A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Weary, Worn Out, Tired - TJ

Posted: Mar 27, 2015

I just finished up the week, and no I am not doing any of their OT either.

After today, I just was so fed up with the accounts  I was getting.  The sound quality was just horrible.  I don't understand this company at all.   Why do they insist on causing such grief to their employees.  After today, my nerves were just shot after pulling report after report with horrendous sound quality.  I am literally counting the days to get out of their clutches.  Like someone posted, MT will work for food, and that is the truth!  There is absolutely no excuse in a company doing this to their employees.  I am certain that they have the cream of the crop working for them.  People who follow the rules, who show up for their schedule, work hard, and literally jump over all the road blocks they put in place.  I am just bone weary, and my mind is completely shot.  It will be pleasure to be off for 2 days.  Tongue out

Weary, worn out, tired - working poor

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand how you feel.

WWT - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much to everyone for understanding how I am feeling. It has been quite disappointing working for MM. When I first worked for them as Medquist it was refreshing. The format was no fuss/no frills, basic. The accounts were good and none of this nonsense that we now have. I dread going back work tomorrow and get those awful daily audits and snarky emails about what our job is. We know what our job is, but they won't let us do it. The sound quality is horrible, the people who dictate are either belching, chewing gum, talking to everyone else, and heaven forbid if they ever backed up and corrected anything instead of leaving it up to us to wonder if we need to take out what they just said. Well, I know you all understand so I don't mean to bemoan this. Can anyone tell me how many hours you have to carry to be part-time? Thank you so much. Here's to a new week, and let's rock those accounts!

worn out, tired - phatty

[ In Reply To ..]
I certainly emphathize with you. I have worked every Saturday for a long time, but one Saturday the work was especially bad, horrendous quality, so I went part-time because of that issue. I know some people cannot go part-time aod take retirement now. My heart goes out to them. What has happened to this company where the dictation is so bad?
where is the "dictator education" they promised months ago. Cannot be, as the SAME dictators do poor quality work. So sad......,

How is Part Time working out for you. - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
I could retire early with that 15K/year limit before they start deducting from Social Security. I'd love to start getting some of that money and still work PT when I can get on Medicare.

my opinion on Social Security - barry

[ In Reply To ..]
Better to wait till full retirement age if you can.
Depends on who you ask. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
My husband was a financial consultant before his retirement. He basically agreed with other financial analyst, in our situation, SS at age 62 was exactly what we needed. The difference in the extra money we could have earned between age 62 and 67, if we waited, would most likely never been recouped anyway. There is not always an advantage to waiting until full retirement age, unless of course you have a good-paying job you enjoy and you are not ready to leave. People who lost their jobs after 9/11/2011, and the current MTs of today, are the perfect people to collect SS early.

I do plan to collect SS at age 62, and continue to work part-time MTing if that is possible. I have already obtained my 3-5 years of highest income, and will never see that again either. With what MT has turned into, it will only supplement one's income anyway, depending on what you are used to making.
Sorry 9/11/2001. - geez NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Some people cannot wait. - mom2huskies
[ In Reply To ..]
I can understand waiting if you are in good health and have a high paying job. In my case, I will have to start collecting at 62. My highest paying years are more than likely behind me after paying into the system for 36 years.

Similar Messages:

Weary And Beat Down
Jan 12, 2015

Nuance's policy:  Please do all of the work necessary whenever we need you, but please don't charge for the work because we do not actually like to pay you.  This is the only industry I know where you need to know everything a doctor knows, but get paid less than minimum wage.  The irony of those creating the rules, but actually do not have a sweet clue what it takes is grand.  My rant is done.  Happy Monday and cheers! ...

Old And Worn Out, Trouble Focusing, Anyone Else?
Jan 29, 2010

with MQ for some 20 years now.   Lately it has become harder and harder for me to focus on my job.   I really try, but it has just become so depressing.   I focus better when I could do straight transcription, but that is just a past that will never come again.   Does anyone have suggestions?   I cannot stay on target for more than an hour now.  Get so sleepy and zoned out, I HAVE to get up and do a power cat nappy....   Oh, yet ag ...

Worn Out Looking For Part-time Jobs
Jun 07, 2010

I've been looking for a part-time at-home medical transcriptionist job and there seem to be hardly any part-time at-home jobs, they all seem to require acute care hospital experience that I don't have, and have required very odd hours.  I do have 13 years of clinic experience.  I feel like giving up on medical transcription and doing something else.  I also have secretarial/office experience and I am looking part-time for that also, but it's been very difficult.&nbs ...

I Am Growing So Weary Of Being Expected To Know As Much As A Doctor...
Jun 04, 2011

for my measly little wage.  what is up with that?  I am talking mostly about comments I get back from quality people who act like they are doctors - what?  but you would rather work for peanuts?  I have never ever eluded to the fact I would ever know as much as a doctor.  I am a good researcher and a bit OCD about my job (a job I used to absolutely LOVE), but do I know as much as a doctor?  not.  if I did, I would certainly have gone to medical school.  ma ...

My Boyfriend Commented On My Worn Keyboard The Other Day.
Nov 03, 2011

So funny.      Then he goes, "Well, I have one you can have if you need it".  Bless his heart, he don't know I am a certified keyboard junkie, and have stacks of them to choose from.....Gosh I am such a nerd......       ...

So Weary Of Having The Worst Dictators In My Life!
Nov 17, 2012

These dictators should be fined for their horrible English language ability. ...

Tired Of Stress, Tired Of Crying, I HATE MY JOB!!!!!!! Nm
May 19, 2010

nm ...

So Tired
Dec 09, 2009

I have sent tons of resumes, NOT ONE reply, NOT ONE call...I have 14 years of experience and I need a job ASAP.  Used to be easy to find a job in this field.  I am so tired and disheartened by these companies who place ads, but do not take the time to even respond via auto reply or ANYTHING.... ...

Same Tired Old Job Ads
Jul 14, 2010

I wonder if we'll ever again see a job posting that looks attractive and isn't posted by one of the big mouthed bass that has taken over the industry. ...

Another One....i'm Tired
Nov 16, 2010

If it appeared degenerative or (sounds like synovenectin) she would like a mini open ...

NJA : I'm So *%^&* Tired Of Having To Sit In This
Mar 14, 2011

Cleaning up elephant-poo would be more exciting and rewarding than this. Likely far more lucrative, too. ...

Too Tired To Think
Aug 24, 2011

Pt has a thumb laceration with nerve repair.  Doc dictates:  His Tinel's sign is past the DIP now. I've never heard mention about the Tinel's sign being past the DIP.  Is this correct?  THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!! ...

Tired Of It Yet?
Oct 07, 2011

Almost everything I read on this board expresses a common thread of disgust with the Q.  If you really hate that the work is going to India, if you really hate that MedQuist is a greedy heartless monster, and if you really despise what is happening to our medical records because of this company, why keep helping it out by staying and helping them make more money by paying slave wages?  I see these words and phrases:  unethical, greedy, corrupt, lower and lower wages, wor ...

Are We Tired Enough Of ISR?
Jun 26, 2012

Are you as tired as I am of making dumb little corrections in the ISR system? This morning, I am spending all my time “uncapitalizing” regular words in the middle of sentences. Where does it come up with the underline in the middle of laboratory values (1._4). It adds a colon after dates and this morning the abbreviation, MD, is after some of the headings. There are no paragraphs. I delete numbers in a list because they are never right and it is easier than going back and changing the ...

So Very, Very Tired Of This
Apr 08, 2013

I do not like working this late.  But, this is generally when the work is available and I understand that it is my best chance of getting work.  Not very many people on my account on a Monday night.  I see 23 reports, op notes, that are easy lines, require an insert, and right when I am about to begin to be able to download them, all of them are gone.  This happens all the freakin time.  Somebody had to pull and assign them for them to disappear in a chunk like that.&nbs ...

I'm So Tired Of Seeing Ads Looking For Help -
Apr 14, 2014

at the following places - TTS, SoftScript, Nuance, FutureNet, StenTel, Keystrokes, TransTech...and so forth and so on.  These companies need to sit back and ask themselves - hmmmmm why can't we keep MTs employed, why doesn't anyone want to work for us, why do we always have ads posted on the job boards....... ...

Tired Of This
Aug 16, 2014

I've been feeling the desire to hang up transcription for good..tired of the nitpicking..the no raise in pay..the feeling of being anonymous..etc...put application in at the hospital.  Yes, I have loved being at home for a really long time now but getting to where I just hate this. Is there life after transcription?  Suggestions appreciated! ...

So Tired Of It All
May 05, 2015

I'm so tired of doctors putting in the wrong patient name, sounding like they're talking through a garden hose, and mumbling. ...

Testing And Tired :(
Nov 29, 2009

It is getting very hard to even find the energy to test anymore. I have tested till I am blue in the face and dont understand why it is so hard to get a job in this profession. I graduated top of my class with a 3.98 and you would think I would have had a job by now. I did not think it would be this hard to land a good job but wow this really is a hard profession to get started in. I seem to do well on the test and dictations but they always send me emails telling me they have already filled th ...

TIRED OF NO RAISES, VERY LITTLE PAY
Nov 30, 2009

Visit:  http://www.opeiu.org/ContactUs/tabid/100/Default.aspx We deserve to be protected:  "Your right to form a union is protected by long-standing U.S. labor laws. While most employers use all kinds of excuses why unions aren’t needed and put up challenges to block organizing efforts, workers succeed every day in building powerful employee organizations. OPEIU can provide you and your co-workers with the tools and support needed to organize a union where you work. You can ...

I Am So Tired Of The Trash!!
Dec 09, 2009

One of my backup accounts is nothing but garbage.  Almost completely ESL.  They can BARELY speak English as it is, but they also choose to whisper and talk as if they have a mouth full of marbles.  I have the volume completely turned up and I can still barely hear them.  My reports are going through today looking like they've been shredded with a machine gun with all the QA markers. I just don't have the energy or patience today to try and figure out what the h3ll ...

Tired Of Testing
Dec 16, 2009

Does anybody know of MTSOs that don't require transcription testing?  I'm so tired of spending time testing only to be offered very low cpl in my opinion.  I've been an MT for 20+ years and am trying to find a part-time job.  However, all this testing is really starting to wear me down.  Aren't there any MTSOs out there that just call references anymore?  I'm an IC and have lots of references and regularly do fill-in ...

Where Are You Sick And Tired? Doing Okay?
Apr 02, 2010

You doing okay?    ...

Tired And Discouraged
Jun 24, 2010

I was recently laid off as the account I was working on went to India.  I desperately need to be working as I have 2 kids to support.  I was offered a job at 0.03 a line editing.  I am debating whether I should accept this as it falls under the heading of  a job is better than no job and waitiing in the employment office really sucks and unemployment only pays $300 a week and this has to be more than that, right?  So my question is, do I take thiis and if so what kind of ...

This Job Makes Me So Tired
Apr 13, 2011

It doesn't matter that I get enough sleep. MT makes me tired, sitting at the computer for hours on end. Anyone experience this? ...

Tired Transcribing
Dec 12, 2011

Have been transcribing for about 6 years now and am growing weary with it, but at 59 years old don't feel I want to change jobs.  I work a split shift which I am not liking very much.  Just tired and wanting a little advice on what you guys do to boost yourself back up again :)  Thanks ...

Tired And Frustrated
Jan 20, 2012

I am working on a H&P, specifically the history of present illness and am just stumped on this sentence... Bowel urinary contains 10 (sl- nights n e) (sl- teading or tidding) tendencies, exercise (sl- toilets) unlimited. Does any of this make sense? Or can you make sense out of it? Would be greatly appreciated! ...

You Know Your Brain Is Tired When ...
Jun 08, 2012

Doing a followup report on a patient who had extensive abdominal surgery including a low anterior resection.  My brain heard "lawn chair resection" and, honest to Pete, I Googled that before I went and listened to it again.   All righty then.  ...

Tired Of Doing Transcription
Sep 11, 2012

I have been doing transcription/editing for 20+ years.  I am EXTREMELY burned out!!  What alternatives are out there for me?? Thanks ...

So Tired Of Everyone, EVEN THE PRESIDENT,
Oct 05, 2012

mixing up the words "offshore" and "outsource."  Outsource is what the hospitals do when they send transcription to M-Modal or whomever.  Offshore is when it goes to our "international labor partners" in India.  Outsourcing jobs we can live with; offshoring is starving us to death.  Get it right already!!!!!!!!! ...