A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Today told I new more RAM...will that solve the problem? - alphamt

Posted: Oct 14, 2010

Fellowettes:  Finally got support to desktop-enter my PC.  But I am wondering, since they updated it to the 3rd and latest upgrade and it is still acting up, wonder if RAM upgrade has worked for anyone. 

It would seem that if this is the correct info to "fix" the upgrade, it should be disseminated in a MQ web-wide message.  I know that the majority of MQ's MTs (that is what we still are) would work to solve the problem and be part of the solution.  Doesn't that save time, disaffection, and money in the long run for everyone?

I received an email with system requirements - shortly after first launch

[ In Reply To ..]
It requires a Pentium PC with at least 2 Gb of memory. If you have a MQ computer that is 4 years old or more, it's outdated. All I did was told them what I had and they sent me a new one right away with no problems. Given the new one only has 1 Gb of RAM, it improved things to the point where it's just as fast as it used to be before the upgrade. Just ask support to send you a new computer.

I added memory to my MQ computer - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
and it works just fine. DQS 6.1 is a little "stuttery" at times, but not really slow. I don't think anything we can do would totally correct it to the way it should be, but adding memory does help a lot.

Similar Messages:

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

Okay, VR Experts Help Me Solve This One:)
Aug 31, 2010

I am open to VR and have done it before at my previous job with the same software, dictatphone, and do not find dictaphone bad to do VR at all. The problem is, with this job that I have now, I have been killing myself, I cannot get over 500 lines per day doing VR, and all the accounts are VR.  The reason I cannot get above 500 lines is for every job that is a letter, consult, DS, PT, memo, or review, I have to create a new visit ID, look up the physicians ID and location, create that visit ...

Wouldn't This Solve The Problem?
Jul 31, 2012

...If HIPAA laws clearly stated medical records of United States citizens could not be sent out of the country...wouldn't that be protecting the client better AND keeping jobs in America? Why won't they?  They have their laws on everything else! ...

Landmark MTs: Let's Try To Solve The Puzzle (sm)
Apr 04, 2013

About two weeks ago I was told the decreased work on the rad/onc account I was on was decreased because they all went to VR. However, the work had not that decreased that much. Then I was told I would move to a new hem/onc account starting the end of March. I was then told that there was a delay in that account starting. I was then told I'd start an ER account and K would install an older version of ExText this week. So far no contact. I'm curious to know how others with LM ar ...

Anyone At Nuance Really Want To Solve The Problems
Mar 08, 2015

Get rid of bad managers and bad HR people instead of promoting them or moving them. Stop encouraging recruiters to lure people in on falsehoods, would be a good place to start. Find people with integrity willing to tell the truth. ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Have You Ever Been Told This And If So------
Apr 09, 2010

what would you do about it.  My TL repeatedly tells us to get off the system when the work volume is low because we are taking food out of other MTs mouths because they cannot feed their families or pay their bills because they need to get at least 20,000 lines per pay, but they cannot do that if we stay on the system,and we need to have compassion for them and get off the system so the ones who need it the most can pay their bills.   Even if our line count is not met, they need i ...

Has Anyone Else But Me Been Told....
Aug 08, 2010

That you can't work on any computer besides a Medquist computer?  I don't get along my CCM.  We don't like each other.  I wanted to load my programs on my laptop so I could work when I was away from home, and I was told that was not possible.  I said I had done it in the past.  I was told, not anymore.  Support backed him on it.  But here lately I have heard people talking about working at Starbucks!!!!  That even during training they ...

Has Anyone Ever Been Told
Jul 16, 2012

that you are the only one who complains about pay and the lack of improvement of ASR? Somehow I find it hard that I am the only one on my team who voices their opinion. ...

Let Go Without Being Told
Jul 08, 2014

So I tried to get into mail and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into web clock and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into my regular work platform and again no luck.  Last week I was called about being short an hour and some minutes.  I was questioned about line counts also but was never told I was getting written up or terminated so what the hell?  Has this happened to anyone else with Nuance?  The thing is before this super unprofessional action ...

New To ASR/Told Had To Switch To ME By 07/01
Jun 30, 2010

I am sweating this out, as everyone else has, and it is not working for me.  The rules are too vague, the training insufficient, and I am struggling with doing whatever I can to get through the report and trying to correct "correctly" - whatever way that really is, there is no explanation.  I don't know when to use F11.  I gave ASR a 4-month try 4-5 (?) years ago when it first was implemented, and see similar non-recognition issues, similar heading issues, and probably I am ...

I Told My Husband
May 21, 2012

been with MRC/Medifax/MQ/MModal for 15 years now. He said "Will they send you a service pin?"  He's a real joker, my husband. ...

Way Above 98 And Told I Should Continue..
Jun 21, 2012

to strive for the 99%.  It did not matter I had 98.8. and there have been times I was over 99%  They are out of their freakin minds.  I wonder who in this world is perfect at their job. ...

Told To Use My PTO By End Of Year?????
Nov 01, 2012

X ...

I Was Told By My CCM Why No Work For Some
Jan 03, 2013

apparently they are trying to weed out MT's as they did CCM's. The ones who don't produce or excessive absences, etc.  ...

I Have Been Told Nothing About The 15 Minute Pay
Mar 19, 2013

I was not told anything about taking 15 minutes when no work available.  I have read something to the effect of taking 15 minutes pay when no work available.  I'm confused.  Why hasn't my TCM told me about this?  I work on new acct, haven't been with MModal that long, but shouldn't I have been told about this as I ran out of work and was told to just clock out if no work.  ...

My Boss Just Told Me... Sm
Jul 18, 2013

that a "transcribers" job is to type what they hear and only what they hear, and that the doctors will be held accountable for their mistakes.  This made me laugh. ...

Hate To Say I Told Ya So
Aug 14, 2013

When this PTO garbage started I knew something was coming down. I don't like this new NJA procedure. I haven't had time to decipher the whole thing, but something STINKS ...

6-1/1 Yrs Ago My Manager Told Me Sm
Aug 15, 2013

"It WILL BE 7 yrs before they get enough Indian transcriptionists trained to replace all the US MTs."  Not would be or could be but WILL BE.  That was right after he had gotten back from a meeting with all the higher ups and right about the time C-Bay came into play.  He quit MM not too long after that and so did I. Good luck to you all.    ...

Told Dr Complaining
Sep 12, 2013

We were told recently a doctor was complaining about the quality of our reports.  I thought that strange as he has no accent and speaks very clearly.  I just did a report of his and his complaints are....do not use 1, 2, 3, etc., spell out one, two, three, etc.., do not leave off THE patient and just type patient at the beginning  of a sentence..do not leave off LABORATORY IS AS FOLLOWS and just type LABORATORY, type what I said.  I said..right on, doc, my sentiments exactly. ...

Told Cannot Use Time Off No Pay For NJA
Nov 09, 2014

What is this something new?  I am PT and if there are no jobs available, I have to stick around until the end of my shift or schedule time during the pay period to make up time when there were no jobs available.  What is that all about?  This cant be legal.  That is not what it says in the policies and procedures under Human Resources, but the new time keeper or whatever she is called sent an email and said there is a lot of confusion about this and said you cannot use time o ...

Okay, So I Have Been Put On PM. I Was Told To Log Into Ultipro And SM
Jun 12, 2015

Log into Ultipro click on myself tab and click correctiv actions.  I have tried to do this several times and cannot.  i get a message that my system cannot handle this, I need explorer 8 or hogher.  I tried to download explorer 8 and it says I my system cannot handle it.  I tried from personal computer and get same message.  I then tried again on MMODAL comp using Firefox, still no go, same message.  Anybody else have this problem?  This is crazy. ...

CTL Position Eliminated-TOLD YOU!
Nov 16, 2009

When this position was created, I told several on this board NOT TO APPLY for it because it would be eliminated like other positions they dream up.  YEP, just got word today it has been.  The CTLs will now be MMEs only.  UNBELIEVEABLE!!!  This company never ceases to amaze me!  Several days ago, someone said something was going to happen on 11/15, this was it!! ...

Was Told I Wasn't Paid Enough To Put Up With
Dec 02, 2009

the bickerings of his office staff.  Mind you, I make great per hour pay with this doctor, so I cannot complain about his pay, but for him to acknowledge that he was aware how valuable my time is really put a smile on my face.  His office wanted me to do something for them and I propose charging them (not him) $25/hour.  He told me I had undercut myself and was worth more.  :)  This was something they need to take care of internally and he told me he will tell them not t ...

Supervisor At Hospital Told Me
Jan 23, 2010

before editing and she spends her day editing the editors. That sounds cost effective! ...

Doc Just Told Me To Hold My Water.
Feb 11, 2010

He started dictating an Op note and then got confused.  While trying to figure out what the heck he was doing, he said "hold your water." Maybe I'm just really bored today, or maybe my sense of humor is out of whack, but I started laughing hysterically at that! When the doc actually talks directly to me instead of just dictating (unless they are being a jerk) it's nice because you realize that he or she knows there is someone listening....even if they're telling you to ...

An MT Supervisor Told Me (Regarding MTs Who Aren't Doing Well)
Mar 12, 2010

An MT supervisor told me that when they aren't happy with an MT's work because they aren't following instructions or are getting sloppy, they just take them off the schedule. Sometimes they do it gradually and other times leave them with little or no work. They keep the work for the MTs who are doing the best job with the least fuss. Interesting. ...

Was Told That AHDI Said Transcriptionists Should Be
Mar 23, 2010

able to do any type of transcription.  Not sure if that is tier 3 or any transcriptionist, but AHDI is not a friend of the MT.  AHDI and MQ are certainly in bed together and against the MT.  ...

I Was Told By Moving With My Primary To A New CCM.
Jun 18, 2010

I have had less of my primary account for the last 2 weeks.  Today, I have so far done 8 reports and 8 reports are all from different hospitals I have never heard before.  Sure, my primary I will see more by swithching over to the other side.  LIES!  Back in the cesspool AGAIN!  Making less than minimum wage.  MQ loss, not mine.  Trying to do my best, but this is crap for crap pay.  Need to seriously get out of here.  Six more months, if I can hold i ...