, but a while back ago I just decided that every day before I begin my day I look myself in the mirror and say I am important and the work I do is important. Anything that is that bad will pass shortly and something good will always come up soon. If I have down time I use it to improve myself, study, read, meditate or whatever I can do at my desk until work comes in.

And you know what? My life, including this job, is not that bad, in fact, pretty darned good compared to many.

Remember: NEGATIVITY ATTRACTS NEGATIVITY!!! That is a law of the universe. Try positive thinking and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Peace and best wishes to all of us.

Self-righteous. Plain & simple. - Phooey!

[ In Reply To ..]
N M
More like misguided. Anon, although I agree many of us do need - to move on, your low expectations
[ In Reply To ..]
are probably a big part of why you don't share the current dissatisfaction. The fact is, in almost all parts of the country a moderately skilled clerical worker (i.e., standard computer skills taught in high school and adult ed classes) will earn $14/hour or more, most of those positions learnable in less than 6 months, often a couple of weeks. By that standard, we all made a mistake in not just going for file clerk or data entry positions in the first place.
U R right! I make about $7/hr. as an MT, so for me - those $14/hr clerk jobs would be a step UP. (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I really, REALLY, like your attitude! ;) - X

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for sharing such a positive comment!! Made my day better just to read it.

I agree! - Happy To Have a Job

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree 100%. I love working from home and have never had any problems with the company that I work for. I have a lot of friends that are out of work due to lay off, and would be happy to have ANY job. I know I have a job most women (and some men) would LOVE to have, and I don't take that for granted. My fiance is always telling me that he wishes he could type, cause he needs a job like mine where he can work in his pajamas too. :) I average almost $16/hr, which is a great wage for the part of the country I live in.

Setting your accomplishment bar kinda LOW - arent you? Little wonder.

[ In Reply To ..]
Ummm, wouldn't that depend - on personal priorities,
[ In Reply To ..]
such as balancing work, family and social activities, personal enrichment like seeking higher education, financial situation, how many income earners are in the household, how much experience one has, distraction factors at home, health status, existing stress levels, overall stress capacity, etc?

There is more to life than making bigger and bigger bucks, being top producer and working 24/7. There is something to be said about pacing, not necessarily over an hour, day or even a week, but over the long run.

Take it from someone who learned the hard way about the down sides of being TOO competitive, job burn-out and developing debilitating health problems long before reaching the 40th birthday. High bood pressure age 32 without predisposing family history, DDD age 33 with chronic back pain requiring meds within 2 years, surgical bilateral carpal tunnel age 34, recurring shin splints age 36 and clinical anxiety and depression due to chronic pain (and no life beyond work) age 39. Everyone has their limits and sooner or later, they have to be confronted and dealt with. Sooner is better. Later, not so much. Low bar? I don't think so.
balancing all of those things shouldn't relegate one - to having to scrape by on food stamps.
[ In Reply To ..]
That income does not qualify for food stamps - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
which is based GROSS household income assets. Total liquid assets cannot exceed $5000 for the household, including checking, savings, stocks, bonds, life/burial policies that exceed $7500, school loans and the value of any "excess vehicle." Assuming you can clear that hurdle, your rent/mortgage, utility and child care allowance is accounted for. With those expenses being average for a single female, she would have to have 5+ dependents before qualifying for food stamps.

She is happy with her income at $16/hr and grateful for her job. Why are you trying to convince her she is a low achiever who should consider herself impoverished and miserable just because you earn more, think YOU could not make ends meet with that pay and would require assistance? Does it somehow boost your self esteem and help you feel all superior? Sounds to me like it is you who has the problem, not her.
Complacency is not a natural human trait. - Its beaten into us.
[ In Reply To ..]
Neither is greed - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
or egotism. Oh my. Yours is quite the black and white world, isn't it? One person's complacency is another's humility.

Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.

None are so empty than those who are full of themselves.
Well, the one human trait that will never disappear - is our tendency to -(sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
disagree and fight with each other. I always sort of snicker to myself when some people think we can ever have world peace. It just ain't gonna happen. And most certainly not for a species that was descended from killer apes.
I'm sorry, but.. - X
[ In Reply To ..]
Who exactly are you to determine HER accomplishment standard? That was kind of a nasty reply, and I think it was also unwarranted. Everyone has their own personal standards, self-expectations, and goals, and no one else has the right to judge them for it. Nuff said!
Then who are YOU to say we're "haters" because - we know we deserve better? Dbl. standard.
[ In Reply To ..]
Where exactly in my entire post did I ever say ANYONE was a "hater?" - X
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm an MT as well, and YES, I agree that we ALL deserve better...I still say that no one has the right to determine another persons personal standard of living!
BTW, perhaps you meant to reply to someone else? - X
[ In Reply To ..]
Just in case that is what happened, I have only used the alias "X" to post, so I suppose it's possible that you thought I had posted under another alias?
By not standing up for yourself, you ARE allowing - others (MTSOs) to determine your living standard.
[ In Reply To ..]
What's it to you? - Happy To Have a Job
[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to know how you would know what my accomplishments in life have been...

I have overcame many obstacles in my life to get to the points that I am today. However, those accomplishments mean nothing to me if I fail as a parent, significant other, friend, daughter, etc.

As I said, $16/hr is a very good wage for the area that I live in, considering the fact that there is not a company within an hour of where I live that would start someone out at more than $10.50/hr.

I am 27 years old, have 1 child and 3 step-children, and I am able to provide everything they need. That to me is an accomplishment. :)
Report back to us in 2 years or so... - hmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
and let us know if you're still happy.

Anyone with common sense will see that MT is a career path with a limited lifespan and that you need to be prepping to do something else long term.

Those of you "happy to have a job" might find yourself working at Wal-Mart or McDonald's down the road.

BS. She knows exactly why MTs are still here. - Why would anyone in their right mind - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
jump ship from any job (even a lousy one that pays poorly) if currently they cannot find anything else? I've been looking for 3 years, and not just in MT. If the jobs aren't there, they just aren't there. Why would leaving mine be of any use whatsoever? Not only would I have no paycheck at all, I'd also have no UE, either. How dumb would that be? These bimbos that say "If you don't like it, then leave" are either (a) too stupid to be allowed to cross the street without having someone hold their hand, (b) vultures without enough work to keep them busy, hoping they'll get YOURS, or (c) recruiters who know their jobs are secure as long as long as they can keep that revolving door spinning.

Whichever of those the you two may happen to be, all I can say is, go get some life experience, because it sounds like you live in a cocoon, and don't have a firm grip on reality.

(PS: My gut feeling is it's "option #3".) - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

A little bitter?? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, you made my point exactly.

Insulting those of us who choose to make the best of our situations instead of wallowing in self-pity doesn't help anyone.

I suspect most people looking for info on the company board just want a little honest feedback. Any time someone has anything good to say about ANY company, they get jumped on and accused of being a "suit."

Honest assessments do not consist only of negative posts by disgruntled ex-employees.

You are not making the best of your situation, - you are settling for slave wages
[ In Reply To ..]
You are a corporate dream! Keep smilin' Pollyanna!
Not slave wages - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Not a pollyanna, just realistic. Based on my education and skill set, I make in the average income range for this job.

My husband has a master's degree and right out of school started at $25/hr. Why would anyone believe that a job that requires the equivalent of an associates degree ever make professional level income??? That is naive.

I used to make $25/hour. Supply-and-demand helped. - Lack of middlemen helped.
[ In Reply To ..]
There are still a few MTs left who make up to $35/hour. Paid hourly, not on production. Oh. And they're UNION jobs.
Lack of middlemen helped - not so! - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
I make 34 bucks an hour on production, not by the hour. I am a simple employee, no union involved. Please don't speak for everyone.
I know people who make $34/hour, NOT on - production. No MTSO middlemen, -msg
[ In Reply To ..]
with their sticky little fingers in the pie, either. They work directly for a large medical center.

They get to go home after 8 hours. They're paid well for overtime, not just fractions of pennies. They have health benefits. They have fully paid vacation time each year, and sick days. They have access to specialty care, mental health, ergonimic evaluations, etc.

Oh. And they ARE union.
Oh we make the best we can of our current situations, - but that doesnt mean we have to settle - s/m
[ In Reply To ..]
for such shabby treatment and lousy pay and like it, as well. Complacency and "settling" is exactly what the Greedy Ones are banking on, an exactly what is making them wealthy.
Why wouldn't any MT be bitter? Are you - SERIOUSLY happy with being ripped off every day?
[ In Reply To ..]

I'd like to suggest an option D - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they know exactly why we're still in; probably for the same reason they are. I suspect the OP was more just goading people....poking the tiger with a stick, in the hopes of getting people worked up. Maybe her job is so slow she's got nothing better to do than come here and try to rile up some folks, especially when her own posting is so contradictory and provides reasons people are stuck in the field.
Another option - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. Maybe she's like some cheese with that whine?
I think it's a recruiter at some crummy company - that the better MTs have gotten wise to.
[ In Reply To ..]
S/he wants to keep the higher-ups feeling that s/he is indispensible, and the old MT revolving door is getting rusty and starting to squeak, especially as some MT schools/classes disappear, and people are starting to look to coding, imaging technician, or nonmedical careers that actually pay you for doing them.

in total agreement - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

couldn't agree more - anonymouse

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems like if you are happy with your job and feel you make a good living and stick up for the fact that you like doing what you do and like what company you are with, they don't believe you and accuse you of not having a life nor kids and that you are a "newbie"!!!

Hmm. "Option #2" on this response. - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]

Worked for 5-6 nationals - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious why you've gone through so many nationals/jobs in your career?

Probably because they're trying to find a *real* - job, and not just a pretend one.

[ In Reply To ..]

Did you mean to reply to a post here, or are you just lashing out in general? sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You ended your post with "Life is too short to be this ticked off and angry all the time." Pot, meet kettle.

Why do you feel the need to police others? If people want to come here and vent, why should it bother you?

I find your post to be nauseatingly self-righteous. Please understand that you don't know the individual situations of those who post here. In your words, "if you can't do that, move on."

No problem - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been bested. I shall never post another positive comment about my experience with a particular MTSO.

That should be very helpful when people come to get feedback when trying to make a decision. I am sure they will appreciate finding nothing but trash talk about every company out there.

Just someone with a superiority complex. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Hook line and sinker - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
"Yeah, you will never get rich being an MT (and anyone who expected to is a fool) but there are still perks to the job. I make around $14 an hour, which isn't great but I don't have to buy an expensive wardrobe and I can do laundry and cook dinner at the same time I work. I didn't have to pay daycare expenses and I can wear my p.j.s all day if I want to. Add all of the time you save commuting, dressing up and eating out and you make more than you would outside the home by a long shot. "

That's right out of the brain-wash handbook. It's also why you ONLY make $14/hr.

It's this kind of thinking that added to the demise of the industry. Quite sad in reality.

anon - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your post! Too many people are playing the victim card. ("I was just sitting on the tracks and a big train came by.") There are many of us who still do well in MT. In the 90s I made $50-60 an hour on a lucrative California State contract. Now I make $34 an hour and have a boss who respects me and treats me well. Not everybody hates MT. I have long felt that some people perhaps do not belong in MT. (Just like I did not belong in the engineering world; when I was much younger, I wanted to be a civil engineer, but oh, the math!) So I am not a victim because I have poor math skills. I chose second best. Although I will retire from MT in a few weeks, I will leave gratefully, happy for the opportunities given me and, like you, grateful to have a job in this economy. And yes, I was an MTSO for many years and I was not the devil incarnate many people think MTSOs are. I am tired of MTSOs all being painted with the same unthinking, ugly brush. So, yep, I do areee with your statement: BE GRATEFUL YOU HAVE A JOB, AND IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, MOVE ON. Truer words were never said.

Yeh, you must be making that "$34/hr" as a - recruiter, or a suit, not as an MT.

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

I guess that makes me a suit or recruiter too - Clover Roller

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a weekend account that averages out to $50 an hour. I make around $200 for a batch that takes me four hours to complete.

The rest of my stuff is between $15 and $40 an hour, depending on the dictator.

There is at least one of your posse on all these subjects/threads. "You're happy, you're making money, you MUST be a SUIT, RECRUITER, LIAR, or just plain TOO STUPID to know any better."

Poor, pitiful you.
If the suit fits...... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Nope, not a recruiter or a suit - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Just a darned good MT who knows her stuff and brings home a nice paycheck. Maybe if you spent more time improving your skills and less time throwing the "suit" epithet and making ad hominem (look it up) attacks, you could increase your take, too? Just saying.

anon-old pro - Congrats

[ In Reply To ..]
Old pro---congratulations and enjoy your retirement! I find the MT field to have given me wonderful opportunities to make a good living and afford me the luxury of working from home in other capacities in the MT field while making an excellent living. I'm now working at a teaching university and my past work experience has been invaluable. I have one question for you----is your wonderful boss looking for a part time replacement? Sounds like a great job.

Thanks for the congrats - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
No, unfortunately, the "replacements" have already been hired. Like you, I have really enjoyed MT. I wish you the very best. My boss (who is indeed quite wonderful) does not want the company name posted, as we are a mid-sized company and are often inundated with newbies, which we need to avoid, as our HR department is not that large. But I am betting you will find a good place. You write well, you think well, and best of all--you have a professional attitude. How refreshing! Take care.

Please do tell on how you are still making $34 an - curiousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
hour. Since 2006 I am only making on average $24. I made $28-$32 before that. Thank God I remarried in '05 or I would have lost my house with 2 girls to raise. I had to make 45K+ a year and was still barely making it even with the child support! I am not complaining though, believe me. I could no way make even close to $24 an hour doing something else. Believe me I did a lot of research on going back to college but I can barely make 30K a year now. Heck I was making 35K in '98 at 30 years of age, once again trying to support my girls on my own. That's why I became an MT so I could buy a house to raise my girls and made 42K that first year even. I couldn't believe it and felt so lucky especially since my daughter got cancer and she was home for a year and a half being tutored. I just don't know how people make it on less than 40K. Not on one income with a mortgage anyway. I had to quit working for 2 years due to illness so I am just now starting back to work and I am sad for our career, very sad. So sad that I cry to my husband. I feel disrespected now as an MT. This is very hard work you know. We are not typists. I will say again yes I still consider myself very lucky so please don't respond that I am spoiled. I am simply saying that I would have lost my house if I had not remarried. My husband and I lost our house in '08 as well because I couldn't work and he got laid off for 9 months and we had to leave our state to survive. So once again believe me I am not complaining but I want to know how in the heck nowadays you are making 34 bucks an hour! Are you working for yourself or something?

I know people making roughly the same; they are UNION, - and they work in-house at a hospital.

[ In Reply To ..]
They are NOT IC's, they are NOT slaves of MTSOs. They work PER HOUR, not on production for fractions of pennies, like we do.
agree - Horski
[ In Reply To ..]
The thing is our hospital just outsourced a year ago. I was one of those happy ones thinking MT is still a great profession. Not anymore. The largest and smallest hospitals are going with outsource companies and those in-house will be surprised. We had 4 women in our department that had been MTs with this hospital for 35 years and thought it wouldn't happen to them either.

Direct clients. No middleman, no MTSO, - low overhead

[ In Reply To ..]
Charge what you are worth and deliver a product and service worthy of your rate.

CuriousMT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
No, I work for a company. I work very hard, know my stuff, an highly experienced, and give 100% every day.

Old Pro - X

[ In Reply To ..]
I always enjoy reading your comments, as you are one of the people here who are always supportive, informative, and seem to truly care about others. Congratulations on your accomplishments, and I hope you enjoy retirement! :)

X - Thank you - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your kind words. I have tried to help people as I can. I hope in my lifetime that I have done a nickel's worth of good somewhere. I am looking forward to travel and family. Hoping for Italy but the dollar exchange is not so hot now, so we will see. I think the MT world is changing, but not dying. I think that many of the people who should not have entered this profession in the first place will be weeded out and the survivors will be stronger and more committed. I think many people entered MT for all the wrong reasons. We all make mistakes. I once thought I would be a great civil engineer, except engineering math did me in! (Red face here.) So, we all make and change our choices. Some folks will see that MT is not their cuppa cuppa but that they have talents in other areas that will make them happier. MT has given me a wonderful life, and I will always be grateful for it. Again, thank you for your kind words!

Thanks Old Pro and I as well wish you a wonderful - curiousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
and peaceful retirement.

JMO on conflicting posts here. - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been in MTing a very long time. I have been on both sides of the fence here. Problem is, both sides are right. I am currently making good money and very happy with my company. That has not always been so. How do you stand up for yourself? You leave. There is more than a couple of companies out there, so why stay with a bad one who takes advantage of you, does not pay well, or does not supply you with adequate work?

Now, I have never been one to go job hopping but I do look out for number 1, that's me. If the account, pay, or management is unreasonable I will definitely go elsewhere. It may take some time, but continue to look until you find the right fit. The grass is not always greener on the other side so be careful about what you accept. Do not leave one bad job for another bad job. The pay does not vary much, so if that is your gripe you should probably leave MTing for higher pay IF you can find that. All of the complaining in the world is not going to change things with many companies, so leave.

MTs need to decide what are reasonable expectations in this industry, as well as accept a few realities that are not going to change. If you will not do it, someone else is standing in line behind you who will. We are never going back to the days of $60,000 per year. So what could you reasonably expect to make in any other profession? How hard would you have to work for it? How much would it cost you to work in another profession? Are the demands from your company unreasonable compared to others? The answers to these questions will vary from MT to MT. There is a list of advantages and disadvantages. You need to make the first larger than the latter. If you simply can not get a job anywhere else, you need to learn to make the best of the situation you are in or find a new one. If you simply can not get another job in MT, there may be a reason why other than your own personal desires in a position. Perhaps it is time to choose another occupation. You simply can not think that all situations for all MTs are the same. They are not. You only hear from unhappy MTs here for the most part. There are many of us who know how to make this work or can obtain a position elsewhere. This is what you have to do. Stand up for yourself? Only you can do that, but it will not be by changing MTSO policies. It will be by doing what best suits you.

Some of us are trying to move on.... - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
but being retrained takes time. You can't just wave a magic wand and receive your RN or other degree. Some of us trying to move on have to slog through this MT crap in the short term - and it's not easy to turn off our feelings when dealing with the frustrations that many of us face.

Similar Messages:

What On Earth Is Going On At The Q
Apr 08, 2011

Is there a magic prize offered?  Did they land some huge new accounts?  Are they just looking to hire a bunch of even lower paid individuals to start replacing more higher paid? What is going on?  Why are all these people looking to work here?  They dont know how bad it is, do they? ...

Why On Earth The Cesspool Is Back?
Feb 01, 2010

Why on earth the cesspool is back?    I log on to work and I am getting work from "a helper pool" which I don't want to help.  The work sucks and I feel bad for anyone who has to do this account regularly.  I never agreed to be a helper for the helper pool.  There is work in the accounts that I am used to!  Why are they doing this? I already had my pay cut from the ASR, from the bouncing around in my own pool from the work going overseas, and now this???? Didnt they take awa ...

With This Stupid New NJA Policy, What On Earth Are
Aug 23, 2013

we supposed to do at holidays when there is No Work and No Work to make up later that day or even that week?!?! ...

Who On Earth Hires These Hair-brained Team Leads?
Jan 04, 2014

Every single team lead I have ever had has been a dim-witted numbskull. How the heck can they get these jobs? ...

I HATE MY JOB, I HATE THIS LIFE
Jul 09, 2011

I HATE that I am tied to my office just waiting for work to come in on two different companies.  I HATE that I just quit a third company because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION (gave my notice to Keystrokes, no response from ANYONE).  What is wrong with these people?  They demand certain things of us but we have no rights?  I HATE HATE HATE it and as soon as I possibly can find another job, I will LEAVE MT WORLD FOREVER.  I HATE THAT I HAVE NO LIFE WITH THIS PROFESSION.  H ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

I Sure Would Hate To Be A CTL Right Now
Mar 04, 2010

I sure would hate to be a CTL right now and be trying to sell this bag of doody.  They must absolutely need a job worse than ME!  ...

I Hate This Job I Hate This Job
Jul 02, 2010

MY VENT TODAY:  I hate QA, I hate my job.  My pay is HALF of what it was 15 years ago and I get picked and PICKED AND HOUNDED to death on meaningless garbage in a report.  Take away my benefits, make me a literal slave to a keyboard, pay me utter crap, treat me like less than a human, and DEMAND PERFECTION. What a stupid field I am in.   PS - If I wasn't too old, if the economy wasnt tanked, and if if if I would be out of this so-called profession. i would have left a ...

Why I Hate QA
Mar 29, 2010

I type a lot of crap, but just had the worst doc I think I ever had.  Had 11 QA markers so I sent it to QA thinking they might actually LIKE getting some work since they are about to be history.  Anyways, this bi*ch marked 2 CRITICAL ERRORS and did an audit on it (which was still 96.5% in spite of everything I am glad to say).  QA you wonder why we have such a bad attitude?  That was totally unnecessary.  ...

You May Hate VR, But
Jun 24, 2010

http://www.nuance.com/news/pressreleases/2010/20100622_mDollarAward.asp ...

Hate This Job
Jul 15, 2010

I spend a lot of time typing for a huge university hospital clinic with no ADT.  Have to type in all patient information.  Almost every report is a LETTER.  Referring physician has to be typed into the ADT.  Then the letter recipient information has to be typed in and lo and behold have to re-type it into the cc list for the doc to get a copy of the letter.  I wonder why I can't run a decent line count?  I spend 50% of my time typing in information that I am no ...

I Hate This Job!
Nov 14, 2011

x ...

Hate To Ask, But . . .
Dec 23, 2011

No Jobs Available what is the process?  (This is quicker than wading through the MQ Central site).  I don't usually have NJA (sorry) --- before you flame me I do type really yucky stuff mostly :)  Thanks.  I know to clock in for the 15 minutes, but last time I got reamed by CCM for not having some sort of "ticket number?"  Is it through the MQ Central site? ...

I Hate To Say It But Thank God For You All..
Feb 23, 2012

I mean really, I have been doing this for like 15 long ass years.. And NEVER have I felt so stupid in my life..I used to make almost 36 K a year, depending on how hard I wanted to work..I work my ass of for this company and, welll, I have yet to check my W2s cause it will make me sick..Im so SORRY your all in the same boat, but at least I am not as dumb as I was beginning to think.. ...

I Hate MT CO
Jun 18, 2012

Just love applying for jobs and having to take their stupid test just to get a reply of the position has been filled as of Friday and we will keep your resume and test on file.  Yeah right.  I never hear anything back from those Co. I tested for.  Does anyone?  What a waste of my time.  Wish they would just say up front we have 2 positions available and 500 people testing, so I would know up front that it is just a waste of my f****** time.   Starting ...

Don't Ya Hate This?
Aug 19, 2012

I sure wish Dr "UM," would go away arleady.  Geez, this one starts every sentence with, "Next, um . . . . (long pause) blah, blah um blah, um . . . .  This job is 24 minutes long packed with about 9,500 instances of using "um" no less than 4 times in every sentence. I have a hard time um you know, um believing um this is a doctor um.  What is that a neurological disorder or language tic of some kind that she has to do that repeatedly? Gads, um . . .  I wish she would ju ...

Hate DQS 7.1
Aug 22, 2012

My line count is in the toilet, it has slowed my computer down. The spell check is missing things like doubled words. The headers are ridiculous.  AND I use the mouse a lot more because half the time the arrow keys don't seem to work. This SUCKS ...

Don't You Just Hate It When
Oct 05, 2012

Don't you just hate it when you've got a dictation that is so fraught with static, and it sounds like the dictator is 100  miles away from the phone, but you actually can make out the words, just barely, and you'd love to leave all blanks because it's such a chore to hear any of it, but you can't, of course, because you can make it out?  Several of these in a row is enough to make me want to punch my computer!  (or eat lots of chocolate!) ...

Hate My Job
Jan 29, 2013

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar." -George Carlin ...

I Hate My Job, I Hate ASR
Jan 30, 2013

x ...

I HATE My Job
Apr 21, 2013

I have been at Nuance 4 months and don't know how I am going to go through another week there. I do not know if it is just the account I am on or what but I keep getting assigned horrible ESL dictators. There r good dictators on this account also, but I cannot seem to get those very often. I am just about to throw in the towel... I just can't quit but I am actually afraid I am going to get fired because I cannot meet this stupid line count with these type of dictators and secondly I ...

I Hate This Job Now
Oct 17, 2013

I am to the point of "Ugh do I really have to work tonight".  They fail you on audits for the stupist of things, nothing below 97 for me, but there are so many CPs with different rules.  You are on one for 2-3 reports then all of a sudden a different one, they someone reserves some to you that you have never heard of, not even in our region, and you have to stop, read the CP and lose lines because you have to make sure once it is done, it is correct.   Then this sorry ASR mes ...

Don't You Just Hate It -
Oct 08, 2014

Don't you just hate it when you're typing along fluently, not missing a thing, feeling so very competent, then you start to think about what you're doing, and suddenly your fingers don't want to do anything you say?  Kind of the centipede who has no trouble walking until someone asks him how he does it - haha! ...

I Hate What This Job Has Become AND What It
Nov 05, 2014

I used to enjoy being in transcription.  It was a way I could not only support my family but also be at home for my children when I was needed.  Now, it has become nothing more than a humiliating and degrading situation, where I sit and wonder WHY am I still doing this.  I used to believe I was good at my job, and I was proud of my quality and my speed.  Lately, however, both have been questioned by Nuance to the point where I believe I am not nearly as fast nor as good as I ...

I Hate This Job
Dec 06, 2014

I've been an MT since 2000.  Each year I see my pay go down.  I've been with 2 big MT companies now and it seems like they are very similar in regard to the fact that they like to screw over their MTs.  This company does not care about its employees.  This career is becoming obsolete.  The computers they have in the exam rooms are pretty much doing our jobs and what is still transcribed is being mostly sent to India.  It is a shame really.  This is pr ...

I Hate This POD
Dec 23, 2014

Lowest. Paycheck. Ever. ...

I Just Hate These Reports
Nov 10, 2009

I'll leave out specifics  - just that patient had fetal intrauaterine demise and she had to delivery the baby vaginally.  I went thru 14 years of infertility without any results and I'd rather go thru that again than what this lady just went thru.  I feel so awful for her. ...

I HATE ASR! No Message.
Nov 19, 2009

No message ...

Shesh. I Hate It When The MME Does Not QA
Dec 22, 2009

according to the client profile. When I go through the documents in QA feedback, I always tell myself I'm not going to look unless it was a document I sent blanks in, but I just can't help myself, and then I get frustrated.  At least it wasn't me not following the client profile.  ...

I Hate When They Spell!
Feb 24, 2010

She had moderate malnutrition, which was treated with percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube feeds.  However, the patient had a very large tracheostomy stoma and had s/l aerobhagy resulting in severe abdominal distention.  The "aerobhagy" is what she spells.  Any clue what she might be talking about?  ...