A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tired transcribing - Disiscat

Posted: Dec 12, 2011

Have been transcribing for about 6 years now and am growing weary with it, but at 59 years old don't feel I want to change jobs.  I work a split shift which I am not liking very much.  Just tired and wanting a little advice on what you guys do to boost yourself back up again :)  Thanks

boy I'm with you there. Been doing this for about 18 sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
years and just plain tired of it. As you say too old to start over at 62! Need to work but don't want to do this anymore!

40 yrs at this and at 63 too old and tired to start over too. - Fossil

[ In Reply To ..]
Know how all of you feel. Stuck between a rock and the Q-place.

26 years for me. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I got away from the Squid a couple of times but the Squid caught up with me again.
27 years. Ditto your post mom2huskies - Frosty Mug
[ In Reply To ..]
I have tried 3 other companies & the Squid got me again. Sigh

Similar Messages:

Getting Tired Of Transcribing/editing
Mar 20, 2012

I've been doing this now for only 5 years.  The first 3 years I worked for the same company and then they were bought out.  I went to work for another company and they were bought out.  Now I'm working for Transcend and they are being bought out.  I need a new career, I just don't know what.  I've always worked in the medical field, but I'm getting tired of it.  <sigh> ...

Tired Of Stress, Tired Of Crying, I HATE MY JOB!!!!!!! Nm
May 19, 2010

nm ...

When I Am Transcribing
May 06, 2010

that sound that sounds like an old-fashioned bicycle horn, you know the one with a bulb on it? ...

Transcribing From A DVD
May 12, 2010

I am going to receive 2 DVDs from a client containing focus group videos. I use Express Scribe for my clients. I have never transcribed a DVD and am wondering if there is a way to use Express Scribe for this. Researched this and found no helpful info. Has anyone done this, or is there another free program that I can use for this? Thanks. Lynn ...

Transcribing With VR
Feb 29, 2012

This might be considered controversial, but has any MT out there used a VR program to "transcribe" dictation instead of actually using a keyboard to transcribe?  So I am not misunderstood, I'll be very literal here:  As the MT, you listen to the dictation and instead of typing it out, you speak what you are hearing into a VR program on your computer to produce the "transcribed" report.  I can't be the only one out here who has thought of this and the only reason I can co ...

Need Help Transcribing
Feb 05, 2013

Physician says "abdomen soft; non-tender; non-distended; no "rawls" - how is this "rawls" supposed to be spelled out? Thanks in advance! - sam ...

Are We All OOW Because The QCs Are Transcribing Now?
Feb 26, 2015

I wouldn't put anything past them. It might even get worse when the QCs start receiving production pay. ...

Transcribing
Apr 21, 2015

I'm sorry, I need to blow off some steam and perhaps those who have their own accounts could shed some light.  I have been an MT for a very long time and in the past, what an MT did was TRANSCRIBE.  We didn't follow account specs or change sentences, etc.  Why has the MT industry come to this and why do the MTSO owners agree to this?  I don't mind at all fixing broken English, because I understand that process, but changing what a doctor says, because it's ...

QC Transcribing
Apr 22, 2015

Is there any way to find the QC ID# to see if they are transcribing on my account?  Just wondering because there were apparently a large number of people transcribing on my acct in the last few hours yet when I come on to work there is no work.  Just wondering. ...

Transcribing An Appendectomy
Feb 06, 2010

Doctor dictates:  "The small bowel was viable.  The * were carefully inspected and felt to be entirely viable." It sounds like:  The area condition zones??? were carefully inspected and felt to be entirely viable. Thanks for any help! ...

Transcribing Machines
Jun 28, 2010

I am working on a course in medical transcription and I am at the point where I should get a transcribing unit where can I price them and which ones should I look to buy.  My course is sent to me on CD's. Thank you for your imput. ...

Transcribing An Interview
Jul 14, 2010

I am doing some side work transcribing a research interview, and was wondering your opinions.  One of the respondents in the interview panel is ESL.  Her grammar is very often incorrect.  I asked them when I got the project if they wanted the transcription verbatim, and she said "yes, let's leave it true to form."  I had asked because the previous work had a lot of "like" and "you know" in it, and transcribing every utterance was actually really hard.  ...

Cardiac Transcribing
Jul 14, 2010

Diffuse athrosclerotic disease without clinical evidence of coronary artery disease ...

Does Anyone Else Use Earbuds For Transcribing?
Aug 10, 2010

Does anyone else use ear buds for transcribing?  I am using Ipod ear buds and the sound quality is very good but they keep falling out of my ear, especially my left one.  Does anyone have any suggestions for ear buds that they have used?  Also, does anyone know why the search function has changed?  It is possible to still search the boards?  I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks! ...

Transcribing While Traveling
Nov 18, 2010

Hi, I would like to travel occassionally with my husband and still work while doing that.  Does anyone work while traveling down the road.  No airline involved, just strictly vehicle travel.  If so, what setup do you use to stay connected to the internet? Thanks, LC ...

Are Any Of You Transcribing Straight Into EMR?
Dec 29, 2010

I was wondering if any of you are transcribing straight into EMR and if you are, how does that work? How different is it to standard MT? Do you use it in conjunction with VR? Do you work for a large or small hospital, clinic, or physician's office? Specialty? Anything else I forgot to ask?  LOL ...

What Exactly And FTP Progam Is For Transcribing
Jun 03, 2011

I am wondering what exactly and FTP progam is for transcribing. ...

Pay For Editing Vs. Transcribing
Jan 27, 2012

Hey guys I was just mulling over the fact that editing accrues 1/2 that of transcribing, yet it tends to be as difficult if not moreso depending on the butchering job it does to the dictation (heavens forbid they have a thick accent. then it truly only stands in the way of progress...)... both I & my mother are MTs & just kind of wondering- does anyone else think this is fair? Is there literally anything fair about this? I mean, even the base rates for transcribing aren't mucho buen ...

Transcribing A Report
Jan 31, 2012

Person transcribing has indian accent and is hard to understand.  Can anyone help me figure out what goes in the blank?  This is referring to AIDS-related complex and pancytopenia. ______________ bacteremia, the patient developed more thrombocytopenia with negative DIC parameters.  ...

Transcribing Subsets
Feb 10, 2012

How do you transcribe diagnoses such as type 2 diabetes out of control (a) no evidence of retinopathy, (b) out of control on insulin.  TIA ...

Psych Transcribing?
Mar 26, 2012

Is there anyone here who can tell me why many of the companies who have psych reports only want MTs with 5 or more years experience? I've done a few psych reports and had no problems with them. I find them fascinating and would love to secure a job doing mainly those type of reports (if there are such jobs?). Just wondering why the 5 year requirement? Thank you in advance to anyone who has an answer.  ...

Sleep Transcribing...
May 18, 2012

I just did that. I was just so tired that I just transcribed a whole 4 minute job while doing what I think was sleeping. If felt good so it must have been some kind of sleep. I was saved by the phone. My husband called and woke me up and I looked up at the screen and it was an utter mess! I repeated lines over and over and typed gibberish. I went even as far and complex to hold down the shift key for brackets. I don't know why I did that when I didn't even need them. I'm s ...

The Indians Should Not Be Transcribing
Mar 01, 2013

Unfortunately, if I complain about this it won't do any good.  But boy I can't make any money on jobs like that.  Wish they'd just let me transcribe it instead of filling in the blanks. ...

Getting Back Into Transcribing
Dec 09, 2013

HI! I am happy to announce that I decided to get back into transcibing. It has been 7 years since I have done it . This is a big step for me because I am older and memory has failed me a little so I will have to refresh my memory before going back in. Are there any webinars that I can take or any websites that will update me on anything that I need to know about reports or software?   ...

Transcribing Program
Jan 19, 2015

I remember reading sometime ago there was another free transcription program out there. My problem is I just changed my operating system and now Express Scribe will not accept my product key. Until I hear back from NCH which probably won't be until tomorrow at the earliest, since it is the middle of the night there, I am dead in the water with work that needs to be sent back today. Any info would be appreciated. I'm just too broke today to buy any software today, and besides I wi ...

Transcribing For Doctor
Feb 04, 2015

I was offered a job working for a doctor.  What is the best software to have the dictation sent to me and sent back to him?  Thank you! ...

So Tired
Dec 09, 2009

I have sent tons of resumes, NOT ONE reply, NOT ONE call...I have 14 years of experience and I need a job ASAP.  Used to be easy to find a job in this field.  I am so tired and disheartened by these companies who place ads, but do not take the time to even respond via auto reply or ANYTHING.... ...

Same Tired Old Job Ads
Jul 14, 2010

I wonder if we'll ever again see a job posting that looks attractive and isn't posted by one of the big mouthed bass that has taken over the industry. ...

Another One....i'm Tired
Nov 16, 2010

If it appeared degenerative or (sounds like synovenectin) she would like a mini open ...

NJA : I'm So *%^&* Tired Of Having To Sit In This
Mar 14, 2011

Cleaning up elephant-poo would be more exciting and rewarding than this. Likely far more lucrative, too. ...