A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why is the SR piece rate different for each week? - dnr

Posted: Dec 29, 2011

The SR piece rate shown in week 2 is 60% of my straight typing rate like it should be, but for week 1, it is 40% of my straight typing rate.

did you have much sent to QA - have no clue how they do this

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont even see SR piece rate on my stub.

I never send to QA anymore. nm - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Ignore piece rate. This is not your pay rate. - Unsure what it is

[ In Reply To ..]
The piece rate changes with every pay check. The fact that it was 60% was probably just a coincidence. If you don't want to go to the page where it breaks down everything and want to just look at your pay stub to figure what you are paid, if you divide how much you made with the number of lines, it should tell you what your rate is. I believe it may be a little bit more (as mine was) as they may add the nighttime differential to it.

I don't even know what it is or why they put it on there as all it does is ruffle feathers.

Dont ignore it. Find out what it is. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

SR rate - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I noticed that, as well. I have not yet gotten a satisfactory answer, but will be sure to pass it along when I get a response.

Similar Messages:

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

Minimum Wage--piece Rate Law
May 31, 2013

Of course, we all know about minimum wage laws but I was wondering if any one has any knowledge as to whether there might be a minimum piece-rate wage law.  I think if there was such a law, organizations such as MM would not be able to pay their highly-trained and highly-skilled employees as though they were a bunch of uneducated laborers. ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

"Piece Rate"
Nov 02, 2011

On my pay stub under "piece rate" there are different rates for speech rec and straight typing of course; but, I am really confused- a rate of 0.22 and then 0.36??? This cannot be 22 cents and 36 cents-- can anyone explain this to me? ...

Interesting Piece Of Mail
Jul 20, 2010

I got a pretty little glossy page in snail mail yesterday from Nuance/Focus Informatics describing how wonderful their company is and all the openings they have for MTs.  I racked my brain trying to figure out how they would even know that I am an MT.  Then I remembered how the Q signed us up for Benchmark KB and that included my 'free' membership to AHDI.  So apparently AHDI sold my info?  What the heck?  ...

Face It. Our Piece Of The Pie Is Smaller.
Sep 22, 2010

This used to be a career where many of us were able to ride the gravy train for awhile.  Don't get me wrong, we really worked hard for our money.  But, back in the day, we either had our own accounts and kept the entire cpl, or we worked for an MTSO who subcontracted to us or hired us to transcribe and we got a bigger piece of that cpl pie.  I made some fantastic money even 12 years ago.  I was working on tapes or rerecording on from my Skutch box. The years have advanc ...

I Saw A Nuance Puff Piece
May 18, 2014

where they were boasting about their record profits last quarter and so on, including a list of happy cliients, one of which was the VA!  Yes, the Veterans' Administration.  Can we find out if they are offshoring the VA???  If so, there is an issue we could really sink our teeth into. ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Piece Of The "corace, Chorace?" From The Intraarticular Area
Feb 05, 2015

Sounds like my orthopedic doc is saying "corace".  Says "It looks like a piece of the corace from the intraarticular area has migrated superior to within the inner substance of the toe.  Not sure of the spelling of "corace" or "chorace"?   ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

What Is A QA Sub Rate?
Nov 05, 2009

Just got mine, had one last pay period, well duh-------nobody explained it to me!! ...

Pay Rate-HELP!!
Jun 13, 2010

I've been out of the industry and on unemployment for over a year, and have just been contacted by a previous employer to work for them again.  The catch?  I was very well paid by this company and I will be discussing my rate of pay tomorrow with the payroll manager.  I am gunshy about asking for too much money because I now know what slim pickings it is out there.  Should I just jump in and ask for the same rate as before?  I was paid by the page, does anyone ...

DSG Pay Rate
Aug 09, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me an exact cents per line that they make at DSG, documentation services group.  Let me know! I've just received email that i can now test with them and was wondering.  Also how was the test?      ...

What Is The Rate?
Dec 23, 2010

I was offered a second shift job doing QA.  They pay by the hour, but I am not sure what the going rate is. What should I ask for? ...

PTO Rate
Jan 17, 2011

Has anyone noticed an unfamiliar rate in the ultipro system when viewing your pto hours available?  Mine is way off unless they dramatically dropped my PTO pay rate without me knowing yet.  I have not received the dreaded 6th months pto rate change for january in the mail.  I contacted payroll and waiting for a response back. ...

Pay Rate - Rad MT
Jul 11, 2011

What a shock to wake up this morning and realize the almighty "Q" has just sent me hurling into bancruptcy!  My husband lost his $75,000/year job 3 months ago and just found another but only making $8.50/hour.  As we don't live beyond our means, we thought that would at least let us catch up on the major bills.  But now I'm going from $1.65 a report to $1.20 a report.  That's a MAJOR cut in pay ($1,000 to $3,000 PER MONTH).  This is devastating and I feel ...

IC Pay Rate
Sep 20, 2011

I am thinking of taking an IC position.  Can anyone tell me the going rate of how much to charge a company?  Thanks! ...

VR Pay Rate
Oct 11, 2011

I recently read a job posting that required 150 lph for straight type and 225 for VR - Does this make sense ?  These companies are using the excuse that we should be able to produce "twice as many lines" with VR - thus - HALF the pay.  If that is truly the case, then why in the world would the line requirement not reflect that as well.  Obviously, these companies know VR is not nearly as productive for the MT as they claim; however, I would venture to guess with the MT making hal ...

Going Rate For IC?
Jan 05, 2012

After nearly a decade of working with Webmedx, I like many others am looking for extra work to supplement what I will be losing with Nuance.  I have a chance to pick up some part-time IC work, but I have no idea what a good acute care IC rate is.  Ten years ago, I charged $0.12/line.  Is this still an okay rate?  More?  Less?  I don't want to ask for too much and have them laugh at me, but I also don't want to sell myself short. Thanks for any advice! ...

Rate Of Pay
Jan 08, 2012

Wow, I'm an independent contractor and was looking at the job seekers board to maybe take on another part time job.  The rate of pay is still 7 to 8 cents per line??  This seems a bit ridiciulous.  I mean 10 years ago when I started with an online company, this is the rate of pay they started you out at!  I work for local doctors and charge starting out no less than 11 cents per line, especially as an independent contractor where you get no benefits or paid time off. &nb ...

Going Rate
Jan 08, 2012

If you are an IC, what is the going rate to charge?  I am at the beginning of researching to do get my own clients again but am out of the loop of what to charge.  This would be only as myself and not a big company.  Thanks. ...

VR Pay Rate?
Apr 11, 2012

Just wondering what to expect.  My company is moving some docs to VR and I have heard that the pay will be a straight line rate.  I worked very briefly for a company who paid one rate for reading the report and another rate when corrections had to be made.  Just hoping to get some input on how many people out there are paid just a flat rate.  Can you make any money doing this or do you find you have to work longer hours for less money?  Is there anyone out there who is h ...

Pay Rate?
Jun 28, 2012

Can anyone tell me where to find my pay rate?  I checked UltiPro and cannot find it there.  For the past 3 pay periods, my pay has decreased approximately 10 dollars each pay period and I am still doing the same amount of lines that I always do.  Im wondering if they decreased my pay rate without telling me.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

ASR Pay Rate
Jan 08, 2013

Can someone tell me what the pay rate for ASR compared to transcription? TIA ...